100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope you both feel better. I took my kid to Natural Bridge Caverns, and to Brackenridge Bat Cave (2 million bats come out in a continuous tornado of bats... Forming a stream across the sky. It was enjoyable and educational...and I dud it!!! My hip was only sore after!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    We had enough rain last night that we will not need to water for a couple of days :) OTOH the humidity was 96% nearby us this morning and many parts of the state started out with visibility under 1 mile. Therefore despite the temperature being in the 60s I worked up a sweat walking 5K steps and some pain and a runny nose from some sort of allergy.

On a different note I was watching a episode of Chopped recently where they mention Ezekiel Bread. From Google: Ezekiel 4:9 products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse Ezekiel 4:9 to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure delicious flavors.
    From Here: http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/ezekiel-49
    Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
    Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
    Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down
    starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
    Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
    Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
    Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
    Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
    And from Here: https://authoritynutrition.com/ezekiel-bread/
    Why Ezekiel Bread is The Healthiest Bread You Can Eat

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi! Hope you both feel better. I took my kid to Natural Bridge Caverns, and to Brackenridge Bat Cave (2 million bats come out in a continuous tornado of bats... Forming a stream across the sky. It was enjoyable and educational...and I dud it!!! My hip was only sore after!

Hi Val
    It seems You are getting out and having a good time doing it too.

That with the bats is one of the things I have never seen :) I have been in more than one cave but not a Bat Cave.

Congratulations on getting out with Your Kids and the Getting better as regards Pain too.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    5200 steps today including a few steps in the Grocery Store. I picked up Three Tangerines, 4 Cameo Apples, 3 Bananas and two Navel Oranges. The weather today is somewhat better than yesterday, somewhat cooler and a little lower humidity thus it was somewhat more comfortable while walking.

Somewhat of a NSV last night, I pulled the suit I bought in 1995 out of the closet to try on and I did not remember being that heavy back then. I must have been however as it was way to big so now I have no suit to wear when needed :( Now I need to do something(s) I hate doing. Spend money and shop for anything :)

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Awesome trip, Val! I would love to have seen the bat cave. I have bats that come out at dusk above my house. I love to watch then appear and fly. Sometimes they have blown away when we get a hurricane or tropical storm, but they usually come back. keeps the mosquitos down! Sorry to see the pain is back a few days later. healing must be going on, as the pain comes later, but a bummer no doubt.

Roger, the upside to the suit is look how much you have lost! And apparently you will be stylish!!

Take care all! Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan, how is your throat? I hope you are feeling better.
  • hope4change_val
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Oh...it cut off my long message!

Hi Roger. How are you doing? Have you tried the TENS yet? I hope it helps you.
    I just ordered the same from Amazon.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did some walking 5200 steps. As I approached the Quick Chek my Phone rang, It was my brother asking did You forget You need to drop the car off today? Oops, I sure did, This is the second back window where the Mechanism has failed. I suspect it is due to the fact that they only get used if I hit the button by mistake :) It went down a little way and would not go up or down, The motor was running. This is the same thing that happened to the other rear window.

Two of the Raspberries fruits are starting to show color, Four had fruit altogether out of 10, I suspect that is not too bad for the first year in the ground and they are mostly growing great too.
    0DEa3I.jpg
    You can see the amount of color so far in this shot.

a3gnDQ.jpg
    That is a Yard Stick between the Raspberry an the Blackberry plant on the right.

Two of the three Apple trees had flowers and I see no fruit set however.

IqTtHl.jpg
    Some of the oddities I have been picking up while walking :) Two of what look like Chuckie Cheese Tokens? and something with a hole in it.

Have a Great Friday & the Start of the Holiday Weekend for many.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Awesome trip, Val! I would love to have seen the bat cave. I have bats that come out at dusk above my house. I love to watch then appear and fly. Sometimes they have blown away when we get a hurricane or tropical storm, but they usually come back. keeps the mosquitos down! Sorry to see the pain is back a few days later. healing must be going on, as the pain comes later, but a bummer no doubt.

Roger, the upside to the suit is look how much you have lost! And apparently you will be stylish!!

Take care all! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I may be stylish but Now I need to buy a white shirt and a suit :(
    All I can reuse is the Tie :)
    I may run out to Walmart in the near future and see if they have a inexpensive white shirt.

Enjoy the day
    Roger
    Oh...it cut off my long message!

Hi Roger. How are you doing? Have you tried the TENS yet? I hope it helps you.
    I just ordered the same from Amazon.

I have not tried it, Inertia Rules!

And the heck of it is that it came with free shipping for same day delivery too. I had hoped to use it while walking, It seems from reading the manual that is contraindicated however. I need to look at the free videos on using it and then try it out. Good Luck using it.

All these niggling expenses are killing my budget :(

Getting the car fixed and now buying a new suit, Darn!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks, Val! I am better. I had a sinus infection and tonsillitis. Fifty bucks at Walgreen's for Coriciden, Musilex, Cloraseptic, and cough drops! Then headed to the Dr. for 2 shots, which was a steroid and antibiotic, and my seven day antibiotic and another thirty bucks (worth every penny!) and I am better. Just tired! I feel like Roger with the monetary outlay! LOL!

The Tens would be good to do a session before nap or bed, using the places that have had pain. Then, after exercise, on what seems strained or was tight and hurting. Hope it helps!

Roger, loved your pictures of your plants! They look well tended and healthy! Should do well!

Have a safe and quiet start to the 4th!

P.S. Roger, you may need a tie? Have you checked the latest width and length, they change so, LOL! From drought-stricken Alabama, Jan B)

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did some walking today 6000 steps + 1 cent from yesterday. The something with a hole in it that I posted a image of Yesterday turned out to be a penny. I used a fine Emory cloth on it and was able to see Lincolns head after sanding off some of the corrosion.

Todays weather was decent around 76% humidity and 68 degrees when I left the house. Yesterday we heard thunder several times throughout the day but no significant rain until around 9PM. No watering needed today. My Brother brought home some nice looking Portulaca's AKA Moss Rose. They were in a 6 pack that cost a whole Dollar :) I pulled out the last left over hanging basket and put four of them into it and two near the ones in the ground. That makes four hanging baskets for three spots. One will sit on the front Stoop. Now one Geraniums, One Petunias and one Begonias and now one Portulaca.

Today's plan is a picnic on the lawn from here:
    My Thoughts on this as of now are eat my Hot On NS Plan dinner at home ahead and take a Cold Protein Shake, 100 calories, a Nice Apple or Tangerine and for later in the evening a nice tasty NS Dessert, possibly the Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar 200 calories or the Vanilla Shortbread Cookies 160 calories. Since I do not want to eat my brothers low calorie items he plans on taking, IE Potato Salad with real Mayo & Egg and Macaroni Salad using home made Pesto that has fresh Basil from the garden and Chicken Leg Quarters. My Other Option would be to hit the Burger King for 2 Whoppers using the Coupon for Buy One Get One Free. 630 calories each or 470 each without Mayo. If I did that I would go the No Mayo route and combine the meat and throw out one Bun and eat the Lettuce and Tomato as a salad. Going that route could make it usable as a lot of the calories must be coming from the Large Bun :)

Have a Great Start of the 4th of July Holiday Weekend.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thanks, Val! I am better. I had a sinus infection and tonsillitis. Fifty bucks at Walgreen's for Coriciden, Musilex, Cloraseptic, and cough drops! Then headed to the Dr. for 2 shots, which was a steroid and antibiotic, and my seven day antibiotic and another thirty bucks (worth every penny!) and I am better. Just tired! I feel like Roger with the monetary outlay! LOL!

The Tens would be good to do a session before nap or bed, using the places that have had pain. Then, after exercise, on what seems strained or was tight and hurting. Hope it helps!

Roger, loved your pictures of your plants! They look well tended and healthy! Should do well!

Have a safe and quiet start to the 4th!

P.S. Roger, you may need a tie? Have you checked the latest width and length, they change so, LOL! From drought-stricken Alabama, Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    Let's not forget to mention the Rear Passenger Window Repair on the Buick $207 :(

If I said I am no fashion plate and would go without a tie if I could. Suit styles have probably changed too, OTOH since if the one from 1995 had fit it would have been good enough for me.....

I am glad to hear that You feel better!

The plants did look pretty good considering that it is their first year :)
    BTW Better a drought that flooding like I am seeing to the west on the TV News, At least a drought is less likely to ruin Your home and belongings unless as in Parts of the area there with Wildfires. They do not seem able to catch a break, either not enough rain or too much.

Thanks for the tip on the Tens.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Yep!

Happy Start of the 4th here! I do truly feel blessed Roger. I would love some rain, but when I see the weather impacts on other parts of the nation, I know I have nothing to really complain about. I am always in the little area that escapes impact- no small thing. It is hard to really see the impact without cable news, and I do miss that. Somehow it does not impact as well by internet, probably because I spend less time on the news that way. Kind of a glass half empty- half full scenario.

I had forgot your windows in the expenditures. Car repair costs are something now days. I have to decide whether to fix all the oil leaks in my car at around $2000. and hang on to said car a few more years or wonder if this is the start to dropping lots of money into an aging car and I would be better off looking around for what would be my last car. Decisions, decisions.

I will water well today as we do not look to get rain this week. I moved a few plants around as some other plants have really grown and are hogging the space! Not a bad thing. I had to move my clematis to get a little more shade. The sun and heat are just relentless, and luckily I could do some unwinding of vines and they did not snap. Good outdoor day!!

Picnic sounds good! I have been indulging on fresh cherries! They have been really good this summer so far. They are $3.99 a lb. that is no bargain I am sure, but everyone's price was about the same, and they looked too good to ignore. They just kind of jump into my basket!

Have a good day! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yep!

Happy Start of the 4th here! I do truly feel blessed Roger. I would love some rain, but when I see the weather impacts on other parts of the nation, I know I have nothing to really complain about. I am always in the little area that escapes impact- no small thing. It is hard to really see the impact without cable news, and I do miss that. Somehow it does not impact as well by internet, probably because I spend less time on the news that way. Kind of a glass half empty- half full scenario.

I had forgot your windows in the expenditures. Car repair costs are something now days. I have to decide whether to fix all the oil leaks in my car at around $2000. and hang on to said car a few more years or wonder if this is the start to dropping lots of money into an aging car and I would be better off looking around for what would be my last car. Decisions, decisions.

I will water well today as we do not look to get rain this week. I moved a few plants around as some other plants have really grown and are hogging the space! Not a bad thing. I had to move my clematis to get a little more shade. The sun and heat are just relentless, and luckily I could do some unwinding of vines and they did not snap. Good outdoor day!!

Picnic sounds good! I have been indulging on fresh cherries! They have been really good this summer so far. They are $3.99 a lb. that is no bargain I am sure, but everyone's price was about the same, and they looked too good to ignore. They just kind of jump into my basket!

Have a good day! Jan

Hi Jan
    FWIW in my case it would depend on the scale of the oil leak, a slow leak where You add a quart every few weeks would not make it worth fixing IMO. I kept my 1988 Pontiac until a couple of years ago when the rust got to where it was time to let go, it still ran good too :( Currently I am driving a 1999 Buick that has low mileage, under 16,000 miles and no rust. My main repair expenses for it have been the power window repairs for the back windows and last year the AC. Hopefully the AC is still working as I have not used it this year so far.

Just Curious don't You at least have Over The Air TV? There are also DVR solutions for OTA TV that are not expensive, including some that work with Your computer. With no cable news exactly how do You get Internet? I kept basic TV which is pretty cheap and so far, knock wood, I can tune all the local channels and Sub channels with the TV sets tuner. If they change that to where I need a expensive Cable box for every TV then The Basic Cable TV may go and I'll only have Internet with them and TV via Satellite TV.

I agree the Cherries have been tasty this year, there must have been good growing conditions. I though I was overpaying at $2.99 a pound for them, Yours are higher :( I seem to remember last year that I found some at 99 cents a pound, not this year however.

FWIW Although I feel bad for the areas having really bad weather and I am including parts of NJ and NY in that, I am happy the worst weather is going either North or South of me.

Have a Great Weekend and Weekend Weather
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Happy Independence Weekend. Lying in bed enjoying my TENS. Thanks Jan for the recommendation! In two weeks, I'll be leaving gor a month. Driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp. Then driving to Virginia to work from that office...it will be my first time meeting my boss and many colleagues. Im very frustrated and sad that I couldn't have met them when i was doing well. But, i am where i am, so, nothing to do now but find clothes that fit and make the best of it. After two weeks, then I pick Em up and go on vacation in OH IN and MI. So, I've been busy getting everything ready. Car oil change. Dog medicine refill. Making sure Em has what she needs. I rely on my lists! So, im having a productive weekend...and I'm happy about thst. All ny best to each of you! ~Val
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    My Brother & I went to the Picnic on the lawn yesterday and finally saw the Fireworks, I say finally as the Ball game went into extra innings and they paused the game after 11PM and did the Fireworks, then it looked like they were getting going again, we left and were on the way home at 11:30. During the Interval I wandered into the Target an ended up buying a Jance paperback called "Dance of the Bones" one of the books featuring J. P. Beaumont at 15% off and on the way out I saw a Starbucks so I had a hot Coffee. Thus the 6Pm to 10Pm ran 6Pm to 11:30Pm :) They were nice enough to keep the Historic Van Horne House open as well *kitten* handing out goodie bags from the Unity Bank. The Weather was surprisingly cool to where everybody was feeling a chill by the time the Fireworks went off. If I has realized it would be that chilly on July 2nd I would have dressed warmer.

I ended up over 11K steps yesterday and was somewhat sore today after getting a late start walking I did 3500 steps and One Cent. The weather seemed OK heading out however I did start to feel warm on the return leg.

What I did for food yesterday was eat my Dinner at Lunch time and my lunch at the Picnic. I ended up with was a NS Grilled Chicken sandwich with a smear of Lite Mayo on the the buns which I toasted lightly before reassembling the sandwich and 1 1/2 slices of shopRite Precooked Bacon, A Tangerine, A Chocolate ready to drink Protein Shake by Muscle Milk 100 calories from CostCo, Fresh cauliflower courtesy of my brother likewise the Carrot sticks and Celery bites. Dessert was the NS Vanilla Shortbread Cookies. They came around with a tray of Brownies and Ginger Cookies while we were there, I ended up with one of each :( FWIW I also had a Bottle of Frozen water to keep the foods cold and a chilled one to drink.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Happy Independence Weekend. Lying in bed enjoying my TENS. Thanks Jan for the recommendation! In two weeks, I'll be leaving for a month. Driving to Ohio to take Em to Harry Potter camp. Then driving to Virginia to work from that office...it will be my first time meeting my boss and many colleagues. I'm very frustrated and sad that I couldn't have met them when i was doing well. But, i am where i am, so, nothing to do now but find clothes that fit and make the best of it. After two weeks, then I pick Em up and go on vacation in OH IN and MI. So, I've been busy getting everything ready. Car oil change. Dog medicine refill. Making sure Em has what she needs. I rely on my lists! So, I'm having a productive weekend...and I'm happy about that. All my best to each of you! ~Val

Hi Val
    I actually made a list of things to pack for the Picnic on the Lawn yesterday :)

I'm glad to hear that the Tens is helping.

That will be a busy month for You. Did You also have them look at things like the hoses and belts in the engine compartment or is the car new enough not to worry about that sort of thing. It would probably be a good move to make sure the tires are properly inflated for a road trip too, especially the spare tire. When I traveled I even went so far as to carry a spare set of Fan Belts but then on my trips I ended up traveling some empty stretches of roads especially the one year I drove across the south on I-10 from Florida to New Mexico. Parts of the Texas leg seemed to be nothing but miles and miles of nothing :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I also forgot to mention above that I sampled my brother Home made Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad with Home Made Pesto using Basil from the Garden instead of Mayo. On the good side the scale was kind to me this morning.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger- Congrats on your scale success! Pesto on the salads sounds tasty.
    Car got a full checkup including tire rotation and inflation. It is quite new, so it should be fine.
    Fireworks are keeping my doggies up all night again...yes, they're illegal but that doesn't stop Texans. ☹️ I'm exhausted. Daytime napping isn't my thing, but I'm trying.