Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I’ve been working 12-hour days. Exhausted. Roger-i Love the joke where the software engineer wants to push the car up the hill to see if it happens again! San Antonio floods with 1/2 inch...but even with rain in the teens across one week, I’m safely on very high ground. I’m eating all unhealthy foods trying to comfort myself from my hell of a work situation.
    Hi Val
    Thank You for the joke feedback, I thought it was funny or I would not have used it :wink:

Teens for rain sounds like a big problem getting around ?
    Bad news on the job front. My old boss that wants me to work for her can’t hire me right now because her company is being acquired by another, so they’ll probably combine groups and then have layoffs. Argh. I’m eating everything in sight. Not good at all ☹️
    I'm sorry to hear that is happening :(

There is a reason certain usually fattening foods are called comfort foods.

Good Luck with finding a good job
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Glad you remembered to post about loving that joke Val. I meant to and totally forgot! <3
    You done good Roger!! :D And it's oh so true!!

Poor kitty on the lights knocked out story...it was a nice way to put it as I knew he had been fried...

Sorry again about your dryer. I will be interested what you replace it with. The new brands just are not as well made as the old. My whirlpool is not one I would probably buy again. And most definitely I would NEVER buy the whirlpool washer again I have now. My washer of thirty years was doing better just before I did have to replace it. The thirty year one was a Sears brand, though Sears down here no longer exists...
    Hi Jan
    I try and find things that are interesting and not depressing, I may not always succeed of course.

Even the guy at the local appliance store we have been dealing with for many years confirmed that appliance are not as durable as before :(
    Since my brother prefers dealing with people we know at a local store and have dealt with for years. It turns out the the dead dryer was bought in 2005, I had thought it was newer, Oh well. The previous Washer and Dryer were from Sears and lasted what seemed like forever.

I think Sears will not make it, The Pension obligations are killing them.
    Just seeing the kids and grand-kids was nice! I have never seen my son look so tired though. He really looked like hell.. :/ Life today is really a lot harder than it was for us I think: Sad to say. I know my parents struggled at times,financially, but life today seems really kind of soul killing. Maybe I just did not notice. We are the only "civilized" country that works as we do for such little happiness and restful payback.

Val, I remembered that you were on higher ground!! Good location and thinking! :)

My abd ultrasound went well. Interested to see the results..I was surprised they ordered one as my liver enzymes have been elevated for a while.. No drinking..probably too much good food and not in moderation!! :*

I was starved when I got out as my appt. was at 2 pm, and was seen more like 3 pm. I had not eaten since about 7 pm the nite before as I was not up by 8 am to get in the 6 hour fast.
    I did stop for a green salad at Wendy's that hit the spot, and made 2 cups of decaf coffee at 5 pm when I got home...best 2 cups of coffee in my life, lol...

Hang in there all! Val, hope work eases some!! ...Jan
    I'm sorry to hear that Your son is looking so tired, I also do not remember my parents looking tired, I know they struggled for money too. Much of Europe considers us Workaholics.

I hope the results are good, I wonder why the test, OTOH I sometimes think they do tests just to cover themselves from a remote possibility could happen.

Wow, You dodged a bullet after fasting that long and only buying a Salad. I like the Salads as Wendy's and if they are the ones with meat and fruit too so much the better.

I would have a splitting headache if I stopped drinking coffee with some caffeine, I have switched to 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf to cut back. Duncan Donuts even has a selection for 1/2 decaf available so I must not be the only one.
    Bad news on the job front. My old boss that wants me to work for her can’t hire me right now because her company is being acquired by another, so they’ll probably combine groups and then have layoffs. Argh. I’m eating everything in sight. Not good at all ☹️

Sorry to hear that about the job. I feel you deserve a far better company. Eating for stress and comfort is the absolute hardest to deal with. I do that too. Try to overeat natural things in huge quantity- not processed. Maybe that will help some... <3

Remember how good it is when you can move more easily. REALLY remember! Not having your health is the pits! And getting older, I feel it so much!!! <3

Good and bad news for me this morning, Same thing for both, The Scale weighing was OK, I had just hoped for some sort of drop from the day before. Thanksgiving is coming :blush: I tend to overeat after something is bothering me in life, I suspect we all do that :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I had an interview today that was completely enjoyable. I know 4 people at that company. I told one friend the name of the interviewer (COO) in advance. He called the COO to tell him how fabulous I am. So at the start of the call, the guy said...I already know how absolutely fabulous you are! We had a great conversation for about an hour. The only problem is, they want someone onsite in Virginia (DC suburbs). I explained why i want to stay in SA for 2 1/2 years more (kid tgru hs). But, if i get laid off, then employment is the priority. I told him I think im safe until the end if year. He’s going to talk with the department manager to see if this would work. So, i doubt this will happen, but it certainly lifted my spirits to be appreciated and wanted for my work ethic, performance, and integrity.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor shall be posted shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees and semi comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside and there is rain in the forecast.
    While walking I saw one deer on the outbound leg and three on the return leg.

When my brother went out to mow he found a pile of fresh deer droppings and when I went to pick the Green Beans I could see where the Deer had eaten a fair amount of the leaves and even the tomatoes had stems missing. I did get some Green beans, Raspberries and Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes OTOH. I also got a case of itchy legs, I should have put on the long pants first :(

https://www.studyfinds.org/why-couch-kills-gym-routine-humans-hardwired-laziness/
    Why The Couch Often Kills Your Gym Routine: Humans Simply ‘Hardwired’ For Laziness

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2180158-smart-pills-can-transmit-data-to-your-doctors-but-what-about-privacy/
    Smart pills can transmit data to your doctors, but what about privacy?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2179973-the-whiff-of-sandalwood-makes-the-human-head-sprout-more-hair/
    The whiff of sandalwood makes the human head sprout more hair

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2018/09/19/cash-strapped-americans-are-leveraging-their-homes-to-pay-the-bills
    Cash-Strapped Americans Are Willing to Leverage Their Homes to Pay the Bills

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-older-americans-are-unretiring/
    More older Americans are "unretiring"

https://www.postandcourier.com/features/gluten-free-bread-during-communion-worth-the-small-effort-for/article_bfc9d33e-b4fc-11e8-9088-a3a53e41315d.html
    Hmm...Gluten-free bread during communion 'worth the small effort' for some local churches

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/sep/19/wreck-of-captain-cooks-hms-endeavour-discovered-off-coast-of-america
    Wreck of Captain Cook's HMS Endeavour 'discovered' off US coast

https://politics.myajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/redo-georgia-house-election-ordered-after-voters-cast-wrong-ballots/P3r7UmYVpsOAZMQoBin9vI/
    Redo of Georgia House election ordered after voters cast wrong ballots

No Place I would shop, No Smartphone :)
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/09/19/amazon-is-said-to-plan-up-to-3-000-cashierless-stores-by-2021
    Amazon Will Consider Opening Up to 3,000 Cashierless Stores by 2021
    The U.S. currently has 155,000 convenience stores, with 122,500 of them combined with gas stations

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/city-hall-deal-obama-center-jackson-park-99-years-10/
    Chicago :(
    City Hall deal for Obama Center in Jackson Park: 99 years for $10

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello Jan
    I had an interview today that was completely enjoyable. I know 4 people at that company. I told one friend the name of the interviewer (COO) in advance. He called the COO to tell him how fabulous I am. So at the start of the call, the guy said...I already know how absolutely fabulous you are! We had a great conversation for about an hour. The only problem is, they want someone onsite in Virginia (DC suburbs). I explained why i want to stay in SA for 2 1/2 years more (kid thru hs). But, if i get laid off, then employment is the priority. I told him I think im safe until the end if year. He’s going to talk with the department manager to see if this would work. So, i doubt this will happen, but it certainly lifted my spirits to be appreciated and wanted for my work ethic, performance, and integrity.
    Hi Val
    What a difference from Your current job. Maybe You will get lucky and they will end up with a opening where You are now.

I'm glad You had such a positive interaction at the review.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning,

I ran all over like a crazy person yesterday over such an easy matter. I was just going to deliver an anniversary card to someone that I was going to give them at church on Weds. nite..but I did not go. They have been married for 51 years. She had given me some gumbo in an over large canning jar, so I planned to fill it with cookies and take it to them. I was planning on making a small batch of strawberry thumbprint cookies. I got up late and did not get out fast as I had to pick up butter and jam. So I am thinking I will just pick up some at Panera and save baking time. Decorated the top of jar, got to Panera and they only had 3 left. I added something else, ate the extra, went to fill the jar and they did not fit, lol...Never crossed my mind as the jar opening was bigger than normal...I had thought it would be perfect. I decided to stop at Publix as their bakery is usually good. I got there and nothing looked good at all. During all this time I could have baked the home made cookies. I ended up just removing the decor, and filling it and a small bag with some nice fresh figs as a joke present because the birds ate all their's this year...

The day I went to my son's I stopped at Gigi's bakery to get the grandkids cupcakes. They are awesome and cute. ( both, but I meant the cupcakes!) ..Well, it was closed down and turned into a sushi place, lol... Notice a trend here..I am getting old and things are just gone and/ or changing. Well, gee... :D

My doctor's office called and they have scheduled me for a cat scan of the liver now. Apparently there is an unidentified shadow/ mass by the gallbladder and tucked up in by the liver. So they want a closer look. Hopefully it was just an unclear area on the U/S. I go on Tuesday. It is a 3 part test, but do not know if it is just that day or a few days.

Long week..I am ready for bed at 8 pm!!

Val, I hope something works out. It would be great to get you into a more positive work environment that is your current place. Maybe something will come along!

Take care all. Jan..
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and semi comfortable except when the breeze blew. When I left the house it was dry outside except for the occasional drizzle.
    The drizzle was not enough to pull out and wear the disposable poncho.

Yesterdays weather had seasonable temperatures with humidity in the 80+%. Later today there is supposed to be a cold front moving through with lower humidity.

I think I may take advantage of the Coupons from the Acme and pick up the 3+ pound 80% lean Hamburger at $2.88 a pound, The $2.77 pound of Butter, and maybe a Chock Full of Nuts 23 to 26 ounce coffee for $4.99. For this area these are good prices sadly. Then Monday I need to go to CostCo for some frozen vegetables as I have enough left to go into tomorrow.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/number-of-americans-with-alzheimers-dementias-expected-to-double-by-2060/
    Number of Americans with Alzheimer's expected to soar in coming decades

https://www.france24.com/en/20180920-ghost-properties-cruel-legacy-venezuelas-migration-crisis
    Ghost properties: cruel legacy of Venezuela's migration crisis

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1020282/Spider-web-greece-tetragnatha-water-walking-spiders-aitoliko-greek-city
    Huge 1000ft spider web appears overnight on a beach in Greece
    AN ENORMOUS and terrifying spider web has sprung up in Greece overnight, covering everything from trees to shrubs near a lagoon

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2018/05/15/the-drunkest-and-driest-cities-in-america/34901003/
    Who is drinking the most? The drunkest — and driest — cities in America

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/19/robocall-alert-scams-will-make-up-nearly-half-of-all-cellphone-calls-by-2019-report-says/
    Robocall alert: Scams will make up nearly half of all cellphone calls by 2019, report says"

https://marketingland.com/report-digital-now-makes-up-51-of-us-ad-spending-248617
    Report: Digital now makes up 51% of US ad spending

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fat-traces-confirm-weird-fossils-were-earliest-animals-195745714.html
    'Fat' traces confirm weird fossils were earliest animals

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Hi Val
    Good morning,

I ran all over like a crazy person yesterday over such an easy matter. I was just going to deliver an anniversary card to someone that I was going to give them at church on Weds. nite..but I did not go. They have been married for 51 years. She had given me some gumbo in an over large canning jar, so I planned to fill it with cookies and take it to them. I was planning on making a small batch of strawberry thumbprint cookies. I got up late and did not get out fast as I had to pick up butter and jam. So I am thinking I will just pick up some at Panera and save baking time. Decorated the top of jar, got to Panera and they only had 3 left. I added something else, ate the extra, went to fill the jar and they did not fit, lol...Never crossed my mind as the jar opening was bigger than normal...I had thought it would be perfect. I decided to stop at Publix as their bakery is usually good. I got there and nothing looked good at all. During all this time I could have baked the home made cookies. I ended up just removing the decor, and filling it and a small bag with some nice fresh figs as a joke present because the birds ate all their's this year...
    Hello Jan
    You had no luck in any way shape or form :(

Last Year the Deer ate all the figs just as they nearly ripe, To say my brother was not happy would be an understatement.
    The day I went to my son's I stopped at Gigi's bakery to get the grandkids cupcakes. They are awesome and cute. ( both, but I meant the cupcakes!) ..Well, it was closed down and turned into a sushi place, lol... Notice a trend here..I am getting old and things are just gone and/ or changing. Well, gee... :D

My doctor's office called and they have scheduled me for a cat scan of the liver now. Apparently there is an unidentified shadow/ mass by the gallbladder and tucked up in by the liver. So they want a closer look. Hopefully it was just an unclear area on the U/S. I go on Tuesday. It is a 3 part test, but do not know if it is just that day or a few days.

Long week..I am ready for bed at 8 pm!!

Val, I hope something works out. It would be great to get you into a more positive work environment that is your current place. Maybe something will come along!

Take care all. Jan..
    It is not an age related thing, Many of the Bakeries have closed down and I do not see new ones opening up. My belief is that is due to the Grocery Stores all adding in store bakeries. Those Bakeries often have more items than a local bakery and they sell what used to be high profit margin things cheaper too. Sad as Good Enough has replaced really good items from the bakery :(

Ouch, a Three part test, I hope it is a nothing to worry about after the test. The last, actually my first also Catscan I had was done and read in a hour. Hopefully they get it all done the same day day quickly.

My poor brother has to fast for more than 24 hours due to when the test is scheduled and take a 4 hour Stress Test, It sounds like what You went through.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

Today I just did running around with some really crazy drivers on the road. So thankful to be back home. My life seems to have taken on a mind of it's own and it does not seem like a good thing! I just want to be retired, be home and love my doggie...Why is this hard, lol...

The weather is nice. Still in the 90's but feels so much better with like 1/2 the humidity!

Looking forward to the test just to find out what is going on, lol... :)

Interesting posts. I would move else where with those spider webs, lol..looks like something from science fiction and not in a good way! :#

Very true about your analysis of the bakeries! many products like that nowadays!

Oh my, 24 hours to fast seems way too much! Not sure I could do that, lol...

Church tomorrow! No rest there! Your prices for local small stores not too bad. I am sure by now you are a great bargain hunter!

My daughter made homemade sauerkraut and I have some cooking with pork spare ribs. It smells divine!! that is supper!

Take care! have a good rest of week end!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I have already posted more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 61 degrees and comfortable. When I left the house it was dry outside except for the occasional drizzle that became heavier after I picked up my coffee.

Yesterday, Friday, The New Dryer arrived early and as I was out on the road delivering Sliced Metwurst, a type of sliced dried sausage, The one You typically see in a Italian Deli with what looks like white salt leaching onto the outside and a couple of sleeves of Ritz Crackers, A Unopened jar of Peanut Butter and the other two sleeves of crackers. That should be tasty and gets rid of temptation too :wink:
    Then I was in CVS looking for something my brother wanted when the cellphone went off that the Dryer delivery was already there and they could not find the Gas Shutoff. So home where I found the the shutoff and the dryer was installed. It has a feature we will likely never use. That would be a Shelf that clips into the Lint trap area to dry things like sneakers. Later I read the manual since this one is more complicated than the one it is replacing.

https://abc7.com/4297967/

Mother arrested for taking phone away from teenage daughter

https://www.yahoo.com/news/yellowstone-thermal-spring-erupts-4th-time-60-years-205633388.html
    Yellowstone thermal spring erupts for 4th time in 60 years
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1020357/yellowstone-volcano-eruption-geysers-earthquake-thermal-activity
    Yellowstone VOLCANO LATEST: Geysers shooting ROCKS and steam - thermal activity INCREASES

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-sets-traps-for-drivers-2018-9
    Amazon plants fake packages in delivery trucks as part of an undercover ploy to 'trap' drivers who are stealing
    Shrinkage — the industry's term for losses attributable to theft, error, or fraud — cost retailers nearly $47 billion last year, according to the National Retail Federation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-19/next-big-geomagnetic-storm-poses-astronomical-risk-modern-man
    The Next Big Geomagnetic Storm Poses An Astronomical Risk To Modern Man

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7311908/next-flu-could-be-deadlier-than-spanish-flu-affecting-400million/
    RISK TO MANKIND Next flu pandemic could be ‘DEADLIER than Spanish flu – wiping out 400 million across the globe’
    Pandemic infection is considered one of the biggest threats to mankind by governments across the globe

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/fda-links-popular-flea-tick-medications-to-neurological-problems-in-dogs-cats/
    FDA Links Popular Flea, Tick Medications To Neurological Problems In Dogs, Cats

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/09/20/popular-keto-low-carb-diet-could-have-long-term-consequences-new-studies-reveal/\
    Popular Keto Low-Carb Diet Could Have Long-Term Consequences, New Studies Reveal

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    Good morning,

Today I just did running around with some really crazy drivers on the road. So thankful to be back home. My life seems to have taken on a mind of it's own and it does not seem like a good thing! I just want to be retired, be home and love my doggie...Why is this hard, lol...

The weather is nice. Still in the 90's but feels so much better with like 1/2 the humidity!

Looking forward to the test just to find out what is going on, lol... :)
    Hi Jan
    So what You are saying is that NJ does not have a monopoly on crazy and stupid drivers :(
    Some days I am thankful just to be back home in one piece :wink:

I'm with You just leave me in peace with a retired no stress life.

I feel for You with those temperatures here were in the lower 70s Saturday and forecast to be in the 60s today with showers. The dew point was reported to be in the very dry range, Great news.

Good Luck with the test.
    Interesting posts. I would move else where with those spider webs, lol..looks like something from science fiction and not in a good way! :#

Very true about your analysis of the bakeries! many products like that nowadays!

Oh my, 24 hours to fast seems way too much! Not sure I could do that, lol...

Church tomorrow! No rest there! Your prices for local small stores not too bad. I am sure by now you are a great bargain hunter!

My daughter made homemade sauerkraut and I have some cooking with pork spare ribs. It smells divine!! that is supper!

Take care! have a good rest of week end!! ...Jan
    My Brother is not happy with the 24 hours fasting as that means no food the day before and with the test a 7:15AM nothing until nearly noon the day of the test. I wonder how Severe Diabetics handle a fast like that ? The other thing he is not liking is the No Coffee, for someone that drinks 1/2 a pot of coffee a day and likes the darker blends that is tough.

I am trying to remember if I have had Sauerkraut and Ribs ? Likely not as that does not ring a bell. Mom always used it with Hot Dogs or Kielbasa
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielbasa
    In the United States, kielbasa which may also be referred to as Polish sausage in some areas, is widely available in grocery stores and speciality import markets. While the smoked variety is more commonly found, the uncured variety is often available, particularly in areas with large Polish populations.
    I prefer the Hillshire farms Kielbasa that is sole in a large Ring. Sliced lengthwise and fried it makes a delicious sandwich too with a pop of flavor when You bite through the Crispy skin from frying.

I suspect that the Grocery Stores have also killed of many of the Delicatessens too, Nothing is forever :(
    And Computer stores are had hit too due to so many people using Tablets that are tough to fix and cellphones for email and Internet. Toss in the much lower prices and most of the computer stores in this area are goners.

If by small local stores You are referring to my quoted Acme prices, Acme is owner by Albertsons as are many chains of Grocery Stores.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acme_Markets
    Acme Markets Inc. is a supermarket chain operating 177 stores throughout Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania and, as of 1999, is a subsidiary of Albertsons

Have a Nice Day, Enjoy You Church time.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Hi. The day after my interview, I heard from my former boss (different company than the interview). She said “I’d love love love love to hire you! But....” she can’t right now because her company is going through an acquisition. I’ve emailed my current boss a number of questions...he’s appearing to give me the cold shoulder and literally ignore me. He wants me to leave, yet, im on this “top priority “ project for the president. Work is currently a depressing mess. And worse...I’m letting it get me down. I feel awful.
  • RogerToo
    I Already posted more humor this morning

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 60 degrees and comfortable. Later this evening into tomorrow there is rain in the forecast.
    When I was on the outbound leg I saw the same three deer I have been seeing lately crossing the road ahead of me.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-emergency-room/
    Emergency Rooms Seeing Rise In Syndrome Related To Marijuana Use

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/22/petsmart-grooming-dog-deaths/
    10-Year Investigation Finds 47 Dogs Died After Grooming At PetSmart, Link Uncertain

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/731500/NASA-Mars-Curiosity-Rover-blackout-mystery-glitch-conspiracy-frenzy-video
    NASA Mars Curiosity Rover BLACKOUT over 'mystery glitch' sparks conspiracy frenzy
    NASA’s Mars Curiosity Rover has temporarily halted science operations due to a "mystery glitch", and conspiracy theorists are convinced the space agency is hiding something.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/sep/22/regular-body-upgrades-what-will-humans-look-like-in-100-years
    ‘We will get regular body upgrades’: what will humans look like in 100 years?
    Mechanical exoskeletons, bionic limbs, uploadable brains: six experts’ visions of 2118

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/puppies-spread-antibiotic-resistant-infections-to-118-people-cdc/
    Puppies spread antibiotic-resistant infections to 118 people, CDC reports

https://abc7.com/ca-gov-signs-measure-that-lets-utilities-bill-customers-to-pay-for-wildfire-costs/4304446/
    Gov. Jerry Brown signs measure allowing utilities to bill customers to pay for
    California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a measure allowing utilities to bill their customers to pay for future legal settlements stemming from devastating 2017 wildfires. (KGO-TV )
    Brown announced Friday he'd signed the bill, which is aimed at preventing bankruptcy for Pacific Gas & Electric Co. The massive utility faces billions of dollars in liability if investigators determine its equipment caused the Tubbs Fire that destroyed thousands of homes and killed 22 people in Santa Rosa last year.

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/407661-have-smartphones-soured-americans-on-america
    Have smartphones soured Americans on America?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. The day after my interview, I heard from my former boss (different company than the interview). She said “I’d love love love love to hire you! But....” she can’t right now because her company is going through an acquisition. I’ve emailed my current boss a number of questions...he’s appearing to give me the cold shoulder and literally ignore me. He wants me to leave, yet, im on this “top priority “ project for the president. Work is currently a depressing mess. And worse...I’m letting it get me down. I feel awful.
    Hi Val
    Does that make two different companies that would love to hire You except for being acquired ?

I know it is hard not to let work get You down, Learning to ignore that and leave work behind when You clock out is a hard to acquire skill.

I hope You feel better about things quickly
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I did post some more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 58 degrees and comfortable. The rain in the forecast that was to arrive overnight was a light drizzle out the door with some brief periods of slightly heavier rain. The forecast is for heavy off and on rain today :(

I went back out and helped my brother with one of his hobbies and ended up with several thousand more steps.
    He also pointed out the Pear Tree growing wild that he had brought home some of last year. When we checked we picked up enough to overfill the Fruit / Vegetable drawer in the refrigerator. They are not a sweet variety but tasty enough so that is some money saved for the future. Since they are growing wild I will be cutting them up just in case of a worm inside, better to find it that way then to find a half of a worm as You are eating it :smiley:

Yesterdays weather never got out of the 60s, Today temps should be good, just wet and Wednesday the forecast is for the weather to hit 80 degrees or higher before dropping back to seasonal Thursday.

I checked the New Heat resistant cement I placed where the Furnace exhaust enters the Chimney and it is hard and did not crack like what I used last year did. The appliance store also said the when we change the water heater the flue pipe will need to be changed from a three inch to a four inch pipe and that raises the cost significantly, I asked as sooner or later it will need to be changed :(

http://news-edition.com/used-car-sales-boom-as-new-cars-get-too-pricey-for-many/
    Used-Car Sales Boom as New Cars Get Too Pricey for Many

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hackers-target-real-estate-deals-devastating-impact-015558592.html
    Hackers target real estate deals, with devastating impact

https://abc11.com/pender-county-fire-department-washes-fish-off-of-i-40/4315447/
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218886230.html
    Pender County fire department washes fish off of I-40

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/21/turtle-creek-teen-girl-second-degree-burns-paramedics-refuse-transportation/
    ‘It Is A Second-Degree Burn’: Mother To File Complaint, Says Paramedics Refused To Transport Teen Daughter To Hospital

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/31/epa-regulations-violate-constitutional-rights/
    EPA regulations violate constitutional rights

https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2018/09/oregon_woman_steals_ambulance.html
    Oregon woman steals ambulance as medics perform CPR inside a building, goes on wild 30-mile joyride, cops say

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Yes-two companies want me but timing not right. Something i had warned sr mgmt about last week (and was overruled) ended up happening this week (nothing i had any involvement in at all), and now they’re scrambling. I really try to be helpful. Also I got my foot back into the department where I should be, so that feels better. Now i can prove to that guy why he needs me.
  • RogerToo
    Hello Jan

More humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 69 degrees and uncomfortable. The humidity is high enough to make walking somewhat of a chore. There is a mist or haze in the air and the cars had cones of light in front of them as a result. There was a light drizzle for a few minutes, not enough to put on the rain gear as I was on the homeward leg, I did put the iPod inside of a small plastic bag just in case it became heavier. This one is my spare as the One I usually use while walking is ready to be sent back to Apple for repair, That is $99 + S&H as it is out of warranty. The port where the cable used to charge and Sync died after being finicky for a while :( I have a spare since they announced that the iPod Nano was being discontinued and the only one they have left to sell is the iPod Touch. No Thanks, Touch Screen controls only, Not helpful as I use the Volume up and down as well as the pause button constantly while walking.

Yesterday was a dreary looking day with off an on, more on than off and flooding in many parts of NJ. Today is looking dreary, Humid and a possibility of Thunderstorms in the afternoon, Not to mention warmer into the 80s before dropping back down Thursday :(

https://apnews.com/dee67b607a034699abf4ec14bab5cb1c
    Why the 'gig' economy may not be the workforce of the future

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/drivers-for-uber-lyft-are-earning-less-than-half-of-what-they-did-four-years-ago-study-finds-2018-09-24
    Drivers for Uber, Lyft are earning less than half of what they did four years ago, study finds

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/u-s-urged-rapidly-prepare-electromagnetic-pulse-attack/
    U.S. Urged to Rapidly Prepare for Electromagnetic Pulse Attack
    World War II-style Manhattan Project needed for electric infrastructure protection

https://www.yahoo.com/news/implant-helps-paralysed-man-walk-again-150206593.html
    Implant helps paralysed man walk again

https://abc13.com/4319667/
    UNLIKELY ALLY: Mosquitoes force high-speed chase suspect to surrender

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/24/average-fico-score-hits-an-all-time-high.html
    Average FICO credit score hits all-time high

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yes-two companies want me but timing not right. Something i had warned sr mgmt about last week (and was overruled) ended up happening this week (nothing i had any involvement in at all), and now they’re scrambling. I really try to be helpful. Also I got my foot back into the department where I should be, so that feels better. Now i can prove to that guy why he needs me.
    Hi Val
    Have You thought about looking into working for a Temp agency, My sister that for while and so did I, We both ended up with good jobs as a result when some of the companies liked our work.

The warning fell on deaf ears, no surprise, where You are working sounds like a dysfunctional business. How far back had You seen it coming ? Just my curiosity being aroused.

So far I have ordered some of the new NS items for my October order.
    They would be these three breakfasts, The numbers next to them are how many I ordered being hopeful they are a tasty as they look.
    3 Cherry Cheese Roll
    2 Five Seed Roll
    3 Cinnamon Raisin Bagel
    Limited tine Dinner items that are back
    4 Chicken Provencal
    0 Shrimp & Chicken Stir-Fry

I liked the Chicken Provencal the last time they had them, this time I did not make the mistake of only ordering a sample since they were gone by next order :(

Good luck getting completely back into that department
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Four years ago, i was on a comittee that established a process. I’ve been following it religiously but others don’t. Last week they changed the process...and that prompted my email warning. I need medical insurance so I’ll keep this gig until they lay me off. But...I’m proactively contacting other departments who may be interested in my support. So far so good. Also—The hospital that gave me the infection that led to sepsis has agreed to absorb the remainder of the bill...a huge relief for me!!! And tomorrow i get all six puppies...not just two. LOL!!!🤪
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

I had my CT yesterday and it went quite well. Checking in was funny (?) as my insurance info was not right. I had just checked in there 2 weeks ago or so on their fancy computerized check in system. Also who ever called me info about the test made it seem like the CT and lab were all at the same place, as there is a lab just one glass window next to the CT window. Imagine my surprise when no one knew what I was talking about twice, I am assuming now the lab was at my Dr.'s office. That would have been a good thing to mention, and they didn't. I was just mentally beat when I did get home and accomplished very little else, lol..

Just catching up today. It is getting cloudy and fall looking outside. Of course it is in the eighties so outside you do not get that feeling. Good rains expected this week and we need them!

Finally played ball with May after 4 days of being away or too tired. Now she is tired, lol... :#

Glad the dryer got straightened away. And great improvement on your chimney/furnace connection! Don't you love it when things work out.

Interesting about your wild pear tree too! I hated when NS got rid of something I liked, or I did order something I turned out not to like. Did not happen too often...but disappointing none the less..

Val, things sound a little better work wise even if crazy and unpredictable. Hoping for the best....And puppies, nothing wrong there, lol..Give them smoochies for me!! ...Jan