100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Enjoying the time between holidays with not much extra to do. I do have to wash clothes and clean house some, or I will not be going anywhere when the time comes !

Times must be hard! No change is really the norm!! Hard to believe no one is more careless and leaving you some money!!

The keto pizza was really good. I did eat too much. I will have to figure on saving half the crust, or making half the recipe! The thicker the crust, the more you can get a hint of the almond flour. Using bleached almond flour is the best, perhaps not as nutritious though. The thin crust tastes exactly like pizza. I should not have the pizza on the same day as the fried cauliflower rice. Too many calories and carbs. I will know for next time though!! I have lost ground between the chocolate pie and too many calories this week. But I could normally put on 10 lbs or more anyway..so I am still somewhat ahead :)

I had over 5 inches of rain yesterday and today. We had some impressive lightening too. Our girls meet was canceled because of it, though I canceled the night before as I just did not want to get up in the morning and get out. Not an early person...Everyone else has to get up early so no big deal, but really I would like to drop the group much as I love the meets. I could handle afternoons..hate to hurt their feelings! :|

Stay as warm and dry as possible!! Good articles!! ...Jan

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m plodding along. It seems like Sue (wirk buddy) and i are the only people working. This weekend will be cold and rainy so no adoption event. I love these puppies (I know I always say that...and I always mean it.) I’m frustrated with the huge gap between what my brain knows and the choices I make re eating. Im miserable being fat. Losing weight is the only thing I can do to improve my hernia ...and yet, I’m eating like it’s going out of style. 😰
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I just posted some humor, More belated Christmas humor too

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 51 degrees. The rain is gone from around 7PM, Outside everything is still soaked.

http://time.com/5489190/police-officer-deaths-rise-united-states/
    Deaths of Police Officers on Duty on the Rise in the U.S.

No Surprise to me
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2018/12/27/quitting-vaping-e-cigarette-addiction-nicotine-withdrawal-depression-anxiety-headaches/2388272002/
    Depression, anxiety, nicotine withdrawal: Trying to quit vaping 'was hell'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1063812/egyptian-curse-archaologiist-haunted-nightmare-opening-sarcophagus-spt
    Egyptian archaeologist haunted by ‘CURSED dreams’ of mummies after opening sarcophagus
    AN ARCHAEOLOGIST was left terrified after the mummy he apparently “disturbed” came back to haunt him in his dreams

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612640/universal-basic-income-had-a-rough-2018/
    Universal basic income had a rough 2018
    Some of the biggest and most promising experiments were plagued by delays and shutdowns.

No Shock IMO
    https://www.studyfinds.org/study-surgeons-make-significantly-more-mistakes-when-under-stress/
    Study: Surgeons Make Significantly More Mistakes When Under Stress

https://apnews.com/4bc29730f4b94cd294fbe8fcdb54b760
    ‘Hi, my name is ___, and I’m addicted to tech’

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/27/sears-may-need-to-liquidate-if-no-bid-comes-in-by-tomorrow.html
    Sears may be down to its last 24 hours. Iconic retailer likely liquidates if no bid comes in Friday

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Enjoying the time between holidays with not much extra to do. I do have to wash clothes and clean house some, or I will not be going anywhere when the time comes !

Times must be hard! No change is really the norm!! Hard to believe no one is more careless and leaving you some money!!

The keto pizza was really good. I did eat too much. I will have to figure on saving half the crust, or making half the recipe! The thicker the crust, the more you can get a hint of the almond flour. Using bleached almond flour is the best, perhaps not as nutritious though. The thin crust tastes exactly like pizza. I should not have the pizza on the same day as the fried cauliflower rice. Too many calories and carbs. I will know for next time though!! I have lost ground between the chocolate pie and too many calories this week. But I could normally put on 10 lbs or more anyway..so I am still somewhat ahead :)
    Hi Jan
    Speaking of cleaning clothes reminds me I need to do the Laundry, by New Years Day that way I can see the new year in with nothing on my need to do list :wink:

I am curious where the calories came in with the Pizza, The Almond Flour possibly ? I would not think from the Fried Cauliflower Rice, Unless You doused it with a sauce or lots of butter when frying.

The Holidays have been tough for weight for may years :(
    I had over 5 inches of rain yesterday and today. We had some impressive lightening too. Our girls meet was canceled because of it, though I canceled the night before as I just did not want to get up in the morning and get out. Not an early person...Everyone else has to get up early so no big deal, but really I would like to drop the group much as I love the meets. I could handle afternoons..hate to hurt their feelings! :|

Stay as warm and dry as possible!! Good articles!! ...Jan
    I heard from someone else that they had lots of rain and Thunder in the Atlanta area also. We got lucky the rain from that storm system here were I am was not super heavy and I heard and saw no lightening.

Tough decision drop and hurt their feelings while taking care of Yourself. How early do they meet.

I managed to stay 95% dry yesterday and was warm enough Friday, Today I dressed for the temperature outdoors and the breeze came up and caused a little wind chill, Oh well I managed it with no problem.

I saw this, Congratulations
    Roger

Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/28/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all. I’m plodding along. It seems like Sue (work buddy) and i are the only people working. This weekend will be cold and rainy so no adoption event. I love these puppies (I know I always say that...and I always mean it.) I’m frustrated with the huge gap between what my brain knows and the choices I make re eating. I'm miserable being fat. Losing weight is the only thing I can do to improve my hernia ...and yet, I’m eating like it’s going out of style. 😰
    Hi Val
    That does not surprise me, In any large organization there will be a few that do the majority of the work and the others who game the system to avoid work :(

The weather is not good over a lot of the country from Friday through the weekend.

I am fighting the same battle with food, I really need to buckle down with NS 100%. Good Luck for both of us.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I officially feel like a failure....I’ve regained every pound i had lost. Having a lot of stomach pain today...gasex didnt help.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Raining again, I might need to start on the ark. We have had more rain than Seattle Washington here.

Losing weight is so frustrating, no matter what method we use. It is so hard to control as we have to eat= not like we can stay away from food. I would have to say it is the hardest thing I have ever tried- and i am not successful yet.

The calories from the cauliflower rice came from frying in bacon grease! It had added egg, carrots, onion and of course bacon. The pizza crust is made with 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella and 2 oz cream cheese and the almond flour. The flour does have a lot of calories, too. I added more cheese, sauce and pepperoni. Just a bit much all in one day. I went over my calories by a little, but my carbs were high, though healthy. I dropped my water weight again. I think I can not use garlic salt..I will have to go back to plain garlic!

Val, Jenny uses a trick to get back on track. Whatever she eats she must eat a salad that fills half her plate..every meal or snack. She says after a bit the body will lean towards the better food, because of the salad.

Not sure if it works..helped her a few times..

Take care all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Once again I have posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was degrees and the walking was comfortable

https://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-tv-antennas-20181228-story.html
    TV antennas are making a comeback in the age of digital streaming

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/skip-breakfast-science-says-that-may-increase-your-type-diabetes-risk/2B8BIliPRP8tPmbUNbaUeI/
    Skip breakfast? Science says that may increase your Type 2 diabetes risk

https://www.ajc.com/news/world/consume-this-drink-breakfast-help-manage-diabetes-study-says/9eSbRN08Kyv0139MVyjaEK/
    Consume this drink at breakfast to help manage diabetes, study says

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/slice-pizza-for-breakfast-healthier-than-bowl-cereal/OjVDRXxGRXedAxhCsFlOCM/
    Is a slice of pizza for breakfast healthier than a bowl of cereal?

Really :(
    https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-first-impression-formed-just-27-seconds/
    Survey: Average Person Forms A First Impression In Just 27 Seconds!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-26/new-york-hot-dog-rabbi-to-make-qatar-kosher-at-soccer-world-cup
    New York Hot Dog Rabbi to Make Qatar Kosher for World Cup
    The rabbi who brought kosher hot dogs to New York baseball stadiums wants to help the Persian Gulf state of Qatar host Jewish fans with food they can eat at soccer’s 2022 World Cup.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I officially feel like a failure....I’ve regained every pound i had lost. Having a lot of stomach pain today...gasex didnt help.
    Hi Val
    Don't feel bad the holidays are real tough, Even without the scales confirmation I can tell I have put on Holiday weight form the way that my clothes fit :(

Once I get past the New Years Day foods I plan On buckling down and being 100% on the NS plan.

Good Luck to both of Us
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Raining again, I might need to start on the ark. We have had more rain than Seattle Washington here.

Losing weight is so frustrating, no matter what method we use. It is so hard to control as we have to eat= not like we can stay away from food. I would have to say it is the hardest thing I have ever tried- and i am not successful yet.

The calories from the cauliflower rice came from frying in bacon grease! It had added egg, carrots, onion and of course bacon. The pizza crust is made with 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella and 2 oz cream cheese and the almond flour. The flour does have a lot of calories, too. I added more cheese, sauce and pepperoni. Just a bit much all in one day. I went over my calories by a little, but my carbs were high, though healthy. I dropped my water weight again. I think I can not use garlic salt..I will have to go back to plain garlic!
    Hi Jan
    What my brother says when there is way to much rain is "Pair Them up again Noah" :smiley:

Yea, But I'd bet the bacon grease added a great flavor.
    Val, Jenny uses a trick to get back on track. Whatever she eats she must eat a salad that fills half her plate..every meal or snack. She says after a bit the body will lean towards the better food, because of the salad.

Not sure if it works..helped her a few times..

Take care all!! ...Jan
    That could work, When I eat the NS way I eat 170 grams of vegetables with lunch and dinner, I have a feeling that NS does that for the same sort of reason Jenny eats salad :smiley:

I noticed this earlier
    Congratulations
    Roger

Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/29/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The hernia pain is less today...after a day of just soup. I’ll try that salad trick. Thanks.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

That is so rough with dealing with pain and stress from your job at the same time, Val. We just cannot beat ourselves up because we ARE trying. Remember you get an A for effort!!!! :) Even though you gained again, had you not lost, you would be weighing much more than what you are now. I would guess a vegetarian diet must be a little hard also because you do consume many carbs. I can vouch that many on the keto plan can follow it because the carbs are so low, it seems to cut cravings. I have to be careful even with some sweeteners ,let alone sugars, because I get hungry after using them. It is a mixture of things usually not just one thing. I am a stress eater and carbs over 25 mg/ day make me hungry, lol!! It is not easy no matter the diet!! But do not be discouraged. Every good choice you make HAS helped!! Don't forget that!!!

I did not get home till about 3:15 from church with small group. My daughter called and we talked about an hour, and I have finally just sat and relaxed for the day. I am in my jammies and I don't care what it looks like, lol!! :#

And it has rained and misted and rained again. Tomorrow is thunderstorms and Tuesday is rain, lol :* May May is muddy and even the birds are soaking wet!! :D

Val, I sure hope you will feel better soon!!! I hope you can do a little something each day for you, as you seem to do so much for others!! I think you are pretty remarkable!!

Take care all!!! ...Jan

• RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have posted some more humor, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees and the walking was OK. On the Outbound leg the nose told me that there was a Skunk somewhere nearby.

I saw the first Christmas Tree at the curb while walking, Likely the first of many. As I was 1 block from the house on the return leg I saw 5 Deer Trotting across the road slightly ahead of where I was.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/wealthy-taxpayers-are-fleeing-these-states-droves
    Wealthy Taxpayers Are Fleeing These States in Droves
    The tax freedom exodus can be quantified by looking at interstate migration between the 25 highest-tax states and 25 lowest-tax states. In 2016, almost 600,000 people moved, on net, from the former to the latter.

https://www.cnet.com/news/centurylink-outage-that-hit-911-service-spurs-fcc-investigation/
    CenturyLink outage that hit 911 service spurs FCC investigation
    The disruption affected 911 emergency services nationwide. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai called the problem "particularly troubling" in its "breadth and duration."

https://www.apnews.com/c852e9751cd744b7a27fa9333c14d1a0
    Baltimore trying to stem decades-long disappearing actBALTIMORE (AP) — LaShelle Rollins’ rental house in West Baltimore is wedged between a line of derelict properties valued only by street gangs, drug addicts and firefighters conducting arson drills. And even though her family’s $700-a-month address sits across from a public school, they are among the only occupants of this desolate block.

http://www.philly.com/jobs/labor/i-see-no-way-out-living-paycheck-paycheck-is-disturbingly-common-20181228.html
    ‘I see no way out’: Living paycheck to paycheck is disturbingly common

https://blog.sfgate.com/ontheblock/2018/12/30/why-s-f-rents-are-likely-to-remain-the-highest-in-the-nation/
    Why S.F. rents are likely to remain the highest in the nation

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-minimum-wage-is-set-to-increase-in-21-states-13497554.php

Minimum wage set to increase in 21 states and D.C. in 2019

Have a Great New Years Eve
    ZqdyWf.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The hernia pain is less today...after a day of just soup. I’ll try that salad trick. Thanks.
    Hi Val
    I overate the Homemade Pea Soup the other day and even after what my brother and I ate we still have 1.5 quarts in the Refrigerator. It was tasty, possibly a bit high in carbs, but so tasty.

Congratulations on the lowered pain, I hope it clears up entirely really quick.

Q30Jyc.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

That is so rough with dealing with pain and stress from your job at the same time, Val. We just cannot beat ourselves up because we ARE trying. Remember you get an A for effort!!!! :) Even though you gained again, had you not lost, you would be weighing much more than what you are now. I would guess a vegetarian diet must be a little hard also because you do consume many carbs. I can vouch that many on the keto plan can follow it because the carbs are so low, it seems to cut cravings. I have to be careful even with some sweeteners ,let alone sugars, because I get hungry after using them. It is a mixture of things usually not just one thing. I am a stress eater and carbs over 25 mg/ day make me hungry, lol!! It is not easy no matter the diet!! But do not be discouraged. Every good choice you make HAS helped!! Don't forget that!!!
    Hi Jan
    exactly what I believe, To many carbs lead to virtually irresistible cravings. I stopped worrying until next year, Wednesday than it is back 100% on my diet plan. My brother is planning on snacks to see the new year in and then tomorrow there is Left over Ham, Turkey, Stuffing and more. To the Good we did decide on no Dessert for the New Years Feast :wink:
    I did not get home till about 3:15 from church with small group. My daughter called and we talked about an hour, and I have finally just sat and relaxed for the day. I am in my jammies and I don't care what it looks like, lol!! :#

And it has rained and misted and rained again. Tomorrow is thunderstorms and Tuesday is rain, lol :* May May is muddy and even the birds are soaking wet!! :D

Val, I sure hope you will feel better soon!!! I hope you can do a little something each day for you, as you seem to do so much for others!! I think you are pretty remarkable!!

Take care all!!! ...Jan
    You and many others, I see them coming to curb in the morning to put the garbage and recycling out or as late as noon to bring in the empties and still in their PJs.

I ended up putting a squirrel proofing collar on the pole to keep the tree rats from defeating some how the squirrel proof feeder and emptying it in one day, They also figured out how to open the Suet cage and drop that food to the ground and eat it up. Clever little Vermin IMO.

Have a Happy & Healthy upcoming New Year
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good morning,

You are so good to do your walking so faithfully Roger! 28 degrees makes me shiver just thinking about it!! I think we are due for colder weather about Thursday. It is grey and wet, but no rain at present. It is in the 60's during the day, but the dampness makes it seem much colder!!

Those squirrels can be very ingenious sometimes, can't they? May May almost got one yesterday. he /she likes to take a short cut into the fenced part of the yard...you would think said squirrel would avoid the area!! There are two small trees that barely support his weight. May May noticed him out there and he ran up the tree. He was so agitated he kept running up and down the tree, and made a flying leap towards the fence onto the ground. He scooted thru the fence with May May's nose right on his furry behind...I thought he was a goner. It would take him about 10 seconds longer to bypass the whole area in big safe trees outside the fence..little butt!!!! Stopped my heart!! :|

I am finally defrosting my turkey and having it for new year's day, with some keto cornbread dressing. I am back in my better 10 lb mark, not sure what was up with my 6-7 lb gain for a few days...sugar carb from the holiday I guess and the garlic salt. Screwy, but still moving downward, though ever so slow!!

Baltimore story was sad. I sure feel sorry for people nowadays. Regular people can hardly make ends meet even in a good paying job. And taxes are just terrible on the regular folk, not to mention food prices. I have a tough time staying in budget..and taking money from my mutual fund kills me. It is my go to fund for larger house repairs and taxes. My roof is looking kind of dismal here lately too. :/

I am enjoying the space between Christmas and New Years. It seems rather peaceful. :)

I hear a few raindrops..guess it will spit out and shower thru out the day!! :)

I hope you all have a very safe and prosperous New Year filled with good things!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Wishing you both the most wonderful 2019!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I shall be posting more humor in a couple of minutes :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 52 degrees and the walking was OK. The overnight rain had ended when I left the house, Everything was Wet with Puddles all over.

From one of my Christmas gifts a trivia Desktop 2019 365 day calendar.
    The first Nobel peace prize was awarded in 1901, Who received it ?
    Two recipients shared it. Henry Dunant, founder of the Red Cross and Frederic Passey a free trade economist who founded the first French Peace Society
    I included this one as a example and it will likely be the only one FWIW.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/26/richard-grensteds-kids-hit-100000-social-security-/
    Social Security hits kids with $100,000 bill after 'dead' father turns up alive 47 years later
    Wife, daughters received benefits after father faked death to run off with mistress
    Less Intimidating ?
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/26/tsa-making-conscious-effort-to-use-less-intimidati/
    TSA making 'conscious effort' to use less intimidating 'floppy ear dogs'

This is something I find disturbing
    https://www.axios.com/retailers-ban-paper-cash-sweetgreen-dig-inn-starbucks-a94172f1-db08-466c-9647-c4b63f9b9b29.html
    More retailers are banning cash

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cyberattack-by-foreign-entity-halts-deliveries-los-angeles-times-newspapers-1171996
    Cyberattack by Foreign Entity Halts Deliveries of Los Angeles Times, Other Newspapers

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/dec/29/paiutes-sell-most-expensive-pot-product-to-date-at/
    A marijuana specialty product sold for a record price of $11,000 Friday night at a mega-dispensary on tribal land near downtown Las Vegas.
    Paiutes sell most expensive pot product to date at Las Vegas dispensary

Have a Great New Years Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

You are so good to do your walking so faithfully Roger! 28 degrees makes me shiver just thinking about it!! I think we are due for colder weather about Thursday. It is grey and wet, but no rain at present. It is in the 60's during the day, but the dampness makes it seem much colder!!

Those squirrels can be very ingenious sometimes, can't they? May May almost got one yesterday. he /she likes to take a short cut into the fenced part of the yard...you would think said squirrel would avoid the area!! There are two small trees that barely support his weight. May May noticed him out there and he ran up the tree. He was so agitated he kept running up and down the tree, and made a flying leap towards the fence onto the ground. He scooted thru the fence with May May's nose right on his furry behind...I thought he was a goner. It would take him about 10 seconds longer to bypass the whole area in big safe trees outside the fence..little butt!!!! Stopped my heart!! :|
    Hi Jan
    If You think of squirrels as Destructive Rodents which they are since they are in the same family as Rats, Just with a Cuter tail then...

BTW You do not want them in a attic or any part of Your house, They chew up anything including the Electrical Wiring. I had a Wood Lamp made by Dad In the back Yard shed to hold onto and they got in there and chewed the heck out of the wood and wiring :(

They can run/walk along things That You would swear they could not.
    I am hopeful, Knock Wood, that the collar on the post keeps them away from the Birdfeeder and the Suet That is there for the woodpeckers.
    I am finally defrosting my turkey and having it for new year's day, with some keto cornbread dressing. I am back in my better 10 lb mark, not sure what was up with my 6-7 lb gain for a few days...sugar carb from the holiday I guess and the garlic salt. Screwy, but still moving downward, though ever so slow!!

Baltimore story was sad. I sure feel sorry for people nowadays. Regular people can hardly make ends meet even in a good paying job. And taxes are just terrible on the regular folk, not to mention food prices. I have a tough time staying in budget..and taking money from my mutual fund kills me. It is my go to fund for larger house repairs and taxes. My roof is looking kind of dismal here lately too. :/

I am enjoying the space between Christmas and New Years. It seems rather peaceful. :)

I hear a few raindrops..guess it will spit out and shower thru out the day!! :)

I hope you all have a very safe and prosperous New Year filled with good things!! ...Jan
    Whee, Fresh cooked Turkey, We have Vacuum sealed and frozen Turkey and Ham for the New Years Day meal with Bread Stuffing and a bag of Homemade Turkey Gravy also both Vacuum sealed.

The New Years Eve snacks that had been Vacuum sealed last New Years were Unbagged and Baked and came out as fresh as the Day they Were Sealed. The best one of the 5 types was the Pigs in a Blanket, followed by the Potato Puffs and the Potato and Spinach ones. I had one each of the Spicy Beef Turnover and the Buffalo Chicken in Pastry. Crust was so tasty and Flaky that we both ate too many since there were 5 of each type for each of us.
    Oh well, At least New Years Eve only comes once a Year :wink:

Water weight is my Guess as the reason, Carbs and sodium both make a person retain water.

In New York City the $15 minimum wage takes effect today. There is no way that will not drive up prices. Then as a double whammy for businesses the Single Use Foam ban is taking effect. The alternatives are all costlier. In my opinion a minimum wage job is a starter job and should not be a wage that is considered a living wage. One of the large impacts of the $15 an hour minimum is to devalue the money coming in to people on a fixed income such as Social Security as it drives prices up and It will, Repeat will cause job loss too. It is a feel good thing only.

Keto Cornbread sounds good by itself with butter melting into it, As a Dressing AKA stuffing never having had except in a frozen meal entree that I do not know.

So far it is a dismal, gloomy looking day despite the rain having ended on schedule overnight.

Stay Warm and Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Wishing you both the most wonderful 2019!
    Hi Val
    Thank You the wishes, I hope we all have a Wonderful and healthy year.

I also Noticed this
    Congratulations
    Roger

hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 2.6 lbs since last weighing in!