[Delete]
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Go where no man has gone before! ;)

• TheBigDirection
    Options
    Wow, did not mean to quadruple post there...
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the house hunting. However I thought your move down was to be to live with your relatives. Are things not going well?
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Good luck with the house hunting. However I thought your move down was to be to live with your relatives. Are things not going well?

Things are going great! The rest of the family is planning to move down, so I was scouting out potential houses on the market. Just trying to be a good son and help out my father :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Ricky, thanks for sharing your struggles and journey. Very inspiring! Wish you success at attaining all your life goals. ~Val
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow Ricky that is wonderful news that you will have the rest of your family there with you. Yes a very good son and I am sure your Dad is very happy you are there to scout out homes. Good luck and hope to see what you finally do purchase.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Hi Ricky, thanks for sharing your struggles and journey. Very inspiring! Wish you success at attaining all your life goals. ~Val

Thank you!
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Wow Ricky that is wonderful news that you will have the rest of your family there with you. Yes a very good son and I am sure your Dad is very happy you are there to scout out homes. Good luck and hope to see what you finally do purchase.

Thanks! I'll post more houses when I see em.

New video! Just a quickie!

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Ricky,

Did you already have the surgery to remove the bone spur on your toe?

Re: Sharing embarrassing moments. I had waited an hour in line with my daughter to ride a roller coaster. It was finally our turn and we got in. The young man came by while I was still getting settled and shoved the bar into me quite hard. Then announced to everyone that I was too fat for this ride. I told my kid to go ahead and go without me. But it was really embarrassing to have to get up and leave.

Take care,
    Val
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Hi Ricky,

Re: Sharing embarrassing moments. I had waited an hour in line with my daughter to ride a roller coaster. It was finally our turn and we got in. The young man came by while I was still getting settled and shoved the bar into me quite hard. Then announced to everyone that I was too fat for this ride. I told my kid to go ahead and go without me. But it was really embarrassing to have to get up and leave.

Take care,
    Val

Hey Val!

I didn't get the surgery yet. I'm not feeling pain at the moment. Plus apparently my doctor is vacationing in Africa at the moment.

That was wrong of the guy to shame you like that. I'm sorry that happened.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    May the Fourth be with you!

• hope4change_val
    Options
    LOVE the Star Wars cantina music! You're considerably younger than I am, and I'm surprised and delighted that you also love IV, V, and VI better than I, II, III. I saw IV on opening day...remember that long line!

Glad that your toe is feeling okay now. Thanks for you video story! I'm hooked...can't wait to see more. Wish you all the best. ~Val
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I admire your courage to video your journey. I'm wishing you best of luck as you become healthy. I also am looking forward to more videos as you win at weight loss. Stay strong .......drink the water.....eat the food.....and keep moving!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    A Different Direction? Almost!

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Ricky,

Take care,
    Val

Hi Val
    I think I would have reported that person to management. I also would not have gotten up, I would have asked for management and thus thrown a little shame on him. When You work with the public you need to be diplomatic. Going one step further, I would also have asked for a refund.

Today I took a drive out a little ways into the country to a Walmart for a Garden Hose & Sprinkler and Clothes, There is another a little closer to me in a Bigger Population area. The One out west is a Nicer store, The Aisles are wider and even the customers seem like a better class of people.

Anyway I had a little NSV moment doing that. I used to have the seat all the way down and back and when I looked at the room between me and the steering wheel I had an Ah Ha moment. I moved the seat up and forward making for a more comfortable drive.

Hard to believe the car has almost 15,000 miles one it too. :)

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -157.2 Pounds Lost

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    RogerToo from NutriSystem Stray Thoughts
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    [/URL]
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and only shows my loss since I joined My Fitness Pal :)
    88672520.png