100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I worked until 1am. Dogs were ready for breakfast at 4 am. I didn’t feed or water because of boudreaux pre-op fasting. Took him in. Came home fed everyone. And hit to work by 8am.
    Now I'm getting comments about the emails i sent at 1am. (Nothing bad, just that they noticed the time if day).
    Very sad about that lady’s pup! I’ve never seen a dog have a seizure...that would be frightening. I’d feel so helpless.
    Hugs, val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you can do on such little sleep. I would be so useless! Nice they did notice your effort! I am sure Boud will be happy to get home! I am thinking maybe there was an underlying problem with that lady's dog. There are so many dogs that are out far more in this weather. Not much you can do with a seizure other than watch that the dogs airway is clear and he doesn't hurt himself. I would have kinda freaked myself I am sure.

Long day myself. Just lots of calls, emails and the like. I went to my son's house and he fixed a turkey marinaded in chinese kind of sauce, It was pretty tasty. They also made a homemade lime sherbet for dessert. Pretty good!! Time went pretty quickly!

I am going to supper Thursday and watching a play after. Should be interesting. Monday is my first day not planned for something. Small thunderstorms roaming tonite. My poor flowers need some sun. It has been cloudy for days!

The menagerie in my back yard is gone the last two days. It is quite strange...Hope I do not have a snake!

Don't work too hard...get some rest!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I saw one snake on my property 8 years ago and i ran screaming like a schoolgirl....three men went to check it out and it had gotten away. I hope your menagerie returns and there is no snake.

That turkey does sound yummy. Enjoy your supper and play tinight! I love life plays, although I rarely go ($, time, work).

I got Five new projects today. Then another guy sent me a request. I asked when he needed it. He responded telling me how important it is. I replied I’m tied up and need to know if you can wait until Monday. He continued about how important this is. He never said when. So I sent the requests on his behalf with him cc’d....including to that dept mgr asking if anyone is available to assist. In his follow up email to them, he said “I need this today.” Sigh. It’s not brain surgery...it’s communication.
    Boudreaux is doing well after surgery. I’m Taking Oscar to the vet today for prescription for fireworks and thunder.
    I slept well but I’m still so exhausted. Brain is fried.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I get it!! people do not really communicate!

I have a big Hawk...explains everyone laying low in the backyard! :#

Supper before dinner...The Ethyl burger, chicken fried steak or giant BLT. Decisions for restaurant before play, lol...Play is a non professional number..but good, lol...$10.. :)

Glad Beud is doing well!!

We Miss You Roger!! <3
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    We really do miss you Roger! We keep visiting Vix group for updates. So glad that your brother and sister are there with you.

I like Hawks better than snakes! I suppose that’s because I don’t view them as a threat to me. But I know they could snatch my chihuahua Spike.

I would choose the burger or BLT...I’m not a fan of chicken fried steak. Hope you enjoyed the meal and play.

For storms and fireworks, vet prescribed CBD treats. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Because work was so busy, I canceled my lunch date with friends.

Happy Friday!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger - I found six cents in the grocery store parking lot! Thought of you. Actually, I will always think of you when i find change! 👍
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!

Sorry your lunch turned into work, bummer!! Southern girl..could not turn down the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and Fried okra. The play was really good. good vocals. Things went really well until I went home. Stopped for a drink at Mcdonalds..Turned expensive. Got the front of my car clipped by a car that I think had no headlights on. It is cosmetic damage to front end and grill. I was very lucky. The car never stopped. I am fine, really freaky. Sure wish I would have gone straight home. :/

It was a long Friday.... :(

That was neat, you finding Rogers change..!! :) Glad his sister came.

I have a brunch to go to at 10 am. A little shopping to do Sat. Wish I was just staying home... :)

Hope your weekend is good..Take care. ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan - sorry about your car. Glad you’re okay and that it’s not too bad, but that is upsetting!

Boudreaux and I went on a 7-mile walk. I carried him the last 1/10th mile because he was done! He was so happy to be back in the air conditioned car. Now we’re home and he’s napping. My feet and right knee hurt. It was in the low 80s, but Boudreaux was panting heavily.

Friday night, they gave me a work task due Monday. I said I’m out of town. My brain needs a rest!!!! And k need to catch up on housework.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!!

Good for you!!! Sometimes your brain just must rest!!! & 7 miles!! My gosh girl...that is awesome!! I am so impressed!!! <3 Boudreaux did not look like a light dog!!! Bless him!!!

Brunch went well. Still need to shop. It is for church donations so I must get out!! May is getting tired of my running around!! :#

Sunshine returns...My roses are so happy!! Insurance did not seem too put out with me..Just need to get my estimate and it should be fixed in a few days. My lady though my rates would not change..we will see!!

Take care!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Boudreaux weighs 55 pounds. At the end of that hike...it was challenging to carry him. But i was worried about him.lgbxqeut0wq7.jpeg
    3nmam1vjzoqd.jpeg

One beneyof recent hikes is to understand my physical limitations. I don’t want to sign up for a walking tour that is too hard for me. Very glad that Ireland is much cooler than Texas! So that will help, but 7 miles is a safe max for me right now.

Happy for your roses to have sunshine! And hlad that insurance shouldn’t be problematic for getting your car repaired.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Bordreaux is just adorable. He would make a great cuddler!

Woke at 4 am and was on the go all day. I can barely drag to bed.

So impressed by your walking!! That is quite an achievement!! <3

Hoping for quiet day Monday! Take care!! ....Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hope you get some rest...or at least have fun to make up for the early start to your day.
    After that 7 miles walk, my knees were hurting so badly! I bought new shoes for my trip...Brooks Ghost 11 (men’s because I have wide feet). They are so comfy. Lost of shock absorbers.
    I went totally off keto for the weekend! Em and I went to Olive Garden and i ate mire carbs than i had in 2019! I felt sick. I’m back on keto today.
    Lousy work day. I think that’s not going to surprise you.
    Two weeks until vacation!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Down to 2 wks!!! That is going to go so fast!! Glad you found some comfy shoes!! I still can not believe you did 7 miles!! That is sure good practice for Ireland!! :)

I have not done well the last week. Especially the last few days. stress eating, and I know better! :(

No, not surprised about work..but then when you do have a good day.it makes me happy!! They do not know how lucky they are!!

I am going to get my estimate for my car on Tuesday. I just have to pay my deductible. I guess it could be worse. I still feel very fortunate in how everything unfolded.

I did some throwing out today while cleaning. That felt good!!

<3 Miss you Roger! Prayer going up! <3

The prayer team at my church is praying for Roger, too.

Guess I will be lonely on this site till you get back, Val... :/ Take care. <3
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Oh no, I don’t know if I’ll be able to log into MFP. I know my cell phone won’t work outside the US (Virgin Mobil doesn’t offer an international plan) but hotels have wifi...so I might be able to get in that way. I’ll try! But if not, I’ll be home late on the 26th. (I leave on the 15th.)
    I just took six 13-gallon trash bags full of clothes and stuff to Goodwill. It does feel good to organize and hand-off things we’re not using. Good job!
    I’ve been good on keto today but eating too much! Hope you get back in your healthy eating groove.
    We miss you Roger! Sending love and strength and hope! 💙
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I will be getting my car fixed on the 15th. At least it will not interfere with any plans I have, It was 93 or 94 today. but with the humidity, it makes it inthe 105 range again. It is like living in a sponge! :#

Traffic is so bad in parts of the city. Not much incentive for going out, At the house here it is blessedly very quiet!
    You really got rid of some major things!! I am afraid I did not clean that extensively.

Take care! hope you get a bit of break for the holiday!! ...Jan :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan (and Roger when you vome back). This past weekend i had eaten tons of carbs (multiple servings of fettuccini Alfredo, bread sticks, abd sugary desserts). I was afraid to see the damage kn the scale. Yesterday I was 100% keto, so today I assessed the damage. Amazingly (luckily), I’m only up one pound. I was really expecting to have gained 5 pounds. Once I broke keto, the carb cravings were tremendous. Yesterday was a little tough. Hoping today is better as i get back into ketosis.
    Today and Friday should be rather quiet at work. Lots of folks on vacation. I’m assigned to three projects but the government hasn’t released them yet...we never know exactly when before they’re released. So, I might be slammed.
    On FB I found another junior high friend. I’m enjoying reconnecting.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    If you get back on keto you will get to losing again. But you can not go too long eating carbs or all of a sudden you will gain really fast!! Good incentive to cut back!! :#

I miss Roger's steady sensible advice. He was afraid going into surgery he would be struggling more than we thought. Seems he has been in the unit a long time....

I have been kind of out of control myself. Wat too many carbs! My Dr. will have a fit when next I go!!

Great to connect with old friends!! Hope you get a bit of a rest today!! <3 Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m having a lovely 4th. I went hiking with my ladies’ group...steep hills were hard on ny knees. Then after we went to Panera. I stayed keto and we talked and laughed for 3 hours. Today’s park doesn’t allow dogs.
    We’re going to a different park on Saturday (it’s like we get two Saturday’s this week!). The next one is the 7-mile hike. This park allows dogs, but i so enjoyed going out afterwards that I’m probably going to leave Boo home.ri66lfnkyva4.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Today I worked a half-day, now I’m waiting for an oil change (2 hours so far...guess a lot of folks had this afternoon off). Tomorrow the ladies go on another hike, then Sunday we’re going to the movies. Just one more week until vacation.
    Yesterday was a miracle. For a decade I have dreaded July 4th and new years because they cause my dogs tremendous stress and I’m up all night trying to help. Vet prescribed CBD dog chews...and my dogs...the ones who always panic and freak out...were just fine! They weren’t groggy at all, they just were completely unconcerned about the fireworks. I’m amazed. I was really skeptical and now I’m just amazed and grateful. I hate seeing them stressed and panicking. We had a peaceful lovely evening.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Sounds like a huge uptick in the quality of life!! Roger would be so pleased!!! Wonderful about your walk and your group! Betting it helps you cope with work too! :)

I know you cannot wait to go on your trip!! Wish I was coming with you!! :#

That is amazing about your dogs!! The CBD apparently does the trick! Several people here swear by it!!

We had a relatively peaceful nite. A few fireworks local from 7-10ish. Then quiet.

My A/C froze around 5 pm last nite. I turned it off but no air this morning. My A/C co came this afternoon and replaced the blower. Under warranty so no charge..Lord was I happy!!!

Have a great fast week!!! <3