Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Bought a new workbook: the Beck Diet Solution weight loss workbook...cognitive therapy. Exercise is not optional. Must schedule it into life plus look for spontaneous opportunities too. Need accountability coach. Need an eating plan. Understand triggers and have preplanned response. (I know we know that...just sharing as i go.)
    Hi Val
    If I could only hit the Lottery :wink: Then I would hire a Nutritionist Cook or one of each to work on my diet :)
    That approach might work better, toss an exercise trainer into the mix and Success,Hopefully.
    This book provides no info about what to eat or how much...you have to select a diet approach and back-up approach on your own. Mine are MFP, backup NS, secondary backup intermittent fasting. There are 24 cards to help redirect my thoughts. Here’s #1. Last night i did 1/2 of a walking video. Seriously out of shape...but that’s so much more than I have been doing. 👏

Interesting card and approach with no info on what or much to eat.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Yep, Roger, had to shop, lol!! I was out of food, especially protein! Can not be out of food on the keto diet!! Most places offering food on the go make carbs too tempting for me..I would not throw them out..I would eat them!!

I guess I should realize you had a frost..just didn't for some reason!!

Val, we know all that about dieting, but it is so hard to organize all that into losing!! Never a waste trying methods to lose!! <3

Assembling a fire pit today..harder to unwrap from box than assemble I think!! It was hard getting the sand home from Lowes too, lol!! :# Ran out of light for set up outside as I watered and also had to catch up on FarmTown, too! Also e-mails!! It almost seemed easier when I worked, lol...Only had time to work and sleep...not anything else!! But I enjoy not going I must say!! Wish there was a happy medium when working! I am sure you find that especially , Val!

Interesting articles, especially on the ghost flight! Guessing I would not want to live in Vancouver, lol!!!

Be safe! Be warm!! Be diet like, lol...! :D ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I am overstocked in the Refrigerator basement freezer with cooked proteins from the bargain bins and the Hot food section at the ShopRite Grocery Store. The only trick is remembering to pull a pack out the day before to defrost overnight in the refrigerator.

Today is our one warmer day in the entire forecast period.

I would swear I had more free time when I was working :wink:

The bags of Sand get heavy quick. Luckily if we Buy at Lowes or Home Depot they will provide help loading the back of the Pickup truck.

The Ghost flight was weird, Landed and everything.

It seems we are not the only country selling ourselves off overseas.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited October 2018
    Good morning!

I just was tired today, I guess from cutting all the cartons up to fit in the car to recycle. It is hard work as well as bending over putting things together. Stuff is a little heavy. My back is sore, so will have to wait a day to get the sand from the trunk. At least it is a downward kind of journey, lol!!

Val, so far the cards sound motivational! That is good!! :)

Robot animals should never replace the real thing. Except for people who should never have real animals. I can see our civilization lost doing that though..

Cool about the Dog Island wrecks. A guy who stayed on the island had a house that survived. It was built to survive a cat 5 and on highest ground and it did with really no harm..Hate to imagine what it cost though..not for the average person; though if they used his codes, they will save billions next time...

Loving the cooler weather!!

Take care all! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I had a great day. Started at 4am. After feeding dogs, I put on a Zumba DVD. I should never try to do that in public. Parts of me were still going one direction when I was trying to go the otger direction. It feels like there are a million steps. I changed my Fitbit goal from 5kbto 10k. And I did it! Ate healthy without hunger. Oatmeal breakfast, hard boiled egg snack, nutrisystem chili plus bell pepper lunch, and frozen lasagna dinner. I’m puppy-sitting one of the pups that was adopted while they’re on a quick trip (back Friday). I can’t want robot pets to replace real ones, but definitely the best option for some people. Part of the fun of a pet is their mischievous antics. It helps with bonding. And people shouldn’t expect perfection from people or pets, so it gives a false expectation. Diapering a baby 10 times a day isn’t “fun” but it is in the process of actively caring for the little creature who truly depends on you, that you learn about them and you...and about love! Tomorrow night a friend is taking me on a surprise outing for my birthday (August). So, I’ll be out all evening! I have no clue what we’re doing. It’s bring your own beverage, and we need to be there at 6:15. Previously I was beyond uncomfortable with not knowing. But, First, I totally trust this friend, and second, I need to nit be in charge...just show up and have fun. Take care!
  • hope4change_val
    Today’s card is on giving yourself credit for each positive step. Preparing so we don’t only look at the scale for positive feedback, plateaus are a part of the journey. NSV.dgaghd6viail.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    The latest humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 45 degrees and comfortable.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/worlds-oldest-intact-shipwreck-discovered-in-black-sea/ar-BBOLpXU
    World's oldest intact shipwreck discovered in Black Sea

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bible-museum-says-five-of-its-dead-sea-scrolls-are-fake/ar-BBOJXXJ
    Bible Museum says five of its Dead Sea Scrolls are fake

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/10/22/exploding-toilets-prompts-recall-of-1-4-million-flushmate-flushing-systems/
    Exploding Toilets Prompts Recall Of 1.4 Million ‘Flushmate’ Flushing Systems

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/now-apps-can-track-you-even-after-you-uninstall-them#gs.iHyUwHc
    Now Apps Can Track You Even After You Uninstall Them

https://www.yahoo.com/news/giant-mice-threaten-rare-seabirds-remote-british-island-172447225.html
    Giant mice threaten rare seabirds on remote British island

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-rescues-kitten-glued-busy-road-181308736.html
    Oregon man rescues kitten glued to busy road

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I just was tired today, I guess from cutting all the cartons up to fit in the car to recycle. It is hard work as well as bending over putting things together. Stuff is a little heavy. My back is sore, so will have to wait a day to get the sand from the trunk. At least it is a downward kind of journey, lol!!

Val, so far the cards sound motivational! That is good!! :)

Robot animals should never replace the real thing. Except for people who should never have real animals. I can see our civilization lost doing that though..

Cool about the Dog Island wrecks. A guy who stayed on the island had a house that survived. It was built to survive a cat 5 and on highest ground and it did with really no harm..Hate to imagine what it cost though..not for the average person; though if they used his codes, they will save billions next time...

Loving the cooler weather!!

Take care all! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Hmm... I hope You do not have a leaker in the trunk where You need to vacuum sand out afterwards. If I wanted to put bags of anything in my trunk I would have to remove items that might a puncture in the bags.

Robot animals are better than nothing if the person is not able to clean up after a Dog or Cat and possibly are really allergic types.

I thought that the Dog Island Wrecks was interesting too. The Local TV news showed one house that was built to withstand hurricanes and it looked like new, just not cheap. I wonder if it were the same house.

I seem to recall newer building codes that are supposed to minimize hurricane damage. More or less like California Building codes that are designed to minimize Earthquake damage.

The problem is the expense and that insurance will not cover it. Even if the building comes through unscathed what about the infrastructure such as Power, Gas, Water and Sewage ?

Enjoy the Nicer Weather
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I had a great day. Started at 4am. After feeding dogs, I put on a Zumba DVD. I should never try to do that in public. Parts of me were still going one direction when I was trying to go the other direction. It feels like there are a million steps. I changed my Fitbit goal from 5kbto 10k. And I did it! Ate healthy without hunger. Oatmeal breakfast, hard boiled egg snack, nutrisystem chili plus bell pepper lunch, and frozen lasagna dinner. I’m puppy-sitting one of the pups that was adopted while they’re on a quick trip (back Friday). I can’t want robot pets to replace real ones, but definitely the best option for some people. Part of the fun of a pet is their mischievous antics. It helps with bonding. And people shouldn’t expect perfection from people or pets, so it gives a false expectation. Diapering a baby 10 times a day isn’t “fun” but it is in the process of actively caring for the little creature who truly depends on you, that you learn about them and you...and about love! Tomorrow night a friend is taking me on a surprise outing for my birthday (August). So, I’ll be out all evening! I have no clue what we’re doing. It’s bring your own beverage, and we need to be there at 6:15. Previously I was beyond uncomfortable with not knowing. But, First, I totally trust this friend, and second, I need to nit be in charge...just show up and have fun. Take care!
    Hi Val
    I have never used exercise DVDs :blush:

Unless I am remembering in error the NS Chili was to hot for me, one taste and my brother got the rest of the heated and unopened Chili.
    Bell Pepper Lunch ?
    Frozen lasagna from the Grocery Store or frozen home made lasagna ?
    It is not that hard to make since You can get the Flat Lasagna Pasta in a no cooking needed, just soak in water, use a Canned Sauce, and the different cheeses in ready to us form. Making Your own Lasagna allows for many meat options and quantities.

Good Luck with the surprise outing.
    Today’s card is on giving yourself credit for each positive step. Preparing so we don’t only look at the scale for positive feedback, plateaus are a part of the journey. NSV.dgaghd6viail.jpeg
    Hmm... I look at the scale as validation of how I'm doing.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I noticed these too
    hope4change_val 4 hours ago
    lost 0.6 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 18 lbs so far.
    And
    Buttons61 14 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 10/23/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    and
    hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 1.6 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 17.4 lbs so far.

Congratulations to Both of You
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I had a lovely evening. My friend Maggie took me out to an Italian restaurant (I had a Mediterranean salad), then she took me to a “paint your pet” class. I painted a “Celebration of Oscar!”
    iwsqtbr8kmiy.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, really tired tonite and hoping I can walk tomorrow, lol... I finished putting the fire pit together. Simple though not easy physically. I had a minute of panic wondering if it would fit thru the door...fine time to think of that, when done. Luckily it did. I washed and rearranged some of the patio furniture which needed it since the beginning of summer. It had pretty green lichen all over. :# Sand must wait till the morning.

Oh did I overeat at the Chinese buffet. Too much baked (possibly broiled) crab with celery, green pepper and cheese. I forgot how many carbs are in whitefish, which is the imitation crab, and their's is so good!! Usually I am at 20 carbs and I finished at 93!!! I had green beans too. I even stayed away from all the fried goodies that I loved! I paid for it too and weighed heavy. I also was not hungry again till 6 pm tonite. :s

Can't wait till we see where you went tonite, Val!!! How cool!! <3 Like these cards you have!!

I can not eat too spicy anymore either, Roger!! :#

Keep losing all!! ...Jan
  • Buttons61
    Val!! Such beautiful paintings of your doggies!! Did you all do that yourselves!!? They are just awesome!!! <3<3
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 38 degrees and comfortable.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/23/overuse-of-antibiotics-risks-return-to-dark-ages-of-life-threatening-surgery
    Overuse of antibiotics 'risks return to dark ages of life-threatening surgery'
    Warning comes as report shows 3 million common surgical procedures could be hazardous if infections become resistant to antibiotics

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/738068/fossil-discovery-120-million-year-old-lungs-bird-found-china
    Evolution BREAKTHROUGH: Scientists discover 120 MILLION-year-old lungs

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/738361/mh370-news-hacking-lead-investigation-search-latest-updates
    MH370 breakthrough: Passengers on board who were potential hackers IDENTIFIED
    MH370 investigators have identified "curious passengers" aboard the missing jet who may have had the ability to hack its communications systems, according to a man who lost his wife and two children on board.

https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2018/10/brothers_could_pay_nearly_half.html
    Detroit News
    Brothers face $450,000 in penalties for removing trees from their property

https://www.ksat.com/news/no-clowns-allowed-michigan-city-bans-clowns-on-halloween
    No clowns allowed. Michigan city bans clowns on Halloween
    Oak Park city officials say clowns are too scary

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Houston-schools-in-2019-list-of-best-colleges-13328065.php
    New report ranks San Antonio university as one of the best in the nation

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I had a lovely evening. My friend Maggie took me out to an Italian restaurant (I had a Mediterranean salad), then she took me to a “paint your pet” class. I painted a “Celebration of Oscar!”
    Hi Val
    That does taste delicious to me.

A paint Your pet class is something I never heard of, Interesting.

Nice work by both of You on the paintings.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, really tired tonite and hoping I can walk tomorrow, lol... I finished putting the fire pit together. Simple though not easy physically. I had a minute of panic wondering if it would fit thru the door...fine time to think of that, when done. Luckily it did. I washed and rearranged some of the patio furniture which needed it since the beginning of summer. It had pretty green lichen all over. :# Sand must wait till the morning.

Oh did I overeat at the Chinese buffet. Too much baked (possibly broiled) crab with celery, green pepper and cheese. I forgot how many carbs are in whitefish, which is the imitation crab, and their's is so good!! Usually I am at 20 carbs and I finished at 93!!! I had green beans too. I even stayed away from all the fried goodies that I loved! I paid for it too and weighed heavy. I also was not hungry again till 6 pm tonite. :s

Can't wait till we see where you went tonite, Val!!! How cool!! <3 Like these cards you have!!

I can not eat too spicy anymore either, Roger!! :#

Keep losing all!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    That would have been bad if it did not fit through the door, I might have assembled it in place just to save carrying something heavier than the individual parts.

The Pretty Green Lichen :smiley: You could have removed it when sitting on the furniture. I have forgotten what the Sand was for, Could You refresh me memory ?

I my Humble or maybe not so Humble Opinion it is impossible not to overeat at a Buffet of any type. Are You saying Real Crab and Imitation Crab both.

93 Carbs, Yikes !

A lot of that weight gain will be water weight. I find it impossible to believe that anybody can gain more than a liitle real weight no matter how much You eat in one sitting.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

We had a grey rainy day. I did get out to watch my grand-daughter at ballet practice. She just started and loves it. Spent the day home, and enjoyed that.

The imitation crab was so much because I estimated I had 4 cups. Just guessing, did not measure. I actually have no idea what real crab would be. Imitation crab is whitefish. I do not know why it is so high. My guess is sugar added though it is last on the ingredient list. Seems high for a fish, lol..

The sand is put in the bottom of the fire pit to protect the kettle bottom. It also protects the ground beneath too, absorbing some of the heat. I plan to work on that Friday.

The lichen barely comes off with a scrub brush and bleach.. It is a hearty little lichen!! :#

Sorry you are not finding money!! People are hanging on to it, it seems!!

Stay on track all!! ...Jan Have a good week end!!
  • RogerToo
    I have just posted some new humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and No Money found. The Temperature out the door was 34 degrees and comfortable.
    There is rain in the forecast for later today into Saturday. If the rain Saturday is as forecast for amount and the winds then I will be staying home Saturday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/24/hawaiian-island-erased-by-powerful-hurricane
    Hawaiian island erased by powerful hurricane: ‘The loss is a huge blow’

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/412928-middle-class-is-disappearing-in-california-as-wealth-gap-grows
    Middle class is disappearing in California as wealth gap grows

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disney-world-land-allegedly-confirmed-as-favorite-spot-to-scatter-family-ashes
    Disney World, Disneyland custodians claim parks are popular spots to scatter ashes

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article220518140.html
    NC woman went to buy a Mega Millions ticket, but it’s not how she won $1 million

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article220439185.html
    Infamous Ghost Town theme park in NC mountains vows to reopen. Some call it ‘cursed’

https://www.france24.com/en/20181024-paradise-lost-tourist-spots-danger-being-loved-death
    Paradise lost: Tourist spots in danger of being loved to death

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

We had a grey rainy day. I did get out to watch my grand-daughter at ballet practice. She just started and loves it. Spent the day home, and enjoyed that.

The imitation crab was so much because I estimated I had 4 cups. Just guessing, did not measure. I actually have no idea what real crab would be. Imitation crab is whitefish. I do not know why it is so high. My guess is sugar added though it is last on the ingredient list. Seems high for a fish, lol..

The sand is put in the bottom of the fire pit to protect the kettle bottom. It also protects the ground beneath too, absorbing some of the heat. I plan to work on that Friday.

The lichen barely comes off with a scrub brush and bleach.. It is a hearty little lichen!! :#

Sorry you are not finding money!! People are hanging on to it, it seems!!

Stay on track all!! ...Jan Have a good week end!!
    Hi Jan
    How nice for You to see the ballet practice. A day off from getting out is as good as a short vacation.

The only reason I can see for the sugar would be to make it taste more like real crab and of course to appeal to American tastes :smiley:

I would have thought that the sand might hold water and lead to faster corrosion ?

Hearty indeed, Maybe a commercial Lichen cleaner or bleach remembering to wear rubber gloves.

Indeed they are either not dropping or are picking it up or someone is beating me to it, even locations where I was reliably finding money I am not finding it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    Hi. For the painting session, Maggie had emailed a photo of each of oue dogs. They printed the picture on paper for our reference and also transferred a very minimal outline onto the canvas. I haven’t painted since kindergarten! (Well, excluding the interior walls of my house). I was delighted that I can tell it’s Oscar. But then I looked at the others....they painted individual hairs!!! There’s were amazing...as they all discussed how many art classes they’ve had and they have the entire Bob Ross painting system etc, etc, etc. um, I remember white and black make gray!!! Yea...quite a range of experience in the class. But i did it!
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Val, I thought those pictures were spectacular!! I do not think I could do that!!

Roger, the pit has a dome grill, no protection but came with a cover. It should last several years, hopefully!!

I am having hungry days! Not sure if it was the sugar from the Chinese meal or what set it off. Some poor planning on my part too. I just can not pretend the paleo or keto bread is as good as wheat/ flour bread with yeast, lol...

Cheated some but with keto stuff making my carbs a little high.. Hopefully I will get back to normal..have not gained weight though..always good. :)

Yep, you are in a drought for change, Roger!!

Island disappearing was interesting. Poor animals..

Think I will skip that Wild West town, too many mishaps!!

I always thought I was middle class. I just told my daughter we are evidently the richer of the poor... No surprise in that article... :|

Rest up some!! Week end time!! ...Jan