• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That is very strange...
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    You could sing for us! :D

But...I understand the frustration of lost work. Sorry about that.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That has to be very frustrating. Sorry about that. Sounds like external HD is glitchy.
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Second Week Down!

Trying to get back on my upload schedule.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

Hi
    I would suggest not writing to the drive and trying out Recuva. You find it on this page
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/recuva/

I would also suggest that http://www.bleepingcomputer.com is a excellent free tech support site that might also be able to help out. I have used the website and Recuva too and it worked for me
    BleepingComputer Review:

Recuva is a file recovery program that can search a hard drive or a particular folder for deleted files and attempt to restore them. When using Recuva you can specify the types of files that you wish to recover and either scan a particular hard drive or a particular folder. If a file is able to be restored, Recuva will list them and allow you to restore them.

Note: This download is for the portable version, but has the same functionality as the one you install. Piriform started bundling toolbars in their installation products, so we switched to hosting the portable version.

Recuva has the following features:
    • Undelete files on your computer
    • Recovery from damaged or formatted disks
    • Recover deleted emails
    • Recover deleted iPod music
    • Restore unsaved Word documents
    • Quick-Start Wizard
    • Deep Scan
    • Securely delete files you want to erase forever
    • Portable version
    • Full Windows OS support and many languages

Good Luck
    Roger
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi
    I would suggest not writing to the drive and trying out Recuva. You find it on this page

I would also suggest that http://www.bleepingcomputer.com is a excellent free tech support site that might also be able to help out. I have used the website and Recuva too and it worked for me
    BleepingComputer Review:

Recuva is a file recovery program that can search a hard drive or a particular folder for deleted files and attempt to restore them. When using Recuva you can specify the types of files that you wish to recover and either scan a particular hard drive or a particular folder. If a file is able to be restored, Recuva will list them and allow you to restore them.

Note: This download is for the portable version, but has the same functionality as the one you install. Piriform started bundling toolbars in their installation products, so we switched to hosting the portable version.

• Recover deleted emails
    • Quick-Start Wizard
    • Deep Scan
    • Portable version

Good Luck
    Roger

Awesome, thanks man!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi

BleepingComputer Review:

• Recover deleted emails
    • Quick-Start Wizard
    • Deep Scan
    • Portable version

Good Luck
    Roger

Awesome, thanks man!

Hi
    Good Luck

Congratulations on not eating any of the fresh warm Cookies tmje.gif

Have a Great Day
  • ginnywed
    Options
    I'm sure if I had made those I would have eaten some. Big congrats on not eating any!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Cookies look great...and congrats on not eating them. I used to down and entire batch. I don't think is be strong enough to bake without eating.

I was reading a recipe that uses almond flour and xylitol, so very low carb!!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    ginnywed wrote: »
    I'm sure if I had made those I would have eaten some. Big congrats on not eating any!

Thanks!
    Cookies look great...and congrats on not eating them. I used to down and entire batch. I don't think is be strong enough to bake without eating.

I was reading a recipe that uses almond flour and xylitol, so very low carb!!

Yesterday I hit the jackpot on low carb recipes, there'll be plenty of cooking videos soon to come! =)
  • ginnywed
    Options
    You know its a good exercise if your arms are burning when you are done. Be careful not to do too much too soon.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Sending cyber hugs your way. I know it is hard not seeing your family all the time. Do you skype with them?
    My son lives 3,000 miles away and when I am missing him, I usually skype with him and it makes me feel a little better, just to hear his voice and see his face.