100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger, Hurray for staying in ONEderland! Congrats for the quick recovery from thanksgiving. I too have successfully taken off my Thanksgiving weight...and am continuing to lose. It is interesting how much of a difference there is between a shady vs sunny spot...noticed that myself today. Oscar is doing well. The shot was cortisone...and I saw no difference at all. His pain pills were too much for him at this point. He can have up to 12/day (4 in 3 separate doses)...but that just made him groggy n sleep a day. He's doing well on 4/day (2 in 2 separate doses). He's lost 4 lbs in 1 week! I thought about setting up a MFP account to track his weight loss n exercise! And
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi
    It was somewhat warmer this morning, Most Likely not going to be a good day as I'll be having lunch at a Chinese Buffet with a friend, they selected it :)

Poking around on the Internet I found that Dunkin Donuts gives a free donut with a large or extra large coffee. If anybody goes there :)

My Lucky Brother won a $75 50-50 drawing and everybody got a $50 Shoprite Grocery Store Gift card at his meeting as well as a hot buffet lunch which he did not really need the day before We go to the Hibachi grill Buffet today for lunch. Now if he could get that lucky with the Lottery tickets.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Hi Roger, Hurray for staying in ONEderland! Congrats for the quick recovery from thanksgiving. I too have successfully taken off my Thanksgiving weight...and am continuing to lose. It is interesting how much of a difference there is between a shady vs sunny spot...noticed that myself today. Oscar is doing well. The shot was cortisone...and I saw no difference at all. His pain pills were too much for him at this point. He can have up to 12/day (4 in 3 separate doses)...but that just made him groggy n sleep a day. He's doing well on 4/day (2 in 2 separate doses). He's lost 4 lbs in 1 week! I thought about setting up a MFP account to track his weight loss n exercise! And

Hi Val
    Congratulations on losing the Holiday weight.

I would say why not set up an account as long as You have a extra email available to use for it :)

Nice for Oscar that You found a way to help with the pain.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It is somewhat warmer this morning, not a lot but every little bit helps. We are in a slow warming trend through the weekend :)

The Chinese Buffet Yesterday was not good for people dieting. If I likes Seafood then it would have been better, Grilled Fish, Squid, Clams, Sushi etc. I did have some tender beef in a brown gravy, A slice of Ham, Some Chicken Broccoli, Heavy on the Broccoli, Some fresh fruits and and it would have been OK except that the Carrot Cake kept calling my name. I am retaining water today most likely from the sauces.

FWIW I have tried two No Sugar Added Sweet Gherkin Pickles, Vlasic found at Walmart and Mount Olive found at the Shoprite Grocery store. Both show Zero calories per serving, Which means that they are under 5 calories per serving. That makes them a nice sweet crunchy snack.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Based on my weight on Numi, I have lost 70 lbs, but I have not claimed my 70 lb bear because I want to make sure my weight loss this week was not a fluke. Its psychological war fare more than it is physical. I will give it another week and see if it sticks.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I was out walking today + 1 Cent, I looped through the Quick Chek for Coffee, Down and around to the Produce store for Bananas since I was out. I also picked up a Head of Lettuce for me and two for my Brother, Zuchinnis and Cherry Tomatoes for him too. A small package of Raspberries and Blackberries for SC portions. I just managed to fit it all in the Backpack, Darned heavy too. Then I staggered on home :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    Based on my weight on Numi, I have lost 70 lbs, but I have not claimed my 70 lb bear because I want to make sure my weight loss this week was not a fluke. Its psychological war fare more than it is physical. I will give it another week and see if it sticks.

Hi
    I tend to run my ticker weight here a bit behind too due to fluctuations so it is usually a week behind.

Congratulations on that Loss. That is the way to go onto the Holidays!

Cheers
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Oscar (dog) is on a roll...down 8 lbs in two weeks. Makes me think about trying kibble or taping my thumbs to my hands (the opposable thumbs give me access to the fridge n opening bags of foods
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Oscar (dog) is on a roll...down 8 lbs in two weeks. Makes me think about trying kibble or taping my thumbs to my hands (the opposable thumbs give me access to the fridge n opening bags of foods

Hi Val
    I hope it is helping Oscar.

If You had no use of Your thumbs I suspect that just like me You would figure a way into the fridge :)

I was down to one hand for a while when I had the Carpal tunnel surgery and it slowed me down not at all.

Strangely enough a lot of pet food is as sanitary processed as human food, sometime better. Excluding Chinese made stuff. There were news reports about scary happenings from pet foods and snacks from that source.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    On this mornings walk + 1 cent, I stopped at a different Quick Chek for a coffee refill, then I delivered Baked goods from my Brothers Baking frenzy Yesterday :)
    I continued over to the Car repair shop and delivered a loaf of Beer Raised bread + 1/4 pound of Kellers Butter, a dozen home made Oatmeal Raisin cookies, a Fruit Cake made with a test recipe for feedback, and a different recipe of Chocolate Truffles rolled in powdered sugar.
    Much easier using the backpack to carry everything. I bought that cheap thing ($10) originally to be able to buy things on my walking and carry them back to the house.

Then I continued walking to reach my distance by the time I got home. The Temperatures were colder by the end of the walk as the predicted temperatures are for colder throughout the day as the day progresses. It is still overcast outside, no Sun yet and the breeze picked up during the walk too.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Val

If You had no use of Your thumbs I suspect that just like me You would figure a way into the fridge :)

I was down to one hand for a while when I had the Carpal tunnel surgery and it slowed me down not at all.

Strangely enough a lot of pet food is as sanitary processed as human food, sometime better. Excluding Chinese made stuff. There were news reports about scary happenings from pet foods and snacks from that source.

Good Luck
    Roger

Thanks Roger. I can personally attest to the poison in dog food/treats from China. I had a gorgeous healthy 70 lbs make fancy fawn boxer...Apollo McCartney. For a special treat, I bought him a snack at Petsmart. The next day he was so sick. Veterinarian said there was nothing that could save him. I asked is steroids could make him feel better. She said they might, but I had to remember it would only be a temporary effect...and either days or weeks later they won't help anymore...that he would die. Thankfully the steroids gave me my baby back for over a month...happy and playful. But, when they stopped working...that was the most cruel painful deterioration. So quickly he was down to 50 lbs, refusing my force feelings...and started having seizures. The look in his eyes begged me to let him go. So I did. That was ~9 yrs ago.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi All
    On this mornings walk + 1 cent, I stopped at a different Quick Chek for a coffee refill, then I delivered Baked goods from my Brothers Baking frenzy Yesterday :)
    I continued over to the Car repair shop and delivered a loaf of Beer Raised bread + 1/4 pound of Kellers Butter, a dozen home made Oatmeal Raisin cookies, a Fruit Cake made with a test recipe for feedback, and a different recipe of Chocolate Truffles rolled in powdered sugar.
    Much easier using the backpack to carry everything. I bought that cheap thing ($10) originally to be able to buy things on my walking and carry them back to the house.

Then I continued walking to reach my distance by the time I got home. The Temperatures were colder by the end of the walk as the predicted temperatures are for colder throughout the day as the day progresses. It is still overcast outside, no Sun yet and the breeze picked up during the walk too.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger

That is so kind that you deliver homemade baked goods to folks!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I've been spending more time wogging and less time checking in. Signed up for a 5k in April. Www.insaneinflatibles.com. Oscar continues to do well on his diet....and is back to wogging 3 miles a day!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Been absent for awhile! I just can't seem to get back on track after my S.C. adventure. My stepmother had her second knee done a day before Thanksgiving. It was too quick of a turn around for me to go back so soon. My daughter used her Thanksgiving break and headed there for the surgery and the first part of the recovery. They both did well and I was thankful not to have to go back so soon.

I seem busier than when I worked! I do not understand that! I really gained after I got back from S.C. I am just getting back on a routine and lost 3 lbs. At least I am motivated, though I am sure come Christmas day, I might indulge some!

Congrats on everyone's walking! Val, your distances are awesome! I am glad Oscar is getting some relief. Sorry about your dog you lost to bad treats. It is really hard to find American treats here. In fact, it is hard to find anything not made in China. I wish I had a safer place to walk, especially with the doggies!

Rodger, as always, you are the voice of reason and example of steady logical progress!

Trying to get last minute things done for Christmas. It is cold here in sunny Alabama. It was 29 degrees this morning. Would have made a great Christmas day!

Belle and Daisy, keep up your great progress!! Jan <3
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Much colder today than yesterday. at 11PM Between Thursday and Friday there was a 20 degree temperature drop. It was below freezing this morning, Based on the Ice on the leftover puddles, Add in the 10MPH gusting to 20MPH and it was cold for the portion of my walk where I was walking into the wind.

I picked up a Free Donut at the Dunkin Donut with my Coffee, I give them to my brother or Freeze them for the future.

I do that so the Donuts do not go to Waist, My Waist that is nor do I like waste :)

Seen while walking :)
    F6mY1z.jpg
    Just in case it is hard to read, It says Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better

Have a Great Weekend
    RogerToo

Hi Val

Good Luck
    Roger

Thanks Roger. I can personally attest to the poison in dog food/treats from China. I had a gorgeous healthy 70 lbs make fancy fawn boxer...Apollo McCartney. For a special treat, I bought him a snack at Petsmart. The next day he was so sick. Veterinarian said there was nothing that could save him. I asked is steroids could make him feel better. She said they might, but I had to remember it would only be a temporary effect...and either days or weeks later they won't help anymore...that he would die. Thankfully the steroids gave me my baby back for over a month...happy and playful. But, when they stopped working...that was the most cruel painful deterioration. So quickly he was down to 50 lbs, refusing my force feelings...and started having seizures. The look in his eyes begged me to let him go. So I did. That was ~9 yrs ago.

Hi Val
    I am sorry to have brought that back to You, Please forgive me. I did not stop to think that might hit close to home.

Continued good luck with Oscar
    Roger
    Hi All

Have a Good Friday
    Roger

That is so kind that you deliver homemade baked goods to folks!

Hi Again
    I was going to walk a distance for the day and they were well within range. The hard part was the extra distance to get my coffee and the weight in the backpack, especially climbing up and down the steep hump over the freight tracks due to the space they had for that bridge. The Backpack was not even noticeable after unloading it :)

Stay Warm
    Roger
    I've been spending more time wogging and less time checking in. Signed up for a 5k in April. Www.insaneinflatibles.com. Oscar continues to do well on his diet....and is back to wogging 3 miles a day!

Hi Once more
    Real life come first!

I meant to ask before, wogging = Walking and joging combined?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Been absent for awhile! I just can't seem to get back on track after my S.C. adventure. My stepmother had her second knee done a day before Thanksgiving. It was too quick of a turn around for me to go back so soon. My daughter used her Thanksgiving break and headed there for the surgery and the first part of the recovery. They both did well and I was thankful not to have to go back so soon.

I seem busier than when I worked! I do not understand that! I really gained after I got back from S.C. I am just getting back on a routine and lost 3 lbs. At least I am motivated, though I am sure come Christmas day, I might indulge some!

Congrats on everyone's walking! Val, your distances are awesome! I am glad Oscar is getting some relief. Sorry about your dog you lost to bad treats. It is really hard to find American treats here. In fact, it is hard to find anything not made in China. I wish I had a safer place to walk, especially with the doggies!

Rodger, as always, you are the voice of reason and example of steady logical progress!

Trying to get last minute things done for Christmas. It is cold here in sunny Alabama. It was 29 degrees this morning. Would have made a great Christmas day!

Belle and Daisy, keep up your great progress!! Jan <3

Hi Jan
    Welcome back
    That three pounds off sounds like You are doing a good job of getting back on track from here.

This is a tough period of time between Thanksgiving and New Years, Three Holiday meals etc.
    I am guessing I will be doing really good to lose much of anything this holiday season.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    LOL! I am thinking of using duck tape, (fixes anything!), and taping MY thumbs down to limit the fridge and starting the Kibble diet a la Val and Oscar! ;)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    While Walking Saturday I had a Fully Decorated Christmas tree drive by on my way to the Dunkin Donuts. It was secured upright in the back of a pickup truck.

Cold out this morning, Frost on the car in the driveway. Hard to believe we are supposed to be up to 60 degrees later on.

During todays walk I dropped off a Banana Nut Loaf and a 1/4 lb of butter at our local car repair shop. I heard I'm going to cut a slice off in a few minutes for Breakfast, She said she missed Breakfast from running late today so that works out great. Plus it got rid of the bananas that had become real ripe and I prefer them slightly less ripe :)

Then on the way back home I passed a snow globe decoration that had a steady stream of snow falling onto Frosty & a Penguin inside of it. That is the first one of those I have seen too.

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    LOL! I am thinking of using duck tape, (fixes anything!), and taping MY thumbs down to limit the fridge and starting the Kibble diet a la Val and Oscar! ;)

Hi Jan
    Strangely enough Duct tape AKA Duck tape, I've heard it both ways FWIW, is good for many things but not for Ducts :)

I watch Mythbusters when they have new episodes and one episode they did they Built a sailboat frame and covered it with Duct tape and covered the sail with it to and took it sailing on the Bay, worked pretty good too and looked OK.

Good Luck, Friday is coming
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I've gone thru many rolls of duct tape...and never on or near a duct...or a duck for that matter!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Over the weekend, two wonderful people i know died. Lorraine (my work colleague) was a 44 year old, mom of 6 daughters. She found out a month ago that she had uterine cancer; had a hysterectomy; and was scheduled to start chemo this week. But, she died at home on Sunday. The other was my friend's mom in Indiana. She was a healthy lady in her 60s...died in a car accident. I haven't even gone walking since...I'm sad and unsettled.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was not to bad outside this morning, in the low 50s, Foggy and misty, The ground was wet from condensation I suspect. There is rain moving into the area later on and it is supposed to be heavier than yesterdays was too. I am waiting to hear back from FedEx as to where is the package that shows as on truck for delivery dated the 21st when I access tracking info on it. :(

have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    I've gone thru many rolls of duct tape...and never on or near a duct...or a duck for that matter!

Hi Val
    From what I have heard Duck (Duct) tape was part of teh toolkit on the WWII Ducks, a wheeled amphibious vehicle.
    Over the weekend, two wonderful people i know died. Lorraine (my work colleague) was a 44 year old, mom of 6 daughters. She found out a month ago that she had uterine cancer; had a hysterectomy; and was scheduled to start chemo this week. But, she died at home on Sunday. The other was my friend's mom in Indiana. She was a healthy lady in her 60s...died in a car accident. I haven't even gone walking since...I'm sad and unsettled.

Hi Again
    I am sorry to hear of Your Losses.

I never know what to say beyond that I offer You my condolences, so I'll be very brief here.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was so warm outside for this time of year that I was outside walking in a Pocket T-Shirt today. Record warm already and more of a rise in temperatures expected before the day ends. Predicted on the NYC broadcast was a high of 74 degrees, previous record was 63 :)

During my walk I noticed clues that Beavers have moved into the Brook that feeds our lake here in town or else into the lake.

Have a Great Christmas Eve.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Merry Christmas
    It was very foggy out this morning when I started out, I could not see the far end of the block I live on :) The fog is getting lighter now. It was cooler this morning, still well above the norms for December 25. I wore a Pocket T-Shirt and a light long sleeve shirt. Cooler in the forecast for Saturday and then warming back up for Sunday.

I used two of my Christmas presents today during the walk. I have joined the earphone brigade. While walking I was listening to a old time radio show called Chandu the Magician I got a iPod Nano and earphones last night from my brother so I loaded some OTR (Old Time Radio) shows into it and charged it overnight. Maybe tomorrow I'l listen to some Boston Blackie, The Mysterious Traveler, The Shadow, The Whistler, The Inner Sanctum, The Fat man, Fibber McGee & Molly or Fred Allen.

Have a Great Christmas Day
    Roger