Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Cold out there now, but it should warm up nicely later. I have alread been to Kroger but forgot to get more corn flakes. I may have to go out again for that. J's dinner last night was soft scrambled eggs with cheese, and later some soggy corn flakes that finished the box. So of course I knew I would remember to buy those without putting it on the list, right? LOL. I bought what WAS on the list, along with a few other things, and realized I had forgotten the corn flakes when I got home. Oh well. It is a nice day so maybe we will be out and about anyway.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOZyJF-OS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0MaTvjvCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpP9bLtLpg

• parityanimal
    I made it back out to Kroger, and got the corn flakes, along with a few other things that came up in a perusal of the larder.

J was having mashed potatoes for lunch when I left.

Edweirdo...er, I mean Eduardo, has some nice smelling Stroganoff going in a slow cooker. I'll either make same red lentil pasta separately, or mix it in for the last 20 minutes or so, depending on how soupy it seems to be at that point. In the end, the pasta will be mixed in with the meat and sauce regardless. And, of course, the sour cream (except I use whole fat Greek yogurt in lieu of that) will be stirred in at the last minute.

n3ii5l99454w.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hey Ed!
    I finally remembered to buy cornflakes myself....to make the cornflake snack that you posted! It will take me awhile to go back and find it...but I'll find it! LOL!

Home from the gym, trying to decide what to eat for dinner. Not particularly hungry??? huh? me?? The only think I've thought of that soound even remotely good would be the Frozen Gluten free blueberry waffles with maple syrup. Surely I can do better than that!!

A laugh for Ed Weirdo...my introduction to stroganoff was many many years ago, I had a little job working for the dietary department in a hospital in Quincy Ill. Walked in one day and our manager was motioning me to come into the kitchen....he was supposed to be making a luncheon for the Dr's wives, and he forgot to get the sour cream out of the refrigerator...Yes, there I was, bare hands and all, squishing ice cold sour cream thru my fingers trying to warm it up so it would not curdle when he added it to the rest of the Stroganoff!!! At the time I couldn't stand sour cream or even cream cheese...yet there I stood....icky icky icky!!!

Cleaning and gym were a bit late getting started today, and Ted did more than his fair share, I couldn't find my 'Start Button'!! But, it has all gotten done, and I was very happy and surprised to see two of my gym members that I hadn't seen in YEARS when I walked in!! Big hugs, and lots of chatting to catch up. And Ted wonders why it takes me sometimes well over and hour
    to do 30 minutes of exercise!

Hope tomorrow is as nice as today has been. Fun seeing the trees blooming on my street and in my yard. The buds are swelling on my Dogwood Trees, I always love seeing them.
    An entirely differesnt set of daffodils blooming now...some of them nicely fragrant. I love to cut 1 or 2 and put them in the kitchen window with the orchids which are just outdoing themselves right now. They smell so nice in the kitchen...the daffodils. my orchids have no scent. :)

Take care, and I hope to see you in the actual morning tomorrow!

Later...

• parityanimal
    My Stroganoff turned out delicious! I put in more pepper than anyone would ever put in a Stroganoff but I like pepper and since it is only me eating it, that is just fine.

I made J a large omelet with white American cheese, and then a small cinnamon roll mug cake with cream cheese topping. We are starting to move toward more solid foods for him.

• parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It should be another warm one, with no chance of precipitation. I woke up obscenely early but got on up. I need to finish setting all the clocks that don't set themselves. Thank goodness the smart phones and computers take care of it automatically, as does my fitbit.

Not a lot else an the agenda today. A bit of housecleaning that I got started yesterday can be continued today I guess.

Last night I made a somewhat more solid omelet for J with white American cheese, topped with hot salsa. I saw that some kind of cereal was eaten after I went to bed, and a single serve bucket of chocolate pudding. Today we can start trying to migrate toward more solid food.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHbv9o9rvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VISlRyqGdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpO3SThqKk
  • GardenKatGardens
    Well, it WAS morning..

Hi Ed!
    Started out well, but then I was curious, so I've watched all 3 video's...and now its afternoon!
    Going to be a quiet day...I was awakened by legs, both...and foot/ankle cramping. A nasty mean way to wake! So, after massaging the magnesium oil into those areas, I did finally get to sleep...and over slept by the clock standards...but just right by my brain/body standards!!!

It sounds like J's doing well. You've done a great job with the 'soft' diet!! Remind me to call you if I ever get into a 'soft' diet situation. Will tap into your 'Ed Weirdo' hat! LOL!

I ate a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries, and a medium banana, and about half cup of red grapefruit. I'm thinking that will hold me together until after gym...
    I will be doing a stir fry...cuz my home grown 'lion's mane' mushroom pack, has re-fruited, and I have a lovely big crop of mushrooms!!!
    Add some sliced carrot, broccoli, and grate a bit of ginger and a smashed garlic or 3, and I need to start a pot of rice in the IP... my guess that will then be more dinner than anything...
    So today will be a two meal day!! LOL!!

Should top out about 61 degrees...so maybe a little more yard work..?? or a short nap??

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! Another warm one, with no chance of precipitation.

A lot nicer than it was the other night. At least according to the weather page...

rvl0a70dgqia.png

Not a lot on the agenda today. I may step out for a bit and make some vitamin D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAoLk3MdRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6IOOYVwTc
  • parityanimal
    DON'T FALL FOR THIS SCAM!

If you get an official looking email purporting to be from payment-report@kroger.com congratulating you on your successful order, it's a scam to get your personal information, probably for identity theft purposes.

It's another clever variation on an old scam.

I got an official looking email from

payment-report@kroger.com <newsletter@foodgolds.com>

Subject: Dear redactedname@redactedemaildomain, Your Order at www.kroger.com was successful.

followed by a graphic boldly shouting CONGRATULATIONS! and then redactedname - CLICK HERE

And then the Kroger emblem.

Needless to say, clicking there (or any of the other clickable areas) would not have taken me to the Kroger web site, but this is, I would have to say, a VERY clever new version of the old scam to make someone think that they may have been charged for an item they did not order, and to click to find out.

I do shop at Kroger, as do millions of shoppers, so it's a good bet on their part that at lease some portion of recipients will click and give up information they should not.

The email to which it was addressed, however, was not the email I use to log into the Kroger web site, and the address they ACTUALLY sent it from has nothing to do with Kroger.

In addition, Kroger addresses me by my name, not my email address.

If I HAD ordered something from Kroger I might expect an email (to the correct address) acknowledging the order, and perhaps giving an estimate on delivery, and possibly even offering tracking information, but not CONGRATULATING me on successfully making an order and then, obscurely telling me to "CLICK HERE" without even telling me why I need to click there.

DON'T FALL FOR THIS!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! It's supposed to be rainy all morning, but nicer this afternoon. I need to get to the vet for Lilo's next bag of lactated Ringer fluid, as there are only two more treatments in the current bag, which will be used for Wednesday and Friday. Yesterday's fluid treatment went easily. I took care of her Tuesday shot of Adequan first thing this morning, and of course the subsequent treats.

While out I need to get some more milk, and some alcohol wipes, as I go through those wipes pretty fast. I test my blood glucose four times a day. And Lilo thinks SHE gets needled a let! LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elinh_7wp3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugElBfp0j98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am95bSANQJg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Ed!
    Boy did I sleep last night. NyQuil for the win! LOL. Going to nap, its a gray day, my eyes are heavy, and....'why not'?

Love the T-shirt on the kid doing the good video about anti inflammatory foods!

I'll see if I can get back here later today. Email has been thru the roof lately.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Back again!
    Nice talk with Jack. He says I need the DayQuil that I need to sign for. I for sure need something that will 'dry my nose up'.

Right now I have a cat sleeping on my lap!!

later...
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Tonight's dinner (and several more meals worth) was a chicken thigh and cornbread dressing, with my wine of choice. It was served with English peas, lightly buttered. Eduardo had fun with cream of mushroom soup, and some herbs, tonight.

Needless to say, I have several more meals coming out of this.

J will be having vegetable fried rice, being now back to reasonably solid food.

tsqjnijz8ydt.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It should be warm and cloudy today with 20% chance of precipitation. I may sneak back to Kroger to see if they have stocked any more alcohol wipes. Breakfast was a repeat of last night's dinner, but with hot tea instead of wine. LOL. I must say, chicken and dressing with creamy mushroom gravy, and green peas, makes a divine breakfast. Six large chicken thighs (bone in, skin on) were cooked. Four remaining now to be consumed. Lilo gets her next home fluid treatment early this afternoon.

I don't have a medical degree, but did have some training, when much younger, to be a medical assistant. We learned how to draw blood (and I don't mean with a pencil and paper!) give shots, subdermal, intradermal, intramuscular, and intravenous, though in Tennessee one had to be licensed to give intravenous shots, and we only practiced that on a dummy. Our school didn't do that licensing, but that could be arranged through the state.

We also learned how to centrifuge blood, do a few exaiminations of the blood, do manual blood counts, and some urinalysis. We took advantage of student pollen allergies or the like for practical demonstrations of how that might affect the white blood count and the ratios. And we learned how to test for a few common diseases and do a "rabbit test" which, in case anyone didn't know, hasn't actually required a rabbit in a long time. No rabbits were harmed in our pregnancy tests.

I never did get my certificate because the school claimed I owed them more money, though we had an agreement that I would work that off doing janitorial stuff around the school. I HAD done the work but they claimed I still owed some money and I got the strong feeling it was just a scam to get as much money from the students as possible, especially when I found out some classmates were in the same predicament.

The school closed about six months later, so there was no chance then to get it. All the same I never regretted my taking the training, as it did give me some skills that I still use.

I still don't particularly want to see BIG needles as they go into ME, but once in I can look. And I have NO issues with sticking needles in someone else, be it another person or a cat, and could give myself a shot as long as the needle isn't too big. I am sure I could, with effort, use a larger needle on myself if necessary, but would rather not have to go there. LOL.

I hear the garbage truck, so I guess I will bring that bin up and pour myself another cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyeOWpqUj_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwiFaESTU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lznk3NKW0

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    Eleven o'clock sharp! I had one dose of NyQuil last night around 10p, and I'm still in a fuzz..not to mention sleeping for nearly 10 hours! I can't keep this up...Haven't been to the gym all week. Which is good..I'm not spreading germs?? Not sure I'm even germy. Could just be allergies. Though I"ve never had spring allergies in my life. Who knows???

I've had my banana, half cup blueberries went into my oatmeal. So my Vitamin C levels should be good!! Also tasty!

Out of the house today...going to try to find an antihistamine, without all the cough and other attributes. I just need to keep my nose from running off.

Interesting about your medical training. When did this happen in TN? I got my Lab training in TN, and was licensed in TN. 1981-i think. I've let that license lapse. For sure don't need it anymore.

The discouraging news this morning from Ted...deer tracks in my yard on the garage side. Thats a relatively narrow run between me and Eileen's yards. I hope that means they (or it) was just using it as a cut thru. I've always enjoyed knowing there weren't deer in this area...oh, well.
    Jack and Jenn have had issues for years, and finally gave up. Only planting ornamentals, bulbs, perennials, in their back yard which has a nice TALL fence.

I'm heading to the shower, though I'd really like to take a nap first. Not gonna nap. I've had more than enough sleep!

Later...
  • parityanimal

Interesting about your medical training. When did this happen in TN? I got my Lab training in TN, and was licensed in TN. 1981-i think. I've let that license lapse. For sure don't need it anymore.

Oh, that training was way back in the late 70s or early 80s. The only thing that really stuck is being comfortable, in general, with needles.

J just can't give Lilo her shot or fluid treatment. Well MAYBE, in desperation, her shot, as that is a relatively small needle, but J is just NOT OK with needles. As for the fluid treatment, he had to take her to the vet for that when I was in the hospital. The bag of fluid, with 10 doses (currently 10 doses anyway) and the kit to administer costs $22 plus change. Getting ONE dose administered at the vet (though they did do a double dose) cost $30. I save a lot being able to do that myself, and it saves the cat a lot of stress as we aren't dragging her to the vet three times a week for the treatment. The treatment itself is stressful enough, I am sure.

• parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling throwback Thursday! Another warm one, with 40% chance of rain this morning. It's not even officially Spring yet but Summer is trying to creep on us here in Georgia. Lilo gets one of her three days a week off from any medical procedures today. I am sure she's thrilled.

Since it's throwback Thursday, here's me on May 6, 1989, at 29 years old, finally graduating from college with my long awaited computer science degree.

bh7i54e2c9kc.jpg

Oh, and here's a holiday I will try to celebrate! International napping day!

j7vujnqrbh1u.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jx6VOPuNo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAihLQgQeo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyxnRXD-nMk

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    I would have not guessed the red headed/bearded guy getting his degree was YOU!! Very nice pix!

Nice outside, just not sunny. But it was 60 degrees and no wind when I poked my head out this morning. :)

Loved the Happy Napping Day image! I should print and apply to my bedroom door!

Finishing my coffee, and then ready to hit the floor running, (so to speak)! HA! Laundry day, and some odd chores prepping for packing Friday, and I think if Ted agrees we'll move house cleaning up a day. There will be enough commotion with last minute packing stuff and my brother John, and SIL, Rose arriving around noon.

Hoping for nice weather at the beach. Bringing a puzzle and one of my games from home to hedge off a rainy week!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It should be another warm one, with some chance of rain. I need to stay home today since I am expecting a postal delivery that requires an adult signature. They USUALLY come in the afternoon but you know if I try to count on that and leave in the morning, it will come and go while I am gone, leaving me with a pick-up slip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4dnecuBmLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotWWDtT-rs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SWadFOMxtM
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    Well that was a nice twist on Fried Rice! I'll have to try crisping some garlic. If I can't find powdered Dashi...(oh, Amazon!!), I'll bet I could crush and then toss the crushed seaweed into my blender. I swear it will powder anything!

Packing all my nice clean clothes into my suitcases. Picking up my toiletries, being mindful that I will be using most of them in the morning...so I have a really cute little duffle bag. While I was poking around in Publix on Wednesday, I spied some instant steel cut oats. Hmmm, I said! Tried a packet today. I could have eaten a bigger serving than what they packaged, but it was tasty, and the packet itself shows you where to cut the bag after putting the oats in your bowl, and that empty packet is then your measuring cup!! Would be really handy if one was camping/hiking.

Since I woke after only 5 hours sleep this morning, my eyes are now very heavy and feel terribly sleepy...I think today I'll have a 'morning nap' instead of the usual afternoon variety! (making being flexible work for me!!!)

Tomorrow we drive to HHI. Hate the trip, love being at the beach. My condo overlooks the shallow kids pool, and the lagoon! Not usually warm enough for many kids, but the lagoon is always fun to watch...birds, occasional alligator, turtles, etc.

Later...