100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options
1300301302303304306»

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Day #5
    Focus attention on the path ahead and forget not Who is at your side. o:)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Day #6
    This day I thank you for our many Blessings. Please share them and shower our friend Roger with them also. I pray he becomes lighter in consciousness and responds well to all treatments. Surround him with your healing touch. Grant him this in your name, Jesus! o:)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Day #7

Bless Val and Em and keep them safe!! 1/2 done with vacation... :o
    Father, some days are just rough..keep us tucked under Angels wings. Bring healing to our friend Roger!! Let there be a positive change for him! We ask in Christ's name! Amen... o:)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Day #8

Bless our friend Roger! Heal him according to Your ways! o:)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Day #9

thank you Heavenly Father for watching over us and for our many blessings! Put a hedge of protection around Roger and bless him with your healing touch.I ask in Jesus name, please! o:)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Day 10#

Thank you for today. I see you everywhere. And I know you see what is in our hearts!! Send whatever Grace you have showered me with, and share with our friend Roger. How dear it would be to have him home and able to share with us again in his posts!!! o:)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan. We’re at the airport ready to head home. Vacation was great and we can’t wait to go home and see our doggos. Valuyddz3zoky1x.jpeg
    6s6p2s6p6le7.jpeg
    h7axxofinl8m.jpeg
    h5p2dd98lr86.jpeg
    rr7s57od70i0.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Welcome home Val and Em!!!

Beautiful pictures!! Glad you had a good time!! I bet your dogs went crazy!!! Em is so grown up in these picks and very beautiful!! You look relaxed!! So glad you were able to get away!! Beautiful country!!! <3
    Thought i would keep the post going till you got back!! :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m amazed that i only gained 4 pounds. I ate everything! I met my step goal every day. Lots of stairs, especially in castles and lighthouses. We were overjoyed to see the doggos. They were happy to see us but had been well cared for. Now to get our sleep cycle shifted back 6 hours. I used to adjust to time changes more easily, but as i age, it seems to get harder to adjust.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    You did really well. All the walking helps. Kind of why lots of europeans do so well. Lots of people into sports and they walk everywhere!! What did you have to eat there? Your vacation time went fast on this end! I imagine it went faster for you!! Good to have you back! Roger does not seem to be doing so well. continuing prayers! <3
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I really feel for Roger. When i was hospitalized with sepsis it took everything out of me.

In Ireland we had tea with cream at every meal. Apparently for dinner it is more common to have tea after, so the waitresses always asked “You want it NOW? My breakfast was scrambled eggs, toast, mushrooms, tomatoes, chocolate crescent, and watermelon. Lunch was usually vegetable soup with brown bread. Dinners varied. Hamburger. Shepherds pie. Quiche. Steak one night...it was like leather. Baked chicken. We tried ever dessert! They do not sweeten their whipped cream...Em didn’t like that. One night I ordered a glass of Guiness. I only took a couple sips...they dillute it compared to the US recipe. I had one Bailey’s coffee which was beyond fabulous!!! At Bunratty castle? I had honey mead with dinner and really enjoyed that.
    At McDonald’s, I stopped a wanna be theif when he tried to steal my food...if I had thought about it, I’d have let him have it...but i was hungry and completely willing to fight him for it. My glare scared him and he ran away.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    s1kjuhgktwfq.jpeg
    2blfopmb65du.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I love Bailey's!! :) Sounds like you had quite a time! I am not so crazy about unsweetened whipped cream myself!! I would have been scared to death about that thief!! Was he just being mean, or was he hungry? That would seem unexpected to me!! You are certainly brave!!! <3

I had a late B-day with my son and family Sat. I had a good time. Wish i could see them more often. Today was church. I stayed for guest lunch and small group. Just relaxed afterwards. I did not really get anthing done.. Guess I need to work on Monday! :D
    Glad you are home safe!!! :#
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The theif appeared to be a healthy weight. I’m really protective of my food so I didn’t think things through. I was ready to fight. 😬
    Glad that your birthday celebrations continue. My birthday is Tuesday, it rather snuck up on me.
    My job is stressful...and the pain is worse after returning from vacation. Oh well. 😕
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Val! :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Val!!!! <3
  • Buttons61
    Options
    RIP Roger Torre 8/12/2019 We miss you more than words can say.. <3