100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. There is/was Snow in the northwest corner of NJ and rain for much of the state. There was a light rain falling, near a drizzle TBH that slowly lightened up while I was walking. I mailed some bill payments off today, With the Holiday I figured getting them going was a good thing even though the one I wrote out is not due until the 8th.

Lots to do today, finish wrapping presents, My Brother decided on Mince Meat Pie, Modern no meat version, Hard Boil the Eggs for Deviled Eggs, Pre Bake the Asparagus Spears and Brussels Sprouts and more.

BTW My brother pointed it out to me, The scene they showed on TV of Mary Poppins sliding out of the sky, if You look closely You can see the wire she is descending on from upper left to lower right, Careless editing or to cheap to reshoot so they left it in.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/postal-service-prayer-deliver-us-fiscal-doom
    Postal Service Prayer: Deliver Us From Fiscal Doom

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-21/amazons-creepy-facial-recognition-doorbell-will-surveil-entire-neighborhood-peoples
    Amazon's Creepy Facial Recognition Doorbell Will Surveil Entire Neighborhood From People's Front Doors

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Why-drug-testing-at-work-is-the-new-don-t-ask-13485537.php

Why drug testing at work 'is the new don't ask, don't tell'

https://www.heraldcourier.com/news/a-grinch-steals-thousands-of-dollars-of-christmas-trees/article_e19c39a5-7b17-5339-92fa-4cb829179d0f.html
    A Grinch steals thousands of dollars of Christmas trees

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Yikes, what mornings we are having!! I skipped the church breakfast to sleep more, but got there to put the communion where it needed to be and do some dishes. That seemed a good swap to me, lol!! Really nice service, the best being plunged in darkness, and all of us lighting each others little candles, pretty special.. :)

Monday we go to my son's for Xmas, dinner and presents and cookie making. I expect us all to be pooped. Tuesday I am watching Hallmark Movies and Christmas movies with May May all day..and not doing a thing except eat stuffed cabbage and keto mashed potatoes,,the good ones and celebrating Peace. lol...
    Hi Jan
    Hallmark Movies from what I understand are popular for being feel good movies. I watch some of them, a few Christmas and some of the Mystery ones. They never leave You feeling depressed.

Stuffed Cabbage would depend on the stuffing IMO. Keto Mashed Potatoes, How ?
    Val, I so empathize with you!! I hope you feel better, especially for Christmas!! Hopefully Simon's family will be patient, It is hard if you are not too familiar with dogs and of course depending on the pup. Hope it works out. Glad Theo is settling in with his family. My daughter came down with her Christmas cold- right in time for Christmas..and she can not taste a thing and feels less than great today. Luckily, Friday and today was her "worser days!"..Murphy's law!!!! :#

Roger, sorry for the cold!! Hardly anyone is having a white Christmas..we can not swim.. but we are warm, lol!!

Loved about Uranus..really interesting!!

I do need to wrap some, but only about 5 things..could be worse!!

Have a great Christmas Eve! <3 Take care!! ...Jan
    The way You said Her Christmas Cold makes it sound like a annual event :smiley:

I'm back, Your comment about wrapping somethings reminded me so I went and wrapped My Brothers Christmas Gift before I forgot again. One more to wrap, I hope it comes early as it is out for delivery today, The tracking number looks like it is on a Amazon Delivery Truck. Wish me luck.

I got him this one. Heavy and large package packed in the box from the maker that amazon shipped it in with rigid foam packaging.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050ELWJO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Design Toscano Model T at the Service Station Authentic Foundry Cast Iron Mechanical Bank
    by Design Toscano

Dimensions: 7"Wx4"Dx7"H 6 lbs.
    Quality foundry cast iron collectible crafted using age old techniques
    Each piece is individually hand-painted by our artisans
    Fully functional bank is a fun collectible an educational tool to teach the importance of saving
    A working mechanical bank

I have already been bad today, I stopped at the Local Deli and had a Breakfast Sandwich, Sausage, Egg and Cheese on Rye Toast, Two Eggs and Cheese and one Sausage in it. Probably a ton of calories too, OTOH it was so tasty and tempting :(

It's tough staying 100% to plan with the trifecta of Holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years

Have a Merry Christmas
    Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi. Merry Christmas Eve! I’ve been busy at work...funny that nobody marked the calendar for taking the day off yet they don’t answer their phones. I slept most of Sunday and no dizziness today.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!! :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    3d02slf0tpz6.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor has been posted and some cat themed

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees.

Our Ham is 13 Plus pounds and at a cost of $0.99 per pound makes it a good price and sizable enough to leave plenty of Leftovers. As I see it the cooking time should be somewhere between 3.5 hours and 4.5 hours. Since our main meal will be around noontime it will need to go into the oven shortly so as to have time to rest after being cooked. That resting time will leave enough time to bake a Loaf of Beer Bread.

It's that time of Year :wink:
    The USAF Band - 2014 Holiday Flash Mob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vniBBT7nRJg

U.S. Air Force Band - 2017 Holiday Flash Mob at Gaylord National
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjLny-nXo8

U.S. Air Force Band flash mob
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT62VoH62hw

Huh, Why not both ?
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-ridiculous-santa-claus-myth-should-be-replaced-by-the-amazing-true-story-of-st-nicholas
    The ridiculous Santa Claus myth should be replaced by the amazing true story of St. Nicholas

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/the-exodus-of-new-york-citys-endangered-middle-class/
    The exodus of New York City’s endangered middle class

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/12/22/hutchins-fedex-employees-stole-nearly-50000-phones-paid-security-guard-manager-look-away-cops-say
    FedEx workers caught looting packages at Texas hub had 94 phones, Apple Watch, cops say

https://nypost.com/2018/12/09/why-no-hate-here-signs-are-actually-pretty-hateful/
    Why ‘No Hate Here’ signs are actually pretty hateful

kEYswR.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi. Merry Christmas Eve! I’ve been busy at work...funny that nobody marked the calendar for taking the day off yet they don’t answer their phones. I slept most of Sunday and no dizziness today.
    Hi Val
    I hope they are taking the day off and just forgot to post it, I'm glad to hear Your Sunday was good.

Good Luck being off
    Roger
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!! :)
    Hi Jan
    I did not sleep well last night Christmas Eve. I blame it on the evening foods I ate, 1/2 a Pepperoni, Sausage and Extra Cheese Pizza my Brother ordered and picked up fortunately the Side Dish of Sausage was tasty and probably low in Carbs, I also ate 6 of the smaller Onion Rings he ordered. I was so bad at resisting temptation when we had our traditional Christmas Eve Meal :(

The Ham has been Rinsed off, Just in case and is in the oven now so it can Rest after cooking before being sliced into, The Potatoes still need to boiled and looked at to see if they can be boiled Skin on or need peeling. Mashed Potatoes with the Skin on are fine for me FWIW. The Sprouts and Asparagus are baked and just need reheating, the Eggs are hard boiled for the Deviled Eggs too.

Thank You for the Christmas wishes
    Interesting picture. I wonder where they got all the different dogs to pose for that picture ?

Have a Merry Christmas
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am totally exhausted from celebrating Christmas with my son and family yesterday!! And I am thankful to be able to have done it and shared it!! My plan of wrapping early never works, so I was wrapping on Sunday night. :D I made an extra trip to the store late Sunday for what I could bring to said son. Bless his heart, he shopped Sunday afternoon and emailed me Sunday night what I could bring. I had just been to the store, had a late lunch, sat to rest to wrap, and had to get out again and shop again. Bless kids that do not know mamas get old, lol.. God love him!!
    But it came together and we had a great time. I left around 11 30 am and did not get home till 9 pm. I could use something a little shorter though..getting old!! My knees are shot making trips to the car to get things there. But lots of people do not get to visit at all, so I am mindful of that!! :)

It was kind of cool... Andy had bought a sous vide machine, not the correct spelling I am sure. He put a roast in. You set the temp you want for the roast to come out how you want. The roast is in a bag, which is placed in a pan of water. The machine then swirls the water at the correct temp, which he did for like 8 hours, and you have a roast done perfectly at medium, that tasted like a prime rib. It was beyond juicy and tender. Next time he wants to quick brown the meat after cooking just to get a browner gravy made from the bag drippings and have a few crunchy bits, but it was really good. I would probably not go to the trouble, but lots of chefs do use them.. and I will say, it made the cut of meat great restaurant quality. Live and learn!! I brought green beans, the only veg the girls like just about, and roasted carrots, which I seemed the person who really went over my carbs with!! LOL! I brought my roasted mashed cauliflower potatoes for me and Jenny, some yeast rolls, i skipped. And 5 lbs of potatoes for real mashed potatoes which I had a tiny spoonful of. The girls were kind and let me bite off a small piece of their sugar cookie. I had a reg, piece of dessert which was chocolate mouse in chocolate crust with cherries on the mousse, covered in chocolate ganache. Not keto, and NOT sorry, lol... :#

I m hoping I can walk enough today for my stuffed cabbages, lol... I am using the Birds Eye mashed cauliflower with some butter and a spoon of ricotta cheese added. It tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. The meat will be ground pork, with a little, ground beef, some onion, and garlic, with a little riced cauliflower to mimic the rice part. The cabbage rolls will simmer in tomato soup,which should really make all the cauliflower taste like rice. I am going to cheat a little and add some real brown sugar, and an apple slice to get the homemade effect..not a strict keto..but close enough!! (old polish family recipe..).. :)

Loved all the Merry Christmas pictures from you techy people and the AF band!! <3

Hope everyone felt well,and had a yummy and peaceful day!! Take care!!! ...Jan B) (low 35 and high 60, lol..)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted more humor, I liked the Mort the Frog ones

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 31 degrees. My first Coffee stop had not reopened from their holiday hours, Oops, I thought about what to do and ended up at a Dunkin Donuts that was open so I did get my Coffee. Later today the leftover Ham will be broken down and much of it Vacuum Sealed and Frozen for future use.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/americas/fake-colombian-priest-unmasked-after-18-years
    Fake Colombian priest unmasked after 18 years

https://www.pewtrusts.org/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2018/12/21/wheres-the-beef-burgers-must-be-meat-ranchers-say
    Where’s the Beef? Burgers Must Be Meat, Ranchers Say
    Food labels such as “veggie burgers” and “Tofurky” prompted a new Missouri law making it illegal to stick meat-like names on products that aren’t made from meat — pitting cattlemen against vegetarians in a food fight poised to spread across the country.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/22/selfie-wrist-injuries-doctor-says/
    Growing Number Of ‘Selfie Wrist’ Injuries Diagnosed, Doctor Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/24/travel/rome-pollution-trash.html
    Rome in Ruins
    Some worry that the city is in danger of becoming a dump. Not a “rubbish heap of history,” or a precious junkyard of antiquities, but an actual garbage dump.

https://www.apnews.com/2bf879bbdabc4d038fed74cc1b0f4926
    Harnessed horse unearthed in ancient stable near Pompeii

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am totally exhausted from celebrating Christmas with my son and family yesterday!! And I am thankful to be able to have done it and shared it!! My plan of wrapping early never works, so I was wrapping on Sunday night. :D I made an extra trip to the store late Sunday for what I could bring to said son. Bless his heart, he shopped Sunday afternoon and emailed me Sunday night what I could bring. I had just been to the store, had a late lunch, sat to rest to wrap, and had to get out again and shop again. Bless kids that do not know mamas get old, lol.. God love him!!
    But it came together and we had a great time. I left around 11 30 am and did not get home till 9 pm. I could use something a little shorter though..getting old!! My knees are shot making trips to the car to get things there. But lots of people do not get to visit at all, so I am mindful of that!! :)
    Hi Jan
    I was wrapping the final Christmas Gift early Christmas Eve after it was delivered.

That is a long day, I can see why You were tired. Have You thought about knee replacements or some of the injections that can also help. Mom had the injections, they were well over $1000 per injection and they did help, Luckily She had the NJ PAAD plan were she only paid $5 no matter what the prescription cost.

She did end up having both knees replaced and that restored her mobility after a period of recuperation in a rehab center.

I'm not surprised, all kids think their Parent(s) are indestructible :wink:
    It was kind of cool... Andy had bought a sous vide machine, not the correct spelling I am sure. He put a roast in. You set the temp you want for the roast to come out how you want. The roast is in a bag, which is placed in a pan of water. The machine then swirls the water at the correct temp, which he did for like 8 hours, and you have a roast done perfectly at medium, that tasted like a prime rib. It was beyond juicy and tender. Next time he wants to quick brown the meat after cooking just to get a browner gravy made from the bag drippings and have a few crunchy bits, but it was really good. I would probably not go to the trouble, but lots of chefs do use them.. and I will say, it made the cut of meat great restaurant quality. Live and learn!! I brought green beans, the only veg the girls like just about, and roasted carrots, which I seemed the person who really went over my carbs with!! LOL! I brought my roasted mashed cauliflower potatoes for me and Jenny, some yeast rolls, i skipped. And 5 lbs of potatoes for real mashed potatoes which I had a tiny spoonful of. The girls were kind and let me bite off a small piece of their sugar cookie. I had a reg, piece of dessert which was chocolate mouse in chocolate crust with cherries on the mousse, covered in chocolate ganache. Not keto, and NOT sorry, lol... :#
    Your spelling is correct. I am thinking that the Sous Vide works best with a vacuum sealed Bag from watching on the TV Cooking shows, Vacuum sealing helps infuse any seasonings into the meat. I guess You could use any waterproof bag of course.

I had thought about getting one for here, to save Counter space I was looking at something like this
    https://www.amazon.com/ChefSteps-Joule-Watts-White-Stainless/dp/B01M8MMLBI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545824548&sr=8-3&keywords=sous+vide

if I had the counter space this looked good
    https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Stainless-Steel-Temperature-Vegetables/dp/B077SGSRCV/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1545824548&sr=8-19&keywords=sous+vide
    Dash Chef Series Stainless Steel Sous Vide, 8.5 Quart, Temperature Control for Steak/Poultry/Seafood/Vegetables

It was a Holiday Meal, I know I blew any resemblance to a diet Yesterday and Christmas Eve. New years Day will easier as it will be leftovers from the Thanksgiving and Christmas meals :smiley:

That Chocolate Mousse sounds really tasty to, I'm glad we did not have that here. The Mince Meat Pie was good but I can control myself with it.
    I m hoping I can walk enough today for my stuffed cabbages, lol... I am using the Birds Eye mashed cauliflower with some butter and a spoon of ricotta cheese added. It tastes a lot like mashed potatoes. The meat will be ground pork, with a little, ground beef, some onion, and garlic, with a little riced cauliflower to mimic the rice part. The cabbage rolls will simmer in tomato soup,which should really make all the cauliflower taste like rice. I am going to cheat a little and add some real brown sugar, and an apple slice to get the homemade effect..not a strict keto..but close enough!! (old polish family recipe..).. :)

Loved all the Merry Christmas pictures from you techy people and the AF band!! <3

Hope everyone felt well,and had a yummy and peaceful day!! Take care!!! ...Jan B) (low 35 and high 60, lol..)
    FWIW Mom always used only Ground Beef in the homemade Stuffed Cabbages :wink:

Interesting, That old Polish Recipe. Here on the Cable News Channel pre Christmas they were covering traditional Holday meals, That would be the Italian Feast of the Seven Fish and Polish with Kielbasa, Long lines at the stores for both. The Butcher mad kielbasa looked so good :wink:

I felt that The AF Bands were nice, if possibly to many ?

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am still recuperating..how sad is that!! I had to get out to get my med refills at the base...how sad is that!! That is all I did, too!! I stopped and treated myself at Burger King with a cheese Whopper and threw away the bun. It did kill me to do that,,but stayed keto. First one in over three months. It was pretty good even without the bun.. :D

I am making pizza tonite if I do not fade out and may finally take out my turkey to defrost for eating for a few days.

Those sous vide machines were neat, but since I have the crock pot and pressure cooker, I will probably not invest. I liked both models, though I am always short of counter space too.

I indulged myself..but heck it was Xmas! I had some dark chocolate and walnuts last nite that put me over my calories...but heck..you have to celebrate!

Can you ever have too many bands, lol? :#

Jenny is still sick and sounds awful. You were perceptive!! It IS an every Christmas event. Due to the thirty degree weather temp fluctuations we have here often and the terrible allergies of Alabama...

I intend to rest till at least New Years, hopefully. No church Weds...so no guilt!!

Behave and enjoy the extended holidays!!

Val, hope you had some Christmas break and all is well!! Kiss the pups from me!!! <3 ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi. I took Christmas off work...slept modt of the day with a fever. No fever today but not 100%. Overloaded with work. Watching Downton Abbey with Emily. She took pity on her old mom! 😄 we have a tornado watch until 2am.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    No tornados here. They first said 8 then 9, then ... until 2. Because I wanted to be ready to comfort my dogs, i stayed up waiting. Then the pups got up at 3. Now it’s 4 and I’m having horrendous heartburn. I’ve been having worsening heartburn from my hiatal hernia...I’d bet my ulcers are worse. Plus felt hot then cold again and again throughout the night.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I already posted humor this morning

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 31 degrees. I did see a single deer less than 2 blocks from the house as I was heading out.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2018/02/22/alcohol-near-me/362510002/
    Alcohol and coffee can help you live past 90, study says

https://www.timesofisrael.com/misplaced-2000-year-old-ring-discovered-in-jerusalems-city-of-david/
    Misplaced 2,000-year-old ring discovered in Jerusalem’s City of David
    Unearthed in excavation of the monumental Pilgrims’ Path, the Second Temple-era adornment likely fell after use of a ritual bath, say archaeologists

https://www.france24.com/en/20181225-britain-bans-puppy-kitten-sales-pet-shops
    Britain bans puppy and kitten sales by pet shops

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/12/what-its-like-to-deliver-packages-for-amazon/578986/
    I Used to Write for Sports Illustrated. Now I Deliver Packages for Amazon.
    There’s a certain novelty, after decades at a legacy media company, in playing for the team that’s winning big.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/article223524695.html
    Monstrous creature ‘turned its head and looked straight at our car,’ Kentucky woman says

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am still recuperating..how sad is that!! I had to get out to get my med refills at the base...how sad is that!! That is all I did, too!! I stopped and treated myself at Burger King with a cheese Whopper and threw away the bun. It did kill me to do that,,but stayed keto. First one in over three months. It was pretty good even without the bun.. :D

I am making pizza tonite if I do not fade out and may finally take out my turkey to defrost for eating for a few days.

Those sous vide machines were neat, but since I have the crock pot and pressure cooker, I will probably not invest. I liked both models, though I am always short of counter space too.

I indulged myself..but heck it was Xmas! I had some dark chocolate and walnuts last nite that put me over my calories...but heck..you have to celebrate!

Can you ever have too many bands, lol? :#
    Hi Jan
    I am sure You will bounce back shortly.

I do a lot except that I often just get the Whopper no cheese and also throw the bun away and eat the Vegetables as a side dish and lightly salt the Burger and eat it like a Chopped Steak, If they are running a promotion I might get two of them save one for later that day or the next day, Color me Cheap (frugal), However I never pinched a penny so hard that Lincoln threw up so there may be hope for me yet.

I have a Crock Pot and a Rice maker and both live in the cabinet under the built in oven. No Pressure cooker, No more room under there for another appliance and no spare counter space.

Thin Crust or Keto Recipe Dough for the Pizza ? We had a regular Pizza for Christmas Eve, Some sort of food as a treat is a tradition. The Meatball side my brother had looked good and the Sliced Sausage Side dish I had was tasty too.

Is the Turkey Cooked or Raw ? I have a Flying Saucer, my word for the reused Chinese Take out container full of Turkey for the New Years day Meal to go along with the leftover Ham, Also I see a small package of Vacuum Sealed Stuffing, Temptation, get thee behind me.

Better Dark Chocolate than Milk Chocolate so good Going.

I thought was enough bands, BTW here is a non seasonal Music Video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILNDWCLVnpw
    The fabulous Orchestra of Opera North appear from various corners of Trinity Leeds (UK) to perform a rip-roaring version of Ravel's famous Bolero, to the surprise of shoppers.
    Jenny is still sick and sounds awful. You were perceptive!! It IS an every Christmas event. Due to the thirty degree weather temp fluctuations we have here often and the terrible allergies of Alabama...

I intend to rest till at least New Years, hopefully. No church Weds...so no guilt!!

Behave and enjoy the extended holidays!!

Val, hope you had some Christmas break and all is well!! Kiss the pups from me!!! <3 ...Jan
    I hope She gets well quickly, Has She been seen by a doctor. I wonder how much temperature swings effect people if they are dressed properly. Alabama has lots of allergy causing things ? I had not heard of that before.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi. I took Christmas off work...slept most of the day with a fever. No fever today but not 100%. Overloaded with work. Watching Downton Abbey with Emily. She took pity on her old mom! 😄 we have a tornado watch until 2am.
    Hi Val
    As well You should take off from work on Christmas Day.

Binge watching Downton Abbey ? That is something I never watched. Much of the year to much to watch or else very little, oh well.
    No tornadoes here. They first said 8 then 9, then ... until 2. Because I wanted to be ready to comfort my dogs, i stayed up waiting. Then the pups got up at 3. Now it’s 4 and I’m having horrendous heartburn. I’ve been having worsening heartburn from my hiatal hernia...I’d bet my ulcers are worse. Plus felt hot then cold again and again throughout the night.
    Well the good news is no Tornadoes, The bad is the lack of sleep just in case :(

Yikes a double header, hernia and ulcers. I know that the hernia bothers my brother, despite that and the fact the it would cost nothing he will not get it treated. Some mornings My stomach bothers me too, Why I have not pinned down, sometimes food helps and sometime it does not. You have My sympathy if that bothers you let alone daily.

The feeling hot and cold sounds as if You still have something lingering from whatever caused the fever.

dbrp1E.jpg
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Awww!!

Cute get well doggies!!! Val, sorry you are feeling poorly. Glad you took Christmas Day off!! Hope you can get over everything soon!! <3

Alabama is a bad state for year around allergies.

Loved the Pompeii story the other day... The U.K. Bolero was great! I loved how the orchestra just kind of dripped in! I am assuming the fake lizard costume is not helping the creature sighting for that article. :D I do think something is out there, lol..just not that! :#

I had cream cheese pieces dipped in walnuts for dinner. Too tired to cook properly! Pizza today, hopefully. The recipe is a first so I will probably just see what happens when I roll the dough for thickness, lol. I like thin or thick, so no matter!! :)

We will be getting rain, rain, and more rain, as well as the rest of the nation. Val, I hope your nasty weather is over!!Sounds like you put in a miserable night with little sleep!

Hope everyone still has a chance to grab some holiday time this week!

Take care!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More Humor was just posted including some Weather related and late running Christmas humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 43 degrees. The rain in the forecast has arrived on schedule as far as I can tell. It is a light but steady rain at the moment with heavy rain predicted for later in the morning during the rush hour.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-us-air-force-is-headed-for-a-crash-too-many-old-planes-not-enough-cash
    The U.S. Air Force Is Headed for a Crash: Too Many Old Planes, Not Enough Cash

https://apnews.com/c109e32e9265488b8532e2cbbbb79cde
    Potholes, water woes: New Orleans seeks more of tourist tax

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/25/oldest-working-barber/
    107-Year-Old NY Man Is Oldest Working Barber In The World

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/hospital-prices-are-about-public/2jXYHgoR5CObBj6fSJQQUO/
    Hospital prices are about to go public

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/26/paleo-keto-fasting-diets/
    Pros And Cons Of Paleo, Keto And Fasting Diets

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Awww!!

Cute get well doggies!!! Val, sorry you are feeling poorly. Glad you took Christmas Day off!! Hope you can get over everything soon!! <3

Alabama is a bad state for year around allergies.

Loved the Pompeii story the other day... The U.K. Bolero was great! I loved how the orchestra just kind of dripped in! I am assuming the fake lizard costume is not helping the creature sighting for that article. :D I do think something is out there, lol..just not that! :#
    Hi Jan
    That was a fairly easy to find believe it or not.

I loved the Bolero video.

IMO too many sightings all over the world to not have a grain of truth in them. Bigfoot, the Yeti etc.
    I had cream cheese pieces dipped in walnuts for dinner. Too tired to cook properly! Pizza today, hopefully. The recipe is a first so I will probably just see what happens when I roll the dough for thickness, lol. I like thin or thick, so no matter!! :)

We will be getting rain, rain, and more rain, as well as the rest of the nation. Val, I hope your nasty weather is over!!Sounds like you put in a miserable night with little sleep!

Hope everyone still has a chance to grab some holiday time this week!

Take care!! ...Jan
    I never had Cream Cheese and Walnuts like that, I can see where it could be Keto.

I love a Thin Crispy Crust Pizza on the other hand I also like a
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicilian_pizza
    Sicilian pizza

Sicilian pizza is pizza prepared in a manner that originated in Sicily, Italy. In the United States, the phrase Sicilian pizza is often synonymous with thick-crust pizza derived from the Sicilian sfincione

Not to mention being Rectangular here and available with all the usual Pizza Toppings

I saw the weather forecast showing You area, Yuck, Then You decided to share it with us :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
    Feel Better quickly