100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger -bummer about the floor bubbles. Hope the contractor resolves it promptly. The puppy bed is an extra large Kuranda bed. It has a PVC-like frame, and a tightly webbed hammock. I also have the optional soft pad on top. It is designed for dogs up to 150 lbs, but my dogs prefer my king-sized pillow-top mattress. Today (nice neighborhood) was s happy pleasant adoption event. Everyone was nice and gentle and kind. Baby Theodore found his furever family! He’ll have a dog-sister. They were smitten and his tail wagged up a storm! 💜💜💜 All 5 pups are having a sleepover at a new foster’s house. The biggest nicest house I’ve been in in years!!! Huge fenced yard. Her teenager son spent the day volunteering with his mom. Her mom & dad came to visit the adoption event, and her neighbors came too! We also had a new yong man volunteer...he’s in the USAF and we met him ladt weekend at the other nice neighborhood event. I revived an old skill and gave all the pups their vaccines! Very good day. 😀
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

i am so glad things went so well, Val, after such a nightmare as that other event! Sounds like Theo found a great home!! Praying Em is on the mend!!

Sorry about your floor Roger, that is indeed a bummer!! I think they said my water pressure was like 1100, seemed like twice it should have been. It is probably written somewhere, But I do not feel like hobbling to look, lol!

The links for the Aldi were interesting. We did find some great deals! I also had the best blackberries from there I have had in years!! They has a few German products that brought back memories!!

Here I am, late again... What a bummer! :# Have a good Sunday!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    New Humor is about to be posted :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees, not that bad for this time of year. Yesterdays High was around 50 degrees. The rain that was forecast to be here through the night is still falling and as I was walking away from the house the wind was at my back, On the return leg it was in my face :(

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-why-americans-are-broke-and-fat-2017-12-05-10881649

One big reason Americans are broke and overweight
    We’re making this major money mistake around food.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/12/13/pet-chihuahua-tries-to-protect-owner-in-pennsylvania-bear-attack/
    Pet Chihuahua Tries To Protect Owner In Pennsylvania Bear Attack

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/12/12/stockton-basic-income-pilot-program/
    An Extra $500 A Month? 100 Residents To Be Selected For Basic Income Pilot Program

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/chicago-exodus-sees-city-shrink-by-156-daily-demographic-trends#gs.28uXAP8
    Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/over-40-percent-of-americans-say-no-to-flu-vaccinations
    Over 40 percent of Americans say no to flu vaccinations

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/14/miami-beach-climate-change-homes/
    A Florida Town’s Plan To Fight Global Warming Could Destroy Home Values

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Roger -bummer about the floor bubbles. Hope the contractor resolves it promptly. The puppy bed is an extra large Kuranda bed. It has a PVC-like frame, and a tightly webbed hammock. I also have the optional soft pad on top. It is designed for dogs up to 150 lbs, but my dogs prefer my king-sized pillow-top mattress. Today (nice neighborhood) was s happy pleasant adoption event. Everyone was nice and gentle and kind. Baby Theodore found his furever family! He’ll have a dog-sister. They were smitten and his tail wagged up a storm! 💜💜💜 All 5 pups are having a sleepover at a new foster’s house. The biggest nicest house I’ve been in in years!!! Huge fenced yard. Her teenager son spent the day volunteering with his mom. Her mom & dad came to visit the adoption event, and her neighbors came too! We also had a new Young man volunteer...he’s in the USAF and we met him last weekend at the other nice neighborhood event. I revived an old skill and gave all the pups their vaccines! Very good day. 😀
    Hi Val
    I had hoped that would fix the problem, of well Monday they get a call, I do not know if I would call them a contractor as they do installs for the flooring seller only. It is still a much nicer floor than the old one, My brother is now happy walking in the kitchen.

Of course they Prefer Your Mattress, Where else.

It sounds like a hugely better event than that recent one. I liked that term, Furever Family, And how nice that someone else has them for now even if only for a day.

Vaccines for ? Since I don't have dogs the only one I can recall is a rabies shot ?

I hope Emily is doing better.

Have a Really Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

i am so glad things went so well, Val, after such a nightmare as that other event! Sounds like Theo found a great home!! Praying Em is on the mend!!

Sorry about your floor Roger, that is indeed a bummer!! I think they said my water pressure was like 1100, seemed like twice it should have been. It is probably written somewhere, But I do not feel like hobbling to look, lol!

The links for the Aldi were interesting. We did find some great deals! I also had the best blackberries from there I have had in years!! They has a few German products that brought back memories!!

Here I am, late again... What a bummer! :# Have a good Sunday!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    In the past one place my brother worked had such high water pressure they did not need a pressure washer, the water pressure was that high. It was high enough to cause problems with the fill valves in the toilet tank. Better high than so low it trickles out of the faucet.

I am sorry to hear that You are hobbling around, Knees or feet or ?? If You mentioned it I do not recall what.

I'm glad the Aldi links were interesting, It is nice to hear that. Just curious, what German Products would those be that brought back memories.
    I know that most of the foods thought of as ethnic such as Italian, Chinese and others are either an American invention or Americanized so as to be unrecognizable in the purported country of origin.

Much better late than Never as I always say :wink:

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello Jan
    I am curious about one of the locations in this article ?
    https://www.rt.com/op-ed/418572-us-decline-poverty-un/

American decline: Open pools of raw sewage in the richest country in the world

The sewage-filled yards were found in poor areas like Lowndes County, Alabama, where many people cannot afford to install septic tanks, causing sewage to pool by their homes. This untreated waste creates the potential for all kinds of diseases. In Lowndes, it has led to the proliferation of hookworm, a parasitic disease of the intestines commonly found in the world’s poorest developing countries.

Thank You
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    good morning!!

That article on poverty is so true. Alabama is an almost textbook example of it. While Montgomery and other locations (cities) are doing well, rural areas of Al. are not so lucky. I did not know about what the article addresses persisted.. though I am not surprised. There are still pockets of places that have no inside plumbing for water or waste. I would think in a lifetime you could put in a septic system.... Many of the people are older on fixed income which is poverty level. Some are people who just do not want to change their way of life, still fighting the Civil War and are kind of proud of their ignorance. They find money for drugs and guns; education..not so much. Attracting business to these areas are kind of the next big push, putting in an infrastructure to attract the business. Just a tip of the iceberg in starting this. I do applaud Montgomery leaders in doing this, something that was not done in many cities in the north during my lifetime. Parts of Cleveland come to mind, though they also are working to bring back the city. Birmingham and Mobile in Alabama are much like say Chicago in their urban problems. My son had property in Lowndes county and it is a pretty wooded country area. I would not have bought there, lol... It is in an older part that is kept up and the neighbors are educated and kind working people. Other areas of the county are exactly as the article portrays. I guess some of these people could never find jobs and lived on public assistance and were never taught to do upgrades to their life..Jenny teaches in another county but she has many students whose parents work, but not at jobs that provide enough money to really change their way of life. They have no money for doctors, savings, vet visits, clothes that are plentiful or adequate, or heat and food for the whole month. That is without the added problems of drugs and the lure, or their broken homes. No mental health care either. They shut most facilities a few years ago to save money. There are places to go, but they are sort of haphazardly run. Little accountability. Generational ignorance...Same with education. :'(

Good luck with the floor!! I need my bathroom floors redone. Hoping my son might tackle it next summer. I need carpet in my bedroom or tiles also. It just costs me a fortune to take from my mutual funds..I hate to do it. Paying my taxes from it is bad enough!! :)

Hope you get some better walking weather and a little sun soon. ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Emily is feeling better...should go back to school today! Yesterday, I worked and caught up with house-stuff. Maggie took the pups in a stroller along a very wealthy popular walking/shopping area. Simon (pup) and two young adult dogs got adopted. The foster family wants to adopt either Alvin or Trixie...so i now have two girl pups: Lucy & Ethel. Ethel is a bit wild...so, there’s my project. Only veterinarians and shot clinics can give rabies shots. They are given at 3-4 months old, one year, and every three years after. In addition to that, pups (like babies) get a series of vaccines (all in a single shot): distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, parainfluenza, and corona virus (DHLPP/CV). That is given at 8, 10, and 12 weeks, plus annually for life (after 2 years, can drop corona virus). Those are the vaccines I gave the puppies. Some people get their dogs vaccinated for the flu (I don’t $$$). If someone is boarding their dog or if they go to dog parks, Bordatella (kennel cough) is important. Because I expose my dogs to many in my house, i get bordatella. Once, ky pack caught kennel cough from a street dog...and getting them all examined and treated was costly.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 36 degrees. The rain did end on schedule leaving everything outdoors wet OTOH. I also had one Deer run across the street right in front of me and a minute later a second one ran up the street.

https://www.rt.com/news/446154-bennu-asteroid-water-osiris-rex/
    'This is a great surprise’: NASA’s OSIRIS-REx has already discovered WATER on Bennu

https://www.rt.com/news/446416-plane-drone-collision-mexico/
    Drone shatters passenger jet’s nosecone & radar during landing (PHOTOS)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/748366/British-Airways-flight-plane-jumbo-Boeing-747-drone-London-Heathrow-San-Fransisco
    British Airways plane nearly CRASHES in mid-air with drone over central London
    A BRITISH Airways jumbo jet carrying up to 345 passengers nearly crashed into a drone over central London, a shocking report has revealed.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-13/could-americas-deep-underground-seismic-scar-be-re-awakening
    Could America's "Deep Underground Seismic Scar" Be Re-Awakening?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1058896/world-war-3-russia-ukraine-tensions-ww3
    World War 3: ? Satellite images show HUNDREDS of Russian tanks massing on Ukraine border
    HUNDREDS of Russian tanks look poised for a mass invasion of Ukraine as tensions over Crimea threaten to boil over.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/742463/Plane-passenger-ira-shoot-flight-threat-wine-video
    Plane passenger threatens to have IRA SHOOT crew – for not giving her wine
    FOOTAGE has emerged of a passenger threatening to have cabin crew members shot on board a flight from Mumbai.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/City-requires-property-owner-who-demolished-13467909.php?t=6225f72057&f?

SF to developer who tore down landmark house: Rebuild it exactly as it was

https://www.france24.com/en/20181215-egypt-unearths-tomb-ancient-high-priest
    Egypt unearths tomb of ancient high priest
    Egyptian archaeologists have discovered the tomb of a priest dating back more than 4,400 years in the pyramid complex of Saqqara south of the capital Cairo, authorities said Saturday.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning!!

That article on poverty is so true. Alabama is an almost textbook example of it. While Montgomery and other locations (cities) are doing well, rural areas of Al. are not so lucky. I did not know about what the article addresses persisted.. though I am not surprised. There are still pockets of places that have no inside plumbing for water or waste. I would think in a lifetime you could put in a septic system.... Many of the people are older on fixed income which is poverty level. Some are people who just do not want to change their way of life, still fighting the Civil War and are kind of proud of their ignorance. They find money for drugs and guns; education..not so much. Attracting business to these areas are kind of the next big push, putting in an infrastructure to attract the business. Just a tip of the iceberg in starting this. I do applaud Montgomery leaders in doing this, something that was not done in many cities in the north during my lifetime. Parts of Cleveland come to mind, though they also are working to bring back the city. Birmingham and Mobile in Alabama are much like say Chicago in their urban problems. My son had property in Lowndes county and it is a pretty wooded country area. I would not have bought there, lol... It is in an older part that is kept up and the neighbors are educated and kind working people. Other areas of the county are exactly as the article portrays. I guess some of these people could never find jobs and lived on public assistance and were never taught to do upgrades to their life..Jenny teaches in another county but she has many students whose parents work, but not at jobs that provide enough money to really change their way of life. They have no money for doctors, savings, vet visits, clothes that are plentiful or adequate, or heat and food for the whole month. That is without the added problems of drugs and the lure, or their broken homes. No mental health care either. They shut most facilities a few years ago to save money. There are places to go, but they are sort of haphazardly run. Little accountability. Generational ignorance...Same with education. :'(

Good luck with the floor!! I need my bathroom floors redone. Hoping my son might tackle it next summer. I need carpet in my bedroom or tiles also. It just costs me a fortune to take from my mutual funds..I hate to do it. Paying my taxes from it is bad enough!! :)

Hope you get some better walking weather and a little sun soon. ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    That was amazing to me when I read that article and to have You confirm it is just so sad. I guess there is no easy solution to what You describe, So Bad.

Floors, They make waterproof Vinyl tiles that are supposedly easier on the feet than Tile. OTOH I do like the look of the Wood Look Tiles. Unless something were to happen to the tiles in the Dining Room and the Bathroom I am not spending Dollar one on changing them. The reason for the kitchen is that the tiles were popping up all over. Likely due to flexing in the floor ?

Are You saying that the Mutual funds charge to take money out beyond the tax liability, That would be so wrong !

We basically have two gifts to get likely locally, One for a neighbor for when She drops off her gift to us. Throughout the year we do give her some of the things my Brother bakes and some things from a Show he goes to. The Other is for a Friend, The one We had the Brunch with on Nov. 30.

Other than that I think we are done and I am done with mine, I just need to wrap a couple of them. I bought a Kidde Brand Fire extinguisher for the kitchen that I will tag as from Santa :wink:
    It says ten year warranty unless used.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Emily is feeling better...should go back to school today! Yesterday, I worked and caught up with house-stuff. Maggie took the pups in a stroller along a very wealthy popular walking/shopping area. Simon (pup) and two young adult dogs got adopted. The foster family wants to adopt either Alvin or Trixie...so i now have two girl pups: Lucy & Ethel. Ethel is a bit wild...so, there’s my project. Only veterinarians and shot clinics can give rabies shots. They are given at 3-4 months old, one year, and every three years after. In addition to that, pups (like babies) get a series of vaccines (all in a single shot): distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvovirus, parainfluenza, and corona virus (DHLPP/CV). That is given at 8, 10, and 12 weeks, plus annually for life (after 2 years, can drop corona virus). Those are the vaccines I gave the puppies. Some people get their dogs vaccinated for the flu (I don’t $$$). If someone is boarding their dog or if they go to dog parks, Bordatella (kennel cough) is important. Because I expose my dogs to many in my house, i get bordatella. Once, ky pack caught kennel cough from a street dog...and getting them all examined and treated was costly.
    Hi Val
    I'm sure Both You and Emily are happy that she can get back to school. Hopefully she gets caught up quickly.

Puppies in a stroller, Interesting and something I would never have thought of :blush:

If I had thought further I might have realized that Vets need to give the Rabies Shot due to record keeping if for no other reason.

Wow, Those other shots sound like more than babies get, Who Knew, Not I. Kennel Cough, I guess that vaccination for that is important for someone like You.

Good Luck with Ethel
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Good morning!!

I did get out today to mail a package for my daughter and also to stop quick at a store, and meet my friend for lunch. I was so glad to get back home though...my knee was tired!! It could have been worse. I have a few things to wrap, but am basically done. I was slower than I hoped this year though!

Great news about Em and the puppies! Sounds like a bit of a long week though, especially for Em! Hope she can not overdo!!

The charges on the funds are tax charges. They have come up with a yearly fee due in Dec. It is quite modest. It did not surprise me as if you do not bring in new clients for them..they spend on you with no profit. I have always broke even on my taxes, but no more, and kept pace though I made withdrawals. No more for that either, though to be fair, I also took out more than in the past...just a bummer!! :|

All the articles were good. They do like to predict "the big one" for earthquakes, don't they. We are overdue here in America..

Vets have gotten very expensive in the last few years. With better care and advances, I guess it was inevitable!

We are still drying out.. and the rain will be coming again soon! :#

Take care all!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just this moment posted more humor, As always, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees. There was a breeze blowing that caused a cold wind chill.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/parrot-used-amazon-alexa-to-order-items-while-his-owner-was-away
    Parrot used Amazon Alexa to order items while his owner was away

https://www.foxnews.com/science/bombshell-story-behind-titanic-discovery-revealed?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
    Bombshell story behind Titanic discovery revealed

Give me a break, it's a machine.
    https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Delivery-robot-catches-fire-at-UC-Berkeley-13470063.php
    Delivery robot bursts into flames at UC Berkeley
    Describing the robot as a "hero" and a "legend," UC Berkeley students expressed their grief on Facebook as news of a fallen KiwiBot reached the campus community.

Hah !
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-pastor-on-200K-Lamborghini-gift-It-13468859.php
    Houston pastor on $200K Lamborghini gift: 'It wasn’t a pastor that bought the car. It was a husband'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2018/12/14/552-carat-yellow-diamond-discovered-in-canada-largest-in-north-america/#5524a5d658e3
    552-Carat Yellow Diamond Discovered In Canada, Largest In North America

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/US-Navy-may-stop-docking-in-Haifa-after-Chinese-take-over-port-574414
    U.S. Navy may stop docking in Haifa after Chinese take over port

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dean-martins-daughter-responds-to-baby-its-cold-outside-controversy-says-her-father-would-be-going-insane?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
    Dean Martin’s daughter responds to ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ controversy, says her father ‘would be going insane’

https://apnews.com/dedbdfa83ab14d89b68b24f94a214a1bTrucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on New York highway

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

I did get out today to mail a package for my daughter and also to stop quick at a store, and meet my friend for lunch. I was so glad to get back home though...my knee was tired!! It could have been worse. I have a few things to wrap, but am basically done. I was slower than I hoped this year though!

Great news about Em and the puppies! Sounds like a bit of a long week though, especially for Em! Hope she can not overdo!!

The charges on the funds are tax charges. They have come up with a yearly fee due in Dec. It is quite modest. It did not surprise me as if you do not bring in new clients for them..they spend on you with no profit. I have always broke even on my taxes, but no more, and kept pace though I made withdrawals. No more for that either, though to be fair, I also took out more than in the past...just a bummer!! :|

All the articles were good. They do like to predict "the big one" for earthquakes, don't they. We are overdue here in America..

Vets have gotten very expensive in the last few years. With better care and advances, I guess it was inevitable!

We are still drying out.. and the rain will be coming again soon! :#

Take care all!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I need to Vacuum Seal a Fruit Cake this morning, Finish packing the box with it for my sister from my brother and Mail it while he does other errands. I'm not feeling enthusiastic about that but fair is fair, He picked things up at the grocery store for me Sunday.

I don't get a tired knee, I get Tired legs :(

They do like to tax and spend in government sadly.

I think sooner or later there will be one or more big ones somewhere in the USA.

No rain in the forecast until Friday as I recollect it from the weather forecasts yesterday.

I did see this, It seems they fixed the main page finally.
    Buttons61 yesterday
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 12/16/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Emily’s flu was at the worst time as far as school. Final grades are due tomorrow and she can’t make up all the work. And, she waited too long to do big projects (procrastinated), and she’s going to psy the price. This will hurt her GPA but hopefully next time, she will work ahead of the fue date. I’m picking up the other 2 pups today do I’ll have all remaining four tonight. Tomorrow Maggie will pick up from my house to get their rabies vaccines. Ill be at the office. I worked until 10pm. My screaming boss ... i had to adk him a management question... and he was condescending in his response. But I’m having great interactions with the other guy that I asked if I could work for him...it’s refreshing to have courteous intelligent conversations! Happy Tuesday!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

So sorry about Em and the grades closing. Seems like there at least should be something she could do for at least a day or two to at least help raise her grade. Not much can be done on the procrastination part, like you said, but learn... :'( Bummer!!

Roger, you seem very cold up there..makes not getting out a good seeming idea. I would be in trouble, lol...

Really interesting article about the Titanic. I will always remember about the Thresher. I just remember them trying to get it, and how incredibly sad it was...a haunting story..

Well you know my two hundred dollar leak to the outside was fixed Friday from the hot water tank's overflow valve..and I have discovered I now have no hot water. I wash clothes in cold water, and only ran a very small load in the dish washer, so until last night's dishes and this morning no hot water for a shower, never noticed. The plumber is coming over Weds. again. Hope it is something simple like he did not flip something. You want odds he tells me putting on the new valve probably caused the tank to die because it was old..not something he did. It may be..but why do I doubt this?? Bet I am screwed out of the 200 with no compensation, and will need a new tank..not happy..

Hope everyone has a better day!! (maybe it will work out... :s ) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor has been posted, Enjoy
    I liked the Grinding sound one :smiley:

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees. On the Other Hand there was no breeze blowing thus despite being 10 degrees colder it was comfortable while walking.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-world-work-fourdayweek/burnout-stress-lead-more-companies-to-try-a-four-day-work-week-idUSKBN1OG0GY
    Burnout, stress lead more companies to try a four-day work week

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/crime/2018/12/13/multi-year-poaching-probe-nabs-four-sw-missouri-family-members/2305173002/
    'Bambi' as punishment? Sentence in SW Missouri poaching case includes mandated viewings

https://nypost.com/2018/12/17/chick-fil-a-on-track-to-become-no-3-fast-food-chain-in-us/
    Chick-fil-A on track to become No. 3 fast-food chain in US

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/748133/mouse-utopia-experiment-human-extinction-science-study
    Study predicts SHOCK end of humanity: Mankind will FAIL to mate 'like anti-social mice'
    HUMANITY will go extinct if overcrowding and extreme violence leads future generations to completely lose interest in sex — in a chilling model predicted in mice.

You can't make these up, This one even made the evening news Tuesday
    http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/drive-thru/failed-pot-barter-803124
    Florida Man, 23, Nabbed After Trying To Swap Pot For McDonald's Drive-Thru Chow

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-chronicfatigue/study-finds-chronic-fatigue-clues-in-overactive-immune-response-idUSKBN1OG00O
    Study finds chronic fatigue clues in overactive immune response

Weird One IMO
    https://www.nysun.com/national/what-if-g-men-went-after-washington-post-as-they/90499/
    Washington Post as They’re Going After the Enquirer?
    Imagine that a federal prosecutor had gone after The Washington Post Company back in the 1990s on the theory that the reluctance of its magazine, Newsweek, to publish an article about a sex scandal involving Bill Clinton constituted an illegal campaign contribution to the Clinton campaign.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Emily’s flu was at the worst time as far as school. Final grades are due tomorrow and she can’t make up all the work. And, she waited too long to do big projects (procrastinated), and she’s going to pay the price. This will hurt her GPA but hopefully next time, she will work ahead of the due date. I’m picking up the other 2 pups today do I’ll have all remaining four tonight. Tomorrow Maggie will pick up from my house to get their rabies vaccines. Ill be at the office. I worked until 10pm. My screaming boss ... i had to ask him a management question... and he was condescending in his response. But I’m having great interactions with the other guy that I asked if I could work for him...it’s refreshing to have courteous intelligent conversations! Happy Tuesday!
    Hello Val
    That is the way it always seems to go, Things happen at the worst time. She seems like a bright girl and I'm sure she will recover from this. Hopefully lesson learned with the Procrastination :wink:

You are a better person than I, I could not work for a screamer for very long before leaving. In my last job a new owner was one of those that occasionally screamed, I was only able to handle it since I was usually alone there and if it got to bad I had hit the age where I could go on SSI and not worry about losing medical coverage since there wasn't any. Condescension is worse than screaming IMO.

Good Luck Switching bosses
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

So sorry about Em and the grades closing. Seems like there at least should be something she could do for at least a day or two to at least help raise her grade. Not much can be done on the procrastination part, like you said, but learn... :'( Bummer!!

Roger, you seem very cold up there..makes not getting out a good seeming idea. I would be in trouble, lol...

Really interesting article about the Titanic. I will always remember about the Thresher. I just remember them trying to get it, and how incredibly sad it was...a haunting story..

Well you know my two hundred dollar leak to the outside was fixed Friday from the hot water tank's overflow valve..and I have discovered I now have no hot water. I wash clothes in cold water, and only ran a very small load in the dish washer, so until last night's dishes and this morning no hot water for a shower, never noticed. The plumber is coming over Weds. again. Hope it is something simple like he did not flip something. You want odds he tells me putting on the new valve probably caused the tank to die because it was old..not something he did. It may be..but why do I doubt this?? Bet I am screwed out of the 200 with no compensation, and will need a new tank..not happy..

Hope everyone has a better day!! (maybe it will work out... :s ) ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I remember the Thresher too, The Soviets lost a few Subs to as I recall it.

Re: The Plumber, If there was damage to the water heater it would be a leak not no hot water. It sounds as if the pilot light went out if it is a Gas tank or a Tripped Circuit Breaker or bad heating element if it is Electric. Having had Plumbers in the family I will say that there is no way that changing the overflow valve should cause that. If the heater is electric and the breaker wasn't turned off then the water level being lowered could damage the heating element.

Either way if he tells You that You need a new Hot water heater I would go for a second opinion. There is a possibility that someone is drumming up unneeded repairs.
    Can You take a Bath with water heated on the stove so that You do not need to rush into a repair ?

Good Luck.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Good luck with the plumber, Jan...no hot water is a bummer. Stay warm, Roger! Em has recovered all of her grades to As & Bs and one C....and she still has today. I have all four remaining puppies. The new foster is unclear whether she wants the two or not. I’m going to the office this afternoon for the Christmas party and to work.