100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    7100 steps and 1 Cent while walking. I stopped at the Grocery Store on the inbound leg of my walk and picked up a head of Lettuce, 2 Green Pears, and 4 Semi-ripe Bananas since I ate my last one before I walked. I looked for greenish ones as they ripen fast at this time of year and the riper looking one will be fine tomorrow morning. I was able to pick and choose for color and size as there was a selection of loose bananas laying among the bagged ones :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Hi Jan, I'm glad you are okay after your fall!
    Hi Roger, id love to go on an Alaskan cruise. But, that's not in the plan. I'm driving from San Antonio to Dayton Ohio to take Emily to Harry Potter camp...then driving to DC to meet my boss in person and work from that office fir two weeks. Then drive back to Ohio to pick up the kid. Then Indianapolis to see friends. Then Michigan to meet her 1/2 brother and sister that we recently learned of (anonymous donor dad)., then see my rental house and friends in that area...then drive back to Texas. I'm tired already!
    My weighted blanket will definitely be going with! I love sleeping at night!!! Its the best. Emily loves hers too, and I bought one for my roommate too, and she adores hers too.
    Sweet dreams!

Hi Val
    It sounds as if You are planning a busy trip with plenty of driving.

Harry Potter camp sounds interesting. On the greedy side I saw on the news where Universal in Orlando Florida is raising rates during the popular time of year for visitors, Boo :(

When You go enjoy the trip
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    We've been having big storms every night...im exhausted from comforting my dogs all night then working all day while they sleep.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I haven't headed out yet for my walk, It is drizzling outside and appears from the weather report that it should be out of here on a while. Front porch in the mid 60s so that will be OK today.

Have a Good Friday & enjoy the upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    We've been having big storms every night...im exhausted from comforting my dogs all night then working all day while they sleep.

Hi Val
    I can see how that would do it, One night You could get away with, not several in a row.

I hope Your weather takes a turn for the better
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I have Been out walking, 7200 steps. It is 70 degrees out at 8:40AM and must be humid as I was starting to sweat on the inbound leg. I have thrown the Free Dunkin Donut that came with my coffee in the freezer, Later That Glazed Donut will join the free French Cruller from the other day in a Vacuum sealed bag once it has frozen so as to not get crushed for later consumption either by me or friends. The AC units are already running on all the floors, The Living room was up to 75 and the second floor was up to 80 according to my Brother, There goes the electric Bill :(

Something is in the air that I seem to be allergic to, I suspect it is that plant that is in bloom right now and giving putting a sweet smell in the air.

Have a Great Saturday, Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

Hi Val! Sorry to hear about your "RUFF" nights. My dogs that were afraid of storms have passed on, so I know how tough that can be. Chester is deaf and can't hear them anymore. May goes out in them, so i have to be careful of lightening. Texas flooding seems to not stop! the reports are awful. Glad you are on high ground! Stay safe!! :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    I have Been out walking, 7200 steps. It is 70 degrees out at 8:40AM and must be humid as I was starting to sweat on the inbound leg. I have thrown the Free Dunkin Donut that came with my coffee in the freezer, Later That Glazed Donut will join the free French Cruller from the other day in a Vacuum sealed bag once it has frozen so as to not get crushed for later consumption either by me or friends. The AC units are already running on all the floors, The Living room was up to 75 and the second floor was up to 80 according to my Brother, There goes the electric Bill :(

Something is in the air that I seem to be allergic to, I suspect it is that plant that is in bloom right now and giving putting a sweet smell in the air.

Roger

Hi Rodger!

You are having our kind of weather! It is sprinkling here too, we really need the rain. The humidity is terrible here, even the dogs run for the A/C. I dread my bill, too, as it seems the outside temps are hovering right where my air does not kick in. To make it comfortable, I have had to lower the temp a degree, which adds about $50.-$60. dollars to the bill. I hate it when the air is just stagnant, even with my overhead fans. The fans are a lifesaver however!

We do not get good crullers down here. Growing up in Ohio, they were made with rice flour and very light. Wish I could get that kind!

Hope your allergic responses quit! Great job as always on the steps!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

Roger

Hi Rodger!

You are having our kind of weather! It is sprinkling here too, we really need the rain. The humidity is terrible here, even the dogs run for the A/C. I dread my bill, too, as it seems the outside temps are hovering right where my air does not kick in. To make it comfortable, I have had to lower the temp a degree, which adds about $50.-$60. dollars to the bill. I hate it when the air is just stagnant, even with my overhead fans. The fans are a lifesaver however!

We do not get good crullers down here. Growing up in Ohio, they were made with rice flour and very light. Wish I could get that kind!

Hope your allergic responses quit! Great job as always on the steps!

Hi Jan
    We do sort of need the rain, According to the weatherman we are around 6+ inches below the average rainfall for the year. However I will take that compared to what Texas is having.

My Brother did that with his AC too just to get rid of the humidity the other day. This morning they were showing 87% humidity and I could feel it while walking as the temperature was OK. Tomorrow they are forecasting Storms. I will be checking the local Weather when I get up to see if I walk this Sunday or not.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    We've had two nights with no storms. The front lawn looks lovely, the reae is overgrown! My workload continues to be super heavy.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 7:30 until 9AM 7900 steps so far, More later when I go to the Supermarket. The Sky is covered with a heavy layer of clouds with heavy rain and some stormy winds for later today. I did take the folding Umbrella along in my pocket, just in case, fortunately I did not need it :)

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door it was 178 grams in weight before peeling it. Monday I will most likely make a local Grocery Store Run for Bananas and other fruit unless the ShopRite has nice green Bananas as I still have one more left for tomorrow before I go walking and two days worth of Apples and Navel Oranges.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    We've had two nights with no storms. The front lawn looks lovely, the reae is overgrown! My workload continues to be super heavy.

Hi Val
    I am guessing that the Lack of storms means You got a couple of good nights sleep finally :)

My Brother was muttering about getting out to cut the front,side and rear lawns on either Monday or Tuesday as it is his turn to Mow. I mowed this past week and since we alternate....

I am sorry to hear that You are still under a heavy load at work, Hopefully there is a silver lining of OT pay as a slight compensation for it. I have found out from experience that if You manage to do more than You should be expected to do that raises their expectations so be careful.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The reward for 70- hour weeks is continued employment (no OT pay, as I'm salaried). I took today off, well, not really--packed up all my things from my work desk and moved them home. Because of my hip, I've been out of the office, so since our office is relocating in August they said the new office will have no permanent spot for me...so I officially work from home now. I can still go to the new location if i need to print a big document or something.
    I'm enjoying fresh corn and watermelon!!!
    Hip is hurting a lot right now.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:50 until 8:25 +17 cents, all pennies from within a 6 foot stretch of sidewalk & 7100 steps so far. The Overnight Temperatures dropped by a whopping 0.3 degrees from 1:30 to 6AM, It seems Summer is here now. 66 degrees when I left, The Living Room was 77 degrees so I turned on the Wall AC before I left to get a start cooling that floor of the house. It is supposed to be in the upper 80s later on today for a High, Likewise for tomorrow :( There Goes the Electric Bill with two 220 Volt AC units and one 110 volt AC running today.

Breakfast shortly, a Frozen NS Cinnamon Roll Again and a NS Vanilla Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door. I stopped at the local Grocery Store for an assortment of Apples, 1 Gala, 1 Fuji & 2 Granny Smith. I picked up three greenish Bananas and four Navel oranges at the ShopRite Yesterday so I am good for fruit for three more days on Bananas and 4 more days after today for Other fruit.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    The reward for 70- hour weeks is continued employment (no OT pay, as I'm salaried). I took today off, well, not really--packed up all my things from my work desk and moved them home. Because of my hip, I've been out of the office, so since our office is relocating in August they said the new office will have no permanent spot for me...so I officially work from home now. I can still go to the new location if i need to print a big document or something.
    I'm enjoying fresh corn and watermelon!!!
    Hip is hurting a lot right now.

Hi Val
    I think I would be asking for Comp time, I made the mistake of letting them convert me from hourly to salary on one job, Suddenly my hours jumped per week jumped way up.

I bought a inexpensive AKA Cheap $50 Brother laser printer so as to avoid buying ink cartridges a couple of years ago. I also bought a spare Toner at the same time as it was on sale too. I was printing a page or more a day for well over a year on the starter Toner that came with it before I needed to change the toner. I think it prints pretty fast for a cheapo printer too.

The Local Grocery store has corn at 8 for $1.99 currently.

I hope the Hip gets better for You. I have started trying something different for the recent pain. When I get up I take a Acetaminophen and a Aspirin, then I break up a second Aspirin with my teeth to get it started working quickly and then I have my Banana so as to not be having them on a empty stomach. That seems to be working better than the two Aspirin I tried at first.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:25 until 7:55 and 7100 steps.
    69 degrees when I left, The Living Room was 77 degrees on my return so I turned on the Wall AC. It is supposed to be in the mid 80s later on today for a High, Tomorrow will be cooler. There is a chance of rain later today and at some point Wednesday. It was not too bad walking as I was out the door somewhat earlier than yesterday and once again I stayed on the shady side where possible. It was starting to feel somewhat warm when I had to walk in the sunshine.

Breakfast shortly, Cereal 110 calories with 4 oz of 1% milk 50 calories and sweetener and a NS Coffee Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi! My boss is insisting that I take Friday Saturday and Sunday off. She wanted me to take Thursday too, but I said i just can't because I have to get my work done.
    I'm still beyond thrilled with sleeping since getting my weighted blanket...if i had to choose between this blanket or sliced bread, the bread would go....sleep really is as wonderful as people have been saying. Em loves hers, and my roommate loves hers too (and they never had any sleep issues).
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking starting at 6:55 until 8:05 and 7000 steps.
    The weather report showed it as 11 degrees cooler than yesterday when I left. It is supposed to be in the mid 70s later on today for a High, Tomorrow will be slightly cooler. There is a chance of rain later today It was not too bad walking either. I stopped at the Grocery Store for a head of Lettuce and bought a La Yogurt light 90 calories to try as it was 59 cents minus the Wednesday Senior 10% discount of 5.9 cents :)

Breakfast shortly, Cereal 110 calories with 4 oz of 1% milk 50 calories and sweetener and a NS Chocolate Protein Shake to finish the breakfast. The Banana was eaten before I went out the door as usual. For the curious I rotate 5 different cereals so that I have a different one each day. I did select them to be whole grain and reasonable statistics as well as portion size for the 100 to 110 calories. A example would be Multi Grain Cheerios rather than regular Cheerios. Maybe Next week or two I will stack the Senior Discount with a coupon that gives $1 off of two boxes and stock up. 50 cents Plus 10% off seems like a reasonable price to me :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Hi! My boss is insisting that I take Friday Saturday and Sunday off. She wanted me to take Thursday too, but I said i just can't because I have to get my work done.
    I'm still beyond thrilled with sleeping since getting my weighted blanket...if i had to choose between this blanket or sliced bread, the bread would go....sleep really is as wonderful as people have been saying. Em loves hers, and my roommate loves hers too (and they never had any sleep issues).

Hi Val
    At least they are giving You comp time and a three day weekend sounds pretty good too.
    It is a shame You felt that You could not end up with a four day weekend :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks Roger... My boss had a talk w me as to why I'm so hard on myself. She wants me to say no to requests, yet also seriously appreciates being able to count on me for so much. She wishes my work ethic would rub off on others. If I remember, when I visit her office in July, I'll sneek in her office and put my feet up in her desk! She'd get a kick out of that...but what if someone else comes in? they might not understand.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Val
    I had problems with work in the past where I got involved doing something and ended up working days that were to long.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I walked a little longer than usual 8K Steps + one Nickel. I picked up one Banana as the ones I have from Yesterday are still nice and green and will not be ready to eat Friday Morning and a Loaf of Pecan Raisin Bread 90 calories to try as a Smart Carb at the Produce store, then I walked over to the bank and killed a few minutes until they opened so I could cash a check to refill my cash on hand for any needs.

The weather is cool today too, Cooler than Yesterday

Just for fun, Can You name the alternate version of this tune? Answer canhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN9EC3Gy6Nk
    be found by clicking the spoiler button.
    "God Save the Queen" (alternatively "God Save the King")
    In the United States, the melody is used for the patriotic song "My Country, 'Tis of Thee."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZg_ZB4SkU
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee i sing. Land where my father died, land of the pilgrims pride, from every mountain side, of thee i sing.
    --not sure of the title. Maybe Land of Liberty?
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I'm having a new challenge. A friend who has been on disability and not worked a paying job since the 1980s, wanted to get a job and asked me if I could help her get a job at my company. Shes smart and has a good work ethic (we met volunteering at an animal shelter). Well, apparently i do have some clout and my boss created a position and hired her. And I'm training her....remotely (she works from home so she doesn't see anyone or anything going on). The piece I hadn't thought of is the time-machine effect. I am having the try to build a foundation of how business is accomplished and translate it to the 80s...her only reference point.
    So, yes, Roger, I'm going to work today....my agreed day off. I didn't get my tasks done.