100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I did get out walking, I cut it somewhat short due to circumstances.
    It appears that there was a light rain overnight, not enough to make the ground wet under the trees. There was no rain while I was out walking and I did have a Umbrella with me just in case. It was 10 degrees warmer than yesterday at 77 Degrees at 6AM.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I found a Quarter laying in the road in the first block of my walk, and one corroded Penny on the inbound leg as I neared the Grocery Store total found 26 cents and 7K steps. I picked up four Cameo Apples for $.99 a pound and other Miscellaneous fruits and a head of Lettuce.

Today the weather was great to walk in, it was 13 degrees cooler then yesterday for 6AM due to a cold front that moved through the area.

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roge
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Roger - thank you for being here still. Its been along time since I've posted - I've been out of the loop for about 6 months and decided this morning that what I needed is help. This kind of help - discussing and sharing with like minded people about this plan to improve my health. Thankfully, I had this site bookmarked and thankfully all of you that are still here, are still here for me. Truth be told, even though I wake up every day with the best intentions to stay on program, I have been sabotaging each day's efforts with uncontrollably night time, mindless eating. Not only do the waistbands of my pants feel it, I think my body is actually begging me to get control of myself and to stop. The thing is I know what to do but have lost the will to do it. I will stay in touch on the boards here and try to regain my commitment to myself. Thanks for your help everyone and have a great day.

"It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through." Zig Ziglar
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    5mates wrote: »
    Roger - thank you for being here still. Its been along time since I've posted - I've been out of the loop for about 6 months and decided this morning that what I needed is help. This kind of help - discussing and sharing with like minded people about this plan to improve my health. Thankfully, I had this site bookmarked and thankfully all of you that are still here, are still here for me. Truth be told, even though I wake up every day with the best intentions to stay on program, I have been sabotaging each day's efforts with uncontrollably night time, mindless eating. Not only do the waistbands of my pants feel it, I think my body is actually begging me to get control of myself and to stop. The thing is I know what to do but have lost the will to do it. I will stay in touch on the boards here and try to regain my commitment to myself. Thanks for your help everyone and have a great day.

"It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through." Zig Ziglar

Hi Bev!!!!

It is so nice to see you post!! I have thought often of going back and writing to several people, you were one!!

You can not get better than Roger for motivation! It is easy to back slide, we all have done it! Coming back is the important part! At the moment I am eating large sunflower seeds at night so my hands are busy. They take a while to crack. Also fresh grapes, because of the volume, and you get a lot there. I eat a lot of protein for snack, not carbs. Seems to help! If my daughter has trouble, she eats what she is eating, but eating a fresh salad and vegetable with it. She says she starts craving the better food, and starts cutting the portions of no no's. Grapefruit juice does that too. It might help!! Stay in touch!!! <3 Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Okay, this is a fluke because I was cutting some grass so my lawn guys can keep it maintained,...... hopefully.

(You know), so my 2 burly lawn guys do not hurt their industrial size mowers. I was out in the 94 degree heat for about 4 hours, my grey, old, and arthritic self, with my little snapper awesome mower!

My fit bit had just over 16,000 steps! I missed the fireworks and all on it, but did get a new badge, lol!

Won't happen again for a while, again lol! Hang tough! B)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Jan - 16,000 steps is awesome! WTG.
    I'm on 500 steps so far today...lol. Aleve is not touching today's pain. And I didn't even do anything.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have backed down the amount of steps today 6600 steps, as I was feeling some pain, Later I will be going to the Acme for some sale items and will be adding to the step count that way.
    It was warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg as I got out the door late. I am waiting to see if the forecast of possible severe weather comes true.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi Bev
    It can be hard to control the eating. I find that not having snack AKA junk food around helps with that. If all I have are healthy options I will snack on those however Celery and Plain Lettuce is less than fattening but still gives a texture when eaten so I keep one or the other or both on hand.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi Bev!!!!

It is so nice to see you post!! I have thought often of going back and writing to several people, you were one!!

You can not get better than Roger for motivation! It is easy to back slide, we all have done it! Coming back is the important part! At the moment I am eating large sunflower seeds at night so my hands are busy. They take a while to crack. Also fresh grapes, because of the volume, and you get a lot there. I eat a lot of protein for snack, not carbs. Seems to help! If my daughter has trouble, she eats what she is eating, but eating a fresh salad and vegetable with it. She says she starts craving the better food, and starts cutting the portions of no no's. Grapefruit juice does that too. It might help!! Stay in touch!!! <3 Jan

Hi Jan
    I find that I like Grapes, Cherries, Blackberries, Raspberries, Nectarines and nice tart crispy apples as a snack. I can save a SC to use for them.
    My other option is Skinny Cow ice Cream cones at 160 calories per and pretty tasty to when I get a craving for Ice Cream.

Cheers
    Roger
    Okay, this is a fluke because I was cutting some grass so my lawn guys can keep it maintained,...... hopefully.

(You know), so my 2 burly lawn guys do not hurt their industrial size mowers. I was out in the 94 degree heat for about 4 hours, my grey, old, and arthritic self, with my little snapper awesome mower!

My fit bit had just over 16,000 steps! I missed the fireworks and all on it, but did get a new badge, lol!

Won't happen again for a while, again lol! Hang tough! B)

Hi Again
    I find that I get a decent amount of steps when mowing too. My Brother and I are our Yard guys, the weekly bill was getting to be too high as it went up each year.

My Little Fitbit Zip just counts steps and estimates distance and calories burned and is also used as a pocket watch.

No Fireworks from it.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    I'm on 500 steps so far today...lol. Aleve is not touching today's pain. And I didn't even do anything.

Hi Jan
    I took a Acetaminophen and Aspirin combo when I got up before walking, I think it helped but I still could feel the pain starting to build so I shortened my walk today as I also did Yesterday. I did take them and then eat a Banana so they were not on a empty stomach.

Good luck beating the pain
    Roger
  • 5mates
    5mates Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thanks all for your suggestions and I am glad to be back amongst the "living". I say living because when I am putting my health (and weight) first I feel so much better physically. Friday morning is weigh in - I have not been on the scale so the shock is still to come. Numbers can't hurt me but my mindset can so I want to keep the mindset focused - the body will come along. Have a great Thursday all and get your steps in as best you can - 1929 and counting here.
  • Buttons61
    Options

Hi!! Trust me, it will be a long while before my fitbit sees 1600 again!! I am sorry the pain is there. I bought an TENS machine on Amazon, (of course!), that helps with chronic pain. With a warm towel over it, it is awesome! I am not sure, it might help your pain. It was pretty inexpensive. My daughter is having great luck with a commitment to meditating. She really fell apart from a bad teaching year, the staff not the kids, and just several years of stress and really losing her Dad and our family thru divorce. She is having a rough time getting ready for fall and going back (which is really Aug. and not fall.) The meditation is helping, combined with some yoga. It is extremely centering and helpful. She found she does not want to miss a day, it makes such a difference. kiss the poochie's for me!! <3 Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    thanks all for your suggestions and I am glad to be back amongst the "living". I say living because when I am putting my health (and weight) first I feel so much better physically. Friday morning is weigh in - I have not been on the scale so the shock is still to come. Numbers can't hurt me but my mindset can so I want to keep the mindset focused - the body will come along. Have a great Thursday all and get your steps in as best you can - 1929 and counting here.

Hi Bev! Great commitment to steps so far!! We all feel better eating better and walking. Isn't it funny we have such a hard time with it? Roger's steadfastness is inspiring to me, and I also crave the fruits he keeps buying because he is talking about them. So funny! Hey, do not let the numbers get you! We just want to start (!) and keep losing! We are here for each other!
    I have to do a mini fuss. I have loved weight watchers toffee ice cream bars. Seems they changed them and they are not so good, might be me... I am off to buy Roger's skinny cow suggestion! Hang in there! :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    I have backed down the amount of steps today 6600 steps, as I was feeling some pain, Later I will be going to the Acme for some sale items and will be adding to the step count that way.
    It was warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg as I got out the door late. I am waiting to see if the forecast of possible severe weather comes true.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger

Hope your pain diminishes, Roger! As always, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions you give and especially keeping them to the forefront!

Have we all told you lately how awesome you are???

We appreciate you and your forum. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went walking early for a partial walk, came home for an hour+ then walked to the doctors office for my Physical 9700 steps + one thin dime I found on my block at the start of the walk.
    It was a little warmer today when I left for my walk and even warmer on the return leg ans still warmer for the second walk.

I did not get to the Acme yesterday, when I looked at the flyer I realized I had it wrong, the sale starts Today :) Yesterdays Rain even was a light drizzle that did not wet the street under the trees in the morning and a slight bit more in the afternoon. So I ended up watering today.

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

Hi Bev
    I have to agree that mindset can be Your worst enemy. In my case it is stores, I have terrible resistance to buying things that are marginal for the NS diet. I did get some good news from todays doctor visit, I lost 10 pounds since January and since I have been working at holding this weight that is good news. I do need to lose a bit more however I figured that holding some months would give my body a chance to shape up. I could be right or wrong regarding that, However......

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Hi!! Trust me, it will be a long while before my fitbit sees 1600 again!! I am sorry the pain is there. I bought an TENS machine on Amazon, (of course!), that helps with chronic pain. With a warm towel over it, it is awesome! I am not sure, it might help your pain. It was pretty inexpensive. My daughter is having great luck with a commitment to meditating. She really fell apart from a bad teaching year, the staff not the kids, and just several years of stress and really losing her Dad and our family thru divorce. She is having a rough time getting ready for fall and going back (which is really Aug. and not fall.) The meditation is helping, combined with some yoga. It is extremely centering and helpful. She found she does not want to miss a day, it makes such a difference. kiss the poochie's for me!! <3 Jan

Hi Jan
    I find that OTC pain medications work marginally at best for me. Better than nothing however. Sometimes the pain is a delayed reaction IMO. I wonder if that ten machine would help, I have to look and see what it is as it is not ringing any bells of recognition :)

Cheers
    Roger

Hi Bev! Great commitment to steps so far!! We all feel better eating better and walking. Isn't it funny we have such a hard time with it? Roger's steadfastness is inspiring to me, and I also crave the fruits he keeps buying because he is talking about them. So funny! Hey, do not let the numbers get you! We just want to start (!) and keep losing! We are here for each other!
    I have to do a mini fuss. I have loved weight watchers toffee ice cream bars. Seems they changed them and they are not so good, might be me... I am off to buy Roger's skinny cow suggestion! Hang in there! :)
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger

Hope your pain diminishes, Roger! As always, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions you give and especially keeping them to the forefront!

Have we all told you lately how awesome you are???

We appreciate you and your forum. :)

Hi Again
    I do what little bit I can.

Many Thanks for the kind words
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I walked a while today 6700 steps + 1 Cent :) I stopped at the Grocery store and bought 4 Bananas and three Tangerines as the Bananas were just starting to show a little color. They should be fine by Tomorrow or Monday. The Weather was at 65 degrees this morning when I started out and warmed up fairly quickly with the Suns heat from a cloudless sky. The next two days should be great for people that have the weekend off.

11 days til my next NS order closes, I'll have to finalize it before then, I have been putting that off until I get closer to the closing date for it. Still need to finish applying NS Gift cards to it so it is completely paid for.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today 5600 steps as I was having some bad pains on outbound leg so I shortened the inbound leg + 2 Cents. One in the same block I live on and one after picking up my Coffee. One the way in 2 blocks from home a Deer ran across the street.

When I went to the NS site to apply a Gift card I saw that Dinner was short two pieces, Looking I see that They seem to have reformulated one of the frozen Pizzas.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

Critters from the back yard, we put in a trail cam to see what is digging under our shed, this is all we caught so far :)

WLBzyK.jpg

p2LNC1.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I only did 4100 steps today + 2 cents due to Pain and allergies. The weather itself was nice and cool on the outbound and it was already warming up heading back. Tomorrows weather report forecast is for rain showers.

Tomorrow might be a run around day, I have several stops to do, Renew the Car registration, X-Rays and Acme to look at the nutrition on some frozen items on sale.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi All!

It is foggy this morning, just 96% humidity I guess.. It thundered all around us yesterday, but alas, we got no rain. I thought it might have rained a little during the night, but my rain gauge is empty and dry. We sure need it here.

Sorry you are hurting Roger. The weather coming in for you all probably doesn't help. I used the Tens machine in therapy. I had never heard of it. Mine is by Purepulse. It delivers a small electrocharge to the area of pain. It has different levels and frequencies to set as you like. You cannot have a pacemaker, or other device. It blocks the pain route to the brain while causing your body to release natural endorphines to promote blood flow and pain management. It feels like a great massage and tingling in the area it is and that hurts. There are several electrodes and reusable pads so you can hit several places at once and can be moved accordingly. It feels good, more like a rolling comfort than anything else, and you control the strength of the settings. I stay pain free quite a while after.

Hope your pain lessens, and you can get your steps in, though sounds like you are doing good. I am on the way to the doctor today. I have a horrid cold, and I expect tonsillitis, which usually requires an antibiotic. (and ice cream!)... :) Loved the critter pictures!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan
    96% humidity is more than just uncomfortable IMO. We can use the rain here too. Yesterdays humidity was 46% and is a bit higher today according to the weather forecast.

Possible rain tomorrow, OTOH the rain seems to divide and go to the North & South of us frequently leaving us in a dry island between.

Thank You for the information on the Tens Machine
    I plan to look it up on the Internet after posting this :)

Thanks for feedback on the Pix.
    Roger

P.S. I just looked at the reviews on Amazon and they seem positive as do Yours, Free same day delivery too so I ordered one to try. If $60 gets me more steps again well worth the $60
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I did 6400 steps today so far + 1 cent and I picked up 2 Bananas on my walk, allergies are really bothering today when outside. The weather itself was OK outbound and it drizzled on me twice when leaving the X-Rays office and Acme.

Have a Great Week
    Roger