Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Morning!

My noodles and a grow light come in on Sat. That recipe above looks really good too. I have practically no indoor light, so I plan to pile all my philodendrons on the piano for the winter and put up the grow light. Hopefully they will be happy little campers!!

I have lost no more weight but I have lost more inches. I can live with that. I have had one or two little things not strict keto, but have pretty much adhered to it. I like the energy and clear head and not too many cravings. Every now and then though! I almost stopped for a Big Mac and was going to ditch the bun, but I knew I had food at home I should eat just to be economical. I liked I had the thought and fortitude to ditch that bun if needed, lol...

What a mess of the voting in Fla. Good grief!! The wildfire pictures from Cal. were just awful. It affects so many, and just at the holidays. Though no time is good losing everything. Do we realize how many people are displaced in the country right now...aside from the usual which is bad enough. So grateful for my little acre!

Well, my plants are ready for the weather coming. Still need to do a little outside, but there is a light rain at the moment..and I am rather slow!! May May has chased things and barked and played so she is snuggled in her bed.

I am going to move my plants and then contemplate where all the pictures are going to have to go that were on the piano. Have you noticed work is never done, lol!! :#

Take care all!! Have a good week end!! ...Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I posted more humor a few seconds ago

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 44. The rain in the forecast for Friday afternoon arrived, It did move out earlier than forecast. We hit 100% precip Friday too, I do not now if it rained into Saturday as the rain appeared to have ended early before 10PM Friday despite the earlier forecast that showed it going into Saturday morning. Better for me, it was only wet and even the trees did not drip on me while walking. I did take care not to step into puddles and tried to avoid walking through wet leaves on the sidewalks. Two reasons for that, I hate wet feet and I would not want to step on an uneven surface or a hidden branch under the leaves.

The Halloween decorations are gone and I have started seeing Christmas lights this week.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/11/07/texas-juvenile-judge-frees-defendantsafter-losing-re-election-democrat
    After losing seat to Democrat, Texas judge frees most juvenile defendants, skips court

Say What !
    https://freebeacon.com/politics/losing-dem-politicians-now-say-can-truthful/
    After Losing, Dem Politicians Now Say They Can Be Truthful

https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/thousand-oaks-was-third-safest-city-in-us-before-mass-shooting/
    Thousand Oaks was third-safest city in US before mass shooting

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning!

My noodles and a grow light come in on Sat. That recipe above looks really good too. I have practically no indoor light, so I plan to pile all my philodendrons on the piano for the winter and put up the grow light. Hopefully they will be happy little campers!!

I have lost no more weight but I have lost more inches. I can live with that. I have had one or two little things not strict keto, but have pretty much adhered to it. I like the energy and clear head and not too many cravings. Every now and then though! I almost stopped for a Big Mac and was going to ditch the bun, but I knew I had food at home I should eat just to be economical. I liked I had the thought and fortitude to ditch that bun if needed, lol...
    Hi Jan
    Mine arrived yesterday, I was a little surprised by the weight and that the foods were in a cardboard box inside the amazon box along with a potato peeler I ordered. Be careful opening the foods box, I was surprised that they are in plastic bags with water in the bag too. You would not want to slice those bags opening the box they are in.

No lost weight but lost inches is a good thing to me that means fat being replaced by muscle.

If stopping at McDonalds I would have gotten something like a double 1/4 pounder if they are still selling that. A big Mac although tasty is not good due to the three buns and special sauce. Even better that the Burger would be a Grilled Chicken and not breaded Chicken sandwich and ditch the bun.
    What a mess of the voting in Fla. Good grief!! The wildfire pictures from Cal. were just awful. It affects so many, and just at the holidays. Though no time is good losing everything. Do we realize how many people are displaced in the country right now...aside from the usual which is bad enough. So grateful for my little acre!

Well, my plants are ready for the weather coming. Still need to do a little outside, but there is a light rain at the moment..and I am rather slow!! May May has chased things and barked and played so she is snuggled in her bed.

I am going to move my plants and then contemplate where all the pictures are going to have to go that were on the piano. Have you noticed work is never done, lol!! :#

Take care all!! Have a good week end!! ...Jan :)
    The Voting in Georgia appears to be just as bad, The person on the losing side by a small number of votes For the Governor is not giving up and that may end up with an automatic runoff election dragging out the suspense.

California appears to be suffering a lot of serious fires this year, My brother has wondered out loud if someone is setting them.

I have noticed that no matter what You do there is always something else waiting it's turn.

Good Luck with that Grow Light
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,

People are hanging onto their change, or do not have any! :# Plastic taking over?

I should get my boxes today! Looking forward to it! Thank you for the warning! I will be careful opening it!!

It is downright cold and damp here. Tonite gets colder and damper. All the way to Fla. Tough for recovery efforts;

Not accomplishing as much as possible, but I am guessing it will wait on me! :D

Priorities, I have to play with May May!!

Good you are extra careful with the wet ground and leaves! They can be slippery little suckers and hid a multitude of things!!

I would be bring that judge up on charges if I could. Childish and dangerous. People are crazy!!

Do not work too hard!! Stay warm!!
  • RogerToo
    More humor has been posted FWIW

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. Yesterdays wind is gone and it was not bad outside while walking.

Last night was the first night of the season I left the heat running instead of turning it off upon retiring and back on after rising. From the weather forecast I think it will now be running 24 - 7 until spring.

Yesterday I took a Stainless Steel pan, melted some butter in it and tossed in some Dried Sweet Corn left from last years crop, one it was done popping, a Dish with a paper towel for the grease AKA melted Butter, Salted to taste and a nice crunchy treat if likely not super low calorie. When I say popped I do not mean they pop like Popcorn they pop back up to slightly larger that the original kernel. I do have to keep the lid on so as not to get splattered with stings and is messy.

https://www.thewrap.com/houston-chronicle-retracts-8-stories-after-fraud-investigation-we-apologize-to-our-readers/
    Houston Chronicle Retracts 8 Stories After Fraud Investigation: ‘We Apologize to Our Readers’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6371355/Relics-lost-continents-hidden-Antarctica-revealed-satellite-images.html
    Relics of 'lost continents' hidden under Antarctica are revealed by satellite images after scientists track 200 million years of tectonic plate shifts

https://qz.com/1458475/the-dea-and-ice-are-hiding-surveillance-cameras-in-streetlights/
    The DEA and ICE are hiding surveillance cameras in streetlights

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/welfare-generation-kids-households-getting-government-assistance-drop
    The Welfare Generation: 51.7% Kids in 2017 Lived in Households Getting Govt Assistance

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-macedonia-extends-state-emergency-borders-143842662.html
    The Latest: Greece arrests 5,633 at airports with fake ID

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning,

People are hanging onto their change, or do not have any! :# Plastic taking over?

I should get my boxes today! Looking forward to it! Thank you for the warning! I will be careful opening it!!

It is downright cold and damp here. Tonite gets colder and damper. All the way to Fla. Tough for recovery efforts;

Not accomplishing as much as possible, but I am guessing it will wait on me! :D

Priorities, I have to play with May May!!

Good you are extra careful with the wet ground and leaves! They can be slippery little suckers and hid a multitude of things!!

I would be bring that judge up on charges if I could. Childish and dangerous. People are crazy!!

Do not work too hard!! Stay warm!!
    Hi Jan
    I had not thought about that, it could be due in part to people using Credit or debit cards especially if they have one with rewards.

I was hoping You would see the warning in time, I would hate to have You slice them open when You opened the Box.

I am trying to decide. do I want to try the "Rice" in chicken broth with a sliced up carrot from the garden, yes I have been leaving them in the ground until I plan to use them as they will stay real fresh that way. Or try the "Rice in Cream of Mushroom or have my brother pick up a can of Cream of Chicken / Cream of Turkey.

There are people still trying to recover from Super-storm Sandy's damage and that was in 2012, so sad. I hope Florida is luckier.

That judge sounded like a petty minded person to me. I lost so Bleep You Texas is what came to mind.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. Was busy all yesterday with Rescue activities...today (Sunday), I'm working.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Some interesting stories above! 50 some % of kids on assistance sure seems like something is wrong. However, I also have to say, considering what I bring in a year, I think I am taxed way too much. I pay more now then when I was working and seem to be awfully penalized for putting away money and then using it. I would have done better to pay the taxes while working, instead of waiting while I am retired. of course, that is just me...

Yes, I am assuming it will take 10 years or more to recover, and somethings are just lost for good.

Glad you warned me on those noodles! Mine came in a box barely big enough for the bags, and that was the only box. The tape was holding it somewhat as there was a small gap in the top, but it was taped securely. I might have got one cut for sure, lol. Plan to try one Monday!

We got to see the sun 2 days in a row!! Hallelujah! Almost did not recognize it, lol!

That was a great turkey you scored for free by the way!! :)

I trimmed bushes and trees yesterday, and can actually move though I am stiff. I was rather excited, but pooped!! Some parts of me sure felt older than the last time I did it!

Val, you are so good to do the rescues when you work so hard! That is dedication!! <3

Take care all!! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/11/09/lodi-second-chance-brain-tumor/
    Lodi Man Gets Second Chance At Life When Brain Tumor Vanishes Without Surgery
    It happened to a Lodi man who turned to his faith and the very community he has spent years helping

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6372547/Worlds-accurate-tracks-changes-temperature-NOSE.html
    The reverse Pinocchio effect: Your nose actually SHRINKS when you lie because its temperature drops

https://www.apnews.com/12b857e5305042f39336e814fdaeb5b8
    Artists, intellectuals call for ‘European Republic’
    BERLIN (AP) — Artists and intellectuals across Europe are calling for the founding of a continentwide republic to replace its many nation states.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2018
    Hi. Was busy all yesterday with Rescue activities...today (Sunday), I'm working.
    Hi Val
    Wow, You have had a busy weekend. Doing the rescues and then working the next day.

Take Care of Yourself
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Some interesting stories above! 50 some % of kids on assistance sure seems like something is wrong. However, I also have to say, considering what I bring in a year, I think I am taxed way too much. I pay more now then when I was working and seem to be awfully penalized for putting away money and then using it. I would have done better to pay the taxes while working, instead of waiting while I am retired. of course, that is just me...

Yes, I am assuming it will take 10 years or more to recover, and somethings are just lost for good.
    Hi Jan
    I have no doubts that among the 50% are kids that get free foods in school.
    things like this could be skewing the percentages.
    http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/freelunch/freelunch.htm
    LUNCH IS FREE FOR ALL NYC PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS!

The New York City Department of Education (DOE) is pleased to announce that breakfast and lunch are completely free for all students in every New York City public school.

Things that water can ruin such as family photos and paperwork will be gone for good :(
    Glad you warned me on those noodles! Mine came in a box barely big enough for the bags, and that was the only box. The tape was holding it somewhat as there was a small gap in the top, but it was taped securely. I might have got one cut for sure, lol. Plan to try one Monday!

We got to see the sun 2 days in a row!! Hallelujah! Almost did not recognize it, lol!

That was a great turkey you scored for free by the way!! :)

I trimmed bushes and trees yesterday, and can actually move though I am stiff. I was rather excited, but pooped!! Some parts of me sure felt older than the last time I did it!

Val, you are so good to do the rescues when you work so hard! That is dedication!! <3

Take care all!! ...Jan B)
    I was lucky, they packed the factory box inside a amazon box with something else I ordered, it sounds to me like Your only had the 6 pack box from the factory.

You had a problem figuring out what that bright glowing thing in the sky was I see :wink:

It is hard to beat free and all the great leftover turkey will be useful after I break it down into portions and Vacuum Seal it.

I think or maybe I am sure that I have a little less energy each year and take longer to bounce back.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

All day heavy rain here with thunderstorms later. Washout for sure. So much for finishing my yard work!! Well, not like I do not have a ton of other things to do! :D

Hmmm, a European federation. Interesting unless they turn from democracy as such...

Tackling the grow light today. Church was an all day thing yesterday. And apparently I had a brain cramp!! Instead of following keto, I was excited to have caffeine at the church and drank some french vanilla coffee. It totally hit me after it has a ton of sugar, lol...Followed up with lunch at church, realizing I had a cabbage salad and three bean salad that had sugar in the dressing! I avoided casseroles and bread and dessert. Then for small group I went with eggs and sausage, skipping the grits and toast! I had a taste of the triple chocolate cake for birthdays, but had the size of 1/4 of a cupcake. Totally knew that one but promised I would have some to the girl that bought it. By the end of the day, I had like 130 carbs instead of 20, lol. Total meltdown and brain cramp, lol! I dreaded the scale as that is lethal on keto, like a quick 5 lb gain. Happily I was at my lowest instead. Of course I might have stopped a nice loss..but back to keto today and thankful, though wondering where my mind was! :#

Oh my gosh you are cold at 28 degrees. Good thing you prepare for the cold! Not quite ready for Thanksgiving yet myself mentally, but sure enjoy your preparations for the day. I am not sure if I am going all keto, or call it a day and have some mashed potatoes and real stuffing. I am thinking keto with a spoonful of the real stuff, lol!

Take care all, we are flooding (water pooling) a little here. Guess we are getting more rain than I thought, and the ground is saturated. All is good though I notice my front porch is pooling more than it used to. giving that some thought... Jan
  • hope4change_val
    In San Antonio it seems like 99% of the kids are on free lunch...except Emily. BUT...all those parents have much nicer cars than i do! 🤬
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 45 degrees. The rain in the forecast made its predicted appearance on schedule. It is supposed to be goner before noon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6375329/Scorched-earth-space-Stunning-satellite-images-brutal-path-California-wildfires.html
    Scorched earth from space: Stunning satellite images show brutal path of California wildfires

https://www.fastcompany.com/90265536/report-id-thieves-are-exploiting-usps-mail-scanning-service-secret-service-warns
    ID thieves are exploiting USPS mail-scanning service, Secret Service warns

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/you-may-be-surprised-by-the-most-popular-halloween_us_59e10b5ce4b02e99c5835624
    You May Be Surprised By The Most Popular Halloween Candy In Your State

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

All day heavy rain here with thunderstorms later. Washout for sure. So much for finishing my yard work!! Well, not like I do not have a ton of other things to do! :D

Hmmm, a European federation. Interesting unless they turn from democracy as such...
    Hi Jan
    There is more rain in Your forecast than in mine and I am not happy with my forecast.

I suspect that those pushing for a European federation are not interested in democracy rather that they are interested in control.
    Tackling the grow light today. Church was an all day thing yesterday. And apparently I had a brain cramp!! Instead of following keto, I was excited to have caffeine at the church and drank some french vanilla coffee. It totally hit me after it has a ton of sugar, lol...Followed up with lunch at church, realizing I had a cabbage salad and three bean salad that had sugar in the dressing! I avoided casseroles and bread and dessert. Then for small group I went with eggs and sausage, skipping the grits and toast! I had a taste of the triple chocolate cake for birthdays, but had the size of 1/4 of a cupcake. Totally knew that one but promised I would have some to the girl that bought it. By the end of the day, I had like 130 carbs instead of 20, lol. Total meltdown and brain cramp, lol! I dreaded the scale as that is lethal on keto, like a quick 5 lb gain. Happily I was at my lowest instead. Of course I might have stopped a nice loss..but back to keto today and thankful, though wondering where my mind was! :#
    Yikes, All the sugar in the coffee, Followed by the three bean salad, depending on what beans the carbs could be up there just from the beans such as Kidney Beans could be adding carbs too. Good work skipping the Grits and Toast. Here in NJ it would have been Home Fries and Toast.

How could You not have a taste of the Birthday Cake ? I would have had to do that also.
    Oh my gosh you are cold at 28 degrees. Good thing you prepare for the cold! Not quite ready for Thanksgiving yet myself mentally, but sure enjoy your preparations for the day. I am not sure if I am going all keto, or call it a day and have some mashed potatoes and real stuffing. I am thinking keto with a spoonful of the real stuff, lol!

Take care all, we are flooding (water pooling) a little here. Guess we are getting more rain than I thought, and the ground is saturated. All is good though I notice my front porch is pooling more than it used to. giving that some thought... Jan
    The 7 day forecast is for colder Overnight and daytime temperatures than today's which is an anomaly.

I wonder if the porch has settled or just saturated ground or poor drainage. A level would show if the porch has settled.

Drainage is very important. Porches should be higher at the house and the ground around the house should also be graded to direct water away from the foundation.

Stay Warm and Dry
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I have to find long pants (normally I wear shorts)...it’s 34 degrees out. Happy Tuesday.
  • RogerToo
    In San Antonio it seems like 99% of the kids are on free lunch...except Emily. BUT...all those parents have much nicer cars than i do! 🤬
    Hi Val
    I remember back when there were actual food stamps that the people using them were buying better foods than I could afford and that they drove better cars too. Talk about working the system.

When I was in grade school kids that got free foods were rare. There were a few that got a free milk when they handed out the milk.
    I have to find long pants (normally I wear shorts)...it’s 34 degrees out. Happy Tuesday.
    I do not blame You, I actually use shorts in the house year round and for more than 50% of the year when waking. I have both setup with belts and can easily swap the contents of the pockets as needed.

Stay warm
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Must be the comfort factor! I wear shorts in the house all the time. too! Unless I never get out of my P.J.s like today! Cold, wet and dark today. I got up late and rolled over again and got up really late! I was just exhausted- I guess from yard and church and moving furniture from the plants and grow lights.. I did not even think to plan a get together for Tuesday with my friend. Not too sure she was real happy with me. :/

I did get out in the drizzle with May to play ball in the dark at supper time..she was happy with me! :) It was beyond soggy!

People around me here seem to have retired with far more money than I did. I lament that!! Paid my house insurance and found my county tax statement I thought I had paid. Luckily, while a little late, I did have till the end of the year. I was so lucky to see it. Swiss cheese mind here...

I remember free milk for some. That was about it. I remember being lucky enough in elementary school to have a nickle for a rocket bar on some Fridays. But went without too. They were like an ice cream bar without the stick, about 1/2 the size, more like candy bar size. That was an infrequent treat. Sure were good though!!...So were cream-sickles at the show on Saturdays!! memories....

Stay bundled for sure!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    More Humor is already posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and still No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. There in rain in the forecast for Tuesday afternoon into Friday. The forecast is for the northern half of NJ to start as a wet snow and rain in the southern part. The Snow is supposed to turn to rain at some point.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/1-million-Americans-live-in-RVs-Meet-the-modern-13383991.php
    1 million Americans live in RVs. Meet the 'modern nomads.'

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/kansas-city-health-department-pours-bleach-on-food-meant-for-homeless-people
    Kansas City Health Department pours bleach on food meant for homeless people

https://www.studyfinds.org/thankful-black-friday-average-consumer-spend-520/
    Thankful For Black Friday: Average Consumer To Spend $520 On Deals

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/well/live/too-much-caffeine-may-stress-the-heart.html
    Too Much Caffeine May Stress the Heart
    In moderate doses caffeine has mainly positive effects for most people. But it increases production of cortisol, which can lead to health problems including anxiety, weight gain and heart disease.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Must be the comfort factor! I wear shorts in the house all the time. too! Unless I never get out of my P.J.s like today! Cold, wet and dark today. I got up late and rolled over again and got up really late! I was just exhausted- I guess from yard and church and moving furniture from the plants and grow lights.. I did not even think to plan a get together for Tuesday with my friend. Not too sure she was real happy with me. :/

I did get out in the drizzle with May to play ball in the dark at supper time..she was happy with me! :) It was beyond soggy!

People around me here seem to have retired with far more money than I did. I lament that!! Paid my house insurance and found my county tax statement I thought I had paid. Luckily, while a little late, I did have till the end of the year. I was so lucky to see it. Swiss cheese mind here...

I remember free milk for some. That was about it. I remember being lucky enough in elementary school to have a nickle for a rocket bar on some Fridays. But went without too. They were like an ice cream bar without the stick, about 1/2 the size, more like candy bar size. That was an infrequent treat. Sure were good though!!...So were cream-sickles at the show on Saturdays!! memories....

Stay bundled for sure!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    If the house feels cold then I put Pajama pants on over the shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Why over the shorts ? That is because the pockets in the Pajama pants are shallow and the Cell phone falls out and can be hard to find.

Over doing it can leave a person tired the following day. I hate it when it is soggy outside. As I recollect we get a 10 day grace period before a penalty and interest are added on to the total.

I recall going to free movies several times a year at a local movie theater. You had to get tickets from one of the businesses that sponsored them.

This was one of them that I recall the title of: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Ghosts
    13 Ghosts is a 1960 American horror film written by Robb White and directed by William Castle starring Jo Morrow, Rosemary DeCamp, Martin Milner, Donald Woods, and 12-year-old child actor Charles Herbert.

As You say, memories

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val