Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. Foggy so far, supposed to go up to the 80s today.
    Off to painting class.
    Have a great day, everyone! :)
    Hello Vix
    Forecast high for today is in the 50s and so far it is a dreary looking day, oh well they can not all be winners.

Yesterday was warm and I had the curtain drawn over half of the living room window to keep the heat out. I was more or less successful as the room hit 75 degrees.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger

Hello Irene
    Hello Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, I was busy yesterday trying to clean up the yard it is slow going. Today I have pt so I will say by
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Went to the shipping store today to mail back one dress via Fedex and 2 dresses via UPS. Did some exercise and laundry at home and visited my grandson for a few minutes.
    Roger, I hope you've gotten your results today, and I hope they're good.
    Irene, hope the pt is working for you.
    Hi Jo.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    It is has been raining since yesterday afternoon.
    Sophie has been sneezing a lot. The vet gave me some very expensive medicine, but it made her vomit. So now I am giving her 1/4 of a tablet of Claritin. I hope it works.
    Vix-I am guessing that the dress hunt continues. :)
    Roger-I hope you got good news from your test results.
    Irene-I still have a mound in my front yard from last year when I had a tree cut down. I am still deciding what to do in that area, talk about procrastination. ;)
    Today is my day to go into work late. So far I have dust mopped, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms and washed the kitchen floor.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, you get so much done so early! I need to do all that today. :wink: I think I've decided on a dress...I have one in a shimmery smoke color and one in navy, almost the same dress...It's a cold shoulder column style dress with ruching on the side. I'll try them both on one more time to be sure. Hope Sophie is feeling better.
    Hi Roger and Irene. Hope you're both feeling better.
    Rainy here today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is going to be posted shortly

Hi
    Some chances of rain throughout the weekend with the heavier rain Tomorrow. It is 52degrees outside and I turned the heat on to take the chill off of the rooms. I still do not have the results. Is that good or bad, I do not know. I called the doctors office again, Thursday, I was told I should get a phone call Tuesday and that the results have not been read. :(:(

I could hear some big raindrops hitting the window AC overnight as I was trying to sleep.

https://news.yahoo.com/health-yours-keep-cat-indoors-231058784.html
    For its health and yours, keep the cat indoors

https://www.axios.com/what-amazon-knows-about-you-2df28404-b975-4bc8-b2da-ac702e601cf8.html
    What Amazon knows about you

Obviously
    https://www.foxnews.com/science/when-you-die-you-know-youre-dead-because-your-brain-keeps-working-scientist-claims
    When you die ‘you know you’re dead because your brain keeps working’, scientist claims

https://medicalresearch.com/author-interviews/diet-rich-in-red-meat-linked-to-earlier-death/48624/
    Diet Rich in Red Meat Linked to Earlier Death

https://khn.org/news/diabetic-amputations-a-shameful-metric-of-inadequate-care/
    Diabetic Amputations A ‘Shameful Metric’ Of Inadequate Care

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, I was busy yesterday trying to clean up the yard it is slow going. Today I have pt so I will say by
    Good Morning Irene
    I'm not surprised that the yard is taking a lot to make nice looking. I hope Yours comes out great. Hard work deserves a reward.

The PT is still helping ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Went to the shipping store today to mail back one dress via Fedex and 2 dresses via UPS. Did some exercise and laundry at home and visited my grandson for a few minutes.
    Roger, I hope you've gotten your results today, and I hope they're good.
    Irene, hope the pt is working for you.
    Hi Jo.
    Have a good evening, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Alas, if You read my status report nothing yet I sure hope I get results on the 7th. Considering that the testing was on April 30, I have to wonder what the hold up is.

Free return labels I hope.
    Good morning.
    Jo, you get so much done so early! I need to do all that today. :wink: I think I've decided on a dress...I have one in a shimmery smoke color and one in navy, almost the same dress...It's a cold shoulder column style dress with ruching on the side. I'll try them both on one more time to be sure. Hope Sophie is feeling better.
    Hi Roger and Irene. Hope you're both feeling better.
    Rainy here today.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    I hope that is the dress since it sounds as if you sent most of the others back :smiley:

I have no idea what that description means, as Long as You know.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    It is has been raining since yesterday afternoon.
    Sophie has been sneezing a lot. The vet gave me some very expensive medicine, but it made her vomit. So now I am giving her 1/4 of a tablet of Claritin. I hope it works.
    Vix-I am guessing that the dress hunt continues. :)
    Roger-I hope you got good news from your test results.
    Irene-I still have a mound in my front yard from last year when I had a tree cut down. I am still deciding what to do in that area, talk about procrastination. ;)
    Today is my day to go into work late. So far I have dust mopped, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms and washed the kitchen floor.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
    Hello Joanne
    What a shame that the expensive medication had the effect. I hope the Claritin works too.

I am bummed out about the results delay.

You are making me feel tired and I just got up a little while ago with all that You have done already.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, Roger I hope you get the results soon. The pt is going slow but it is better it just slow and looking forward when it is finished . I am getting ready to go back out side and do a little more work . Jo I hope Sophie is feeling better. Hi Roger And vix take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Hang in there, Roger. Hopefully you'll get your answers soon.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is posted, Enjoy

Hi
    It is 58 degrees outside and raining. We had rain showers until Saturday afternoon followed by overnight rain which is still falling. I did not bother looking out during the overnight hours as I could hear the rain hitting the window AC unit. Once again I turned the heat on to take the chill off of the rooms. I was told I should get a phone call Tuesday and that the results have not been read. :(:(

I filled the car this month, between the Lawn mower gas can and the tank I spent $30, The last fuel I logged was in December 2018. What a wastrel I am and a huge contributor to Global Climate Change :)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/776432/black-death-pandemic-fears-plane-mongolia-outbreak
    Black Death pandemic fears after ‘disease found on PLANE’ – two dead
    FEARS of a Black Death pandemic are spreading after two people died from eating contaminated meat, potentially transmitting the disease onto a plane.

Lowest unemployment in 19 years for workers without bachelor's degrees in April
    Unemployment Rate for Women Falls to Lowest Since 1953
    Hispanic Unemployment Rate Sets New Record Low in April

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-02/pig-ebola-virus-sends-shock-waves-through-global-food-chain
    Pig ‘Ebola’ Virus Sends Shock Waves Through Global Food Chain

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/americas-worst-states-to-retire-in?utm_campaign=955760&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Desktop&utm_term=bloomberg&utm_content=190789656
    America's Worst States for Your Retirement
    Hmm... Texas, Georgia, Alalnama and at Number 2 NJ where I live :(

Followed by the 29 Best states to retire in here
    https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/americas-worst-states-to-retire-in/p-24
    Mass. #17

Unloading / Loading is hot miserable work IME.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-03/robots-edge-closer-to-unloading-trucks-in-amazon-era-milestone
    Robots Edge Closer to Unloading Trucks in Amazon-Era Milestone
    New Siemens, Honeywell devices work at least as fast as people. ‘The job is miserable inside that trailer.’

https://wtop.com/health-fitness/2019/05/diet-sodas-wrecking-the-diet-study-finds-low-calorie-drinks-dont-translate-to-low-calorie-lifestyle-in-kids/
    Diet sodas wrecking the diet? Study finds low-calorie drinks don’t translate to low-calorie lifestyle in kids

https://www.apnews.com/d0bb5c8e25574612869a71f3dd1a8e6a
    Families defrauded by unregulated service dog trainers

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48146305
    Christian persecution 'at near genocide levels'

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    hi all, Roger I hope you get the results soon. The pt is going slow but it is better it just slow and looking forward when it is finished . I am getting ready to go back out side and do a little more work . Jo I hope Sophie is feeling better. Hi Roger And vix take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Be careful not to overdo things and set the PT back. I am sure You can not wait for the PT to be finished

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Hang in there, Roger. Hopefully you'll get your answers soon.
    Hello Vix
    If I said I am impatiently waiting for results ?

I hope I get them Tuesday, considering the doctors offices track record for saying when I am not that hopeful. Tuesday will be the third day they said I should hear :(

Thanks
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Roger I know waiting is hard but since they are not rushing it ,it is probably a good sign .I will be glad when I don't have to go to pt ant more I go 3 days a week and it is like 1 1/2 hours it does take a up time. I think it is going to be awhile before my yard will be nice again . HI Vix and Jo
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Rained here all night and all day today. We had a great day despite the rain. Met with our children and my son's future in-laws at the winery where he will be married. It's a beautiful venue. We all came back here for cheesecake and coffee after. I made an amaretto cheescake with lemon and almond crust. It was delicious. :smile:
    Also had early mother's day for me, so the kids can go to their in-laws next week.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I am happy to say it finally stopped raining. I did find a penny on our second walk yesterday today I have a nail appointment and pt so I am a little busy take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like it stopped raining here too. :) Supposed to go up to 74 here today, and get sunny this afternoon. 80 tomorrow and 68 Wednesday.
    I have an acupuncture appt this a.m. Hopefully will get to see my daughter and grandson this afternoon.
    Have a great new week everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted more humor, I'm running late today too

Hi
    It is 53 degrees outside and the rain has ended. The Lawn is looking very ragged, My brother plans to mow even though it is still wet from the rain.

I believe the Sunday rain was over a inch, not heavy just steady.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/26/money-mistakes-millionaires-like-warren-buffett-bill-gates-google-eric-schmidt-never-make.html
    7 money mistakes millionaires like Warren Buffett and Bill Gates never, ever make—that average people do all the time

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/04/5g-mobile-networks-threat-to-world-weather-forecasting
    5G signal could jam satellites that help with weather forecasting
    New mobile system to be launched this year ‘will put lives at risk’

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, Roger I know waiting is hard but since they are not rushing it ,it is probably a good sign .I will be glad when I don't have to go to pt ant more I go 3 days a week and it is like 1 1/2 hours it does take a up time. I think it is going to be awhile before my yard will be nice again . HI Vix and Jo
    Good Morning Irene
    I hope it is a good sign, It could also be that the doctor is overloaded. Even a follow up appointment is a ways out. The one I made when I was released from the hospital is May 24 :(

I know You are champing at the bit to be done with the PT, I do not blame You. It likely will be a while, thinks need to settle and grow.
    good morning, well I am happy to say it finally stopped raining. I did find a penny on our second walk yesterday today I have a nail appointment and pt so I am a little busy take care everyone
    Congratulations on the Penny.
    Things are finally drying out now.

I always thought I would have more free time when I retired, Oh well. I seem to be busier than when I was working.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Rained here all night and all day today. We had a great day despite the rain. Met with our children and my son's future in-laws at the winery where he will be married. It's a beautiful venue. We all came back here for cheesecake and coffee after. I made an amaretto cheesecake with lemon and almond crust. It was delicious. :smile:
    Also had early mother's day for me, so the kids can go to their in-laws next week.
    Hope everyone had a great weekend. :)
    Hi Vix
    It sounds like You had a good day despite the rain. I tend to like the Graham Cracker & Butter Crust. When my brother makes a cheesecake the crust goes on the bottom and the ring mold forms the crustless sides.

That sounds like a good way to have Mothers Day for all.
    Good morning.
    Looks like it stopped raining here too. :) Supposed to go up to 74 here today, and get sunny this afternoon. 80 tomorrow and 68 Wednesday.
    I have an acupuncture appt this a.m. Hopefully will get to see my daughter and grandson this afternoon.
    Have a great new week everyone. :)
    I do sort of wish the weather and temperatures would level out. Cold and rainy, then dry and warm and then back to colder. Is it me or is the weather freaky this year ?

I hope Your day goes to plan and is enjoyable
    Roger