Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Its Good Friday, and just like I predicted yesterday...Ed, you posted!!
    I understand your concerns Ed. Opening the state parks and beaches appears to me to be a step backwards in preventing the CoVid 19. And that coupled with the very late call for Shelter i Place...really makes me wonder.

I also guess, (after yesterday's post) that I will not be 'free to roam' to the Pet place. Ted just took my list and left me at home!

I'm pondering and trying to visualize what sweet biscuits (for strawberries) would taste like without shortening. I know I can try with applesauce, a common fat sub. or prunes. (Prunes work wonderfully to sub in brownies...) You just have to remember to limit how many of these brownies you eat in a day....or pay the consequences! LOL!!

OOPS...Maya just came looking for Ted....who isn't here.. Its a few minutes after 10a. her morning 'long walk' time, followed immediately by morning kibble. Like most animals, Maya can 'tell time'. LOL!

And you're right...cannot compare CoVid to normal 'flu'. (for which many of us get flu shots BTW)... :)

Later
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    I got a good walk in today in the cool of the morning, then came home and scrubbed the shower in the master bath. Lunch was a grilled egg and cheese sandwich on whole grain high fiber low carb bread, with a handful of regular potato chips for a treat.

For supper Eduardo tossed together a Frittata Florentine, with a small amount of jalapeño, and a good handful of chopped mushrooms. Of course the eggs, cheese, spinach, and potatoes were the stars of the dish. I think Eduardo did well. J ate it, and avowed that it was all right. But J doesn't really care much for cooked spinach. I occasionally serve a spinach soufflé, and it is accepted, albeit not with great joy. LOL. I figured if I put it in with eggs, cheese, potatoes, and mushrooms, that J would find it at least acceptable. I thought it was delicious. And I guess I will be having it for breakfast and lunch tomorrow to finish it off, and that is just fine with me.

6c1x2qw2l86k.png
  • parityanimal
    s5rmcfk6t8a4.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! Another cool one here, and I may have to wear more clothes than I have been wearing if I walk! OK. That sounded a little weird...but yesterday I was a bit chilly in shorts and tee, but just enough to encourage me to keep up some speed.

Today I may want to at least wear sweat pants, and maybe a jacket. I'll decide if/when I get ready to walk. I definitely should walk, as it's a nice day and the walks seem to be doing me good, physically. They might be doing me good in other respects, as at least they get me out of the house and I see a few other humans, besides J, if only to wave at them.

Tomorrow's prediction calls for rain, so I shouldn't waste today's opportunity. Breakfast was a nice wedge of my Frittata Florentine. Delicious, if I do say so myself. I may clean some counters today and do a bit of vacuuming.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBV1oDoSQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0V0iDfcmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-heI0TqcxFo

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    I hope you have a nice walk today...I opted out of the Maya walks, and did the bike thing instead. I dunno why!....

Your Spinach Frittata looked amazing! Hope you enjoy every bite of it!!! I'm thinking a nice tofu scramble today for lunch with no doubt a side of spinach and some steamed carrots from yesterday. Sunday, I'm giving a 'nod' to deviled eggs by making a super good eggless Egg Salad. the black salt really makes that dish taste like egg! Its tasty and I have no idea what else I will put together for my lunch/dinner. But I have lots of fresh, a ton of frozen, and even a box or two of conveniece foods, so I know I will not go hungry!

I suspect I have pissed off Mike T. this morning. He was bellyaching about not being able to fish, being required to wear masks, etc. So, I explained how we've been under 'Shelter in Place', for weeks, etc. I'd read just enough of his pity party posts. If he drops me from the daily post I will not be upset. I'm so sorry he's 'inconvenienced'...better that than being on a ventilator or worse., at least in my opinion. (I was not as blunt as the above statement. )

Ok, enough of that...

This is going to be a strange Easter socially, and my birthday (77th) will be on Tuesday, it too will be 'strange'...but I tend to look at it as an opportunity to be creative, and adventurous. I need to install ZOOM on my computer so I can spend some time singing my fav. Easter Bunny song to the kids. You know, Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail. TRIP!!!
    LOL! Can't you just see a Buggs Bunny-ish rabbit flat on his face with eggs, jelly beans, and chocolate rabbits flying everywhere!!! (my Peeps are safely getting 'stale', not taking any chances with them)..:)

Enjoy your day...I think Ted is mowing the lawn??? I know I can hear a lawn mower...and I know he went out thru the garage .... Kid is nuts!! He's already mopped the floors so all I have left to dois empty the dishwasher, clean my bathroom, and run the sweeper in the dining room! And, I guess now is a good time to 'get at it'...

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Well I got my walk in, came home and finished off the frittata for lunch and then made J eat spinach for lunch anyway! In the form of a frozen Indian meal with the main dish of Mattar Paneer. LOL. If j is going to eat cooked spinach, that is the preferred form.

Then, for today's project, I tackled the longest kitchen counter, eliminating a lot of the clutter, deep cleaning, and re-organizing what I decided needed to stay on that counter. J was surprised, but when I had mentioned cleaning up a counter the other day, as a possible project for me today, J thought I meant the kitchen counter but I said that I had meant the master bathroom counter, which also needs it. J seemed disappointed that it wasn't the kitchen counter I planned to do.

So cleaning the kitchen counter was my surprise today for J and it was a very well received surprise when J walked into the kitchen to get a drink, just as I was finishing up. The bathroom counter can wait until after Easter.

I don't plan a walk tomorrow. It's supposed to rain anyway, but I will be preparing Easter dinner. And the only cleaning project planned for tomorrow is to clean as I go with the dinner prep, and then after dinner.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! Happy Easter to thos who celebrate it! May the Easter Beagle be kinder to you than he was to Charlie Brown!

What he brought for each of us here was

myp9kxtu8gvu.png

Poor Chuck, though

8dsfkfr6eiob.gif

The plan for Easter dinner, unless Eduardo suddenly goes berserk in the kitchen...

Let's start with dessert. All the best people do, right? OK, I am really starting with dessert because it's the only thing that's already completely ready to serve, waiting in the fridge.

Dark chocolate pudding pie, with pecan crust, topped with milk chocolate curls. Optionally I could add some whipped cream as an additional topping.

Deviled eggs (one of my Easter traditions)

Egg potato salad (because I always make J's grandmother's potato salad if J is home for a holiday - I will eat a bit)

Scalloped potatoes (a small casserole because that is the potato I want with my ham - J will eat some too)

speaking of ham

Hormel sliced Cure 81 classic dinner ham, warmed in the oven. (bought and frozen when on half price)

Broccoli gratin

Canned corn

The weather forecast hasn't changed, so no walk today. My right hip is definitely feeling the weather too!

My deceased ex's brother, D, and D's wife, who live near Boston, in Massachusetts, are both sick now with the virus. He thought he had been careful, but apparently not careful enough and he feels some guilt for bringing it home to her. Both are breathing OK, but she is sicker than he is, with higher fever and feeling worse. They are both at home, but have been told to not even step outside their apartment into the hall. I hope they both recover fully.

I was reading on FaceBook yesterday, someone who was about to run to the store to get some last minute items for Easter dinner and was thinking how normal that would have sounded last year, and how crazy it sounds to me right now.

I believe they could make do with what they have on hand, unless there are essential items also needed. I don't currently "run out to the store" at all, but plan my trips with great care. And I bought everything for Easter dinner over a month ago. I wouldn't mind some green beans, but J doesn't eat them, so I will just have something else for a green vegetable, or eat some of the broccoli gratin that I am cooking mostly for J anyway.

I was lucky enough to find four N95 masks in the garage, left over from an old painting project, and J found 19 plain, simpler masks left over from visiting a cancer patient while ill. So when I do go out, I have some protection. And we already had plenty of gloves, as much as I hate to wear them.

I honestly may order my next groceries to be delivered, though I hate having to trust someone else to pick my items

Breakfast was the last of yesterday's supper, some baked red lentil penne all'arrabbiata with lots of added cheese.

I will get started on Easter dinner later this morning. Nothing else really on the agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y7d6gqxKSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzhQO46suYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYZnPk_Lwg
  • GardenKatGardens
    Happy Easter Ed...and Jason too!
    Your 'bunny' was much nicer than mine. Mine only brought one container of pink Peeps chicks. (they'd sold out of the yellows which I would have preferred. Blindfolded taste test wasn't done, but I'm pretty sure there is no taste difference!!!
    So I shared my Peeps with Ted..not even sure anymore if he eats them or not! :)

I just made a fav. comfort dish of mine...rice and green peas. I quickly fried some sliced onion in a small skillet while the peas and rice heated thru, added the onion, and about half a cup of the vegan gravy that I love so much....that was my delicious lunch! :) Straight from the refrigerator to the microwave, except for those onions!!

Woke up not really depressed, or exactly in a funk, but after my shower, I had to decide what I was going to wear for the day. Tomorrow this will strike me as funny, you can laugh now however if you need to......I put on a Planet Fitness t-shirt and my track pants and sneaks. I miss wearing those clothes, I miss my gym buddies, I miss my GYM!!! :) Feel much better!

I think that's about all I know..Cat and Dog are fine, Ted's working on our current puzzle, and I'm about to take a nap! Its about nap time, and I believe its slightly trying to rain. Perfect nap parameters!

Later...
    (keep and eye on Eduardo, he'll make enough food for a banquet!) LOL!!

• parityanimal
    The Easter feast. Deviled eggs. Egg potato salad. Scalloped potatoes. Broccoli gratin. Sweet corn. Hormel Cure 81 ham. Dark chocolate pudding pie with milk chocolate curls in a pecan crust. Florent Descombe Pinot Noir for the wine selection.

n5jfmktdded9.png

gc06aj66h791.png

toezygcx69l5.png

d2kxd4ivijv0.png

g0r7d490t3la.png

And I managed to get all the leftovers into my fridge, proving that it's bigger on the inside than on the outside.

okjvqt2bpyz0.png
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It's expected to be cool today, with no chance of precipitation. My breakfast was what I almost always have for Easter Monday. Fried ham and eggs (cheese omelet) with whole grain, high fiber, low carb toast. There is still plenty of ham left. Lunch will include ham in some way...maybe a ham and cheese sandwich. I do want to save a couple of slices to cube up into a can of split pea soup that I have been saving for when I would have some ham to put in it. It's a large can, and vegetarian for now. I would share it wit J for a lunch but J doesn't care for split pea soup. Pickiest vegetarian I ever married. Oh, wait, the only vegetarian I ever married. But there are a lot of vegetables J doesn't care for.

I will admit I didn't think I liked split pea soup either until NutriSystem sent me some in my first delivery from them, the one where I didn't get to pick my items. I dreaded that lunch, but was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked it a lot! After liking their "add boiling water and wait" version, it was a no brainer to liking canned, or even freshly made split pea soup.

I think I will walk today, and, after resting, maybe do some vacuuming and consider tackling that bathroom counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QqnhDI7VFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14QfWY_Q-SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIO6P90Bk-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egTQ5hZjDvI
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey! I almost didn't get here before tomorrow!
    Ted went to TJ's and Whole Foods this morning. Invited me to go along. Nope, I opted to stay home. :(
    He brought home some goodies. Like a single serve of fudge brownie, (V), and a single serve of Carrot Cake from WF. (gluten free, but a long way from Vegan!) That's my bd cake for tomorrow. :).

Had a nice nap this afternoon, and walk with Maya and Ted...saw my neighbor and her son in their yard...we collected their blooming dandelions and I'm going to try my hand at frying them. I've heard they are good. That can be tomorrow's news!

A bit windy, but pleasant in the back yard today. The Sea Scape jigsaw puzzle is finished, and there is one more puzzle in the storage shelves. Will get into that another day!

I don't know much else. I did set up Zoom on my laptop so I can see and hear the grands wishing me HB. Jack and I tried it out, and it works well. Also my check from the CoVid 19 is at my bank...in banking limbo known as 'Pending"...That will go towards my house painting this year. :)

Later...
  • parityanimal
    edited April 2020
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Another cool one, with no chance of precipitation.

I ended up doing laundry after my walk yesterday. I will probably take another walk today, as it's supposed to be nice.

And maybe do some housework...and hopefully a nap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3sF7U2-vY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qoe4vqtmNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eO_t1Y-ofg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14MBAYqvee8
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! We are supposed to have abundant sunshine today and cool temperatures, so it looks like I get another walk!

I hope your virtual birthday party was great!

I finished off the Easter ham for breakfast, except for a couple of slices that I diced up and put in the freezer, to go into that can of pea soup.

Maybe today I will get to some housework...maybe. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFiKFwUTvX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVXszaDPMiU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIpj3lIj2pk

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi Ed!
    My birthday 'party' was great fun...2 hour chat with Marietta, Zoom time with Jack, DIL, and the 2 teenagers! They were wild. Need to find some kind of attraction to lure them outside and run around for a bit!
    Ted picked up dinner for us at VeGreen's, learned how to ad confetti, or balloons, etc to text messages, 2 walks with the dog...I stayed busy..AND I got in a bit of a nap!!!

Today looks pretty..sunshine and all, but I haven't gone outside yet. Well those were no quicker typed, than I heard this really weird and loud noise..woke Tom E. and made him jump. Was only Ted. He decided the screen door opened from the wrong side, and was moving the hinges from the left side to the right side!

I can't wait to see what the heck Emmy is eating.......looks like some iteration of Spam...Oh, I hope not!!!

I'm out for the count. Its Nap Time!!

Later...
    (I if we EVER get out of Sheltering in Place, I think I'd like us to have coffee...you agree?)

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's another cool one with no chance of precipitation. I will be, no doubt, taking a walk this morning. Nothing else concrete on the agenda. Here's some more bloomers in our yard.

sth29n7lrv91.png

prfpetar0vaz.png

jsfmnhsfge0c.png

f7ip76jqldo6.png

3yl4h11hc4i2.png

OK. That last is not a bloomer and is not in our yard. It's Orion and he's blissfully sleeping in my lap. LOL!

So many things I want to do when we get out of this craziness. Coffee with you is definitely included. Hopefully we won't have to sit at different tables and holler to one another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmoZI0lO18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBEGwWv3qtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRW2hM3jH84
  • parityanimal
    And, for throwback Thursday, I am on the right, playing Professor Kokintz in "The Mouse That Roared" in my Junior year of high school.

gk943xdr1dgv.png
  • parityanimal
    cyskonf30h1r.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed,
    I'm sure it wasn't your intent, but the part of your post agreeing to coffee, and hopefully not sitting at different tables any yelling at each other struck my funny bone, and has me chuckling for the past 15 or so minutes!! Can you just see that in your minds eye!!! LOL!!

All well here. I'm not feeling especially 'caged in' yet. My bank account hasn't looked this 'rosy' in awhile. Can't get out to shop, don't spend money! Simple equation that I should remember more often...I think Mike called our sheltering in place rubbish this morning. Grumpy

I too will be out walking today. I didn't go on any Maya walks yesterday, so I MUST do that today. And bike of course. I swear had I ever imagined that the gym would be shut down this long, I really would have 'bargained' with Buzz, (gym owner) and 'rented' that machine I use there every day. Buzz sent me a text with birthday wishes...his wife, Margaret's bd is same as mine. So I got wishes from Margaret, Mary Margaret (their daughter who I've loved since she was maybe 3?)... Mary Margaret is in college now. Feel badly for her and all school aged kids everywhere...MM's first year in college. Such a shame. Ratty ole virus!

Ok, my coffee is cold, again, and I'm hungry...time to get the oatmeal started. :).

Have a good day, enjoy your walk, oh, and the last 'flower' photo...I don't think that is a flower, more like an invasive weed if its what I had that looked like that. Wild carrot I believe is what it was called...it is a.) poisonous b.) grows from a single stemmed, innocent looking plant to an ever increasing pest!! :) and it was hard to kill.

Later...
  • parityanimal

Have a good day, enjoy your walk, oh, and the last 'flower' photo...I don't think that is a flower, more like an invasive weed if its what I had that looked like that. Wild carrot I believe is what it was called...it is a.) poisonous b.) grows from a single stemmed, innocent looking plant to an ever increasing pest!! :) and it was hard to kill.

You are mistaken on that flower. It is not somewhat toxic Daucus carota, Queen Anne's Lace, which some people do deliberately plant, and is also not the bigger,taller, (but not better) much more toxic weed that is often mistaken for Queen Anne's Lace. I have never cared much for even the garden variety and would not have it in my yard.

My plant, planted deliberately by Eddie, the gardener (remember him?), is Amsonia hubrichtii, var. Arkansas Blue Star. You can see the beginnings of the blue, star shaped blossoms at the tops of the stalks. This will coninue to grow and bloom for a bit and will be about as tall as me, the plant losing its Spring bluish color to be green through the Summer and, usually, turning a glorious golden yellow color for a short time in the Fall, after which it dies and can be cut almost to the ground, only to pop back up the next year.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It should be warm today, partly cloudy, with no chance of precipitation. Sounds like another great day far a walk! And an afternoon nap would be nice too. I am trying to wait on grocery shopping until next week, when I have to go to Publix to pick up a prescription. Since I will have to go in anyway, might as well grab what is necessary, if they have it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLHWoXitQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2cGr2kWy-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYsPlDgWfd0