TheBigDirection

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Congrats on week 2!

The college professors that I enjoyed and remember most are the ones that truly LOVE their subjects! Most people are not fond of Organic Chemistry. A weeder pre-med class (lots of people fail and then change their majors to something else). Dr. Montana LOVES Organic Chemistry. When I took his class, I was just hoping to survive. Even though the subject by itself wasn't initially all that interesting to me, I became interested because of the teacher's PASSION. He was so excited to come to class and tell us about how the molecules behave under this condition or that...and he'd even act out the chemical reactions. He brought a rather dry subject to life!

So...be sure to let YOUR PASSION for your field shine! It will draw others in, and make your presentation memorable.

Proud of you for going after your dreams! Keep up the good work!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on this thread for awhile as I had issue with my computers loading your videos on the desktop and my laptop had no speech. The laptop is still a mess but I did get the video problem solved on the desktop and was able to watch several of them.
    Rick I can understand about going off NS due to the financial situation. Were you getting your insurance discounts, were you using the costco cards that you can purchase for $60.00 when on sale yet they give you $100.00 worth of food? Were you using the shelf or frozen? My shelf food package is approximately $150. I am on the weekend off plan but I do not do the whole weekend off. I usually will do 1 meal a day off but do follow the PF and SC food plan. Just thought I would ask those questions as you might not realize about the discounts and cheaper plan.
    11 laps is fantastic and I hope you are proud you have done that many. You will get the 12th lap in when your body is ready to move there. Such cute dogs you had walking with you. The bigger dog Buddy looked like he was ready for a drink but the other one was wanting to play.
    Congratulations in starting your classes. You sure had a lot to do that first week. I am taking some on line classes for my recertification. At my age it is horrible to get myself in gear and do the class. I keep wanting to do other things instead.
    Keep on trucking with the weight loss and the exercise and I am sure you will see more weight coming off in the months ahead. You have done such a great job so far-Please do not give up! The older you get the harder it is to come off.
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats on week 2!

The college professors that I enjoyed and remember most are the ones that truly LOVE their subjects! Most people are not fond of Organic Chemistry. A weeder pre-med class (lots of people fail and then change their majors to something else). Dr. Montana LOVES Organic Chemistry. When I took his class, I was just hoping to survive. Even though the subject by itself wasn't initially all that interesting to me, I became interested because of the teacher's PASSION. He was so excited to come to class and tell us about how the molecules behave under this condition or that...and he'd even act out the chemical reactions. He brought a rather dry subject to life!

So...be sure to let YOUR PASSION for your field shine! It will draw others in, and make your presentation memorable.

Proud of you for going after your dreams! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing! I'm very interested in the program I'm in right now. This is what I've been wanting to do for years now.
    Sorry I haven't been on this thread for awhile as I had issue with my computers loading your videos on the desktop and my laptop had no speech. The laptop is still a mess but I did get the video problem solved on the desktop and was able to watch several of them.
    Rick I can understand about going off NS due to the financial situation. Were you getting your insurance discounts, were you using the costco cards that you can purchase for $60.00 when on sale yet they give you $100.00 worth of food? Were you using the shelf or frozen? My shelf food package is approximately $150. I am on the weekend off plan but I do not do the whole weekend off. I usually will do 1 meal a day off but do follow the PF and SC food plan. Just thought I would ask those questions as you might not realize about the discounts and cheaper plan.
    11 laps is fantastic and I hope you are proud you have done that many. You will get the 12th lap in when your body is ready to move there. Such cute dogs you had walking with you. The bigger dog Buddy looked like he was ready for a drink but the other one was wanting to play.
    Congratulations in starting your classes. You sure had a lot to do that first week. I am taking some on line classes for my recertification. At my age it is horrible to get myself in gear and do the class. I keep wanting to do other things instead.
    Keep on trucking with the weight loss and the exercise and I am sure you will see more weight coming off in the months ahead. You have done such a great job so far-Please do not give up! The older you get the harder it is to come off.

Yeah I've been doing all the different discounts, I just don't have the cash to pay for it and I definitely can't ask others (Father/Relatives) to pay for me.

Thanks! So far I'm going strong in both my weightloss and school! :)
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Congrats on 111.

Don't forget to share your new menu so we can get food ideas for transitioning. Remember FIBER helps keep your gut happy and healthy and gives the good-bacteria what they want to eat and makes the bad bacteria want to leave(yes, I'm 50 and just had my first colonoscopy).

I just 'created' (I'm sure I'm not the first) a red bell pepper...stuffed with chicken/diced red onion/BBQ sauce, and topped with mozzarella --microwave for 3 minutes! Crunchy, yummy, and good protein and veggies. My BBQ sauce has 30 cal/2 TBSP, but I hear there is a different brand with only 5 cal/2 TBSP.
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    So glad you stayed. You are an inspiration Ricky!
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 111.

Don't forget to share your new menu so we can get food ideas for transitioning. Remember FIBER helps keep your gut happy and healthy and gives the good-bacteria what they want to eat and makes the bad bacteria want to leave(yes, I'm 50 and just had my first colonoscopy).

I just 'created' (I'm sure I'm not the first) a red bell pepper...stuffed with chicken/diced red onion/BBQ sauce, and topped with mozzarella --microwave for 3 minutes! Crunchy, yummy, and good protein and veggies. My BBQ sauce has 30 cal/2 TBSP, but I hear there is a different brand with only 5 cal/2 TBSP.

Val, that sounds yummy and honestly I haven't tried that one yet but I will....thanks :)
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Your priorities are right on, Ricky. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I agree with Ginny and Flo...I've missed your videos, but I totally support your priorities! It is right for your #1 priority to be taking care of your health through good food and activity! And, #2 pursuing education which requires time, effort, and dedication. So keep up the good work...we're all cheering for you! ~Val
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    No need to apologize, we all understand. Like Val said, time, dedication and effort are required for education.
    You are doing great and I wish you success in all your endeavors. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    LOL! You always bring a smile to my face, Ricky. Soooo, what IS next??
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Wtg Ricky! Thanks for including the sound byte of all of us cheering for you.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Love your music on this one. (3rd week down). You are doing good..keep up the good work!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    I Have a Confession to Make

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I Have a Confession to Make

Hi
    I have done the same thing every time I started a New Diet plan in the past :)
    I would eat up all the things not on the diet plan in the days leading up to the start of the diet.

Don't feel bad, if that is the worst thing, Congratulations
    Roger