Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi. During my 9-day “vacation” I only took 5 1/2 hours of vacation time. I ended up working...and im completely failing two assignments because they were given to me late. Even though I told them I was unavailable on the weekend because I was driving. I guess they didn’t believe me. So now I’m the failure but i say they are the failure for ignoring my words. I told them to find someone else and they chose not to. My day yesterday got worse and worse and I ended up just turning off the computer and crying in frustration. Sigh. And, the highly visible project that ive been working on for months...that gets released 12 December...I finally saw what the programmers did...and its a mess. Very frustrating.
    Hi Val
    You can not control what bosses do, Did They set You up to fail, it sounds like it, On purpose or just stubbornness or ignorance I can not guess.

The trick is to turn the computer off when You see things trending downhill and not sticking to it until it affects You. Good Luck with that, I believe You are to conscientious to do that.

When something that You have been working on like that gets ruined I can only guess how frustrated You must feel.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2018
    Good morning,

Val, so sorry to hear of works troubles. I am sure it is beyond frustrating. I swear upper management goes to how to really be ineffective leaders as prerequisites for being bosses. the higher, the more seminars... sorry for that and I hope things improve soon. <3

It is 32 degrees at 8:30 pm- another cold night! I just ate a block of cheese, (not the whole block!) and remembered I was going to make hot chocolate! Oops..not enough calories now..Bummer!! Weds nite is cold too..maybe I will remember!

I should be losing again hopefully, as I weighed at my lowest in a while. I had put on a pound, but again it is off. I did not count it as with keto you can vary several pounds, sometimes a little more than other diets...I hope!! :#

The Grinch was really cute, some great chuckles!

Olive garden..Weds...not the best keto options!!

Hope everyone has a good day!! :) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I have already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. There was a brisk wind blowing that caused wind chill, It did start to drop somewhat by the time I reached my turn around point in the walk.

Yesterday we took the Dahlias we dug last week, placed them in a newspaper lined cardboard box with lightly dampened peat moss. Last year we lost some of them as that never happened :( Some of the Gladiolus we dug are jumbos and some of the Cormlets that bloomed this summer put on a decent size. I expect that they will all bloom in the upcoming summer after being planted.

Yesterday evening I pulled a package of sliced ham ends bought cheap at the ShopRite to be used as today's extra protein. Once I open it today I shall see if there is also chunks off of the end as well as slices, They tend to put the best part showing of course as does any store.
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/26/pilot-fell-asleep-in-the-cockpit-and-missed-runway-by-29-miles-8178158/
    Pilot ‘fell asleep’ in the cockpit and missed runway by 29 miles

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article222181695.html
    Fights break out as Bank of America ATM in Texas keeps spitting out $100 bills
    For about two hours late Sunday night into Monday morning, an ATM near Houston was spitting out $100 bills instead of $20s to people who withdrew cash, according to KTRK.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/us-postal-service-website-flaw-exposed-data-of-60m-users-report
    US Postal Service website flaw exposed data of 60M users: Report

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/744832/lord-of-the-rings-racist-orcs-andy-duncan-jrr-tolkien-usa-uk
    Lord of the Rings is 'RACIST': Author slams books for discriminating against orcs

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/china-s-big-dipper-satellites-challenge-the-dominance-of-gps#gs.Qvn=ZSY
    China Is Building a $9 Billion Rival to the American-Run GPS

https://www.yahoo.com/news/high-tech-toilets-could-soon-141544754.html
    How high-tech toilets could soon be tracking your every movement

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning,

Val, so sorry to hear of works troubles. I am sure it is beyond frustrating. I swear upper management goes to how to really be ineffective leaders as prerequisites for being bosses. the higher, the more seminars... sorry for that and I hope things improve soon. <3

It is 32 degrees at 8:30 pm- another cold night! I just ate a block of cheese, (not the whole block!) and remembered I was going to make hot chocolate! Oops..not enough calories now..Bummer!! Weds nite is cold too..maybe I will remember!

I should be losing again hopefully, as I weighed at my lowest in a while. I had put on a pound, but again it is off. I did not count it as with keto you can vary several pounds, sometimes a little more than other diets...I hope!! :#

The Grinch was really cute, some great chuckles!

Olive garden..Weds...not the best keto options!!

Hope everyone has a good day!! :) ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    FWIW I did see this information.
    https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/a24126215/olive-garden-keto-diet/

7 Olive Garden Meals You Can Eat Even If You're Keto

Lemon garlic butter sauce is your new BFF.
    1. Stuffed Mushrooms
    2. Zuppa Toscana
    3. Famous House Salad with Signature Italian Dressing
    4. Chicken Margherita
    This dish is basically a keto dieter's dream: chicken topped with cheese and butter. The meal is also served with a size of parmesan-crusted zucchini, which only has five grams of carbs (don't worry—it's already counted in the carb content below). Also: The lunch portion only has two fewer grams of carbs than the dinner option, so I think you know what to do with that information...
    5. Salmon Piccata
    6. Chicken Piccata
    7. Amaretto Tiramisu
    Okay, this might be pushing it for some extremely dedicated keto dieters, but if you've got a few extra carbs in your allowance and want something sweet, this Amaretto Tiramisu dessert only has 14 grams of carbs—perfect for a nightcap with a hot cup of (black) coffee. It's also got a good amount of fat for a "mini" dessert.

Per serving: 220 calories, 17 g fat (10 g sat fat), 65 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrates, 11 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 3 g protein.

Hope this helps, there is more information that I chopped out on that page.

I wonder if You can find a Low Sugar low Carb Hot Chocolate Mix, Before they discontinued them I used to make the NS Chocolate Protein Shake and heat it in the Microwave where it made a tasty Hot Chocolate IMO.

Not great weather here either, when I can hear the wind howling around the house :(

The Problem with cheese for me is limiting how much I eat, Color me sad that I do better if I avoid it.

I was not aware that Keto caused weight changes like that.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

The article for Olive Garden was very helpful! I actually had the chicken piccata today and zucchini. A little high for carbs but yummy. The salad will put me over, but they are still good carbs, so okay. The dressing has some sugar. I can tell because I wanted to stop at Krispy Cream on the way home!!! LOL!! (didn't!)..20 mg can be hard to stay below..that is a real low carb diet.. :#

I love cheese too! You can have it on keto, as long as you are practically carb free..I hope my blood work supports a positive change with this diet!

Spying from the toilet makes me uncomfortable!! :D ... Luckily the guy who is criticizing Tolkien is not in my reach. I would be calling him an idiot..

Glad you were able to get some of your bulbs! I am hoping my ferns come back next spring!!

We were colder this am than Fairbanks! It was 19 degrees with the wind chill!

Trying to get ready for Christmas..Just do not want to do much after being out!!

Glad I am not in the midwest!! :) Take care!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees. There was a breeze blowing that caused a slight wind chill. We are forecast to have higher temperatures for the weekend with the warmest day, Sunday being forecast to hit 60 or higher before the temperatures drop after that.

I am thinking about opening a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup with one of the items from Miracle Noodle, Maybe the "Rice" or one of the "Pastas" :smiley:

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-google-accused-track-users.html
    Google accused of manipulation to track users

https://apnews.com/2f782225f9d74bb9941933b12f8e96f6
    Insulin pumps have most reported problems in FDA database

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/744716/noahs-ark-israel-sail-built-holland-biblical-news
    Preparing for the end? Plans to sail reconstructed NOAH’S ARK to Israel
    PLANS are under way to sail a full-sized reconstruction of Noah’s Ark to Israel, it has been reported.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/11/26/women-sleep-better-with-dogs-by-their-side-instead-of-human-partners-study-shows/
    Women Sleep Better With Dogs By Their Side Instead Of Human Partners, Study Shows

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46358789
    'Siberian unicorn' walked Earth with humans

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/27/renters-pay-more-for-less-space-as-apartments-shrink.html
    Apartments are getting smaller – but renters are paying more

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

The article for Olive Garden was very helpful! I actually had the chicken piccata today and zucchini. A little high for carbs but yummy. The salad will put me over, but they are still good carbs, so okay. The dressing has some sugar. I can tell because I wanted to stop at Krispy Cream on the way home!!! LOL!! (didn't!)..20 mg can be hard to stay below..that is a real low carb diet.. :#

I love cheese too! You can have it on keto, as long as you are practically carb free..I hope my blood work supports a positive change with this diet!

Spying from the toilet makes me uncomfortable!! :D ... Luckily the guy who is criticizing Tolkien is not in my reach. I would be calling him an idiot..

Glad you were able to get some of your bulbs! I am hoping my ferns come back next spring!!

We were colder this am than Fairbanks! It was 19 degrees with the wind chill!

Trying to get ready for Christmas..Just do not want to do much after being out!!

Glad I am not in the midwest!! :) Take care!! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    I had wondered if You would see the Olive Garden article before going as well as helpful. Sugars have that sort effect on me too. Sometimes unstoppable cravings. I find cheeses to be so tasty that I tend to overeat them. I even like Cream Cheese on its own :(

The Toilet item was also a bit of a Pun (??) Albeit disturbing.
    The idiots seem to be running wild. How can You be Racist when dealing with fictional beings, As the saying goes, "What a Maroon".

I would expect that the ferns will be fine, otherwise ferns would not be around all over the country.

I need to wrap and package the Christmas gifts for my sister since the last and slow arriving item arrived via USPS yesterday, I want to look and see if they will fit in a USPS flat rate box, wish me luck.

I agree that time is flying away, it is less than a month to Christmas And I only have part of the Gifts for my brother and need to get an idea of what else to get. I will be looking through a mail order catalog or two for inspiration.

Wish me luck getting finished with Christmas things.
    Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. I’ll be distracted and stressed through (and after) this system gets released (12/14). If I gave an assignment to an employee with 11 months to complete, and each week I requested progress updates... I can’t see how that person could pretend to not know about it. That’s what someone did to my boss’ boss. It was due 11/30, so 11/14 he reassigned it to ME. And I had a 9-day vacation schedule and on the calendar since August (4 months), and had that in red on my email signature line for a full month. It looks malicious but I actually think it is incompetence. I would want to say it was an oversight on his part but this is consistent with every situation.
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!
    I can not believe I have stayed up so late, lol!! I am doomed for Friday with my schedule!!

Saw Fantastic Animals sequel--it was so good!! Well worth the price. I can not wait for more!!

Did good at Applebee's so all in all a good day!

Roger, I have not even thought about Christmas! Good for you getting a jump on it!!

Not to sure that Siberian animal was the inspiration for unicorns, lol... :D

Val! Just keep doing your professional job! Hope things ease up soon!!

Take care all!!..Jan
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. There was a light breeze blowing that caused no discomfort.

We have a mailer that is good for $10 at the local diner that expires today, thus we are having Brunch with a friend. This may not be good for my waistline :(
    There is some rain in the forecast for the weekend, The plus is that if the weather forecast has the timing right they will have no impact on my walking.

https://www.infowars.com/between-6000-and-10000-churches-in-the-u-s-are-dying-each-year-and-that-means-that-over-100-will-die-this-week/
    “Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year” – and that means that over 100 will die this week
    Any institution needs resources in order to survive, and churches are not any different

https://weather.com/news/weather/news/2018-11-27-winter-misery-index-awssi-extreme-start-november-2018
    It's Been One of the Most Miserable Starts to Winter on Record

You may have guessed that I think they are a bad idea.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/electric-scooters-by-bird-and-lime-are-causing-injuries-and-accidents/
    Electric scooters are now disrupting wrists, elbows and heads
    Injured scooter riders are flooding US emergency rooms. Accident rates could be as high as 1,000 per month.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/28/90-year-old-woman-dies-collision-electric-scooter/
    90-year-old woman dies in collision with electric scooter
    https://www.cnet.com/news/the-mad-tale-of-the-electric-scooter-craze-with-bird-lime-and-spin-in-san-francisco/
    The mad, twisted tale of the electric scooter craze
    For Bird, Lime and Spin: Betrayal, clipped brake cables and chop shops. And that's just in San Francisco.

https://www.france24.com/en/20181128-israel-unveils-rare-ancient-mask
    Israel unveils rare and ancient mask

https://www.atr.org/details-horrible-carbon-tax-bill
    Details of the Horrible Carbon Tax Bill

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. I’ll be distracted and stressed through (and after) this system gets released (12/14). If I gave an assignment to an employee with 11 months to complete, and each week I requested progress updates... I can’t see how that person could pretend to not know about it. That’s what someone did to my boss’ boss. It was due 11/30, so 11/14 he reassigned it to ME. And I had a 9-day vacation schedule and on the calendar since August (4 months), and had that in red on my email signature line for a full month. It looks malicious but I actually think it is incompetence. I would want to say it was an oversight on his part but this is consistent with every situation.
    Hi Val
    It appears that the location where you work is under incompetent leadership :(
    Not a good scenario.

It is a shame You can not move on from there. I suppose there is no chance You could or would want to become a boss there ?

Good Luck, Maybe December will be better
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!
    I can not believe I have stayed up so late, lol!! I am doomed for Friday with my schedule!!

Saw Fantastic Animals sequel--it was so good!! Well worth the price. I can not wait for more!!

Did good at Applebee's so all in all a good day!

Roger, I have not even thought about Christmas! Good for you getting a jump on it!!

Not to sure that Siberian animal was the inspiration for unicorns, lol... :D

Val! Just keep doing your professional job! Hope things ease up soon!!

Take care all!!..Jan
    Hi Jan
    If You had not said still up I would have guessed You were up early :wink:

Since I have not seen the first one I shall take Your word for it. I have not been to a movie theater in many, many years. I got over going to them due to several factors as listed below.
    1. Price of admission and that was the so called Bargain matinees.
    2. Sticky floors
    3. High prices for anything from the concession stand
    4. Rude people that tell friends what is coming up spoiling the experience by revealing the plot and talking.
    5. Phones ringing and being answered
    6. The Last straw was getting chewing gum on my pants and before I knew it had happened on my car seat due to cretinous morons sticking it under the edge of the seat.
    Hopefully the experience where You are is better.

It could have been, more likely as You say not the inspiration however.

Congratulations on the Applebee's visit and this too
    Buttons61 11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 11/29/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I lucked out, the ticket was five dollars. Of course I paid four dollars for a bottle of water. I do always get one, to get my water in and so I do not eat popcorn! Luckily, the theater we go to is clean and really smells good. It has been bad in times past, but so far so good. I took some bites of summer sausage to munch. I wanted peanuts, but had no carbs left due to my veggies and salad at lunch. lol.

I did lose my 1 pound which puts me lower than I have been in almost a year. Losing on keto is incredibly slow..but I have found it to be the most sustainable program for me so far. Hope my labs bear this out.

I have a Dr appt today at 2 pm, then my grand daughter's recital at 7 pm in Montgomery. I am picking my daughter up at 6pm, but she will drive down thankfully as it is dark by then. My weekend will be too busy. Hoping to live till Monday! :#

Eating out is difficult. Food is just too tempting and most things do contain those delicious carbs! Good luck!! Will power!!

Val, hoping things get better for you!! When do the puppies come?

Perseverance!! Have a great week end!! ...Jan ..PS Good articles!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I’m in control of if I choose to stsy or leave, so don’t feel to badly for me! It’s my own fault for tolerating it. I don’t want to be the boss. I have low tolerance for excuses, etc. I love being a doer, because then I have control of success. Ive worked every night till 10 to midnight. Last night I was supposed to take Em to a school event...i fell asleep at 6 pm and she let me sleep. I hate that she paid the price. Puppies get fixed tomorrow (Sat). I offered to take 3, but my dog partner said i need to sleep...she knows I’m really running on empty. So not planning to bring them home, but helping transport after 11 dogs getting fixed!
  • RogerToo
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and for once 1 beat up penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. Yesterday was a dingy looking day that had some rain after noon, it started spritzing on the return home from our brunch with a friend. For Friday we did good to get past the low 40s, Today, Saturday is forecast to be in the 50s with rain forecast for later and predicted to continue into Sunday a high of 60 Degrees.

I am in the process of finalizing a Christmas gift package to be shipped to my sister. I am packing a Flat Rate USPS box. Since the price is the same no matter what the weight I am thinking of putting in some surplus NS snacks so they do not expire. A note explaining that they are just there as filler naturally.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2018/11/29/delta-usas-first-biometric-terminal-ready-go-atlanta-airport/2145655002/
    [bDelta says USA's 'first biometric terminal' is ready to go at Atlanta airport

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/11/29/china-aims-to-defeat-the-us-air-force-without-firing-a-shot-heres-how/
    China aims to defeat the US Air Force without firing a shot. Here’s how.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article222358915.html
    Nation’s biting fire ant invasion expands north again through heart of North Carolina

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article222294420.html
    We have 2-foot-tall squirrels? NC biologists posted a photo of one and it’s huge

You have to be kidding me...
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/11/29/report-man-tells-judge-he-was-clueless-killing-dogs-was-a-crime/
    Report: Man Tells Judge He Was ‘Clueless’ Killing Dogs Was A Crime

https://apnews.com/eee71cdde33c45aabfcb427d7d94f9d3
    After car hits Thai elephant, animal kills driver

I'm reusing this since it is such a bad idea, A perpetually growing tax :(
    https://www.atr.org/details-horrible-carbon-tax-bill
    Details of the Horrible Carbon Tax Bill[/b]

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I lucked out, the ticket was five dollars. Of course I paid four dollars for a bottle of water. I do always get one, to get my water in and so I do not eat popcorn! Luckily, the theater we go to is clean and really smells good. It has been bad in times past, but so far so good. I took some bites of summer sausage to munch. I wanted peanuts, but had no carbs left due to my veggies and salad at lunch. lol.

I did lose my 1 pound which puts me lower than I have been in almost a year. Losing on keto is incredibly slow..but I have found it to be the most sustainable program for me so far. Hope my labs bear this out.

I have a Dr appt today at 2 pm, then my grand daughter's recital at 7 pm in Montgomery. I am picking my daughter up at 6pm, but she will drive down thankfully as it is dark by then. My weekend will be too busy. Hoping to live till Monday! :#

Eating out is difficult. Food is just too tempting and most things do contain those delicious carbs! Good luck!! Will power!!

Val, hoping things get better for you!! When do the puppies come?

Perseverance!! Have a great week end!! ...Jan ..PS Good articles!!
    Hi Jan
    I wonder if they changed owners or managers. I thought Peanuts were a fairly low carb food ?

Re: Eating Out, Overeating is so easy to do when eating away from home. I am sure I would not be happy if I got on the scale today after yesterdays Brunch with my brother and a friend.
    I hope the doctor appointment was routine.

Enjoy the Grand Daughters Recital.

Thanks for the articles feedback.

I did see this, Congratulations
    Buttons61 19 hours ago
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 13 lbs so far.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I’m in control of if I choose to stay or leave, so don’t feel to badly for me! It’s my own fault for tolerating it. I don’t want to be the boss. I have low tolerance for excuses, etc. I love being a doer, because then I have control of success. Ive worked every night till 10 to midnight. Last night I was supposed to take Em to a school event...i fell asleep at 6 pm and she let me sleep. I hate that she paid the price. Puppies get fixed tomorrow (Sat). I offered to take 3, but my dog partner said i need to sleep...she knows I’m really running on empty. So not planning to bring them home, but helping transport after 11 dogs getting fixed!
    Hi Val
    I know from past experience that being a boss is not easy, When I was a boss for a while I learned quickly how to tell if one of the employees was trying to beat me as far as ding something.

It was thoughtful of Your daughter to let You sleep, She must have decided You needed the sleep more than she needed to go to the event.

Dog partner ?

I hope this weekend is easy
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I think we have gotten 5+inches of rain overnite. I have water pooling all over my yard. We probably needed it. It is damp and grey, but still in the upper 50's to 60. I do have to get out to do shopping for the guest lunch.

Val, that really was sweet of your daughter!! I am sure you needed that rest. Probably a good break from the puppies too. That was thoughtful of your rescue group! <3

The recital was so much fun! They did the Nutcracker and My grand daughter was a China doll. She got to come out twice, and also did a finale with another girl of cartwheels and splits at the end. The whole production was very good.

I still need to decide what to take for guest lunch. And shop..I am so not in the mood!

All the articles were interesting. I hope that tax bill does not pass. People are not very informed and so many do not vote. Love those squirrels! My friend has those at her place. They are so much bigger than grey squirrels, but not quite at 2 feet!! :D I hate when abusers like that are given a slap on the wrist instead of a harsher sentence. They basically did nothing. If I was that elephant, I might have stomped that man, too.. People.. :(

I kind of worry about our military capability. Too many short cuts taken and often lazy people compared to other generations. Most of our planes are in need of repairs and some of the newer designs being built seem somewhat less reliable than in times past...Basically, A mess....

Thanks for noticing my meager little pound...keto is slow, lol.... :#

Stay dry!! ....Jan
  • RogerToo
    Humor has been posted, I hope You enjoy them

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not even one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees. The rain arrived on schedule per yesterdays weather forecast and is still falling currently. The forecast high for today is 60 degrees then starting Monday the temperatures drop for the rest of the week with a period of dry weather for most of the week.

I finally got around to putting the wireless Keyboard and Mouse I bought a while ago on this computer. I'm not saying it may have been sitting on the shelf in the basement a long time but the enclosed batteries from Logitech were leaking and corroded. I am much happier with no mouse wire and the switch freed up a USB port so that I do not need to order a new USB hub to replace the one that died recently. Not to mention that the left shift key which is the one I use has been getting flaky .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/30/medical-board-license-failures-doctor-malpractice-move-states/2159948002/
    Malpractice, mistakes and misconduct: Doctors who surrender medical license in one state still practice in others

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/30/24-million-year-old-tools-found-algeria-could-upend-human-origin/
    2.4-million-year-old tools found in Algeria could upend human origin story

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/7858782/mystery-of-remote-us-zone-near-area-51-where-more-than-2000-planes-have-vanished-in-the-past-60-years/
    THE NEVADA TRIANGLE Mystery of remote US zone near Area 51 where more than 2,000 planes have vanished in the past 60 years
    The area is half the size of England and has claimed the lives of hundreds of pilots over the decades

https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2018/11/29/las-cruces-resident-prove-new-mexico-statehood-washington-dc/2149376002/
    Couple forced to prove that New Mexico is a state while applying for marriage license

https://wgntv.com/2018/11/30/radio-station-stops-playing-baby-its-cold-outside-amid-me-too-movement/
    Radio station stops playing ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ amid Me Too movement

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/military-warns-emp-attack-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order
    Military warns EMP attack could wipe out America, 'democracy, world order'

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I think we have gotten 5+inches of rain overnite. I have water pooling all over my yard. We probably needed it. It is damp and grey, but still in the upper 50's to 60. I do have to get out to do shopping for the guest lunch.

Val, that really was sweet of your daughter!! I am sure you needed that rest. Probably a good break from the puppies too. That was thoughtful of your rescue group! <3

The recital was so much fun! They did the Nutcracker and My grand daughter was a China doll. She got to come out twice, and also did a finale with another girl of cartwheels and splits at the end. The whole production was very good.
    Hi Jan
    As long as the rain is only pooling in Your yard and not running into Your house :smiley:

I know You You were so proud of Your Grand Daughter.
    [/quote]
    I still need to decide what to take for guest lunch. And shop..I am so not in the mood!

All the articles were interesting. I hope that tax bill does not pass. People are not very informed and so many do not vote. Love those squirrels! My friend has those at her place. They are so much bigger than grey squirrels, but not quite at 2 feet!! :D I hate when abusers like that are given a slap on the wrist instead of a harsher sentence. They basically did nothing. If I was that elephant, I might have stomped that man, too.. People.. :(

I kind of worry about our military capability. Too many short cuts taken and often lazy people compared to other generations. Most of our planes are in need of repairs and some of the newer designs being built seem somewhat less reliable than in times past...Basically, A mess....

Thanks for noticing my meager little pound...keto is slow, lol.... :#

Stay dry!! ....Jan
    [/quote]
    Here in NJ we have something similar with the last gas tax they passed. It has automatic increase ability based on how much revenue it generates and so far it has not reached the goal hence a automatic increase is happening and of course as the price per gallon goes up the demand drops and another tax increase will happen :(
    NJ :(

The problem with the military as I see it is the spending cuts from prior administrations.
    The more complex the more maintenance will be needed.

Hey, One pound is a good loss IMO.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val