Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Earlier this week I decided to get up 2 hours early so i made time to exercise and plan/prepare my meals...and work is surging...so I’m failing at everything. Every day, I wake with a headache. I’m exhausted, and feeling really sick again. My yard needs attention (I’ve only kept up the front.) no, I really can’t do 10k steps (currently) and meet all my other obligations. Sleep is a requirement. Feeling frustrated and glum. Heading to an adoption event. Puppy plus 4-6 dogs. At least the weather will be nice.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I just posted more humor, Partially Cat based today

Hmm...
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-24/more-half-america-gets-more-welfare-it-pays-taxes
    Over Half Of America Gets More In Welfare Than It Pays In Taxes

https://www.boston25news.com/news/a-painting-of-jesus-was-the-only-thing-to-survive-a-hellish-inferno/859134439
    A painting of Jesus was the only thing to survive a hellish inferno

https://www.apnews.com/daf47512c8f74e869b722782299b4a0e
    AP Investigation: Hospital patients held hostage for cash

https://globalnews.ca/news/4595203/u-s-updates-volcano-18-very-high-threat/
    18 volcanoes now pose ‘very high threat,’ U.S. government warns

https://globalnews.ca/news/4594526/mcdonalds-dog-scam-burgers/?utm_source=Homegnca-national&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014
    This ‘gold-diggin’ dog sneaks out to McDonald’s, acts like a stray to scam customers for burgers

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/antibiotic-resistance-bacteria-infection-superbug-ecoli-uti-symptoms-lancet-a8601641.html
    Antibiotic 'Trojan horse' could defeat superbugs causing global medical crisis, trial finds
    Drug which exploits infectious bacteria's iron obsession to bypass defences could provide a new last line of defence

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor, Partially Cat based today

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 45 degrees and as comfortable as it could be with the rain that forecast for today, Saturday. Since it was only rain falling I decided to go walking, while walking the wind started blowing. I did see a pair of walking appetites eating the landscaping at one of the Churches here in town :(

All day Friday they kept revising the weather forecast, Only as to when the rain and wind would arrive. They kept moving it later and later during Friday, and the last one I saw mentioned arriving around Midnight Friday in Saturday, I suspect it slowed down even more based on what I saw out the window prior to walking and while walking, Or to put it another way despite the steady rain the Puddles were not to bad.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. For the painting session, Maggie had emailed a photo of each of oue dogs. They printed the picture on paper for our reference and also transferred a very minimal outline onto the canvas. I haven’t painted since kindergarten! (Well, excluding the interior walls of my house). I was delighted that I can tell it’s Oscar. But then I looked at the others....they painted individual hairs!!! There’s were amazing...as they all discussed how many art classes they’ve had and they have the entire Bob Ross painting system etc, etc, etc. um, I remember white and black make gray!!! Yea...quite a range of experience in the class. But i did it!
    Hi Val
    Interesting, I do not remember but likely I did do finger-painting back then, I also tried paint by numbers and that was not that successful either, oh well, I never claimed to be artistic :(

I am not surprised that people that had taken painting classes did that, I think that for someone that never had a class or painted like that in years, Yours was more impressive, IMO :smiley:
    BTW art paintings should not be photo looking.

Whatever a Bob Ross painting system is unless he is that guy on PBS that churns out landscapes in less than a 1/2 hour ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Val, I thought those pictures were spectacular!! I do not think I could do that!!

Roger, the pit has a dome grill, no protection but came with a cover. It should last several years, hopefully!!

I am having hungry days! Not sure if it was the sugar from the Chinese meal or what set it off. Some poor planning on my part too. I just can not pretend the paleo or keto bread is as good as wheat/ flour bread with yeast, lol...

Cheated some but with keto stuff making my carbs a little high.. Hopefully I will get back to normal..have not gained weight though..always good. :)
    Hi Jan
    I find that too many carbs create cravings in my body, I really do suspect that many foods that are sold as take out or as snack or Grocery Store Hot Foods are designed to create cravings by design and that they do work for that.
    Can I guess that the Ciniese had no MSG ?

Not gaining weight is good, not quite as good as losing but not bad, there are days I would settle for not gaining :(

Dome Grill, Does that mean it is a cover against rain ? I wonder if it could be used with some sort of accessory for smoking or grilling foods ?
    Yep, you are in a drought for change, Roger!!

Island disappearing was interesting. Poor animals..

Think I will skip that Wild West town, too many mishaps!!

I always thought I was middle class. I just told my daughter we are evidently the richer of the poor... No surprise in that article... :|

Rest up some!! Week end time!! ...Jan
    The Island disappearing can not be blamed on Global warming as I see it, only on Mother nature.

If that Wild West Town was an easy drive, I would go :wink:

I think at best I am at the Bottom of middle class or middle lower class even if I combine My brothers and my incomes. Fortunately everything is paid for in terms of the house and transportation.
    The taxes and Utility bills including phone, TV and Internet are bad enough.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

No money!! :/ This might be the longest you have gone without finding something!! Hope you will find something this week!!

Played ball with May Mat twice today. The cooler air is making her frisky. LOL..Not so with me. No energy. I took my B/P and it was 114/68.. I think it is too low for me. I am blaming that on my lack of get up and go.. I am awake now and it is 130/ 76 and I wish I felt that way in the morning instead of bedtime. I will have to give it some thought..

Actually the dome for the fire pit is a screened dome, to protect against embers. You can but a grill to sit inside for cooking if so desired.

The dog who begs for Mcd was a story here too. Funny, but I feel someone will hurt or take him after the publicity. I hope not.

Chilly for the day with wind and dampness. It was in the 60's but chilly, not spring like 60's. Al. weather is crazy. Reminds me more of the 40's myself!!

Have a good day!!.....Jan
  • RogerToo
    humor was just posted, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees and comfortable, Saturday's weather forecast came true with a steady rain all morning. It also appears that there was some more rain overnight since things outdoors were wet.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/10/26/ngineering-study-texas-red-light-cameras-illegal/
    Lack Of Engineering Study May Make Hundreds Of North Texas Red-Light Cameras Illegal

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/10/26/apple-and-samsung-punished-for-slowing-down-old-smartphones/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_campaign=7f3a3cdd56-Naked+Security+daily+news+email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31623bb782-7f3a3cdd56-418502465
    Apple and Samsung punished for slowing down old smartphones

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-10-canadian-doctors-museum.html
    Canadian doctors to start prescribing museum visits

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

No money!! :/ This might be the longest you have gone without finding something!! Hope you will find something this week!!

Played ball with May Mat twice today. The cooler air is making her frisky. LOL..Not so with me. No energy. I took my B/P and it was 114/68.. I think it is too low for me. I am blaming that on my lack of get up and go.. I am awake now and it is 130/ 76 and I wish I felt that way in the morning instead of bedtime. I will have to give it some thought..

Actually the dome for the fire pit is a screened dome, to protect against embers. You can but a grill to sit inside for cooking if so desired.

The dog who begs for Mcd was a story here too. Funny, but I feel someone will hurt or take him after the publicity. I hope not.

Chilly for the day with wind and dampness. It was in the 60's but chilly, not spring like 60's. Al. weather is crazy. Reminds me more of the 40's myself!!

Have a good day!!.....Jan
    Hi Jan
    I sure hope so, It feels weird not to see any money.

I find that the cooler weather makes me feel more energetic, whether that is a truth or a placebo effect I do not know.

If I was installing a Fire Pit, I might grill using it rather than a Gas or Charcoal Grill.

I just thought the Dog story was interesting :smiley:

The Dampness always makes the temperatures feel colder than they are.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!

Quite the long day with church, having lunch with a friend and small group. I did manage to stay keto and I am proud I was not tempted by favorites.

Maybe I will seriously lose weight after all. Even if very slowly. I can sure see some physical rearrangements that are unlike any diet I have been on. Very interesting!!

I am trying out keto recipes to replace stuffing for Thanksgiving. So far the favorite is ground sausage, cubed eggplant, celery, onion and sage. Do not even miss the dressing, and if the eggplant is cubed small, it looks like stuffing and absorbs the flavor of the sausage. It is so good I plan on having it as a meal on a day I do not want to cook much.

You sure have to be in the mood for those all day rains!!

Pretty sure my Chinese had MSG..Though it has been a while since I saw a menu as it is a buffet and I have not got tale out or menu items there in a while, lol!!

Good stories!!! Take care in that changeable weather!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne

I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 47 degrees and comfortable, There was some more rain overnight since things outdoors were wet once again.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-rome-protests/romans-protest-at-eternal-decline-of-italian-capital-idUSKCN1N10GO
    Romans protest at eternal decline of Italian capital

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/your-dna-is-out-there-do-you-want-law-enforcement-using-it#gs.GH=AkpM
    Your DNA Is Out There. Do You Want Law Enforcement Using It?

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/26/sidewalk-labs-ann-cavoukian-smart-city/
    Google’s smart city dream is turning into a privacy nightmare

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6316275/Alcohol-helps-remember-good-times-not-bad-ones-study-says.html
    You CAN drink away your troubles, study says: Alcohol affects a gene making your brain forget the bad times and only remember the good ones

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!

Quite the long day with church, having lunch with a friend and small group. I did manage to stay keto and I am proud I was not tempted by favorites.

Maybe I will seriously lose weight after all. Even if very slowly. I can sure see some physical rearrangements that are unlike any diet I have been on. Very interesting!!

I am trying out keto recipes to replace stuffing for Thanksgiving. So far the favorite is ground sausage, cubed eggplant, celery, onion and sage. Do not even miss the dressing, and if the eggplant is cubed small, it looks like stuffing and absorbs the flavor of the sausage. It is so good I plan on having it as a meal on a day I do not want to cook much.

You sure have to be in the mood for those all day rains!!

Pretty sure my Chinese had MSG..Though it has been a while since I saw a menu as it is a buffet and I have not got tale out or menu items there in a while, lol!!

Good stories!!! Take care in that changeable weather!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I have had Sausage Stuffing in the past, I will also admit that I prefer Bread stuffing with butter and gravy on it once it hits the plate. Congratulations on finding a tasty substitute. I wonder how Cauliflower would work instead of Eggplant ?

I am not in the mood for all the rain, It makes me wonder if it will be a snowy winter.

No Menu means You would have had to ask. Sometimes I believe they use MSG instead of working on a better flavor from the ingredients.

Thanks
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Lucky and 2 adult dogs got adopted! No more fosters until after we’re back from Thanksgiving vacation. We’re going to Indiana and Michigan. Em has her first homecoming dance this coming weekend.
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Sounds like congratulations all around!! I am glad you found some adopters!! <3 Vacation sounds awfully nice! I hope you have a really good time and also Em has a wonderful homecoming!

Roger, I think the cauliflower would not work so well. It still kind of keeps it's flavor, though if the small pieces work, the sausage might mask it. Eggplant is less strong and takes on the flavors much better. I know I am not too impressed with the pizza crust made from cauliflower...tastes like cauliflower. I like it, lol..but not in my pizza!!

Not too hungry today...I like having no cravings. It is so nice!!

Politicians sound the same everywhere, don't they? Boar running thru the city is not good!!

Looks like the N.E. got a lot of rain!

Don't anybody work too hard...Except on dieting!! ...Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    I shall be posting more humor shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees and comfortable. The Weather for Halloween is forecast for a high in the 60s, Whoopee.

I see that my Non Frozen NS order is being shipped from CHAMBERSBURG, PA USA, and that this seems a bit weird "Label created, Shipment information sent to FedEx, Sparks, NV
    As well as My Frozen NS order From Breinigsville, PA USA is "In transit, On FedEx vehicle for delivery from CARTERET, NJ
    Hopefully it will arrive earlier than the last two and not have to sit on the porch overnight to help it stay frozen. I prefer to process it in before 4PM when If I am feeling worn out I can get 3 hours of shuteye before the evenings activities.

Now for some Humor :smiley:
    The Businessman, the Beach, the Bible ...
    A businessman was in a great deal of trouble. His business was failing, he had put everything he had into the business and he owed everybody. It was so bad he was even contemplating suicide.

As a last resort he went to a priest and poured out his story of tears and woe. When he had finished, the priest said, "Here's what I want you to do. Put a beach chair and your Bible in your car and drive down to the beach. Take the beach chair and the Bible to the water's edge, sit down in the beach chair and put the Bible in your lap. Open the Bible; the wind will rifle the pages, but finally the open Bible will come to rest on a page. Look down at the page and read the first thing you see. That will be your answer, that will tell you what to do."

A year later the businessman went back to the priest and brought his wife and children with him. The man was in a new custom-tailored suit, his wife in a mink coat, the children shining. The businessman pulled an envelope stuffed with money out of his pocket, gave it to the priest as a donation in thanks for his advice.
    The priest recognized the benefactor and was curious. "You did as I suggested?" he asked.
    "Absolutely," replied the businessman.
    "You went to the beach?"
    "Absolutely."
    "You sat in a beach chair with the Bible in your lap?"
    "Absolutely."
    "You let the pages rifle until they stopped?"
    "Absolutely."
    "And what were the first words you saw?"
    "Chapter 11."

https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/why-you-should-cheer-not-gripe-when-teens-come-trick-or-treating/
    Why you should cheer, not gripe, when teens come trick-or-treating

I find these statistics hard to believe.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/26/why-peanut-food-allergies-have-become-almost-epidemic.html
    Why peanut reactions have become 'almost epidemic' — and what to do about food allergies
    A study from the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute at New York's Mount Sinai hospital found that from 1997 to 2008, peanut allergies tripled from 1-in-250 children to 1-in-70.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/SF-spends-300k-register-noncitizen-voters-how-much-13340917.php?t=1cc71b89e3SF spends $300,000 to register noncitizen voters — a whopping 49 sign up

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cats-invasive-species-in-your-backyard-cbsn-originals/
    Killer cats: The invasive species in your backyard.
    But in one notable case, humans have been happy to make an invasive species feel at home. We're talking about cats: one of the most prolific invasive species in history.

The National Wildlife Federation defines invasive species as any kind of living organism — an animal, plant, seeds, even bacteria or fungus — that is not native to an ecosystem and causes harm. It turns out that domesticated cats have no native range. Originally bred from wild cats and introduced to North America by European colonists, domesticated cats are now listed as one of the top 100 invasive species worldwide by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.

More by following the link

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Lucky and 2 adult dogs got adopted! No more fosters until after we’re back from Thanksgiving vacation. We’re going to Indiana and Michigan. Em has her first homecoming dance this coming weekend.
    Hi Val
    Whee, No fosters to add to You load for a month, Enjoy the Freedom.

I know that You are aware of the weather at that time of the year and will stay comfortably dressed too.

I was curious how many days the batteries in the heated mittens were good for and they ran out today while walking, I was not worried as I also carry a hand warmer in a pocket of the hoodie that I slip inside the Mittens if need be.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

Sounds like congratulations all around!! I am glad you found some adopters!! <3 Vacation sounds awfully nice! I hope you have a really good time and also Em has a wonderful homecoming!

Roger, I think the cauliflower would not work so well. It still kind of keeps it's flavor, though if the small pieces work, the sausage might mask it. Eggplant is less strong and takes on the flavors much better. I know I am not too impressed with the pizza crust made from cauliflower...tastes like cauliflower. I like it, lol..but not in my pizza!!

Not too hungry today...I like having no cravings. It is so nice!!

Politicians sound the same everywhere, don't they? Boar running thru the city is not good!!

Looks like the N.E. got a lot of rain!

Don't anybody work too hard...Except on dieting!! ...Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    I never noticed that Cauliflower had much of a taste, oh well :smiley:

Yesterday for my Lunch I tried Chow Fun Chinese Take out as it looked a lot like a Thai Dish I like, Wide Rice Noodles, vegetables etc. I ordered the Beef version, Plenty of Beef, However it was a bit hotter than I like and tasted like a lot of ground black pepper had been used. I will likely not order it again. The Good Part was that it does not come with Rice. My bad I also ordered Chicken Nuggets and Pork Eggroll :(

FWIW at least where I am Burger King has been advertising 10 Nuggets for $1, What a Temptation since I like Nuggets :wink:

Politicians sound the same and act the same and Likely work from the same party Play book :(
    And then they wonder why they are disliked.
    Here in NJ the Governor is using the Pittsburgh Shooting to go for even tougher gun standards despite the statistics showing that most of the guns used in crimes in state were purchased out of state and brought here illegally.

Congratulations, I wish I did not have cravings Today after Yesterdays Chinese.
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger

I also noticed this
    Buttons61 yesterday
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 10/28/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congrats
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I ran out of half and half this morning for my coffee and used creamer that is sugar free. However I noticed I am hungry after. I understand about those cravings!! Chinese is hard to resist!! :#

Loved your business man joke!! Not what I was expecting!!! :D

Gun control is a weird subject. I wish they would just try something for a trial period, maybe just more mental health screenings...Violence needs to be addressed...

Wishing I would lose a little just to maintain my sanity, lol... Panera bread Weds with my group,, and no sugar free things to eat... :s Los of temptations though...

Weather is nice here...fall! hard to believe you are so cold...

Those strange shipments are hard to work around! Like Amazon and 8 pm deliveries!!

Hang in there!! have a good day!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    The beach chair and Bible joke wasn't what I was expecting...but it was cute. The house seems empty with only 4 dogs! Granted, they are old and unassuming. I love fosters, but I really enjoy the down time to just enjoy my babies. I need to start planning for our road trip...like finding the ice scraper, etc. here’s Em’s homecoming dress
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees and comfortable. The Weather for Halloween is forecast for a high in the 60s, Whoopee.

The frozen portion of my NS order arrived at 3:25 PM and was checked in and stored away in the freezer by 4:10PM.
    The Non Frozen portion shows as leaving West Virginia at 11:51PM Tuesday evening, Hmm...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/upshot/a-sense-of-alarm-as-rural-hospitals-keep-closing.html
    A Sense of Alarm as Rural Hospitals Keep Closing

https://www.studyfinds.org/declining-trust-americans-sending-grave-sooner/
    Declining Trust Among Americans May Be Sending Many To Grave Sooner

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vaccine-billboards-appear-several-states-104234260.html
    Anti-vaccine billboards appear in several states

Good, I do not want to smell the smoke either
    https://www.westword.com/news/marijuana-smell-lawsuit-that-could-endanger-colorado-pot-biz-goes-to-trial-10952118
    Marijuana Smell Lawsuit That Could Endanger Colorado Pot Biz Goes to Trial

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I ran out of half and half this morning for my coffee and used creamer that is sugar free. However I noticed I am hungry after. I understand about those cravings!! Chinese is hard to resist!! :#

Loved your business man joke!! Not what I was expecting!!! :D

Gun control is a weird subject. I wish they would just try something for a trial period, maybe just more mental health screenings...Violence needs to be addressed...

Wishing I would lose a little just to maintain my sanity, lol... Panera bread Weds with my group,, and no sugar free things to eat... :s Los of temptations though...

Weather is nice here...fall! hard to believe you are so cold...

Those strange shipments are hard to work around! Like Amazon and 8 pm deliveries!!

Hang in there!! have a good day!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I wonder if the craving was a result of an ingredient in the Creamer. Chinese is near irresistible.

I'm glad You enjoyed the joke, I liked it too.

I tried the new NS Cherry Cheese Roll this morning, Tomorrows I will try the new NS Cinnamon Raisin Bagel or the new NS Five Seed Roll, a creamy blend of cheeses, rolled up inside a warm, seed-coated crust for a bakery-inspired breakfast.

Tomorrows I may also try the New NS Lunch, Egg White Spinach Crepe, sautéed spinach, melted feta cheese and fluffy scrambled egg whites. Lightly seasoned and neatly tucked inside a deliciously delicate whole-wheat crepe. It will either be tasty or nasty.

The Amazon drivers with their own delivery service tend to ignore the instruction inside on the front porch. FedEx, UPS and the USPS do fine with that. I could call and complain however I hate getting people in trouble, I'm just waiting for one to get soaked and then I shall Call.

Good Luck at Panera Bread, Maybe if You eat before going ? :smiley:
    Roger