Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning! :p !
    Glad you have a sense of humor about things, Roger!! Always a help today!!

The dinner went great! The person next to me was from small group, and he ate my potatoes and dessert. The rolls were passed so I passed on that! :D I had to cut carbs some to low, 20 grams or less...it is really low. We all did not eat fast enough and we ate some in the near darkness as people had their intros. If I went to more functions, I would know to eat immediately, I was kind of waiting for a benediction, this is the South!! We had wonderful chicken and the best roast beef I had had in a while! It melted in your mouth like butter. Of course at our table of 8 or so, I got the smallest piece, and I could eat the protein. Many people did not even eat half of theirs, partly due to the speakers starting. I was wishing I had brought a giant doggie bag for their leftovers!!! Tony Blair was a wonderful and encouraging speaker, and with a self depreciating sense of humor about funny incidents while he served. Half was speech, and half a question and answer from the President of Faulkner. Good nite all around and fun to dress!

Val, I think you nailed what work was like in your description...And sorry!! Best the pup finds the right home, and returns to you. Sorry it did not work out!! <3

Roger I was hungry today so had my bacon and scrambled egg with both butter and bacon grease and some cheddar cheese in my eggs!! Yum!!!! :p I also had one fat bomb coffee. that was coffee with half and half and some butter you mix with an emulsifier. It is diary and it froths like cream. And you are far less hungry due to that!! Sounds gross, but not! You can do it with coconut oil too. :#

I really hate people who let trash fly out the bed of their pick up trucks too! Happens alot as they use the bed for a giant trash can.... :s

Good stories Roger!! They usually are!! Much appreciated! Have a good week end!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Work is like pushing a boulder up hill. Working tomorrow (Sat) so i can take Sunday off for the adoption event. The return puppy was a trial. Very kind lady and she quickly realized she has too much to handle aside from a puppy. They figured out how to get out of their living room area. So now it’s officially time to housebeak them. They stay in the master bath when unattended or sleeping...and immediately parade to the yard where everyone simultaneously pees. Yes! Watching them play now...in hopes that soon will be bedtime. I had a scare last night...a friend in hospital texted me that her BP was way high (>200/150)...and the preist had given her the last rights (Catholic). Then silence. I called the hospital and there was no answer in her room...she was in ICU. She’s back in her regular room now still trying to control BP and pain. But it was so good to hear from her. Man these pups can run!!!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I did post more humor, somewhat earlier than usual

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 64 degrees and nicely comfortable for my walk.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/01/fire-in-hole-a-midway-mystery-20181001-1/
    Meteorite, Satan ruled out, but fire in hole remains mystery for Arkansas town

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/10/04/more-birds-are-getting-drunk-this-year-mn-town-advises-residents/
    More Birds Are Getting Drunk This Year, MN Town Advises Residents

OOPS
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/10/05/toddler-puts-1060-in-cash-through-shredder/
    Toddler Puts $1,060 In Cash Through Shredder

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/south-fulton-county/10-decapitated-goats-found-in-around-chattahoochee-river-officials-say/846122236
    Disturbing discovery in Chattahoochee River could impact your drinking water

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/10/03/red-meats-processed-meats-linked-to-higher-breast-cancer-risk/
    Processed Meats Linked To Higher Breast Cancer Risk

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tech-breakthrough-offers-early-warning-system-heart-attacks-102552669.html
    Tech breakthrough offers early warning system for heart attacks

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-used-tiny-chips-us-computers-steal-secrets-135924842.html
    China used tiny chips on US computers to steal secrets: report
    The Bloomberg News report said the chips, the size of a grain of rice, were used on equipment made for Amazon, which first alerted US authorities, and Apple, and possibly for other companies and government agencies.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/health-microbiome-noahs-ark-microbes-antibiotics-diseases-obesity-diabetes-asthma-a8569206.html
    Scientists call for ‘Noah’s Ark’ of human microbes to prevent ‘growing global health crisis’
    'We owe future generations the microbes that colonised our ancestors for at least 200,000 years of human evolution'

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning! :p !
    Glad you have a sense of humor about things, Roger!! Always a help today!!

The dinner went great! The person next to me was from small group, and he ate my potatoes and dessert. The rolls were passed so I passed on that! :D I had to cut carbs some to low, 20 grams or less...it is really low. We all did not eat fast enough and we ate some in the near darkness as people had their intros. If I went to more functions, I would know to eat immediately, I was kind of waiting for a benediction, this is the South!! We had wonderful chicken and the best roast beef I had had in a while! It melted in your mouth like butter. Of course at our table of 8 or so, I got the smallest piece, and I could eat the protein. Many people did not even eat half of theirs, partly due to the speakers starting. I was wishing I had brought a giant doggie bag for their leftovers!!! Tony Blair was a wonderful and encouraging speaker, and with a self depreciating sense of humor about funny incidents while he served. Half was speech, and half a question and answer from the President of Faulkner. Good nite all around and fun to dress!
    Hi Jan
    I am not surprised that a expensive plate dinner like that had no benediction, There seems to be a push to ignore religion sadly. Hopefully the pendulum swings back that other way.

Congratulations on avoiding temptation :smiley:
    I see Murphy struck and You ended up with the smallest portion of what You could eat :(
    Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

How nice that You enjoyed it, it could have been worse.
    Val, I think you nailed what work was like in your description...And sorry!! Best the pup finds the right home, and returns to you. Sorry it did not work out!! <3

Roger I was hungry today so had my bacon and scrambled egg with both butter and bacon grease and some cheddar cheese in my eggs!! Yum!!!! :p I also had one fat bomb coffee. that was coffee with half and half and some butter you mix with an emulsifier. It is diary and it froths like cream. And you are far less hungry due to that!! Sounds gross, but not! You can do it with coconut oil too. :#

I really hate people who let trash fly out the bed of their pick up trucks too! Happens alot as they use the bed for a giant trash can.... :s

Good stories Roger!! They usually are!! Much appreciated! Have a good week end!! ...Jan
    The Bacon and Scrambled Egg sounds tasty to me, The Coffee not. I drink it black and no sweetener of any kind, and TBH I do not like Flavored coffees either. I have heard of putting a stick of butter in a cup of coffee.
    https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/latest-coffee-trend-is-to-put-butter-in-your-coffee
    Published November 23, 2016, Last Update November 22, 2016
    Latest coffee trend is to put butter in your coffee

I use butter with a lot of things, White Rice, Egg Rolls where I put a small slice into each bite, Since the Egg Rolls start out as high fat due to the frying adding the Butter, hmm...

My Brother has a F150 pick Up, and is careful to leave nothing fly out in it, some things go in the locking gang box. For example Groceries go behind the seats through a small door behind the regular doors and Things like cases of water and Seltzer do go into the bed but are to heavy to fly out :smiley:

It make me happy that my choices are appreciated, I pass on more than I use and try to steer clear of Politics. I will be happy when the confirmation is either done or defeated and some real news appear in the Network News Broadcasts.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Work is like pushing a boulder up hill. Working tomorrow (Sat) so i can take Sunday off for the adoption event. The return puppy was a trial. Very kind lady and she quickly realized she has too much to handle aside from a puppy. They figured out how to get out of their living room area. So now it’s officially time to housebreak them. They stay in the master bath when unattended or sleeping...and immediately parade to the yard where everyone simultaneously pees. Yes! Watching them play now...in hopes that soon will be bedtime. I had a scare last night...a friend in hospital texted me that her BP was way high (>200/150)...and the priest had given her the last rights (Catholic). Then silence. I called the hospital and there was no answer in her room...she was in ICU. She’s back in her regular room now still trying to control BP and pain. But it was so good to hear from her. Man these pups can run!!!
    Hi Val
    It sounds as if You are engaged in a Sisyphean task
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sisyphus
    In Greek mythology Sisyphus or Sisyphos (/ˈsɪsɪfəs/; Greek: Σίσυφος, Sísuphos) was the king of Ephyra (now known as Corinth). He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down when it nears the top, repeating this action for eternity.
    You should not have to work Saturday just to get Sunday off :(

Good luck with the housebreaking.

BP that high and last Rites being administered is never a good thing. I hope they control the BP quickly as that is dangerous territory. I bet You were worried.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    My job - Sisyphus! 🤣. Today I worked 2 hours. Took Em to mall for a home coming dress. She’s adorable. Size 1 and shapely. School dress code rules are so conservative that none of the dresses would be allowed. After the mall, I took a hard nap. I feel really sick. Wondering about West Nile because I have a million mosquito bites from supervising pups in the yard.l
  • Buttons61
    edited October 2018
    Good morning!

Kind of a rough week end Val. Hope the puppy showing goes well. And you feel better!! <3

Roger you need to find some change! It has been a while.

Accomplished little today and talked to about 1 million people...and it felt like it, lol... :#
    I could use a rest from my rest day!!

Pretty sure I was never a size one.... :D

Dark here by 6:30. Just a few days ago it was by 7 pm... :/

Be consistent with the dieting! <3 Over ate some today but still okay!! Just combined two proteins I should have not due to calories.. But it is okay, lol...

Jan
  • RogerToo
    The new Humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees and semi comfortable for my walk due to a increase in humidity. It stayed Gloomy all day Saturday and there was some light rain in the afternoon followed by more rain in the overnight from looking at the roads when I headed out the door for my walk. I also felt a on and off really light drizzle.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2018/10/large-scale-wind-power-has-its-down-side/
    The down side to wind power
    Wind farms will cause more environmental impact than previously thought

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/05/whole-foods-animal-rights-protest-restraining-order
    Whole Foods v vegans: Berkeley store gets restraining order against activists
    The order is the latest in a tense standoff with an animal rights group that has staged protests at the store for several years

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/734415/bible-prophecy-fish-dead-sea-israel-biblical-ezekiel
    Biblical end of days prophecy COMES TRUE as fish swim again in Dead Sea
    A BIBLICAL prophecy may be coming true after fish were spotted swimming in the Dead Sea – mirroring Prophet Ezekiel’s vision.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/10/04/downtown-la-skid-row-typhus-outbreak/
    Downtown LA Hit With Outbreak Of Flea-Borne Typhus

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/05/here-are-the-us-metro-areas-with-the-best-and-worst-job-markets.html
    Here are the US metro areas with the best and worst job markets – and the Midwest is doing better than you think

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-swiss-secrecy/era-of-bank-secrecy-ends-as-swiss-start-sharing-account-data-idUSKCN1MF13O
    Era of bank secrecy ends as Swiss start sharing account data

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spanish-cities-grapple-invasion-electric-scooters-032651183.html
    Spanish cities grapple with invasion of electric scooters

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1026624/robot-artificial-intelligence-millennial-baby-boomer-work-AI-Sector-Deal
    No human contact! Millennials prefer ROBOTS to people at work, SHOCK research claims

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My job - Sisyphus! 🤣. Today I worked 2 hours. Took Em to mall for a home coming dress. She’s adorable. Size 1 and shapely. School dress code rules are so conservative that none of the dresses would be allowed. After the mall, I took a hard nap. I feel really sick. Wondering about West Nile because I have a million mosquito bites from supervising pups in the yard.l
    Hi Val
    That was the first thing that popped into my head sadly.

Size 1 is tiny as far as I know. I will say that IMO there is nothing wrong with a conservative dress code for school.

I hope You are wrong about West Nile, You could go for a test if You are covered for that testing.

I hate Mosquitoes when they start that whine in the ears and the itching that happens after they bite :(

Good Luck with the Pups
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Kind of a rough week end Val. Hope the puppy showing goes well. And you feel better!! <3

Roger you need to find some change! It has been a while.

Accomplished little today and talked to about 1 million people...and it felt like it, lol... :#
    I could use a rest from my rest day!!

Pretty sure I was never a size one.... :D

Dark here by 6:30. Just a few days ago it was by 7 pm... :/

Be consistent with the dieting! <3 Over ate some today but still okay!! Just combined two proteins I should have not due to calories.. But it is okay, lol...

Jan
    Hi Jan
    I agree, the money finding drought is making me wonder if people are picking up any that they drop based on economy worries or what.

It is dark earlier and earlier here too. The Halloween Decorations that I hung in (on?) the Living Room Picture window. Those would be a back-lit Bat and a back-lit Black Cat provide enough light that I do not feel the need for additional light and they look good from the street when I look at them as I head out the door walking. The Cat has glowing green eyes and the Bat has Glowing Red Eyes.

I am currently trying to decide if I want to go to the ShopRite Grocery Store and look at the Hot Food Bar for meats that I can use with my Lunch and Dinner. I have some Corned Beef Round cuts defrosting that I picked up from the Deli End Cuts bin, There are some nice looking slices that will make a nice Sandwich, especially if I pick up some lower calorie Rye Bread and use Thousand Island dressing as a sandwich spread.
    The Problem with going is trying not to buy the wrong things :(
    Proteins are not as bad as eating things liked Scalloped Potatoes or Macaroni Salad or Potato Salad :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Exhausted from today...body hurts. Took an Aleve...hoping for relief. All but two puppies were adopted. I have Lucky and Poppy. Talked to many nice folks today. Enjoyable but taxing on an introvert. I know i was never a size 0. My mom would never buy me any clothes that fit...she’d buy size 18 and tell me to grow into it. Em’s 5’2” and 100 pounds. I agree that many of the “dresses” are too revealing. There was nothing we found at the mall that fit the requirements.
  • hope4change_val
    I just googled...there is no treatment for West Nile, yet it says to contact your doctor. Why pay money if they can’t do anything?
  • Buttons61
    That might be old info on West Nile. We gave the horses west Nile shots and while it was no cure, it does seem to lessen the severity and/or length of disease in most the animals. Not all. the vets wanted to give it and these were vets I trusted with my life..or that of my horses. of course that's horses, not humans, lol....Still!!

Still doing keto and resisted all tempters. Bought mashed cauliflower frozen with chives by birdseye. pricey at $2.50 for a small, they say 3 serving size. I would say 1 serving the way I like mashed potatoes. I mixed the 1 gram ricotta cheese, like a good tablespoon and it does taste very much like potatoes. Then imagine my surprise. I was full! So I will get 2 meals from each. Pricey but better and oh so convenient over making it homemade!

You will have to take a pic of Lucky and Poppy! Like you do not have anything to do and feel well, lol...Just wondered what they looked like, though I will go back to past pictures!! <3

Val, I hope you feel better soon!! :)

Love your meat selections, Roger!! :#

Thinking we are west of the hurricane now, if it comes. Poor Carolina and Virginia getting the left overs. They do not need that... :(

Take care!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Poppy is white/black with speckled legs; Lucky is mostly black.
  • RogerToo
    I just posted the latest humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 70 degrees and Semi comfortable except for when the breeze was blowing and then it was comfortable.

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a male buffalo with the other. He says to the waiter:

“Want coffee.”

The waiter says, “Sure, Chief. Coming right up.”

He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee.

The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns.

He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the other.

He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter:

“Want coffee.”

The waiter says, “Whoa…! We’re still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?”

The Indian smiles and proudly says,

“Training for a position in United States Senate. Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day.

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/02/lock-screen-bypass-already-discovered-for-apples-ios-12/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=0f72cfc5c1-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-0f72cfc5c1-418502465
    Lock screen bypass already discovered for Apple’s iOS 12

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/isis-warns-of-knife-attack-surprises-at-concerts/
    ISIS Warns of Knife Attack 'Surprises' at Concerts

https://fox17online.com/2018/10/04/100000-meteorite-used-as-doorstop-on-michigan-farm-for-decades/
    $100,000 meteorite used as doorstop on Michigan farm for decades

Forecast to hit NJ Thursday with lots of rain.
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/budding-tropical-storm-threatens-to-menace-u-s-gulf-coast
    Budding Tropical Storm Threatens to Menace U.S. Gulf Coast

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/10/05/Semi-drives-on-bike-path-gets-stuck-under-bridge/1391538750915/?sl=5
    Semi drives on bike path, gets stuck under bridge

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/06/14/Canadian-childs-distaste-for-salad-prompts-911-calls/7771528995155/?st_rec=9321538060151
    Canadian child's distaste for salad prompts 911 calls

Weird
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/oct/06/sensory-videos-relaxation
    Whisper it... ASMR videos are the quiet revolution going global
    Viewing sensory films of people tapping, crinkling paper and scratching beards can trigger brain tingles that are relaxing – and advertisers hope will entice you to buy

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/swiss-firm-claims-new-feed-will-curb-cow-farts-global-n916316
    Swiss firm claims new feed will curb cow farts — and global warming
    "The burps for the cows — it is more burps than farts — contribute about ... 4 percent of greenhouse gas emissions," says one U.N. expert.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Exhausted from today...body hurts. Took an Aleve...hoping for relief. All but two puppies were adopted. I have Lucky and Poppy. Talked to many nice folks today. Enjoyable but taxing on an introvert. I know i was never a size 0. My mom would never buy me any clothes that fit...she’d buy size 18 and tell me to grow into it. Em’s 5’2” and 100 pounds. I agree that many of the “dresses” are too revealing. There was nothing we found at the mall that fit the requirements.
    Hi Val
    Only 2 puppies left must make Your life easier.
    I was never what You would call slender, rather the opposite.

I'm sorry to hear that You have pain, I hope the Aleve helps.
    I must be old fashioned but I am not a fan of many modern fashions.
    I just googled...there is no treatment for West Nile, yet it says to contact your doctor. Why pay money if they can’t do anything?
    I thought that there were treatments that helped, Supportive therapy ? That is what comes to mind anyhow.
    Poppy is white/black with speckled legs; Lucky is mostly black.

Nice Looking dogs, I wonder why they did not get adopted too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That might be old info on West Nile. We gave the horses west Nile shots and while it was no cure, it does seem to lessen the severity and/or length of disease in most the animals. Not all. the vets wanted to give it and these were vets I trusted with my life..or that of my horses. of course that's horses, not humans, lol....Still!!

Still doing keto and resisted all tempters. Bought mashed cauliflower frozen with chives by birdseye. pricey at $2.50 for a small, they say 3 serving size. I would say 1 serving the way I like mashed potatoes. I mixed the 1 gram ricotta cheese, like a good tablespoon and it does taste very much like potatoes. Then imagine my surprise. I was full! So I will get 2 meals from each. Pricey but better and oh so convenient over making it homemade!

You will have to take a pic of Lucky and Poppy! Like you do not have anything to do and feel well, lol...Just wondered what they looked like, though I will go back to past pictures!! <3

Val, I hope you feel better soon!! :)

Love your meat selections, Roger!! :#

Thinking we are west of the hurricane now, if it comes. Poor Carolina and Virginia getting the left overs. They do not need that... :(

Take care!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Lessening the severity is a worth goal if that is the best they can do.

Our Grocery store has riced Cauliflower packaged so You can do whatever flavors You might want to try. If You get two meals for $2.50 that is not a obscene price :smiley:
    Serving sizes IMO are designed to give the nutrition info that they think will work to increase sales.

Meat Selections :smiley:

The last weather forecast I saw Sunday evening showed Michael hitting the Florida Panhandle and it now looks like it may curve out to sea south of where I am.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 10/07/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Long work day. We have another adoption event on Saturday. These pups are very adoptable. We found out that mNy attebding sundays event didn’t even know there were rescues inside the building so we didn’t get as much traffic as we might have. My ulcers hurt a whole bunch. I cannot tolerate the medication. Only other option is surgery. I’m terrified of another round if sepsis.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I love Lucky...I would adopt him in a heart beat..I am surprised he was not first to go!! Though usually I like the quiet shy ones. He looks too twinkly to be that!! <3 Of course, i would adopt them all!! :)

Sorry you are still feeling so poorly, Val! Hope you feel better soon. I would sympathize greatly about returning to the hospital after what you have been thru. Hopefully the next adoption will be better attended also!

Looks like N. Carolina will get rain they do not need. I think it will not move across the panhandle into N Fla. which would be better for the Florence victims. It sure is gaining momentum quickly... :(

We are on the western side, so far so good.

Jenny made me keto german potato salad out of cauliflower. I will send you all the recipe. It is fantastic and comes very close to real potato salad. Roger, you can add bacon, and Val, you can use veggie bacon. I think it will adapt to a regular salad also with eggs, celery, or whatever you put into it normally. So close!!! :p

What a week!! Still waiting to slow down some....Jan