100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Spent the day at an adoption event. It was 45-50 degrees plus wind. So we packed up earlier than planned. No adoptions, but lots of nice folks. One couple thinking about it. Another family wants to help foster over Christmas break. I brought three baby boys home to foster: Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    wnstldgsay70.png
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

Aww, so cute, Val!! And great names!! :)

You brought up a lot of great points, Roger! Sorry those proceedings got tied up for you.

We are flooding and windy down here. Rain should stop by Sunday night.

I did get my tree up..Little, but Christmas y! :#

Hope you all had some cozy day time!! ...Stay dry...Jan ;)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and one penny was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees.

https://apnews.com/6732ac51dd604804830fc370875cb14f
    New NASA lander captures 1st sounds of Martian wind

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/12/06/park-west-post-office-no-packages/
    Exclusive: Upper West Side Post Office Not Accepting Packages As Holidays Hit Full Swing

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/07/worlds-oldest-bird-lays-egg-wisdom-albatross
    World's oldest known wild bird to become a mother for the 37th time
    Wisdom, a 68-year-old Laysan albatross, has laid another egg with her longtime lover at the Midway Atoll national wildlife refuge

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/rare-brain-eating-amoebas-kill-seattle-woman-leave-doctors-bracing-for-possible-repeats/
    Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again

Not the first and likely not the last to be caught.
    https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/crime/2018/12/05/appleton-man-charged-posing-doctor-held-200-k-bond/2216983002/
    Appleton man charged with posing as a doctor, held on $200k cash bond

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/the-magical-moment-a-photographer-spotted-a-rare-white-reindeer-in-the-snow
    The 'magical' moment a photographer spotted a rare white reindeer in the snow
    Mads Nordsveen recalled being so mesmerized that it was a few seconds before his photographer instinct kicked in: 'We looked straight into each others eyes'

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/12/06/barred-owls-hit-by-cars-rescued-massachusetts/
    Dozens Of Barred Owls Rescued After Getting Hit By Cars

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Spent the day at an adoption event. It was 45-50 degrees plus wind. So we packed up earlier than planned. No adoptions, but lots of nice folks. One couple thinking about it. Another family wants to help foster over Christmas break. I brought three baby boys home to foster: Alvin, Simon, and Theodore.
    Hi Val
    I'm sorry that the adoption event did not go better.

So You brought home the Chipmunks :wink: I have no doubt that I will be hearing them singing Christmas Music sooner or later.

Good Luck with the Fostering
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!

Aww, so cute, Val!! And great names!! :)

You brought up a lot of great points, Roger! Sorry those proceedings got tied up for you.

We are flooding and windy down here. Rain should stop by Sunday night.

I did get my tree up..Little, but Christmas y! :#

Hope you all had some cozy day time!! ...Stay dry...Jan ;)
    Hi Jan
    Not as sorry as I am, What a pain in the neck dealing with the attorney handling the will in Iowa, So that makes three states involved. California who is holding up everything, Iowa where the will needs to be probated and closed out and here in NJ where I am handling things long distance.

I was just looking at my upcoming NS order and I found 4 different frozen Dinners That look delicious. They would be Chicken Marsala, Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pasta, Four Cheese Manicotti, and Mac and Cheese.

I hope You are in a non flooding area and that the Power stays on.

Cheers
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The puppies are doing well. They are scared of people but I’m working with them. They were raised by their moma dog until 9 weeks with little human involvement. Then they were all together with routine housekeeping. It’s hard to care for 6 pups at once. So at 11 weeks now, they are getting the individual cuddles. I need to get treats to help this process.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Theodore is the shortest cubbiest pup.💜fkcvw92e7x8t.png
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning.

Sweet picture! He is the only one with those cute little black eyebrows, too! Sounds like you have your hands full, Val! They are all cuties! I liked the one on the right side of the picture, too. He looked kind of like he had that needy air about him!

Yay, Roger, you found a penny!! That is remarkable now days, isn't it, lol!! :)

Rain has finally stopped. I have a feeling my rain gauge is full. I will have to get out there tomorrow. I had church and small group and then home for a nap. I did not eat enough at lunch, and had the munchies after a late quick supper. I had an extra bag of pork rinds, so I hate to see me tomorrow. But it could be worse I guess! We both will have something to work off!! :#

Stay warm all!! Hope everyone has a good week!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees. Sunday here was gray and clouded over and the only way it could have looked worse outdoors would be if it had rained.

At 8:30AM the new kitchen floor is scheduled to be installed. I am hoping it is not super disruptive to my staying 100% NS for the mid day meal. If it is going to run later than that I may have to have some sort of takeout food or go hungry. Staying 100% for the last few days and turning down temptation has let me lose some weight :wink:
    Naturally either my brother of myself will need to be home while the installation is going on. I let my brother decide what is going on the floor and he wanted something that no water could get through as well as being economical thus for now at least Linoleum, Congoleum as I remember,

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/worlds-smallest-cow-stuns-owners-13703238
    'World's smallest cow' stuns owners days after giant steer Knickers went viral
    Lil' Bill, from Mississippi, in the US, weighs a teeny-weeny 4.5kg which is the same as a domestic cat, nearly a tenth of other cows his age and 300 times lighter than Knickers

https://apnews.com/592c1bf3301a4054ada912cdad699ca2
    China launches pioneering mission to far side of moon

https://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/14371705-74/police-youngwood-carjacking-suspect-attacked-woman-outside-westmoreland-county-prison
    Police: Drug dealer released from prison, then carjacks woman in parking lot

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/north-carolina/north-carolina-race-shines-light-on-ballot-harvesting/884597359
    Disputed House race puts spotlight on 'ballot harvesting'
    https://www.malaymail.com/s/1699790/galapagos-giant-tortoise-gene-study-hints-at-longevity-secrets
    Galapagos giant tortoise gene study hints at longevity secrets

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The puppies are doing well. They are scared of people but I’m working with them. They were raised by their mama dog until 9 weeks with little human involvement. Then they were all together with routine housekeeping. It’s hard to care for 6 pups at once. So at 11 weeks now, they are getting the individual cuddles. I need to get treats to help this process.
    Hi Val
    That 9 weeks may be a nuisance to overcome. Good Luck getting them involved with humans.
    Theodore is the shortest chubbiest pup.💜fkcvw92e7x8t.png
    Pit Bull or Pit Bull Mix ? I ask that as You seem to get them as a default when taking on Pups.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.

Sweet picture! He is the only one with those cute little black eyebrows, too! Sounds like you have your hands full, Val! They are all cuties! I liked the one on the right side of the picture, too. He looked kind of like he had that needy air about him!

Yay, Roger, you found a penny!! That is remarkable now days, isn't it, lol!! :)

Rain has finally stopped. I have a feeling my rain gauge is full. I will have to get out there tomorrow. I had church and small group and then home for a nap. I did not eat enough at lunch, and had the munchies after a late quick supper. I had an extra bag of pork rinds, so I hate to see me tomorrow. But it could be worse I guess! We both will have something to work off!! :#

Stay warm all!! Hope everyone has a good week!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I thought it was unusual finding anything lately, remarkable fits :(

I have been down the last two morning when I clambered onto the scale, So wish me luck today.

Pork rinds. Bummer a high calorie food. Thankfully they are something I do not crave. However if the bags were Cheetos or Potato Chips regular, Rippled or Honey BBQ the entire bag would be a goner and I would be unhappy later :blush:

Stay Warm and Dry, Your weather could have been worse as in NC.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    In this case we know the mon and dad dogs. Dad is a golden retriever mix and mom a chihuahua-corgi. Nobody looks like a pit, so that’s fortunate. What a difference a couple days make...the babies all climb on my lap even without treats. They all enjoy belly rubs and ear scratches and snuggles. Alvin (green eyes) is the alpha so he’s most independent. My chunky snuggle boo (Theodore with the black nose) had been most frightened, but he’s gaining confidence. Jan -Simon is on the right in that first pic. He is the most social and balanced...first to climb in my lap. My Duke loves puppies. Every pup we’ve fostered, Duke is big brother there to play. During the day, he napped with the pups. On other news...I still haven’t heard from my boss since his screaming attack. No clue what he wants. I have plenty of work to do.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope your floor was installed. it can take longer than you think, I guess!! What does it look like?

Liked the pics of the littlest cow. Seeing the large ones, and the little one--they are kind of surreal.

The pork rinds are not my favorite munchee. They are the one I can have on keto, however. Best to be over calories, than eat a non keto food, lol.. I think I was fixing to lose big time, hence the hunger. Oh well!! First time I have been actually hungry.

So glad I am not in N.C.! I do not mind the cloudy or rainy days, especially as I was at home!!

Have to do some things Tues. to make up for being lazy today. my B/P was low again today.. I am going with that!! Not just lazy, lol...

Stay warm!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just :smiley: posted more humor, Poor cat got caught with it's paw in the Cookie jar so to speak :wink:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 20 degrees. Our first chance of precipitation is Friday night through Saturday with a drenching rain Saturday morning. The sky was nice and clear so I expect it to warm up fairly quickly to around 40 degrees.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/webkit-vulnerability-affects-latest-versions-of-apple-safari/
    WebKit Vulnerability Affects Latest Versions of Apple Safari
    A researcher published exploit code for a vulnerability in WebKit, the web browser engine that powers Apple's Safari, along with other apps on macOS, iOS, and Linux.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/12/08/manarrested-protestingat-breakfast-santa-event-cleburne-church
    'Don't mess with Santa': Man protesting Santa at Cleburne church arrested on trespassing charge

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article222842940.html
    SC man goes on Christmas decoration burning spree, police say

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/9/dr-thomas-macphail-deland-animal-hospital-veterina/
    Veterinarian sues dog owner over negative Yelp review

https://apnews.com/2093aed062e2450ea0cb6c1032b60766
    US to shut down Idaho nuclear waste processing project

This doesn't seem to make the news here in the USA
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/746953/south-africa-land-reforms-white-farmers-constitution-changed-cyril-ramaphosa
    ‘Your time is up’ South Africa sets date for white farmer land grabs – March 2019
    SOUTH Africa has set a date for when its much-criticised land expropriations can begin after a politician declared: “Your time is up, white people”.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    In this case we know the Mom and dad dogs. Dad is a golden retriever mix and mom a chihuahua-corgi. Nobody looks like a pit, so that’s fortunate. What a difference a couple days make...the babies all climb on my lap even without treats. They all enjoy belly rubs and ear scratches and snuggles. Alvin (green eyes) is the alpha so he’s most independent. My chunky snuggle boo (Theodore with the black nose) had been most frightened, but he’s gaining confidence. Jan -Simon is on the right in that first pic. He is the most social and balanced...first to climb in my lap. My Duke loves puppies. Every pup we’ve fostered, Duke is big brother there to play. During the day, he napped with the pups. On other news...I still haven’t heard from my boss since his screaming attack. No clue what he wants. I have plenty of work to do.
    Hi Val
    Well they did the floor install. Then later in the afternoon I discovered a bubble in the floor so my brother will be calling them this morning about it, If It were just me I might work the bubble under the counter where we keep the wicker basket that the Plastic Grocery bags are stored until they get reused, But then I am easy. Wish us luck with that.

Congratulations on the speed of getting the pups comfortable. That is a bit of a weird mix as I see it. They should be a easier adoption since they do not look like a Pit Bull. Pit Bulls have a bad reputation in this area with the attacks by them on the TV news being a semi frequent occurrence. Not everybody knows how to handle them as well as You do.

That could be good news not hearing from Your Boss who To Be Honest does not sound like a managerial type. I good boss does not go around screaming. That always worked the opposite of what they wanted when they did that with me.

Since they were still installing the kitchen floor we both ended up with Chinese Takeout, I would have been much better off if I had stuck with only the Small Pork Broccoli and no Rice which was my original plan or with the addition of Chicken wings, Unfortunately the Hungry Demon in my head added French Fries to the Wings which meant 3 complete wings versus the Four for a order of wings only, then to add insult to injury I added Pork Egg Rolls. At that I did better than my Brother who went for the Beef Broccoli Lunch Special which comes with lots of fried rice and his choice which was egg drop soup. Followed or maybe preceded by shrimp and french fries, the shrimp being 15 small shrimp and Shrimp Toast so it looks like I win compared to his lunch. I did skip Dinner because I ate so much :( or maybe I should :blush:

Good Luck, As You can see getting the food demon under control is not easy as both myself and my brother can attest.
    Roger

P.S. I am sending You a PM
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope your floor was installed. it can take longer than you think, I guess!! What does it look like?

Liked the pics of the littlest cow. Seeing the large ones, and the little one--they are kind of surreal.

The pork rinds are not my favorite munchee. They are the one I can have on keto, however. Best to be over calories, than eat a non keto food, lol.. I think I was fixing to lose big time, hence the hunger. Oh well!! First time I have been actually hungry.

So glad I am not in N.C.! I do not mind the cloudy or rainy days, especially as I was at home!!

Have to do some things Tues. to make up for being lazy today. my B/P was low again today.. I am going with that!! Not just lazy, lol...

Stay warm!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    Here it is after 8AM and the Front closed in porch is up a blazing 21 degrees and that is with the sun shining on it.

Lucky You, I get hunger pangs weekly or maybe they are just disguised cravings ?

The floor was installed, However I have to call we discovered a bubble near the counter by the door from the hall :(
    I just called and they said likely an air bubble and to put a couple of telephone books on it for a couple of days and that should do it, if not call back.

I'm glad nobody I know is in N.C. too. Big choice inches of rain or feet of snow :(

Mom had that problem too, You need to be careful if it is too low. Probably better that the BP is low than real high OTOH.

I have done most of my Tuesday things already, Write a check to my brother for my 1/2 of the floor, Call the floor company, Shower and wash hair. Maybe if My brother goes anywhere a run to the bank since I am down to my last Dollar in the money I carry when walking. I used the rest of that reserve yesterday on the Chinese Takeout :(

Oh well, it is what it is.

I saw this too
    Buttons61 11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/10/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congrats
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Another peaceful productive day at work. Still no contact from boss. Puppies doing great. We have an adoption event tomorrow night. Not thrilled that it’s a workday but i want the babies to meet potential adopters. Roger-i hope the bubble in the floor goes away with the phonebooks.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I will be posting more humor shortly, it is ready I just try not to post things to close together

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees. I did see three Deer while walking, one running down the road and a little later two running across the road.

I think I will make it to the Bank later today and refill my depleted Billfold then on to the Shoprite for a Gift Card and the savings buying there VS the Quick Chek where they charge a fee will more than pay for the wear and tear and fuel. On the way I will likely buy some Exxon gas and fill the tank since regular cash price is currently showing as $2.35 a gallon, This will be my last fill up for 2018 :wink: Now all I need to do is avoid temptation, like that will happen :(

My brother and I both got the notice from SSI showing the change in amount for 2019, it looks like we both get something in the upper $40s, much better than the last couple of years where the increase was eaten up by the increase in Medicare.

No Surprise that NJ in the list.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/judicial-hellholes-2018-where-lawyers-tv-ads-cause-patients-to-stop-taking-their-drugs
    Judicial Hellholes 2018: Where lawyers' TV ads cause patients to stop taking their drugs
    The American Tort Reform Foundation issued its annual Judicial Hellholes report this week, identifying courts or legislatures in California, Florida, New York, Missouri, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, and Minnesota among the nation’s “most unfair” in their handling of civil litigation.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/10/radio-station-yields-to-listeners-demands-returns-baby-its-cold-outside-to-playlist/
    Radio Station Yields To Listeners’ Demands; Returns ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ To Playlist

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/voyager-2-probe-moves-into-interstellar-space/
    Voyager 2 probe moves into interstellar space

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/12/11/jimmy-dean-sausage-recall/
    Recall Issued For 30K Pounds Of Jimmy Dean Sausages After Metal Pieces Found In Food

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/dec/10/tread-softly-because-you-tread-on-23bn-tonnes-of-micro-organisms
    Scientists identify vast underground ecosystem containing billions of micro-organisms

https://www.studyfinds.org/eighty-percent-lie-doctors-about-health-study-reveals-why/
    Study: 8 In 10 Adults Lie To Their Doctors About Their Health

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Another peaceful productive day at work. Still no contact from boss. Puppies doing great. We have an adoption event tomorrow night. Not thrilled that it’s a workday but i want the babies to meet potential adopters. Roger-i hope the bubble in the floor goes away with the phonebooks.
    Hi Val
    What a change walking to music today, I am playing the music I loaded in a linear fashion once that music is all played I will likely add more and try shuffle mode. The Panasonic Earphones sound much better than the Koss brand I was using and only $7.99 too.
    Many Thanks I shall get good use out of the Shuffle.

Good Luck with continuing peace at work and the adoption event. A bit of a shame it is on a work day.

I hope the Bubbles go away, they are right next to each other and sort of in the doorway so we have to be careful going in and out of the kitchen. I knew the Phone-books would come in handy beyond looking up businesses even if they are getting smaller and smaller. The shrinkage in size is why I held onto the old ones FWIW. To look things one the internet would mean turning the computer on and waiting to look.

Have a Good Day and the rest of the week
    Roger

Hi Jan