100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan & Roger,

Another emotionally painful day. Sunday Maggie had come over to pick up the pups saying they had meet & greets. Maggie apologized gor how mean her IM was and said she didn’t know why she did that. She said she loved me and valued our friendship...blah, blah, blah. I said that it profoundly hurt me. I wasn’t mad, just scared. I said i was not ready to go to an adoption event because she is allowing others to complain to her about me...and she’s given me no opportunity to correct anything since i am in the dark. I offered to foster the remaining pups until adoption ir vacation. She took all their things. One pup was adopted, another was returned so there are two. Maggie put out an announcement saying she is desperate for fosters. I sent an IM saying that im happy to foster the babies. OMG...then she got horribly vicious! I was in tears, unable to work. I replied what happened to that lovely driveway appology? I let her know I still have a pen and harness and asked if she’d like me to bring it to the event or whst she’d prefer. Then she blocked me on FB, and from Grumpy Puppy Rescue. I’ve never said an unkind word to her or about her. I don’t know what to think.

My friend Sue happened to call while I was crying, so i told her what was going on. We talked about Maggie’s obsession with my weight. In January when i told her I needed to lose weight, her response was “Then we can’t be friends.” I laughed assuming she was joking. She’s constantly making comments about my body. At the events she makes an ordeal about “Keep the donuts away from val” and I would politely chuckle and assure everyone that the donuts were safe and nobody needed to do anything about me and donuts. When others would offer, id just say that I already gad breakfast or im trying to cut back. It wasn’t a big deal. Sue thinks Maggie is rejecting me because I’m succeeding at weightloss. Which is odd...ive told her how many times ive failed.

Em’s doctor appointment went well. She handled the shots like a trouper! Same pediatrician since age 7.

Need to get back to work. Sirry for the long post, but I’m incredibly sad about Maggie’s change of heart.

Take care, val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi all. I’m feeling better today. Super stupidly busy at work. Worked till 9 last night. My brain was fried. Another long night tonight. Sigh.

NSV - i now comfortably wear a small FitBit band! Mine broke and i just got a replacement. Silly, but it made me happy.

We have heat warnings today! Very glad to have A/C!

Take care, val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    :)

Happy 160 logins!!! <3

Glad you are feeling better!! Be careful in that heat!! Our humidity is up to making the heat index uncomfortable at 100 degrees or more!! I would be thrilled having a smaller band for the fitbit too !! Hope you can continue those Sat. walks.

I figured Her getting those pups would be hard, and it does not surprise me she reacted again in that manner to re-hurt you. You have too kind of heart, and it is hard not helping those pups. However, I do think you need to spend a little time for you before re-committing to anything, even another rescue. And especially that rescue with her handling it. She does need to learn boundaries and not taking people for granted. Sometimes in our efforts to fix things, we make it harder for people to learn things they should. Just my opinion, of course. I believe in forgiveness, but sometimes people's hurt filled actions should be upheld with both love and accountability.

I miss Roger...he always has good perspective, lol... <3

Take care with those long nites!! :) I should be getting some meds, but I am so slow, now I guess I will go Friday!!
    Thursday is a training day at the base, and it will be storming anyway!! Hoping Texas gets no tornadoes!!! So encouraged by you!!!! ...Jan

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Congratulations Jan!c861vw695s97.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words! At 2am i was stressed, trying to understand what happened to Maggie, and since I couldn’t sleep...i got up and did something happy for Em and me! I’m trying to plan Enough activities to use our time well and see things, but also have unscheduled time to allow us to linger longer if we’re having fun or go swimming at the hotel and watch Irish TV. There is one day were we are packed with activities from 6am to 9 pm but it’s our only day in that area. That morning is the Cliffs of Mohr, afternoon Bunratty castle tour and farm, that night the banquet at Bunratty Castle (royal feast and show).
    I’m wondering how much weight I’ll gain during the trip, but not worried about it. I’m really happy and comfortable with my 2019 eating habit. I’ll try to enjoy but not do too much damage, then get back on track when i get home.
    I’m trying to plan a balance of cultural, historical, nature, and fun activities. Two lighthouses, one boat ride, two famine things, three castles, two beaches, one zoo+one farm, multiple walking tours. It is nice to have a happy thing to look forward to! I still have two days to plan...and a hundred things I’d like to do. 🤣
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Dang!! Thank you!! That was a fancy acknowledgement of my 2 lbs!!!! <3:D

Sorry you were sleepless!! But what a nice way to cope!! Your tour sounds like so much fun, and it sounds like you have done an excellent job planning!! Everything sounds so wonderful..I would not know where to begin!! The cliffs and the feast sound up my alley!! When you do go..take lots of pics!!

Well, gosh..almost Friday! I am guessing Roger is feeling the post surgery symptoms by now and the having to move after stuff. Seems like he went in a while ago, though it has not been so many days!!

I was out enough to buy dog food. It is so humid and buggy I hate to get out. I am thankful, so far our severe weather did not materialize. At least here. They could have just called for some isolated storms. I was expecting quite the day. We still may get something later tonite. Did I mention how I hate all the Alabama bugs!!?? :s

We made news again because police were trying to make an arrest at a man's house. (drugs, ect...) They were warned he had an attack squirrel he had been feeding meth. Only in Al. I swear. Follow up is he was not there, but he did go back for his squirrel the police let go who was up a tree. He said he raised it from a baby..someone found it. He did not feed it meth. "it isn't good for him." The man is making arrangements for the squirrel before he turns himself in....Al.....I swear!! :#

Take care!! ... Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    That’s a funny story about the squirrel. I hope he’s sincere about making arrangements and then turning himself in.
    I don’t know how Roger adds the feed announcements. So intook a screen shot, trimmed it, and uploaded. 😁
    I made super easy, super yummy, healthy keto soup. I chopped and cooked turkey sausage, tossed in a leftover hamburger and leftover diced chicken. Added garlic powder, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Then a sheedded head of green cabbage, and 8 cups chicken bone broth. When cabbage semi cooked, added 8 ounces or pealed sliced mushrooms. When that was all cooked, added 6 cups of fresh spinach and a cup of heavy cream...just until spinach wilted. Seriously yummy!!!tbbpqph91gta.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I had a carb day. My stomach was hurting so I kept feeding it trying to make the pain stop. Now I’m nursing a headache.
    A couple days ago my 16-year old tea kettle bit the dust. The enamel was falling off in chunks! So I bought an electric kettle...super easy. Automatic shutoff. Boils 1.5 liters in 4 minutes. Enjoying tea now.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!!

I hope you are feeling better!! Your soup looks delicious by the way! I will have to try some!! Had some noodles for 2 days so playing with those 2 lbs!! I hope the stress is not getting to you!! Relaxing is difficult when you need to.

My daughter has an electric kettle..she loves it!! The Irish have good tea!! :)

I had to keep coming in the house when planting a few flowers. Mostly because I was sweating so bad, I could not see. We had a heat advisory I did not see. Dummy me. Temps between 101-110 with the heat index. It was still 100 at 10 pm. It is SO MISERABLE and BUGGY!!!! :s Big Yuck!!

No word on the squirrel man. There is also a 10 foot python lost in some city here...thankfully not mine, lol!! We are just a wonder...our state!!

Probably need to shop for Sunday church...No idea what I am making!!

Gear up on anything needed for the pups for 4th of July!!! Always a crazy day for animals!!

Miss you Roger!! <3

Take care, Val!! Did you go walk Sat.? :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    All Friday I was really sick. Stomach ache (possibly stomach flu). I had to take the afternoon off because I was unable to work. Thus, I won’t be walking on Saturday....I’ll be working.
    That’s was too hot and humid to work outside. Be careful. Heat stress is real!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    More storms. Moved Oscar’s bed to the bathroom, where there are no windows.a3jlnmkjfttk.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon!!! Love the pictures of your babies! They seem relaxed somewhat here though in spite of the storms. You is a good mama!! <3

I have a storm cloud over my head! Makes it cooler, and it is thundering...no rain. I do need to get out to fertilize if I do not see close thunder...I know!! Like 25 miles away!! :#

The squirrels are out in force..May May is in and out, in and out trying to catch them...The door is my aerobics for the day!! Warning the squirrels to scramble I am sure helps my breathing, lol...

No cooking for Sunday!! Yay!! Everyone has decided it is too long in the day for us to be at church having small group after the 101 lunch for newcomers. Kind of happy no shopping today and I get home earlier Sunday!!

Hope work slows down a little for you!! :)

Holding at my weight.. o:) Take care!! Jan
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,087 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm from the Slower wt loss at 50 group. Just wanted to let you know that Roger is not doing well. He can use all the prayers and healing thoughts you can send him. I know we all miss him terribly, and hope he can get through this.
    Vix
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Vix- that’s crushing news. Appreciate the update. Eill keep Roger in our thoughts and prayers. Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    That is news we did not want to hear. Thank you for telling us, Vix.

Crushing is the adjective that describes it, Val. No words...

Prayers for healing Roger. Gosh we miss you... <3 Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Val,

Roger's brother had posted with a copy and paste, but it did not make it to this post, I guess. I found news on the slower wt loss at 50 that Vix mentioned. I will email you... in spite of my non tech-yness. :|
  • Buttons61
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hope work is easing up, Val! I know your week is always busy! Thanks for the e-mail!! Trying to clean house and changing light bulbs. Every one in the house is about out, lol..Hope it is not a sign.... :#

Sigh..Not sure Roger knows how much he is missed!!! <3

The grandkids have a taste for turkey...guess we are having a summer Thanksgiving!! I can handle that..

Know anything that keeps squirrels at bay? My backyard looks like a Disney cartoon!! Lots of squirrels and bright species of birds including a new fat and slow squirrel that keeps hiding in the ivy. I am afraid May will catch him...He has come rather close twice today alone but just comes back after 3 minutes. I can hardly let May out with his little camouflaging self!! Thank God said squirrel and May have tuckered themselves out finally..Driving me crazy!! :)

Off to clean...or try!! Trying spray vinegar for squirrels, lol... Take care!!! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I’m worried about Roger. I think he has an in-cling of how much people care, but he’s so humbe it’s hard to tell.
    I chuckled at your description of Disney squirrels...made me think of Chip & Dale (chipmunks) riding in a toy sailboat to get away from Donald Duck.
    My pack of dogs always fixes any vermin situation (except house mice). They welcomed house mice and waited patiently while the mice ate dog food before the dogs would take their turn.
    Work is still stupid nuts. Hopefully I’ll be done with this assignment tomorrow.
    I picked up the euros I ordered for my trip. Colorful! I showed animal control the vaccination updates for my dogs. He said he wished everyone was like me. That felt nice that someone appreciates my doing what I’m supposed to without being told.
    Heading to bed.
    Take care with the summer heat!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan and Roger (when you get back). I stumbled on my food choices and ate some sweets. Seriously nothing like I used to. Good news that I'm back on track.
    Boudreaux will have surgery tomorrow to fix a small tear in his skin. I don’t know what happened to cause it. I’ve searched the house and yard for anything sticking out.
    Work is busy. Last night I scrubbed the living room floor and rearranged the furniture. It feels good to have my living room back now that I’m out if the puppy-rescue flow.
    Need to run to a work meeting.
    Hugs, Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!!

Miss you Roger!! (like Val says..when you get back!) I had to sign in and it took me back to page one..in 2015 when you started the posts!! We must miss you because I enjoyed reading what you had to say on page one!! :)

Sorry about Bord. Hope he goes thru surgery well! They can find more things to do to themselves than we will ever know. We would say that about the horses, too! .....Sometimes you just have to have something! Good job getting right back to it!! Often the key!! :)

There was a sad post on FB from someone near Birmingham. She said her dog was out less than 30 minutes and playing this morning..an 11 month old doberman. She came in and sat on the couch (dog, not lady) and had a seizure. Owner took her to the Vet and her dog died of heat exhaustion. May has been out that long..sometimes longer and we play catch. She rests when she wants and I have some shade always and water out. She usually does not want in the first few times I offer, but gosh it was a reminder how bad the heat and humidity is..I do not know the conditions that dog had ..sun and no water, concrete would be bad..but just so scary. :/

I am glad less rescue is giving you some you time!! Funny about your dogs and mice!!! :D

Foreign money is really pretty compared to ours, lol...

Take care!! Jan