Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!

I did my running! I got my car serviced. Always free with my warranty. That was nice. They were crowded! I guess everyone else had the same idea. I ate lunch with a friend, and did pretty well. I am putting a gift together so worked on that and hopefully finish that Tuesday.

I guess I have not heard the national weather. i did not realize you all were so cold again. We are like a pleasant fall for now..So subject to change!! :)

Are you getting your goodies ready for Thanksgiving? I am kind of behind myself!! Luckily my son is doing most of it!! Guess we are getting lazy as we get older down here anyway!!

I will be so home on Black Friday myself...Wild horses would not drag me. Except for church, I hope to spend the week end home and not go anywhere!

My short term memory is the pits! I think I will try that walking backwards, lol...

Val, sorry for the work,but enjoy that trip! <3

Be warm!! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 43 degrees.
    I did see 5 deer of assorted sizes running into and then down the road around 1.5 blocks ahead of me. Monday turned into a really nice day outside. This morning when walking I should have worn lighter gloves, I ended up with hands that were too warm inside of them or a bit cold without them.

My Brother plans to stop at the grocery Store today for anything that might have been missed Sunday. So far the Cranberry Sauce has been made and is in a container in the refrigerator. Pumpkin Pies will be baked later today. Likely Stuffing and maybe Mashed potatoes made both ready to be heated on Thanksgiving day once the Turkey has been cooked. The main decision is Cook the Turkey Low and Slow or with a higher heat.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6401779/The-DOG-accused-hate-crime-fouling-outside-home-just-one-2-500-cases-probed.html
    The DOG accused of a hate crime after fouling outside a home in just one of 2,500 cases probed over two years
    Police notes said, dog fouled and 'victim perceived this to be a racial incident'

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-china-economic-espionage-20181116-story.html
    China ‘has taken the gloves off’ in its thefts of U.S. technology secrets

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/11/16/hancock-elevator-fail/
    Hancock Elevator Dropped From 95th To 11th Floor, Passenger Says

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/11/17/bones-of-man-dead-800-years-found-in-suburban-chicago/
    Bones Of Man Dead 800 Years Found In Suburban Chicago

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/108684430/its-a-struggle-to-fit-into-shrinking-airplane-bathrooms
    It's a struggle to fit into shrinking airplane bathrooms

https://www.redding.com/story/news/2018/11/17/camp-fire-dog-paradise-california-butte-county-humane-society/2032346002/
    Dog found after Camp Fire 'protecting the only house left on the block' in Paradise

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We got to Indiana yesterday and have been enjoying visiting. Only worked 1/2 day today. It’s going to be tough to balance. But on driving days, I can’t work because on the road 10-12 hours. Hope you are both having a great week.
    Hi Val
    Remind me when You are home and I shall send You a mailing address :smiley:

That does not sound like much of a vacation if You had to work.

Did You hot any snow or bad weather ? The weather forecasts looked iffy from what I could see.

10 to 12 hours a day of driving can be very tiring.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

I did my running! I got my car serviced. Always free with my warranty. That was nice. They were crowded! I guess everyone else had the same idea. I ate lunch with a friend, and did pretty well. I am putting a gift together so worked on that and hopefully finish that Tuesday.

I guess I have not heard the national weather. i did not realize you all were so cold again. We are like a pleasant fall for now..So subject to change!! :)

Are you getting your goodies ready for Thanksgiving? I am kind of behind myself!! Luckily my son is doing most of it!! Guess we are getting lazy as we get older down here anyway!!

I will be so home on Black Friday myself...Wild horses would not drag me. Except for church, I hope to spend the week end home and not go anywhere!

My short term memory is the pits! I think I will try that walking backwards, lol...

Val, sorry for the work,but enjoy that trip! <3

Be warm!! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    As I see it the only problem with the free Oil change under warranty is that it might, likely is a longer interval than what we do in this house.

We are heading for colder weather, so far not to bad outside :smiley: Later on this week not so nice IMO.

As You can see in the post with the links we are getting the goodies ready. Probably Wednesday a Tray of Olives, Carrot sticks, Celery and more.

Did I mention I saw a recent episode of Storage Wars where they took some watches to be valued and the Person behind the counter said he had been open since 1947, Wow.

I would try walking backwards except that I know I would end up on my backside looking up :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Driving up, we had perfect weather (lowsy traffic though). One night we had snow...i was ip at 2am watching. But bu 7am it had melted except the little bit on my car. I need to start watching the weather for our trip home. I’m okay with working part time. Im still having fun.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

The traffic here is just horrible with the kids out of school and Thanksgiving coming. The grocery stores are crazy too..Happy to be tucked into my little corner and be home for most of it. The craziness has started...and it is loud and never ending..I think I will just watch Hallmark movies from Thanksgiving on, lol...

I know I better do my Christmas early, it takes me forever to accomplish things. We will have great weather, with sun and autumn crispness for the holiday. I can handle that!!

Glad you are still enjoying your break, Val!! :)

I love when they open lockers and find great stuff. I get tickled how some things often look like nothing and turn out to be quite the find..fun stuff.

I am doing a little better on my macros, having my fat, carbs and proteins in a good ratio. Remembering to add butter to things has certainly helped. I also had to tweak some electrolytes, which I fixed by having a Goya bullion cube packet in hot water for my breakfast drink instead of coffee. I felt so off, and I guess I needed sodium. Such a change from the regular diet and B/P warnings of watching salt. I actually need it. I felt better almost immediately. I also take a magnesium supplement every other day. I do get plenty of potassium from my meats and avocado, so that is not such a problem. I have to admit when I eat keto correctly, I have no cravings and I think I will be okay with my cheats and forgoing the carbs for turkey day! I plan to have one bite of my no no's and maybe not that even..I may actually do this (lose the weight!) if I have the patience to lose the weight slowly. But I can sure tell I am losing inches from my body..Weirdest diet ever...I am liking it...

Take care all!! Waiting for turkey!! Yum!!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am trying something different today, Follow this link to see the status post and news links.
    The first time You may need to go to the last page and then go to the last post.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest

Please leave feedback, Thanks

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Driving up, we had perfect weather (lowsy traffic though). One night we had snow...i was ip at 2am watching. But bu 7am it had melted except the little bit on my car. I need to start watching the weather for our trip home. I’m okay with working part time. Im still having fun.
    Hi Val
    I am not surprised that traffic was bad, the busiest travel Holiday IMO.

I am ambivalent regarding working from home, In one way whee, OTOH it can lead to overwork.

Good for You, having fun :wink:

Good Luck with the weather on Your return trip
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

The traffic here is just horrible with the kids out of school and Thanksgiving coming. The grocery stores are crazy too..Happy to be tucked into my little corner and be home for most of it. The craziness has started...and it is loud and never ending..I think I will just watch Hallmark movies from Thanksgiving on, lol...

I know I better do my Christmas early, it takes me forever to accomplish things. We will have great weather, with sun and autumn crispness for the holiday. I can handle that!!
    Hi Jan
    I think, believe that traffic is terrible everywhere, Yesterday My brother took almost an hour to do a 15 minute drive due to traffic and it seems that there was no way to avoid it, He Tried.

Hallmark has been doing Christmas Movies for a little while, I noticed that they had a lot tagged in the Guide as NEW.

I need to decide, buy local or Amazon, I need to compare prices, Amazon is not always the best price :smiley:
    I am planning to get a new Kidde Fire Extinguisher for part of my brothers Christmas gift, I know how cheesy, But he is the one that cooks three meals a day on the stove, so safety first.
    Glad you are still enjoying your break, Val!! :)

I love when they open lockers and find great stuff. I get tickled how some things often look like nothing and turn out to be quite the find..fun stuff.

I am doing a little better on my macros, having my fat, carbs and proteins in a good ratio. Remembering to add butter to things has certainly helped. I also had to tweak some electrolytes, which I fixed by having a Goya bullion cube packet in hot water for my breakfast drink instead of coffee. I felt so off, and I guess I needed sodium. Such a change from the regular diet and B/P warnings of watching salt. I actually need it. I felt better almost immediately. I also take a magnesium supplement every other day. I do get plenty of potassium from my meats and avocado, so that is not such a problem. I have to admit when I eat keto correctly, I have no cravings and I think I will be okay with my cheats and forgoing the carbs for turkey day! I plan to have one bite of my no no's and maybe not that even..I may actually do this (lose the weight!) if I have the patience to lose the weight slowly. But I can sure tell I am losing inches from my body..Weirdest diet ever...I am liking it...

Take care all!! Waiting for turkey!! Yum!!! ...Jan
    Sometimes I am amazed at what they find, Gold and silver coins, Valuable art and more.

Does the Goya have better sodium levels that the other brands of Bullion Cubes. Nice that You were able to diagnose the problem and cure it so easily. It really helps when there are no cravings. If I cheat it takes a couple of days for them to subside :(
    And here comes Thanksgiving, I hope I can be strong and not overeat with carb laden foods. There will be Pumpkin Pie with home made Whipped Cream, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Bread Stuffing, Etc.

I prefer Losing inches vs Losing weight and no inches :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    We’re having a happy day-before thanksgiving. I’m working at the kitchen counter while my friend is making pies and deviled eggs and all sorts of wonderful things! I’ve made good progress on my surprise assignments due the 30th. The day i get home, ill be receiving 5 puppies! Ha! I wanted to wait a couple days but well...they need somewhere to go. Our first driving day (Friday) we’ll have rain during our long drive. The second day, we’re expecting dry weather. Trying to get home by 4pm when the puppies get released following their spay/neuter surgeries. Here’s Em with her honorary brother and sister (we’ve known them since Em was 3, the girl was 1, and the boy was 5).r7t6ue9m8tts.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Great picture Val! You are going to need a vacation after your vacation with the pups coming!! What a schedule!!

Roger, the Goya has lots of sodium. I did not look it up but found one That was close for the tracker. I have to remember to add salt to food, otherwise I need that bullion as replacement as on keto you lose a great deal of it. You drink a lot of water on the keto also. It flushes it out too well sometimes, lol.

I like the red boldface on the link. Not too sure how you did that. Saw the links too. So have you taken up that challenge?

Have a Great Dinner everyone!! We have lots to be thankful for!!

Mind your diets...lol...Jan
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Hi
    Second Day today, Follow this link to see the status post and news links.
    The first time You may need to go to the last page and then go to the last post. If You read yesterday it should lead to the latest post.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-until-join-anytime#latest

Please leave feedback, Thanks

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We’re having a happy day-before thanksgiving. I’m working at the kitchen counter while my friend is making pies and deviled eggs and all sorts of wonderful things! I’ve made good progress on my surprise assignments due the 30th. The day i get home, ill be receiving 5 puppies! Ha! I wanted to wait a couple days but well...they need somewhere to go. Our first driving day (Friday) we’ll have rain during our long drive. The second day, we’re expecting dry weather. Trying to get home by 4pm when the puppies get released following their spay/neuter surgeries. Here’s Em with her honorary brother and sister (we’ve known them since Em was 3, the girl was 1, and the boy was 5).r7t6ue9m8tts.jpeg
    Hi Val
    We made the Pumpkin Pies Yesterday as well as two batches of Bread Stuffing. One Went into the Turkey this morning and the other was baked in a disposable pan yesterday. Many things are prepped or cooked just awaiting heating later today, Deviled Eggs and the tray with Olives, Celery and Carrots still needs to be done as do the Mashed Potatoes and the Whipped Cream.

The remaining Prep should go pretty quickly. We Just Wash the Potatoes, Slice and boil. The bits of skin in the mashed add a touch of color and taste as do the 1/4 pound of Butter and the milk added while Mashing. Almost forgot Home made gravy using the drippings from the Turkey Roaster once it is cooked :smiley:

All Low fat foods of course, Not :blush:

Congrats one the progress of Your surprise assignments.

I hate driving in the rain TBH, It isn't worth rushing in poor weather and IMO rain is considered that by me. It is not so much my driving skills I fear in rainy or snowy weather it is the other drivers. Especially the new ones that never drove in them or have a new to them vehicle that they may not have the feel of in bad weather.

I don;t blame You for wanting a couple of days to recuperate from Your vacation, oh well.

Wow, the Boy is a head taller. Great Picture :smiley:

Enjoy the Holiday and Have a Safe Journey Home
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

Great picture Val! You are going to need a vacation after your vacation with the pups coming!! What a schedule!!

Roger, the Goya has lots of sodium. I did not look it up but found one That was close for the tracker. I have to remember to add salt to food, otherwise I need that bullion as replacement as on keto you lose a great deal of it. You drink a lot of water on the keto also. It flushes it out too well sometimes, lol.

I like the red boldface on the link. Not too sure how you did that. Saw the links too. So have you taken up that challenge?

Have a Great Dinner everyone!! We have lots to be thankful for!!

Mind your diets...lol...Jan
    Hi Jan
    You know that You can create Your own custom entries for food in the MFP Tracker ?

I heard a commercial yesterday while out and about on the car radio. There was a bakery advertising their Keto Friendly Cheesecake :wink:
    That made me curious so I Googled. The page has links to other Keto Desserts
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/low-carb-cheesecake
    Keto cheesecake with blueberries
    And also I saw this which indicates
    https://blog.ketokrate.com/keto-cheesecake-tarts/
    Sometimes you just have a craving for cheesecake. The great thing about the Keto diet is that cheesecake is a delicious dessert we can indulge in nearly guilt free. High in fat, moderate in protein and low in carbs it’s actually a pretty complete Keto food. To be completely honest I’ve eaten cheesecake for breakfast on Keto and felt no remorse.

Since I love Cheesecake :blush:

How I do the red Boldface is easy, You can see the code by quoting the post and looking at the tags around the Text, Ignore the size ones I leave them in just in case MFP implements the again. You Can Also use other colors like this.
    This Link might also help, Sadly MFP does not have all of them implemented.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

I am the only one using that challenge for quite a while, everybody else dropped out, I now use it as a place to put my thoughts in order and had been copying it to the posts. I started it and expected it to run May 23, 2016 to July,3 2016, Oh Well it is what it is.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    BTW here are suggestions from the old NS forums by m2marsh AKA Michelle for Holiday meals

Turkey (white meat) 3 oz, Approx. Calories 133

Ham (fat trimmed) 3 oz, Approx. Calories 150 -- HIGH sodium

Mashed potatoes 1/4 cup , Approx. Calories 75

Stuffing 1/4 cup, Approx. Calories 90

Gravy 1/4 cup, Approx. Calories 25

Sweet potatoes 1/4 cup , Approx. Calories 100

Green Beans (steamed) 1 cup , Approx. Calories 40

Cranberry sauce 2 Tbsp., Approx. Calories 40

Roll (no butter) 1, Approx. Calories 90

Pumpkin Pie (no whip) 1/8 of an 8" pie, Approx. Calories 190

Wine 4 oz., Approx. Calories 90
  • hope4change_val
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was a good one! I had too much...I did have about 1 teaspoon of dressing, about 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes and also my keto stuff. I would have done better if I had not had a 2nd plate of keto later in the evening. My downfall was my grandkids made homemade wonderful crackers that we had with cheese. Also a chocolate torte, homemade with an oreo crust. Probably one of the best things I ever had in my life!! I am getting the recipe from them..for holidays, lol... :) (They don't like pumpkin, sweet potatoe, or pecan pie! :'( ).

I am happy to get back to my diet though..Hope I did not mess up my blood work for later though!

I was happy to get home, though... long day! My grand kids love to play board games which normally I like. However, I do not have a good memory. The first was movies which we each picked, and there were 6 of us. We made it around the table like 4 times...meaning we had to recite everyone's picks in order from memory..which is 24 movies, and I finally could not remember..no surprise ! Then did Pictionary, and my granddaughter and I came in dead last, due to me of course, lol.. Too much thinking!!! I just do not think as fast as they do,( and really do not want to). I really would have enjoyed just talking and catching up, and reminiscing... Is that awful I enjoy my talks with my older friends more now ? We all have old timers! :) But still had a good time being together!

I should have followed your food post Roger, I might have done better!! :#

Love keto cheesecakes!! Those look like good recipes to try!! :)

Enjoy the holiday and week-end! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi, Going back to how I had been doing it unless I get another warning that post is being held for moderation to approve it.

I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 12 degrees. The weather feels more like Mid winter in temperature. Yesterday broke some record cold temperatures and The 12 degrees will be breaking records too. According to the weather forecasts I saw Yesterday came in as the second coldest Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving Day was Good with one exception, That Exception being the overeating.
    I ended up eating Buttered Egg Noodles, Mashed Potatoes and Bread Stuffing with some butter melting into them and smothered in Home Made Gravy. Sprouts and Asparagus Deviled Eggs that came out really tasty, A relish tray, And of course Home Made Pumpkin Pie. I passed on the Home Made Whipped Cream and never did get to the Home Made Cranberry sauce. Turkey Breast in my case covered in Gravy too.
    Yikes, I will need until Christmas to fully recover I suspect. Then Come Two Holiday meals a week apart.
    Later today or Tomorrow I plan on breaking down the Turkey into 9 ounce packages and feed the freezer with much of it. My Brother is planning to break down the Dressing into portions and we will Vacuum seal it as well as much of the Cranberry Sauce. I think that one of the Pumpkin Pies shall be Vacuum Sealed and frozen using a Pleated Vacuum bag that can take the pie, pan and all.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/free-vacations-100-000-discounts-homebuilders-get-desperate#gs.2ARZ9xc
    Free Vacations, $100,000 Discounts: Homebuilders Get Desperate

https://deadline.com/2018/11/amazon-reveals-technical-error-that-exposed-customer-names-emails-just-in-time-for-holiday-shopping-1202505984/
    Amazon Reveals “Technical Error” That Exposed Customer Names, Emails – Just In Time For Holiday Shopping

https://www.propublica.org/article/you-snooze-you-lose-insurers-make-the-old-adage-literally-true
    You Snooze, You Lose: Insurers Make The Old Adage Literally True
    Millions of sleep apnea patients rely on CPAP breathing machines to get a good night’s rest. Health insurers use a variety of tactics, including surveillance, to make patients bear the costs. Experts say it’s part of the insurance industry playbook.

Related Links
    https://www.propublica.org/article/health-insurers-are-vacuuming-up-details-about-you-and-it-could-raise-your-rates
    and
    https://www.propublica.org/article/your-medical-devices-are-not-keeping-your-health-data-to-themselves

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-spend-too-much-time-sitting-and-not-exercising-at-all-study-finds/
    Most Americans spend too much time sitting, study finds

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/california/la-me-ln-skid-row-voter-fraud-20181120-story.html
    Election fraud scheme on L.A.'s skid row got homeless to sign fake names for cigarettes and cash, D.A. says

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/21/well/move/regular-exercise-may-keep-your-body-30-years-younger.html
    Regular Exercise May Keep Your Body 30 Years ‘Younger’
    The muscles of older men and women who have exercised for decades are indistinguishable in many ways from those of healthy 25-year-olds

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi, Going back to how I had been doing it unless I get another warning that post is being held for moderation to approve it.

I'm back home from walking and once again nothing found. The Temperature out the door was 12 degrees. The weather feels more like Mid winter in temperature. Yesterday broke some record cold temperatures and The 12 degrees will be breaking records too. According to the weather forecasts I saw Yesterday came in as the second coldest Thanksgiving day.

Thanksgiving Day was Good with one exception, That Exception being the overeating.
    I ended up eating Buttered Egg Noodles, Mashed Potatoes and Bread Stuffing with some butter melting into them and smothered in Home Made Gravy. Sprouts and Asparagus Deviled Eggs that came out really tasty, A relish tray, And of course Home Made Pumpkin Pie. I passed on the Home Made Whipped Cream and never did get to the Home Made Cranberry sauce. Turkey Breast in my case covered in Gravy too.
    Yikes, I will need until Christmas to fully recover I suspect. Then Come Two Holiday meals a week apart.
    Later today or Tomorrow I plan on breaking down the Turkey into 9 ounce packages and feed the freezer with much of it. My Brother is planning to break down the Dressing into portions and we will Vacuum seal it as well as much of the Cranberry Sauce. I think that one of the Pumpkin Pies shall be Vacuum Sealed and frozen using a Pleated Vacuum bag that can take the pie, pan and all.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/free-vacations-100-000-discounts-homebuilders-get-desperate#gs.2ARZ9xc

https://deadline.com/2018/11/amazon-reveals-technical-error-that-exposed-customer-names-emails-just-in-time-for-holiday-shopping-1202505984/
    Amazon Reveals “Technical Error” That Exposed Customer Names, Emails – Just In Time For Holiday Shopping

https://www.propublica.org/article/you-snooze-you-lose-insurers-make-the-old-adage-literally-true
    Millions of sleep apnea patients rely on CPAP breathing machines to get a good night’s rest. Health insurers use a variety of tactics, including surveillance, to make patients bear the costs. Experts say it’s part of the insurance industry playbook.

Related Links
    https://www.propublica.org/article/health-insurers-are-vacuuming-up-details-about-you-and-it-could-raise-your-rates
    and
    https://www.propublica.org/article/your-medical-devices-are-not-keeping-your-health-data-to-themselves

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-americans-spend-too-much-time-sitting-and-not-exercising-at-all-study-finds/

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/california/la-me-ln-skid-row-voter-fraud-20181120-story.html
    Election fraud scheme on L.A.'s skid row got homeless to sign fake names for cigarettes and cash, D.A. says

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/21/well/move/regular-exercise-may-keep-your-body-30-years-younger.html
    The muscles of older men and women who have exercised for decades are indistinguishable in many ways from those of healthy 25-year-olds

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo

Related Links
    and

Have a Great Friday
    Roger