Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Ed.
    Still improving over here. Walking much steadier, although carrying my cane..insurance ya know!
    I diced up the few veggies that were in the refrigerator, and tossed them with some Ramen Noodles...made for a quick and easy lunch. Topping it off with some cubes of watermelon, and about a dozen leftover grapes. All meals should be so easy to prepare!! (truth is many of mine are that easy) Just gotta love leftovers!
    I need to clean out the refrigerator. It has been 8 days and a lot of the produce went south while I was still to dizzy to walk. Hate the waste...hated the Vertigo even more!

Today will be another nap day!! YAY!!!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Tonite I had a bagged salad, and the other half of Amy's Vegan Supreme Pizza. Not a bad pizza. I really rather have the one I was getting from Whole Foods...and they don't seem to be carrying it anymore :( .

Ted made chocolate peanut clusters...I have one for dessert tonite! I cleaned out the refrigerator this afternoon. One shelf, rest..next shelf, rest, etc. Looks like 7 days mostly in bed has really impacted my fitness level. I'll get it back. Already have a chair or seated Yoga session lined up for tomorrow. (I do a really good job of sitting...but nobody comes along and gives me a treat! ;)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,212 Member
    Power is out until they get a tree off the lines across the street. Thanks, Zeta.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Well, at least Ed, the tree didn't fall on your new sidewalks!!! :)
    Oh, what a day. Enough already with the hurricanes! I hope Zeta is the end of the line. I think everybody has had 'enough'!
    My dinner tonite, baked potato with mix of veggies, lots of cheesy yeast, and some mushroom soup (vegan) to take the place of the gravy I didn't make! Filling, but I sure am sorry that I ate the chocolate peanut cluster that Ted left for me. I'll be even sorrier at bed time tonite!

I've signed up for a yoga class for tomorrow. Its a beginner class and almost all of it can be done seated..and i think seated sounds like a really good idea just now.

Hope your day included a nap. :) You know we've earned these naps through the years. So enjoy!
    Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Hoping for power today.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Goodness Ed. I hope you all have a working fireplace or it was quite chilly at your house this morning! I was ever so happy that I had a gas range and could bake some potatoes or other 'oven things'. Ted heated water in a pot, etc.
    If your range is electric I'm guessing you'll get another night off (well Eduardo will have the day off)...
    I'd cook for you, how does "dizzy soup, Swirling Stir Fry, and haphazard jelly roll sound???? Funny enough?

I should be going to the grocery, but hopefully can put that off until at least Sunday...maybe even Monday. Then I can restock the shelves and freezer and pick up all the other little things that come from the grocery stores.

I really hope that today brings you Electricity!!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    We got our power back, after 38 1/2 hours. Fortunately it was quite cool so we had no major problems. It even get cold at night, but we actually like that. Lilo is not so fond of the cold, though, and the sugar gliders don't care too much for it either.

We celebrated with Chinese delivery for supper.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's rather chilly out there at 46 degrees, and we expect a high of only 63 or so today. It should be a sunny, beautiful day.

Right now I am enjoying my hot tea that I have missed dreadfully the last couple of mornings. To be fair, I COULD have dragged out the camp stove and used it to make hot water for tea, but we were really hoping that they would get the power back on sooner. At any rate, we're BACK ON! I ran the dishwasher last night, as I had planned to do Thursday morning, and put all the clean dishes away this morning.

I think I will make a pot crock pot of chili today. That sounds yummy.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed!
    I know you were happy to wake this morning, all toasty and warm. I know I was. I'm in the same 'camp' as the Sugar Gliders and Lilo...warm and toasty! :)

We have a sickly puppy today. Started yesterday evening. She's feeling some better this morning. Sick animals are as frustrating as sick babies...they can't TALK. You have to watch for clues and do a lot of guessing!

I got tickled at Mike's video of the squirrels and the pumpkin. ALMOST, (but not quite) worth getting a small pumpkin to set on the table in the back yard just to watch the squirrel show! (not that I'd expect to end up with a jack-o-lantern of course!

Chili sounds awfully good. I'll have to poke around and see if I can cobble together a vegan chili...then all I'd need is cornbread,...and ....and ...and. You see how I can make simple very difficult? Still may look for chili fixing! Back in the day, I was known to actually drive about ¾ mile to the Wendy's and get a big cup of chili. It was always good and always worth the little drive.

Enjoy your furnace, and your day!

Later...

• parityanimal
    edited October 2020
    Chili is cooking in TWO crock pots. My beefy chili (with just a little bit of wine - Eduardo insisted) in the green one and I made some vegan chili to cook in the smaller, off-white one, for J. It won't be vegan when eaten, as it will have cheese added at that point.

I think we will be using chili as spaghetti gravy tonight, with cheddar, or Mexican blend cheese for topping.

pq7l53cr3mwb.png

5v4v4lhnxyft.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    LOL! Ed. Glad I ate my Veg. Barley soup before I read TWO crockpots of chili!!! I migh have had to 'drop by' with an empty bowl and a spoon! :)
    Ok, nap time now. ZZZZZzzzzzz :)
  • parityanimal
    Chili spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread sticks.

vlbl4fafr76e.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! It's a bit warmer today and we are expecting a glorious, beautiful fall day.

Breakfast was a grilled cheese sandwich made with savory French toast.

Not a lot on the agenda today, but do kind of need to sweep some floors and may do that.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbCjBnNK0fU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv-Oy4uBNlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UYOqzuHfmA

• GardenKatGardens
    Saying hello before I watch Emmy's video...she's got a look on her face...bound to be something behind that look!!

Home from Kroger! Shopping with Ted is like what I would imagine shopping would have been with Roger! Never more, said the brain..smile said my better manners, LOL!!
    Dropped off two scripts...before I was off the Kroger parking lot, Kroger called..couldn't fill one of them, rep'd script too late...now they did n't open until 11, and I was there at 11:05! Give me a break. So, then I got a second call from Kroger...my script was ready...oh Please!!
    So TOMORROW I will be making a return trip to Kroger. And I'll pick up the couple items we didn't get there this morning, expecting to make a return trip in the afternoon...Frozen stuff, and I knew we were making a Publix run. (Ted' choice of places to shop for food)...
    Bottom line..frz items, scripts, tomorrow at Kroger, and I finally drove my car after 2 weeks or more of it sitting in the garage.

I do believe that even though its beautiful outside, I may not hang out and nap instead?? We'll see!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It is a balmy 37 degrees out there now, with an expected sunny high of 55.

We have already moved most of the plants that need it into the garage for the winter, but do still have a few, that can take cold (but not frozen) weather still out there. I need to rearrange a few things to get ready for them, so guess what today's task is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlz4jqdb-Q4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fopg9Zeon8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKeXNgg9lmM

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Ed..
    'Balmy' ??? 37 degrees...I know you jest! LOL!
    I watched Emmy and the pink pineapple cuz I just couldn't wait to see it! That woman is a hoot. But, at $50 a pineapple...um, probably not! (but I'll buy a lottery ticket just in case!)

Back to Kroger today. I hope to get my scripts. Or, I hope to get my drugs. I'm actually good until Thursday morning, but....
    And then there are the frozen blueberries, and a half dozen other items that are 'Kroger' items, ie. not available at Publix...Drives me nuts! :) Ok, so maybe I was already a bit nutty??

This week I am going to make up my mind about Thanksgiving. Or, more accurately I'm going to tell my son on Thursday chat that Ted and I will not be at the family Turkey dinner.
    I'm sure we will be talked about...and not in a good way...but I hope to see another couple birthdays. And I hate being a statistic. (now there's a little known gem, but its true)

I want tomorrow to be over, and an overwhelming win, and no more damn fooling around with fences around the White House, or Trump firing Fauci, etc. I'm truly over it! I know my ballot arrived, was accepted locally. So tomorrow's task is already done!

Hope you are warm and content to stay home and just go bake or cook up a storm! or do laundry or whichever 'hat' falls on your head today! Enjoy!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    To keep busy, I broke down some excess carboard boxes in the garage. There are more, but the recycle bin has enough for this week. I can break down some more and stack them, though, to be ready for the recycle bin. This is all part of getting the garage ready for the bigger plants.

And I went virtual shopping and am awaiting grocery delivery from Kroger.
  • parityanimal
    edited November 2020
    oyhp7rheynh4.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I early voted, so won't need to stand in line today. I may take a peek up the street though, just to see how bad it looks. And I need to get to PetSmart anyway, to get cat food and my usual route goes right past the school where we vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSkXdDhOn9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTOhILWLmws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21a6_rJaJO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI_3CzvCekA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpWdzXJObZ0
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Day Ed!

Late posting...it was our time to be in the dark. Only about maybe an hour...but still.. Have no idea why, and does it really matter?

I watched the Soul Cake video. Neat little idea. I began watching the other video, and prompt quit at 4 eggs! LOL!! I don't think egg replacers would do it justice. LOL. If you make it, let me know what I'm missing.

What I'm missing???? Reminded me it was past lunch time. So, taking my little hungry self to the kitchen for a can of Amy's Organic and low fat, vegan Vegetable Barley soup. I really like this soup, and I bought the last 2 cans at Publix week or so ago...they've not been replaced. Didn't see them at all at my Kroger...so it Buy It At Amazon! Case for $40. no extra shipping...works out to $3.33 a can. No complaints there!!
    Right now I wish I had a biscuit...but I don't have one. Pity!! Will plan better next time.

I do need to reheat my coffee...did a reheat earlier on the gas stove...whatever it takes, right?

Have a good day. Nice and sunny here, and I think probably drier air than lately. Felt good on the screened porch!

Later...