Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I’m elated that you’re enjoying the Shuffle! Good luck on avoiding shopping temptation. The year-end is coming quickly! Emily is sick (fever, congestion), so no school today. With her classes (multiple AP plus calculus and chemistry), it’s so easy to fall behind in just a day. I’m elated at how well the pups have responded to regular cuddling...now they act like regular pups and climb all over us giving kisses and wagging tails. Much more adoptable when they want human attention!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

Not too high tech of a solution there with your floor bubble. I hope it works well so there are no further problems. You are too chilly for me!! We are below freeing though yesterday afternoon it warmed up some in the 50's with some sunshine. It seemed like a cool fall day till the sun went down. I did get some major cleaning done. Always a plus. My calories have been a little high, so I think I managed to stop my weight loss some..always something!!

I am waiting on the plumber today. Hope this leak is an easy fix. You never know..

I would have ordered Chinese just like you!! Love all their fried bad for me things, lol!! Do you all do something special for Christmas dinner?

Val, Glad your boss was quiet!! And you had a good day!! :) Good luck with the puppy event!!

Roger, have you tried your miracle noodles yet?? I did not get mine as dried as I would have liked...but I was hungry!! They were right about one thing...the smell did go away. I was surprised. They caused a temporary weight gain for me...then gone.

Hope Em feels better soon!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    The event tonight was at a country restaurant with snow in the parking lot and santa and lots of drunk adults and undisciplined unsupervised spoiled greedy children running and screaming everywhere. We asked two kids at a time sit to each hold a puppy. They dropped them, let them loose, kept trying to harass the pups taking a break. It was a complete and utter nightmare. After one brat dropped Simon he started screaming and screaming and running in terror. I caught him and he bit me. I sat in a quiet corner cuddling him and then put him and the boys in a crate and wouldn’t let anyone handle them further. I don’t care what the donation is...I will not be party the animal cruelty. I took two to the car while Maggie held one. Then came back for him. As I’m trying to get through the drunken crowds while holding one pup, a screaming 8 yo shoved her flailing hands into the pup’s face. I yelled “Stop!” and blocked her hands, and used my body to shield the terrified pup. So the drunk father starts screaming at me for correcting his kid. So I screamed right back saying that i was protecting his kid from getting bitten because the pup is terrified and I showed him the blood all iver my hand. I continued yelling at him pointing out that HE should have stopped his daughter from terrifying an animal...and I wasn’t about to allow his child to get hurt nor to further frighten my pup. He looked stunned. When he saw the blood all over my hand, he apologized repeatedly. I was in full tears. i took my puppy and left. And cried much of the way home. The pups are back to normal now. Cuddled each when we got home. I’m still upset.
  • Buttons61
    Oh my gosh Val. That is one of the most terrible things I have ever heard. It just makes my heart ache. Thank you for standing in harms way and saving the pups, who I am unfortunately more concerned about than drunk parents and/ or bratty kids. Thank God they showed their true selves and they did not get any pups. I am always scared someone will slide thru the vetting process and the dogs life will be hell. What a terrible experience for you all. I would be crossing that place off my list..Hope your hand is okay, I know how that hurts... :'( Bless you though for your presence of mind. ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted some humor, I liked the creativity in the Christmas one

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees.

I did fill the car yesterday the Exon was down to $2.33 and 9 tenths per gallon. I also saw a Conoco while I was out and about @ $2.17, I know the cars run OK on Exxon, Not to sure about Conoco as they have not been around the area for years. Also I would love to know the Alcohol percentage before buying. I know for example that the lawn mower says not to use E15 so I do need to buy E10 gas and I think the Buick being a 1999 should not use E15 either. It is now up to almost 17K on the Odometer and that is after the 3 stops yesterday :wink:

https://www.fastcompany.com/90279331/people-are-throwing-bird-and-lime-scooters-into-rivers-and-lakes
    Urban waterways are under siege by a new invasive species: e-scooters

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/indianapolis/grinch-driver-caught-on-camera-plowing-through-yard-and-destroying-christmas-decorations
    'Grinch' driver caught on camera plowing through yard and destroying Christmas decorations

Yikes
    https://www.propublica.org/article/dr-death-christopher-duntsch-a-surgeon-so-bad-it-was-criminal
    A Surgeon So Bad It Was Criminal
    Christopher Duntsch’s surgical outcomes were so outlandishly poor that Texas prosecuted him for harming patients. Why did it take so long for the systems that are supposed to police problem doctors to stop him from operating?

Big Trucking Drivers shortage As I see it. I talked to some drivers and they confirmed a shortage.
    https://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/indianapolis/trucking-companies-looking-to-put-drivers-behind-the-wheel
    Trucking companies looking to put drivers behind the wheel

https://www.fastcompany.com/90276930/saving-this-swedish-town-from-falling-into-a-mine-has-big-lessons-about-a-post-climate-change-world
    Saving this Swedish town from falling into a mine has big lessons about a post-climate change world
    After Kiruna began sinking into the mining site near the town, it launched a radical plan to relocate two miles away. What can other places damaged by industry learn from the town’s move?

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I’m elated that you’re enjoying the Shuffle! Good luck on avoiding shopping temptation. The year-end is coming quickly! Emily is sick (fever, congestion), so no school today. With her classes (multiple AP plus calculus and chemistry), it’s so easy to fall behind in just a day. I’m elated at how well the pups have responded to regular cuddling...now they act like regular pups and climb all over us giving kisses and wagging tails. Much more adoptable when they want human attention!
    Hi Val
    There is some engineering to the shuffle too, it uses the same earphone plug to play music in the headphones and using the cable that came with it to charge and sync the music and that is all done with one extra connector on that cable.

In a high pressure course losing one day is bad. Did the school, Teachers send course material and homework for Em?

I did not avoid temptation entirely. I did only eat some of the Spare Ribs and skipped the Chicken Wing(s) and my brother used them for his lunch, Neither of us was impressed with the St. Louis Ribs, I will likely be having the rest of them Tomorrow or freezing them. I Bought Three Chicken Cordon Bleu and had one with, Alright part of my Lunch and will be using the other two as a protein for the NS plan, A small spoon of Mac & Cheese, one fried pasta and a few fried dumplings sadly.

Congratulations on the way the dogs are doing.
    The event tonight was at a country restaurant with snow in the parking lot and santa and lots of drunk adults and undisciplined unsupervised spoiled greedy children running and screaming everywhere. We asked two kids at a time sit to each hold a puppy. They dropped them, let them loose, kept trying to harass the pups taking a break. It was a complete and utter nightmare. After one brat dropped Simon he started screaming and screaming and running in terror. I caught him and he bit me. I sat in a quiet corner cuddling him and then put him and the boys in a crate and wouldn’t let anyone handle them further. I don’t care what the donation is...I will not be party the animal cruelty. I took two to the car while Maggie held one. Then came back for him.
    Real Snow or Snow for the event ? Drunks at the adoption with Santa, Not a good example for kids.
    It sounds as if You had a really low class crowd there. I hope the Bite is not deep or too painful ?
    You are not having much luck at the adoptions lately as I recall from the last with none adopted ?
    As I’m trying to get through the drunken crowds while holding one pup, a screaming 8 yo shoved her flailing hands into the pup’s face. I yelled “Stop!” and blocked her hands, and used my body to shield the terrified pup. So the drunk father starts screaming at me for correcting his kid. So I screamed right back saying that i was protecting his kid from getting bitten because the pup is terrified and I showed him the blood all over my hand. I continued yelling at him pointing out that HE should have stopped his daughter from terrifying an animal...and I wasn’t about to allow his child to get hurt nor to further frighten my pup. He looked stunned. When he saw the blood all over my hand, he apologized repeatedly. I was in full tears. i took my puppy and left. And cried much of the way home. The pups are back to normal now. Cuddled each when we got home. I’m still upset.
    I can blame the parents for that, what are they teaching those kids or have they just given up ?

Good for You yelling back, I am so sorry that it was such a disaster, You deserve better. You should complain to the organizer of the event too.

I may be the strange one, but I can only remember ever getting drunk once when I was Young and never again. These days I am close to being a teetotaler with only a little Champagne at new years or a small glass of wine when there were family dinners before everybody left NJ.

I hope by the time You are reading this You are no longer upset.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Not too high tech of a solution there with your floor bubble. I hope it works well so there are no further problems. You are too chilly for me!! We are below freeing though yesterday afternoon it warmed up some in the 50's with some sunshine. It seemed like a cool fall day till the sun went down. I did get some major cleaning done. Always a plus. My calories have been a little high, so I think I managed to stop my weight loss some..always something!!

I am waiting on the plumber today. Hope this leak is an easy fix. You never know..

I would have ordered Chinese just like you!! Love all their fried bad for me things, lol!! Do you all do something special for Christmas dinner?
    Hi Jan
    I am hoping it worked, Today I will be pulling the weights and see how it looks. I think the idea was force out the air and let the Contact Cement work.

I am to chilly for me, I would not mind Florida weather in the winter and Maine weather in the Summer :smiley:
    I could not handle the humidity and bugs in the summer that Florida. I always went there in January when I went on Vacation, Good Weather then, Off Season prices and no large crowds.

The Local Chinese Takeout Wings are really crunchy and tasty, And they get the fries crispy to as they are cooked to order unlike Fast Food Hamburger Chain Fries that may or may not be crunchy.

Christmas will be a large Baked Ham to have plenty of leftovers, Mashed Potatoes, A Relish Tray, Salad, Homemade Ham Gravy, probably a loaf of Beer bread, which is a really simple recipe and tasty, Some sort of pie too.

To put it another way, Nothing fattening :blush:
    Val, Glad your boss was quiet!! And you had a good day!! :) Good luck with the puppy event!!

Roger, have you tried your miracle noodles yet?? I did not get mine as dried as I would have liked...but I was hungry!! They were right about one thing...the smell did go away. I was surprised. They caused a temporary weight gain for me...then gone.

Hope Em feels better soon!! ...Jan
    I Keep procrastinating with them, I really want to try them too. I do not see haw something with no calories or carbs could have caused a weight gain, It had to be what You cooked them with ?
    I'm curious how did You use them ?

I am fighting the temptation of having some Thai Food :(
    Oh my gosh Val. That is one of the most terrible things I have ever heard. It just makes my heart ache. Thank you for standing in harms way and saving the pups, who I am unfortunately more concerned about than drunk parents and/ or bratty kids. Thank God they showed their true selves and they did not get any pups. I am always scared someone will slide thru the vetting process and the dogs life will be hell. What a terrible experience for you all. I would be crossing that place off my list..Hope your hand is okay, I know how that hurts... :'( Bless you though for your presence of mind. ...Jan
    I know what You mean, every winter there are news stories about dogs left out in the yard in very cold temperatures, Some People do not deserve to have them.

Val had no luck at that event, It is such a shame as She has a Good Heart.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    This morning I’m improved compared with last night. That chaos put the pup’s development way back. Simon bit me again this morning. Theo is vomiting. Alvin is terrorizing Spike. Emily is still really sick. And now i need to go to work. In my 54 years, I’ve only been bitten by dogs 3 times, 2 within the last 12 hours. The other was an Old English Sheepdog who was just waking up from anesthesia. Last night’s event was in a rural area. The snow was made with a snow machine, so it was real snow but man-made. In texas, parents don’t raise their kids...they dump them on society. San Antonio ranks very high in drunk driving... partying is cool here. Not my thing at all. Last Saturday was in a wealthy area and everyone (including kids) was gentle and kind (and sober)! Those people weren’t impulsive. We have had one adoption where the people met the dog at that event but thought about it before committing. And we have an additional possible adoption from that event too. Flashback from last night...a 12- year old boy was jumping around demanding that i hand him a puppy...i sternly told him “You’re going to have to wait!” The shock on his face was amazing...i may have been the first person in his life to say that. Need to get busy. Hope you have a super day!
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Val, I am glad you feel a little better about the event!! Certainly not your fault, nor the puppies. I am sorry Em is still sick, I am sure that will not be easy with her classes. But no sense in her going back too soon as that could be a real set back also. Hope she will improve soon!! I have been bitten by May twice badly. Not to mention her giving Chester such a hard time when he was alive. She is a dear, but I have had had her three years and I still can see that lack of trust on occasion. It is hard to make up for that original nurture in some dogs, though she is very friendly and I would have no qualms about children petting her. But I would still have to be very cautious when food is introduced and she is very protective of me ( jealous) when she is not getting the attention. It may take 10 years more to change that!! <3:#

Roger, I used the fettachini noodles with an alfredo sauce which had few carbs, though it did have a very small amount of real sugar/ thickener. Like less than 1 carb worth. On keto, that could have caused the gain. I had the angel hair one with spaghetti sauce, also very low carb with barely any real sugar. I am thinking the fact I had more than 1 serving did it, though I stayed at 20 to 23 mg carbs. Also they are absorbent so could have easily absorbed the water/ salt that was in the recipe. I actually do not have to watch my salt, as I need it on keto, unlike any other diet. Yes, that is weird!!.. I do have to watch my potassium on every day except when I have avocado, and that is a pain. MFP potassium trackers are not good, and especially in the meat department. All meat has some potassium, and they show 0 for most everything but beef roast. Which is dumb, and not at all helpful, lol..It is just too hard and too time consuming to track on 2 different systems, and I really hate to not use this one.....small grumble!! :D
    You will need to fry those noodles after boiling in a non stick pa. I did mine on high and could have fried and dried more, but I was hungry. Easier frying in a pan than drying with the microwave... I did add some butter and garlic in the noodles at the last second, which plumped them a little again, but was worth the taste. They still have a bit of that glass noodle texture, but sure looks and tastes pretty good, considering no carb no calorie!! Just allow a little time for boiling the water, (not much!) and drying them in pan! (takes longer 4-5 min..!!)

Sorry no money!! I did get my base ID card renewed with no trouble, and she laminated my medicare card for free at the same time. That was nice!! I am waiting for the plumber, and also bought my stocking stuffers and dog food before coming home. I even have a half way clean house, lol... (Yum on the Christmas dinner!!)

Clean house? It is a Christmas miracle..!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I just this moment posted more humor. Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking, I looked down and saw a shiny Dime, then pennies, Nickels and Quarters, Then I woke up and no money was found after all. The Temperature out the door was 39 degrees.

https://apnews.com/d369711f043941c888e5409a70a630fb
    Metaphorical Washington ‘swamp’ overrun by actual vermin

https://abc7news.com/society/auto-body-shop-in-antioch-gives-away-cars-to-those-in-need/4887453/
    Auto body shop in Antioch gives away cars to those in need

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/11/omg-now-california-wants-to-tax-text-messaging/
    Now California wants to tax text-messaging?
    State regulators say surcharge on text messaging would help fund programs that make phone service accessible to the poor
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/12/12/fcc-decision-deals-blow-to-california-text-tax-plan/

https://www.livescience.com/64282-hidden-adelie-penguin-supercolony.html
    How This Supercolony of 1.5 Million Penguins Stayed Hidden for Nearly 3,000 Years

Just Wrong to Bully a 11 year old
    http://eagnews.org/middle-schooler-forced-to-change-trump-name-after-years-of-relentless-bullying/
    Middle schooler forced to change ‘Trump’ name after years of relentless bullying

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/whole-foods-cutting-food-packaging-with-cancer-linked-chemicals#gs.S7qJ9w4
    Whole Foods Ranked Worst on Cancer-Linked Package Chemicals

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    This morning I’m improved compared with last night. That chaos put the pup’s development way back. Simon bit me again this morning. Theo is vomiting. Alvin is terrorizing Spike. Emily is still really sick. And now i need to go to work. In my 54 years, I’ve only been bitten by dogs 3 times, 2 within the last 12 hours. The other was an Old English Sheepdog who was just waking up from anesthesia. Last night’s event was in a rural area. The snow was made with a snow machine, so it was real snow but man-made. In texas, parents don’t raise their kids...they dump them on society. San Antonio ranks very high in drunk driving... partying is cool here.
    Hi Val
    I am very sorry that happened to You, I hope the Pups return to being better quickly, If anyone can do it, it will be You. I hope the bites are healing OK ?

I had a suspicion that it was a man made snow. You are not making San Antonio sound like an area to visit or move to. I have to wonder what is wrong with the parents.

Drunk Driving and Partying are not cool IMO.
    Not my thing at all. Last Saturday was in a wealthy area and everyone (including kids) was gentle and kind (and sober)! Those people weren’t impulsive. We have had one adoption where the people met the dog at that event but thought about it before committing. And we have an additional possible adoption from that event too. Flashback from last night...a 12- year old boy was jumping around demanding that i hand him a puppy...i sternly told him “You’re going to have to wait!” The shock on his face was amazing...i may have been the first person in his life to say that. Need to get busy. Hope you have a super day!
    Better that someone thinks about it than that they are impulsive and do not take core of the dog properly, Just my opinion of course.

That is just so sad that the 12 year old is that spoiled. Wait until he gets a Job later in life and finds out that life does not revolve around his wants and that taking days off or showing up late has a price. What is the world coming to ?

I hope Emily gets better over the weekend. Doctor time ?
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Val, I am glad you feel a little better about the event!! Certainly not your fault, nor the puppies. I am sorry Em is still sick, I am sure that will not be easy with her classes. But no sense in her going back too soon as that could be a real set back also. Hope she will improve soon!! I have been bitten by May twice badly. Not to mention her giving Chester such a hard time when he was alive. She is a dear, but I have had had her three years and I still can see that lack of trust on occasion. It is hard to make up for that original nurture in some dogs, though she is very friendly and I would have no qualms about children petting her. But I would still have to be very cautious when food is introduced and she is very protective of me ( jealous) when she is not getting the attention. It may take 10 years more to change that!! <3:#
    Hi Jan
    You are more patient than I, I could not handle a 10 year project like that. Good Luck with that. Nurture or Nature, I tend to fall on the side or Nurture.
    Roger, I used the fettachini noodles with an alfredo sauce which had few carbs, though it did have a very small amount of real sugar/ thickener. Like less than 1 carb worth. On keto, that could have caused the gain. I had the angel hair one with spaghetti sauce, also very low carb with barely any real sugar. I am thinking the fact I had more than 1 serving did it, though I stayed at 20 to 23 mg carbs. Also they are absorbent so could have easily absorbed the water/ salt that was in the recipe. I actually do not have to watch my salt, as I need it on keto, unlike any other diet. Yes, that is weird!!.. I do have to watch my potassium on every day except when I have avocado, and that is a pain. MFP potassium trackers are not good, and especially in the meat department. All meat has some potassium, and they show 0 for most everything but beef roast. Which is dumb, and not at all helpful, lol..It is just too hard and too time consuming to track on 2 different systems, and I really hate to not use this one.....small grumble!! :D
    You will need to fry those noodles after boiling in a non stick pa. I did mine on high and could have fried and dried more, but I was hungry. Easier frying in a pan than drying with the microwave... I did add some butter and garlic in the noodles at the last second, which plumped them a little again, but was worth the taste. They still have a bit of that glass noodle texture, but sure looks and tastes pretty good, considering no carb no calorie!! Just allow a little time for boiling the water, (not much!) and drying them in pan! (takes longer 4-5 min..!!)
    Home made Alfredo Sauce and Spaghetti Sauce, congrats, I tend to take the easy (Lazy) route and open a bottle or can for things like that. Would You believe that the canned Pizza Sauce makes a tasty Sauce for Pasta ?

Thanks for the cooking tips, I tend to either use a tomato gravy, Italian for Spaghetti Sauce or else melt butter into my pasta or both :blush: We do have a Cuisinart non stick skillet that is real nice as well as heavy construction. My brother does not like buying on the cheap for cooking items. I would likely uses Garlic salt being a lazy cook rather than peal and grate Garlic Cloves.
    Sorry no money!! I did get my base ID card renewed with no trouble, and she laminated my medicare card for free at the same time. That was nice!! I am waiting for the plumber, and also bought my stocking stuffers and dog food before coming home. I even have a half way clean house, lol... (Yum on the Christmas dinner!!)

Clean house? It is a Christmas miracle..!! ...Jan
    Good for You, No trouble getting the card renewed. I could be remembering wrong but I though that medicare said not to Laminate the card ?

Did You ever mention what the Plumber needs to do, Am I forgetting that ?

Stocking Stuffers, Would You believe it, Stuffers is not in Firefox's Spell Check Database ?

I want to get out for a haircut and CostCo in the near future, Frozen Vegetables, Toilet Paper and if I can find them a Fire extinguisher for the kitchen as that is the one room I feel is more likely to have a fire, Cooking fire of course I also could be wrong however...

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Pups are back yo their pre-event temprement!!! My bites are healing well. Emily still really sick. She’s never missed 3 consecutive days in her 10-years of schooling. Today was her first time swallowing a pill (cold med)! It took a lot to get it down, but she did it. We’re having high winds...some light poles and trees have toppled. But so far, we’re fine. Off to work. Hope you all have a super day!
  • hope4change_val
    Here’s My Duke greeting the babies this morning.d1fuidsblkwf.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I laughed thinking you had found all that money, Roger!! I was so excited ...till I hit the part you woke up!!

Jenny and I went out for supper, and I was good, except for some BBQ sauce I should not have had. Then we went to a new store filled with make up and beauty products. My daughter loves it. I liked all the scrubs and bath things and just all the neat take care of you things. I guess we better not go there too often! Then we headed for Aldi, a new food store. The parent store is a German store, and it was pretty cool with some wonderful prices. Nice fresh produce, cheeses and meats at about 1/2 the price of other stores. Stuff is in the boxes and not fancy, which cuts their overhead. We have not browsed in a long time and had a blast. I sat funny in Jenny's car though and my knee is hurting. Not sure if I pulled it wrong, or what. I got a little better and I was on my feet way to long. I am hobbling all nite so I did something dumb...

How is the floor bubbles coming..or going?

Val, the doggie pics are so cute!! Hoping em is better..that is rough!!

Plumber installed a new overflow valve. I had a leak of a steady stream running out a pipe I did not know I had which I now know is from the water heater. Soggy front yard. I may need to get a pressure valve by the water meter by the street as that pressure also registers too high. My one valve lasted over 20 years so I guess I will just see how it goes...I would think the water company would be responsible for having one on my outside meter..or I guess the contractor should have added one?? Just seems odd to me..

I may not have mentioned it!! LOL! Good articles!! ...Need to get to bed, silly me!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 48 degrees. The rain in the forecast moved in by 7PM Friday and it is still raining this morning.

Yesterday was a busy for me day. Haircut, Home Depot, CostCo, Then a run to the recycle yard and Putting up the Christmas Tree. That is the cheapest I have gotten out of CostCo in a while, Under $40 :smiley:

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/russian-robot-boris-man-in-suit-russia-24/
    A Russian robot named ‘Boris’ hailed as hi-tech on state TV has been unmasked as a man in a suit

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article223040250.html
    Your risk of heart attack is greatest at this specific time on Christmas Eve, study says

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/a-billionaire-vanished-for-400-days-and-his-global-empire-boomed
    A Billionaire Vanished for 400 Days and His Empire Boomed

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/12/13/carnival-cruise-line-plans-roller-coaster-new-ship-mardi-gras/2298401002/
    Giant new Carnival ship coming in 2020 will have a roller coaster. Really

https://apnews.com/8c85bfa0776d4cad8bc329da08beba51
    Scientists scour WWI shipwreck to solve military mystery

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    The pups and Maggie and i are having another adoption event at a different pet store in the same nice neighborhood as last weekend. So, at least we’ll have nice sober people. I’m really surprised that none of the pups have found homes yet. But, they are delightful to live with and they are respectful toward my dogs so they can stay until adopted. Hope you all have a happy Saturday!
  • hope4change_val
    Emily’s still really sick...tea, chicken soup, juice, and rest.
  • RogerToo
    edited December 2018
    Pups are back yo their pre-event temperament!!! My bites are healing well. Emily still really sick. She’s never missed 3 consecutive days in her 10-years of schooling. Today was her first time swallowing a pill (cold med)! It took a lot to get it down, but she did it. We’re having high winds...some light poles and trees have toppled. But so far, we’re fine. Off to work. Hope you all have a super day!
    Hi Val
    Congratulations on the pups getting back to where they were. It sounds as if You have real winners in You are :(
    I hope Emily gets better over the Weekend. Hopefully the Electric stays on, Good Luck.

I'm glad to hear that the bites are healing well.
    Here’s My Duke greeting the babies this morning.d1fuidsblkwf.jpeg
    What a Nice Picture. Is that low seat they are on or something else ? It looks like the ones in the Bus shelters, They are higher of course.
    The pups and Maggie and i are having another adoption event at a different pet store in the same nice neighborhood as last weekend. So, at least we’ll have nice sober people. I’m really surprised that none of the pups have found homes yet. But, they are delightful to live with and they are respectful toward my dogs so they can stay until adopted. Hope you all have a happy Saturday!
    I saw a message pop up that You were posting so I added those to this :smiley:

Good Luck at the Adoption event.
    Emily’s still really sick...tea, chicken soup, juice, and rest.

Ouch, Poor Kid. Vitamin C ? I like Chicken Soup when I am feeling poorly.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I laughed thinking you had found all that money, Roger!! I was so excited ...till I hit the part you woke up!!

Jenny and I went out for supper, and I was good, except for some BBQ sauce I should not have had. Then we went to a new store filled with make up and beauty products. My daughter loves it. I liked all the scrubs and bath things and just all the neat take care of you things. I guess we better not go there too often! Then we headed for Aldi, a new food store. The parent store is a German store, and it was pretty cool with some wonderful prices. Nice fresh produce, cheeses and meats at about 1/2 the price of other stores. Stuff is in the boxes and not fancy, which cuts their overhead. We have not browsed in a long time and had a blast. I sat funny in Jenny's car though and my knee is hurting. Not sure if I pulled it wrong, or what. I got a little better and I was on my feet way to long. I am hobbling all nite so I did something dumb...
    Hi Jan
    I was trying for the humorous touch with the money :smiley: That is not the first time I had a similar dream, If only they were a portent of things to come, Nope not my luck.

We have had a Aldis locally for a while FWIW.
    Here is link to a video about them
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD8bai4hNBw
    The Truth About Aldi's Really Low Prices
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSFLyJqXfs

I also understand that they have a lot of limited time items throughout the year, like that is done to keep You coming back to see what's new :wink:

I hope Your Knee gets better quickly, I had a similar problem if I rode any distance in my brothers now replaced For Taurus due to the wheel well.
    How is the floor bubbles coming..or going?

Val, the doggie pics are so cute!! Hoping em is better..that is rough!!

Plumber installed a new overflow valve. I had a leak of a steady stream running out a pipe I did not know I had which I now know is from the water heater. Soggy front yard. I may need to get a pressure valve by the water meter by the street as that pressure also registers too high. My one valve lasted over 20 years so I guess I will just see how it goes...I would think the water company would be responsible for having one on my outside meter..or I guess the contractor should have added one?? Just seems odd to me..

I may not have mentioned it!! LOL! Good articles!! ...Need to get to bed, silly me!! ..Jan
    Well The Bubbles are still there so Monday morning a phone call shall happen.

Better a soggy yard than water leaking into the house. The pressure relief valve is a important safety device. You may need a pressure reducer at the meter, did the plumber say how high the water pressure is ? As far as a pressure gauge, that is not a standard item as far as I know.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger