100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Bev and Nene! So good to have you back. Good morning Roger. Im struggling...a Company VP got really angry and was badgering me on the phone to either approve release of a document (that i have no authority to release) or lose my job. His words were so hurtful and ridiculed my work ethic and competence (both of which are beyond outstanding btw). I kept saying "I can't approve the release," but he would not stop. Finally i said "you can have my job, but i will not go to jail for you." (Government restrictions on its release!) That line shut him up...but the damage to my psyche was already done. Total anxiety attack. I'm still recovering days later...I'm forcing myself to walk, but feel so down the entire way. Good news is my boss will deal w him, and now that I know his tactics, i can control my exposure to him, and know that he gets mean when pressured. Any suggestions for how to put up my shields DURING the attacks? Last month a different vp yelled at me that i he was going to report me to the FBI for something I'd done, but I already knew him to be untrustworthy, so i didn't feel panicked. In that case i sent an email to our company's head of security and stated what i had done and why, and asked what needs to happen to correct the situation. He wrote back that there was nothing wrong with what i had done. When that guy came around again, i said there was no cause to contact the fbi...and handed him that email. Haven't heard from that dude since!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi
    It is raining currently and is forecast to end this afternoon. I may get out walking or I may not. Since they said rain was coming I walked an extra 1/2 walks distance yesterday in the afternoon. I am undecided as to whether to take the large umbrella and do a partial walk later on this morning, 60/40 not.

Temperatures are supposed to hit around 60+ later on today and then back to cold weather tomorrow.

Have a Wonderful Sunday
    Roger
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    I've not been on this thread since ? July. Not really sure why I stopped visiting ya'll but I definitely need to be back with this wonderful group. I've stayed on track and have lost a total of 103 in 2015. Now I need to get serious with the next 100 pounds.
    I just started getting some frozen food now that I can add them to the order. Why did I wait so long? That frozen stuff is really tasty! It's only money

Hi Nene
    Welcome Back!
    Congratulations on staying on track. 2 pounds a week is a job well done.

I agree, when I started NutriSystem they had a 10 days of frozen and 18 days of shelf stable foods plan that I took. The frozen made it easier as it offers more variety even if it did not taste so much better, but it is delicious, example the Cinnamon Bun vs the frozen Cinnamon Roll which IMO has a better taste and texture.

BTW I have seen a report that the New Vanilla cookie is delicious.

FWIW I weighed the extra cost of frozen and my health and came down on the side of health :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi Bev and Nene! So good to have you back. Good morning Roger. Im struggling...a Company VP got really angry and was badgering me on the phone to either approve release of a document (that i have no authority to release) or lose my job. His words were so hurtful and ridiculed my work ethic and competence (both of which are beyond outstanding btw). I kept saying "I can't approve the release," but he would not stop. Finally i said "you can have my job, but i will not go to jail for you." (Government restrictions on its release!) That line shut him up...but the damage to my psyche was already done. Total anxiety attack. I'm still recovering days later...I'm forcing myself to walk, but feel so down the entire way. Good news is my boss will deal w him, and now that I know his tactics, i can control my exposure to him, and know that he gets mean when pressured. Any suggestions for how to put up my shields DURING the attacks? Last month a different vp yelled at me that i he was going to report me to the FBI for something I'd done, but I already knew him to be untrustworthy, so i didn't feel panicked. In that case i sent an email to our company's head of security and stated what i had done and why, and asked what needs to happen to correct the situation. He wrote back that there was nothing wrong with what i had done. When that guy came around again, i said there was no cause to contact the fbi...and handed him that email. Haven't heard from that dude since!

Hi Val
    I had a Employer who thought that Yelling was the best way to get employees working harder. It didn't work of course, as soon as he was gone I carried on doing things the way they should be done thoroughly and completely.

You just have to remember that a person like that is making up at work for things they can not control or other shortcomings.

Next time You think something like that may happen think of things You can do to defuse the situation. In the aforementioned case quote rules and regulations if it comes up again and know that some people can not take no for an answer and give them a diplomatic one. Such as " I will do what You say as far as I am allowed. I suggest That You release it as I do not have the authority, unless You put it in writing to do so." By Writing I do mean a signed paper document and not an email.

There also exists a slim possibility that this person was trying to get You to do something You are not allowed to do so as to have something to hold over You as a means of control. Some people are Control freaks or want to manage everything.

I know it is hard, but try not to let the morons get under Your skin. They tend to be self correcting at some point in time and get removed lest they cause damage to the company.

Also I believe You have a smartphone? Does it have the ability to record rants such as that? Next time try and trigger it out of sight and talk to HR.

They may have had complaints before, Companies are sensitive to harassment lawsuits these days.

Good Luck and do not let them sabotage You
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Bev! Glad your new hip is allowing you walk without pain. I am on a journey to get my knees replaced. In August ortho doc said he would not do surgery on me because I have to have a bmi of 40. He wanted me to have weight loss surgery first then he would re evaluate. At that time I had lost 60 pounds and he made me so mad that it helped with my motivation to keep going with Nutrisystem. Now that I am 100 down I am going to see my medical doc and go see another ortho doc. Having the weight loss has been really helpful but I'm not able to exercise.

Hi Val! I agree with Rogers' advice. I've never understood why people think it is standard business practice to yell at others. I've never known yelling at work to be a successful method of communication unless someone is telling you that the sky is falling. Hang in there sweet lady. My hubs has a saying and it goes like this.....stay calm...be courageous and look for signs.

Hi Roger! Thank you for the welcome back to the message boards. Glad they are still here and you are still offering support. Had a frozen crepe tonight and I will definitely order more of those! Love the frozen hamburger and the turkey sausage and egg for breakfast.

Have a good week!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have decided to delay my walk today until after Noontime. Wind chill is down in the teens. Some change after yesterdays near record to record warmth here in NJ. Newark NJ for example hit 64 degrees. This morning nearby it is under the freezing mark :(

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
    Hi Bev! Glad your new hip is allowing you walk without pain. I am on a journey to get my knees replaced. In August ortho doc said he would not do surgery on me because I have to have a bmi of 40. He wanted me to have weight loss surgery first then he would re evaluate. At that time I had lost 60 pounds and he made me so mad that it helped with my motivation to keep going with Nutrisystem. Now that I am 100 down I am going to see my medical doc and go see another ortho doc. Having the weight loss has been really helpful but I'm not able to exercise.

Hi Val! I agree with Rogers' advice. I've never understood why people think it is standard business practice to yell at others. I've never known yelling at work to be a successful method of communication unless someone is telling you that the sky is falling. Hang in there sweet lady. My hubs has a saying and it goes like this.....stay calm...be courageous and look for signs.

Hi Roger! Thank you for the welcome back to the message boards. Glad they are still here and you are still offering support. Had a frozen crepe tonight and I will definitely order more of those! Love the frozen hamburger and the turkey sausage and egg for breakfast.

Have a good week!

Hi Nene
    Good Luck getting the Knees done. I know it can help from seeing the change in a family member. I hope they are now willing to do the work.

I agree, I like the Crepes too, I had them for Dinner Saturday. BTW the Hamburger is great and the Chicken Sandwich is good too. I like to use a 20 calorie slice of pre cooked bacon on them along with other toppings. LF Mayo or a touch of Ketchup on the burger. I also use a 40 calorie slice of Velveeta on the Burger as a partial PF. I am waiting my upcoming order to try the Canadian Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin. The calorie count looks good too.

Have a good Week
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcome back!
    Nene - best of luck with the knees. I had lost 75 lbs before my ortho doctor saw me and told me 20-25 more for the new hip. I wanted to throw in the towel. Unfortunately, or fortunately you might say, my hip joint collapsed and I was in so much pain, he couldn't NOT operate :smile: . BTW, by the morning of surgery, I made it down 15 of the 25 lbs he asked for. Sometimes there needs to be compromise so if you are more comfortable, seek out another surgeon. However, I understand that the weight bearing on knee replacements is a lot different than hips and any extra pounds that can be lost between now and the surgery date will help with recovery and PT.
    Val - a lot of good thoughts and suggestions about the abusive VP already but another idea to consider for a future occurrence might be to ask him if you and he could reschedule the call at another time after he has calmed down - that you are unable to continue the conversation when he is yelling at you. Although I don't know your actual work environment, he is a human being and you are a human being and human beings cannot be productive when acting this way. He'll either hang up or he may calm down and you can reason with him. I don't think your boss would object to you following this tactic. There are laws about hostile workplaces and no company large or small wants that type of claim to deal with. Just my 2 cents.
  • Nene1125
    Options
    It's getting cold here in NC! It is winter and it is supposed to be cold. Happy that I am retired!
    Felt that I had lost some weight this morning, but not per the scale. Must have been one of those inches gone things.
    Stayed strong and focused on diet and water today. Sometimes it helps me to have a super focus few days. I'm loving the frozen hamburger! Actually I love all the frozen breakfast foods, shelf lunch not so much and the frozen dinners are yummy. I'm usually not a "melt fan" so have not ordered those. Are any of those tasty?
    Stay warm and safe! Wishing everyone a great day tomorrow.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Monday I pulled out one of the new spare pairs of shoes and changed out the ones I had been wearing that had wear on the soles. Much more comfortable after the walk. What I did when i used the last pair was check on Amazon and Voila, The same model and size was still available so I ordered two more pairs and put them in the closet.

Cold and sunny out currently. I was out walking and with no breeze it was more comfortable than Yesterday even though the real temperature was where Yesterdays Wind chill reading was.

Time to revisit my upcoming order and finalize what I want and use another gift card to finish paying for it. That should leave enough for one more order, Hopefully they go on sale again before the order after that.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    5mates wrote: »
    Thanks all for the warm welcome back!
    Nene - best of luck with the knees. I had lost 75 lbs before my ortho doctor saw me and told me 20-25 more for the new hip. I wanted to throw in the towel. Unfortunately, or fortunately you might say, my hip joint collapsed and I was in so much pain, he couldn't NOT operate :smile: . BTW, by the morning of surgery, I made it down 15 of the 25 lbs he asked for. Sometimes there needs to be compromise so if you are more comfortable, seek out another surgeon. However, I understand that the weight bearing on knee replacements is a lot different than hips and any extra pounds that can be lost between now and the surgery date will help with recovery and PT.
    Val - a lot of good thoughts and suggestions about the abusive VP already but another idea to consider for a future occurrence might be to ask him if you and he could reschedule the call at another time after he has calmed down - that you are unable to continue the conversation when he is yelling at you. Although I don't know your actual work environment, he is a human being and you are a human being and human beings cannot be productive when acting this way. He'll either hang up or he may calm down and you can reason with him. I don't think your boss would object to you following this tactic. There are laws about hostile workplaces and no company large or small wants that type of claim to deal with. Just my 2
    cents.

Hi Bev
    Good suggestions, I was not aware of the difference in how weight affects the different joints.

Good Luck
    Roger
    It's getting cold here in NC! It is winter and it is supposed to be cold. Happy that I am retired!
    Felt that I had lost some weight this morning, but not per the scale. Must have been one of those inches gone things.
    Stayed strong and focused on diet and water today. Sometimes it helps me to have a super focus few days. I'm loving the frozen hamburger! Actually I love all the frozen breakfast foods, shelf lunch not so much and the frozen dinners are yummy. I'm usually not a "melt fan" so have not ordered those. Are any of those tasty?
    Stay warm and safe! Wishing everyone a great day tomorrow.

Hi Nene
    I will join You in that saying I am happy to be retired too :)

As for the Melts I like the Broccoli Cheese, however it has been reformulated so that may change. I also like the Chicken Mozzarella Melt, Four Cheese Melt, Pepperoni Pizza melt and the Steak & Cheese Melt. I also eat now and then Southwest Fiesta Melt although it is a bit hotter than I really prefer. It is nice having a wider selection to choose from.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Options
    Hi Friends!

I ordered some samples of the new snacks and they came today. Love getting a little BBB!
    I tried the salt and vinegar chips. Oh my goodness! I have a new all time favorite. Love the taste and it was a good amount. Will be ordering more of those. Yummy.

Roger..... Love having shoes that are comfortable. I am currently wearing the brand Keen. Have been wearing those for the past 2 years. I'm like you,I order the same style and brand because they are the most comfortable. Obviously I am not a slave to fashion! I do like happy feet!

Stay warm, safe and on plan!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It is cold and windy today out there and I can handle either however I did decide o take a down day from walking as it has been a while since I did that :) Currently I hear the coffee maker brewing my morning coffee.

There was a trace of snow on the ground last night, This morning not a trace of it despite the low temperatures. I suspect that the winds have dried it all away. Good for commuters and walkers. It was gusting pretty hard last night when I went off for a decent nights sleep.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
    Hi Friends!

I ordered some samples of the new snacks and they came today. Love getting a little BBB!
    I tried the salt and vinegar chips. Oh my goodness! I have a new all time favorite. Love the taste and it was a good amount. Will be ordering more of those. Yummy.

Roger..... Love having shoes that are comfortable. I am currently wearing the brand Keen. Have been wearing those for the past 2 years. I'm like you,I order the same style and brand because they are the most comfortable. Obviously I am not a slave to fashion! I do like happy feet!

Stay warm, safe and on plan!

Hi Nene
    Fashion? Whats that? I have never been a fashion plate. Comfort before looks :)

One reason I ordered two pair when I put on the last pair was my brother being so unhappy when trying to find a pair he liked when his were discontinued by New Balance. We both have wide feet and that limits the choices severely.

I did see a report here on MFP from someone that the Under Armour shoes were the best they had ever tried. I am sure they are not cheap however.

Thank You for the feedback regarding that item I Will order more than one for the upcoming order.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I seem to have been MIA yesterday :)
    Today's weather is the best of the week so far. I was out the door earlier and it was still more comfortable than several previous days has been. Temperature is not much better, however no breeze or wind. Rain moving tonight into tomorrow morning so I suspect I'll be out the door after it has passed.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • 5mates
    Options
    Happy Friday - I'm trying to get my head back into the game with Nutrisystem and struggling - anyone else in the same boat as me? Any words of wisdom for me? Thanks buddies
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I got lucky with the weather today, The rain moved out earlier than last nights forecast indicated it would, so I was out the door slightly before 8AM. It drizzled twice while I was walking for a minute or two, Not enough to pull the umbrella out of my pocket however. There was a little breeze when I started out but manageable wind chill even though I did not dress that heavily :) The temperatures are supposed to be dropping through the day so getting out early helped that way too.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Happy Friday - I'm trying to get my head back into the game with Nutrisystem and struggling - anyone else in the same boat as me? Any words of wisdom for me? Thanks buddies

Hi Bev
    It is always a struggle, even for me. I would suggest a challenge might help. I will be posting the startup link for the next 100% challenge that starts Monday. I just need to set it up and get the new spreadsheet ready. The link if interested will be in the current one that ends Sunday the 17th here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10293901/100-challenge-flying-thru-the-holidays-dec-7-2015-to-jan-17-2016#latest

I also do use zero calorie foods or what the label calls 0 calorie which means under 5 calories per serving under Federal Guidelines. For example I like the Vlasic no sugar added Bread & Butter Pickle spears and the Mount Olive No Sugar added Sweet Gherkins as snacks. FWIW those Gherkins slice up nicely and work in some of the Lunch Sandwiches such as the Hamburger and Grilled Chicken Sandwiches. I also use the Mount Olive No Sugar Added Sweet Relish is I don't want slices that day. Also a 0 Calorie rating.

If You are not getting the NS frozen I would try adding it either by adding it as an option or via the free shipping for $50 or more A La Carte option which would seem to mean You could do that anytime if I understand properly. Joanne in this thread
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148091/slower-weight-loss-at-50#latest has added them after trying them.

They would add more variety and in many cases are tastier.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went out for a second walk Saturday afternoon + 10 cents, while on the walk I picked up Bananas, I just tried one and once again the Bananas from the produce store seem to have been poorly handled. I may just have to give up on them from there and drive to the grocery store when I need a new bunch. That brought me to 6k steps above my goal for the day.

I walked this morning for slightly longer than usual and despite the temperature being 8 degrees colder than Yesterday morning it was OK as there was very little wind. I may go out walking again this afternoon as it is supposed to be much colder tomorrow and breezy too.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went crazy and went out walking today, slightly shorter tan normal. The Wind Chill was 10 degrees in nearby Somerville. Yesterday afternoon we had some light snow, South of me Atlantic City had over 2 inches of the white stuff. From what I can see we had maybe 1/4 inch +/-. You can see little bits of grass and weeds sticking up through it in this area. The Streets and Sidewalks never got snow covered, I suspect that the solar heating before the snow helped with that. It was OK walking except for the fingers, I put on layers, A Sweatshirt and a Hoody and the FroggToggs as a windbreaker. I also went out walking Yesterday after noontime. That made two days in a row of two walks, Not today however :)

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • 5mates
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk and suggestions Roger - I sent a request for permission to the spreadsheet - not sure if I needed to do that or just post on the board
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi
    Roger's going Crazy :)
    So to speak anyway. Wind chill was around 2 degrees this morning. So I went walking bundled up anyway. There is (was) a method to my madness however. I was trying a hand warming pad to see if it would do the job and I figured those conditions would do a thorough test. So I opened it 30 minutes early and shook it like the directions said, as it said it would take 15 to 30 minutes to warm up. That was 7:15 and it is still warm. at 11:45.

So now I know I need to order some more so I can put one in each mitten to keep my fingers warm as that is where I feel the cold the worst.

FWIW I went walking a second time at 3:30Pm Yesterday. That added 6 or 7 thousand steps to the day. Today that isn't happening, just to darn cold.

My Current order has closed and I got an email that the label has been created which probably means it will ship tonight and be delivered tomorrow. I look forward to trying the new foods and snacks.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    Thanks for the pep talk and suggestions Roger - I sent a request for permission to the spreadsheet - not sure if I needed to do that or just post on the board

Hi
    I saw the request, As it happens Mary is taking over the spreadsheet and has created one.

You do not need permission, Mary will take Your posts and do the updates.
    Post whether or not 100% and for the first post Your weight goal to lose, and either a starting weight or what I do just post each weigh in post on Sunday or Monday Your loss. Details are in the first pot here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10316711/100-challenge-loving-the-journey-january-18-to-february-28

A link to the new Spreadsheet is in post # 2

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    When I went out walking + 2 Cents today the nearby temperature was 27 with a wind chill of 20 :) That makes the wind chill 18 degrees warmer than yesterdays walk. I plan to drop by the local sporting goods store later on and see what they carry for hand warmers. Using the test one yesterday my hands were warmer than today. Decision is one time use, rechargeable battery powered or some other type.

Today I see that tracking shows I have a delivery out for delivery on truck. No Indication as to whether it is the BWB or the BBB or both. Both have new items in them, Frozen breakfast sandwich and Shelf Stable desserts for example. Look forward to me adding comments on how they taste as well as a better review in the NS food reviews group here.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I woke up early so I walked early too 7K+ steps :) I plan to head out later too. I need to burn of yesterdays temptation of Chicken Broccoli And Egg Roll from the Local Chinese Take Out.

It appears that I may be busy today. My NS was not delivered yesterday and it showed a delivery exception. Today in my email I see my suspicion is correct, Now I have two emails that my food has shipped from two different locations. I believe That indicates both the BBB and the BWB should be coming today. I have a feeling NS may have orchestrated it to save a little money.

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    It was somewhat cold out this morning, 15 degrees when I walked by the bank that has a time & temperature display. Snow is supposed to start around midnight according to the latest weather forecast so I may not be out walking tomorrow :) They are predicting 6 to 12 inches where I am in todays forecast :(

I have now tried three of the new NS food items now.
    The Bacon, Egg, Cheese Muffin 5* I did over microwave it which made the bacon slightly tough :(

The Sweet & Salty Snack Mix 4*, I dinged it due to not being particularly Sweet or Salty, OTOH I did like the Nuts in it so I will reorder it. This could be replicated at a lower cost, I just need to scale the components.

The Vanilla Shortbread Sticks 5*, Crunchy but tasty and a decent portion size.

Coming up in todays menu are the Chocolate Chip Dough bar for lunch, The Smoky BBQ Snack Rounds and the Apple Pecan Bites as my Snack/Dessert.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    Anybody else having bad weather? We were outside shoveling around 9:30AM this morning, I had to use the bottom of the Storm door on the porch like a plow to be able to lean out and shovel a place to stand to finish opening it. When I stuck the yardstick in the sidewalk to the street It showed 13 inches and the sidewalk to the driveway was at 16 inches but I suspect blowing snow for the difference. I am going with the 13 inches being close to correct, I also measured that in the flat part of the driveway between my brothers car and the street. Earlier we watched a OEM vehicle sitting out in the street, eventually he ticketed a car parked across the street. Ordinance is no parking on the street for snow removal.
    The Apple Pecan Bites were tasty 4.5*
    the Chocolate Chip Dough lunch bar was somewhat disappointing due to not being what I was expecting, 3* for that reason. However I could see others liking it and it is one of the lower calorie lunches. one of the Chicken Soups is lower however no real texture to the soup so...

Cheers
    Roger