Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's looking like a typical day around here. Warm with 20% chance of precipitation.

I don't think I need to be anywhere today, but we'll see.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1lHx0pxZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI-cXmAi4ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kFrpkAg6-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skOQZJvrq88
  • parityanimal
    Oh, and HAPPY Pi Day!

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Happi Pi Day to you also! Glad you mentioned it. I probably would have forgotten.
    My carriage is arriving noon-ish. I expect they will be a bit early.:) And then I will be a beach bum by dinner!!
  • GardenKatGardens
    HI Ed,
    My brain is firing every split second, did I pack this or that, and what if , and should I....This is why I pack last minute. Otherwise I make my self crazy. (er?)

Last minute stuff for after my shower, and then Ted and I will have about 2 hours to get our 'Saturday Morning' cleaning done before they get here. I really love this SIL. She just doesn't like indoor animals. Likes animals alright. Just not in her house. So, I want to make sure the carpets and furniture is 'fur free' for her. She's never say anything if it wasn't, but why stress out the woman I'm sharing my brother and a condo with???? :)

Can't wait to see John. After his T2D scare I've heard he's lost a good deal of weight! Wish I could say the same. Scale, after bouncing around for the past 8 weeks, surprised me with a one pound gain today. Not thrilled with that!

Ok, I'm rambling...time to hit the shower and have at some housework to stay busy.

Next email should come from Hilton Head Island.

PS...wishing Ted was coming, but also it will be nice for both of us to have a break, its been almost 6 months since he move home. And it will be nice to know that the house will not be sitting empty for a week!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    wb71k74srn2u.png
  • parityanimal
    Well, we managed to stay home all day. I could have done laundry, but Eduardo got creative in the kitchen and instead of making barbecue from the pork I had thawed out, as I had kind of originally planned, supper (for me) was slow cooked chili colorado, made with pork, and with the addition of beans, which don't really belong in that but actually worked well as far as I was concerned. I allowed myself a small handful of corn chips with it, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese on top of the serving of chili.

In a separate slow cooker I made vegetarian "melt your face" spicy chili for J who is back on solid food again, though carefully as healing is not complete. All the same a small handful of corn chips went with that chili too, and a larger, very generous sprinkle of shredded cheese.

Last night we had pizza, though not the thin and crispy that J generally prefers. We will get back to that, maybe the next time we have pizza.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It looks like we are in for another few warm, rainy days. I might need to get out and buy some ant poison, if I determine that what I have set out isn't working.

Breakfast was steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, and a small bowl of my chili colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnTZijQp57E

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! A little cooler today with a small chance of rain. I do need to get out for cat food. While I am there I may go around to the other ell of the parking lot and see how crazy it is in Publix, and how hard the hordes of hoarders have hit. And if they happen to have anything I need or want, I can pick that up too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PFOpljhWu4

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    got my reading caught up, (just now)..Curious about the Chili Colorado? That's a new one to me.

It has been really nice here, warm but not hot. Sunny mostly, with a few clouds that were flying up the coast. :)

We knew from emails, etc that the St. P's Parade was cancelled in Savannah, but didn't know until parade time that Sunday's St. P's parade was cancelled until nearly parade time. Never one to miss an opportunity, I indulged in a lovely nap!!! LOL! right???

Our rainy day seems to be coming tomorrow. But that's ok too. We all have books, and there are 2 puzzles that John and Rose brought, TV if we get desperate. And then there are lots of 'family type' words all day and evening...stories of "I remember, or Do You remember....) from our past. John is 14 years younger, so some of his memories are quite different than mine. And we can all participate in political discussions, as we all agree about 98% of the time. Our Republican brother is the one who died 4 years ago...so there really isn't much debate happening.

John and Rose, as it turns out are Aldi's shoppers too! John brought a small container of their Salted Chocolate Caramels...bad boy!!! They are a delicious as I remember.

Glad to hear that J's poor mouth is healing nicely. Nothing worse than a painful mouth. You can't really 'hold it' as you would a painful foot, or elbow, etc.

I am having a breakfast like the one you had the other day...Steel cut oats with blueberries, and of course my 'staple' banana. I think its a matter of when, and not if, the banana trees are all attacked and die...I am going to suffer! A lot!!

Ok, heading for the kitchen to make my breakfast.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    u1rp04j098fn.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I have given Lilo her Tuesday shot, and REQUIRED subsequent treats.

I have a doctor's appointment myself this morning. At least I think I do...I checked the website for that office and they haven't posted anything saying not to come in. But then, they do infusions and such there, as well as other medical things, and infusions can't exactly be done online. I'm just going in to discuss some bloodwork and be looked at. I guess it COULD be done online but he may want to look at places I am wouldn't be exactly comfortable with showing online...there's usually some pressing and poking here and there, and the old "does this hurt" sort of thing. I am sure I could to my own pressing and poking but he might have to trust me without actually witnessing that part. LOL. After this I shouldn't neet to see this one for at least 6 months or so.

My endocrinologist, on the other hand, has closed the door to patients, at least through the end of the month, saying they will have virtual office visits instead, to discuss what would have been normally done in the office, and asking patients to self check vitals (temp, pulse, BP, glucose) and upload their readings from their device. I suspect some patients will have a learning curve on some of that, being used to just handing their device to the staff for transferral of the glucose history. I have been emailing mine for years. And, fortunately, don't have another appointment with the endocrinologist for several months, having seen him fairly recently.

It should be another warm day with some chance of precipitation.

I will start my corned beef when I get home from the doctor, so it can cook for several hours. This year my cabbage will be in the form of sauerkraut. I have some marble rye in the freezer, and if I remember, I can stop on the way home and try to get some Swiss cheese so I can make a Reuben sandwich or two from some of the corned beef. I can let Eduardo make the dressing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EvW5QmXcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99esADFwKOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RhY5HDypB4
  • parityanimal
    Traffic was light on the way to (and from) the doctor's office. All my bloodwork looked fine. He said it was time to refresh my Pneumovax, so we took care of that while I was there. My left arm will, no doubt, be sore later, though it's not bad now. I'll get the other Pneumonia vaccine next time, in 6 months or so.

I was able to stop at Publix where everyone seemed to be eyeing one another warily as they perused the slim pickings. The fresh meat, eggs, milk, toilet paper, beans, and rice were all pretty much wiped out. I didn't need any of those things, but thought it interesting how the hoarded items are going. I mean, not everyone has a whole lot of room in their freezers for a whole lot of meat, so I suspect there will be a LOT of meat being cooked up in the next few days.

My supply is good on that, and we could probably get by without venturing out now for a couple of weeks. I DID manage to score a few cans of small red beans, and pink beans, in the latino food section. Goya brand, and not particularly cheap, but I got half a dozen cans, four red and two pink, which, with the rest below, brings my canned bean stock back up to where I normally have it. I also managed to get one can of black beans, two cans of hot chili beans, and a can of Mexican style beans, corn, and bell peppers. J may get that Mexican style can as most of a vegetarian supper tonight, with maybe some kind of potato.

I did find some Swiss cheese, though not the store brand, so again paid name brand price. Tillamook is a good brand though so I don't really mind.

My corned beef is going in a slow cooker, with a few carrots and a potato. I will heat some sauerkraut later and dinner will be served, for me anyway.

• parityanimal
    Chili colorado is basically chunks of meat in a bright red chili sauce. Eduardo didn't follow anyone's recipe. They usually use beef anyway. LOL.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful weird Wednesday! It's supposed to be warm and possibly rainy today. There is a fog advisory right now, but who is going anywhere anyway? I guess the garbage trucks need to be careful not to run into each other.

It was very foggy yesterday too, even in the late morning when I was driving to and from my doctor's appointment.

Dinner last night was corned beef brisket, potato, carrots, and sauerkraut. Breakfast was some steel cut oatmeal with blueberries, a small cup of diced peaches, sausage links, and scrambled eggs. For lunch I am planning a Reuben sandwich. I have the dishwasher running, and plan to do some house cleaning today, and take a nap if possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLWp5vMXJSY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH8634G1HmM
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Hey, here are 10 museums you can tour online, to help ease the stir craziness! The page may be slow to load. I am having some trouble with it today but it was fine yesterday.

https://artsandculture.google.com/story/igKSKBBnEBSGKg?hl=en
  • parityanimal
    I had really promised myself that I would have at least one nice Reuben out of this year's St. Patrick's day corned beef. I may manage another, but here is the bulk of today's lunch, pre-assembly, and post-assembly (pre-Om-Nom-Nom). I did have a nice salad with it but there wasn't anything special about that.

For J I prepared a huge salad with two boiled eggs and some cheese as the protein.

8fbryorcb8wf.png

3x34frnasgkx.png
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday. Foggy now but we have an ekpected high of 81! No chance of precipitation. It is expected to cool down a bit going into the weekend.

As far as I know, I don't have to go anywhere.

I had some corned beef scrambled with eggs as part of my nutritious breakfast. I have one plate of corned beef hash left from last night's dinner, and it will be eaten today. And there is enough corned beef left to make one more nice Reuben, which will also be eaten today. One of them will be lunch and one will be dinner.

After that, the left over sauerkraut will be eaten for a meal or three with a smoked sausage that is waiting in the meat&cheese drawer of the refrigerator. I knew there was some reason I bought a two pound bag of sauerkraut for St. Patrick's day. J doesn't care much for sauerkraut so I knew going in that I would be eating the whole bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZrI79oupw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBpw4nk9-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwpSfQ-L5s
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Ed
    Boy, these Good Mornings have been spotty from me this week!!
    Going home a day early, so leaving Friday instead of Saturday. Not a problem much on the island is closed, and restaurant food is take out only everywhere. Of course this is the first year that I didn't bring 'my' kitchen with me, right down to the wooden cutting board! No nice sharp knives, etc. Well...
    I think John and Rose are anxious to be on the road home to MO. Not knowing what they will find along the way that is open, etc. I can't say I blame them. We'd floated the idea that we leave today, but John nixed that. And today poor Rose has developed a migraine. I've never had one that I know of, and I'm good with that!

Vegan food is getting easier and easier down here. And that's a good thing. Although I never really minded eating from the 'sides' portion of the menu's!

Your corned beef sandwich looked really Good!! I know, not my food, but ...

Will probably be absent tomorrow, but maybe tomorrow night...or for sure on Saturday.

Later...