Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon
    Well our nice weather has deserted us. It is cold, damp and cloudy.
    Roger-hopefully no news is good news. I hope you hear soon.
    What are you planting this year?
    Irene-Good luck with the yard work. I need to clean out my flower beds, but have no motivation.
    Vix-The salad sounds good. We also have rain for the next few days.
    Have a good weekend!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I posted more humor a short while ago

Hi
    It is 59 degrees outside. There appears to have been a light drizzle overnight based on the street being wet except under trees where is dry and the day is gloomy looking. However the forecast is for today to be dry.

Update: I had a call Yesterday afternoon from the Patient records section at the hospital and if I go in person with photo ID I can get a copy of the test results. The call came to late to go Friday and the next day they are open is Monday. Progress of a sort.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7009641/Mystery-Spanish-coins-Utah-desert-predate-Columbus-200-years.html
    Mystery of the Spanish coins that predate Christopher Columbus by 200 years and have been found deep in the Utah desert

https://www.foxnews.com/us/judge-orders-northern-california-couple-to-pay-600000-for-removing-oak-tree
    Couple must pay nearly $600G for removing oak tree from their property, judge rules

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Options
    good morning, well I did try and rake some of the dirt from or trees it is such a mess but George is off tomorrow and he will help. I want to plant some grass but can't until I have it more level . Roger I know you are probably going crazy about waiting for the results hopefully you get them today. Hi Jo and vix off to pt talk to everyone later
    Hello Irene
    All the rain we have been having can not have helped when You went to rake. Hopefully the weather co operates today as forecast last night.

Crazy, sort of, Frustrated to say the least, I do see a light at the end of the Monday Tunnel.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Rainy day today, with showers and possible t-storms. Off to the chiropractor this a.m. No other specific plans. Could do some cleaning/laundry/etc.
    Went out to dinner last night, had a grilled artichoke and palm heart spinach salad. It was pretty good.
    Good luck planting, Roger.
    Wonder if it's the weather causing the energy shortage...I almost fell asleep yesterday afternoon.
    Good luck with the PT and yard work, Irene.
    Hope you are still getting good weather, Jo. We've got rain forecast for the next several days.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    I need to do cleaning and Laundry too, Motivation is lacking. Hmm... Weather may be contributing, in part by interfering with my sleep.

That does sound like a tasty salad, Any dressing ?

Plan for today is my brother drags out the tiller and I get some planting done afterwards.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    Well our nice weather has deserted us. It is cold, damp and cloudy.
    Roger-hopefully no news is good news. I hope you hear soon.
    What are you planting this year?
    Irene-Good luck with the yard work. I need to clean out my flower beds, but have no motivation.
    Vix-The salad sounds good. We also have rain for the next few days.
    Have a good weekend!
    Hello Joanne
    Yesterday was damp with off and on drizzle throughout the day it did get to 70 OTOH. Today is supposed to be dry as we head into a wet forecast for Mothers Day.

Hopefully Monday I will get the results and be able to decipher what they say :smiley:

Motivation, What is that ?

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, the salad had a vinegrette dressing. Glad you can get your test results Monday.
    I think it's supposed to be rainy here again, though cooler then yesterday, only getting up to 62.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    There's a Preakness festival this weekend and they're supposed to be sending off hot air balloons at the Howard Co. Fairgrounds. We may go if the weather cooperates.
    I did laundry, but didn't clean yesterday, so may try to do that before we go.
    Happy Weekend, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all, well Roger glad you will be getting some answers I am a little surprised that your Dr didn't call you back god luck with the results. Well it rained pretty hard last night not sure if I will be getting any raking done today and I know we are suppose to get a lot of rain tomorrow. Vix the festival sounds like fun. Jo we have had rain like every other day here it has been hard getting yard work done. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Too rainy for the festival...will see how it looks tomorrow or maybe next year!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor has been posted

Hi
    It is 50 degrees outside. The forecast for today with rain starting overnight has happened, The rain is supposed to be with us all day into tomorrow. The forecast high in the 50s :(

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/homeowner-faces-30k-in-fines-foreclosure-after-not-mowing-lawn
    Homeowner faces $30K in fines, foreclosure after not mowing lawn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7014293/Pioneering-gene-therapy-repair-deadly-heart-attack-damage.html
    Pioneering 'Holy Grail' therapy could repair deadly heart attack damage by injecting a gene to restart growth which stops when we're babies

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/World-s-fastest-bullet-train-starts-test-runs-in-Japan
    'World's fastest bullet train' starts test runs in Japan
    Next-generation shinkansen to clock in at 360 kph

https://nypost.com/2019/05/10/illinois-proposes-1k-annual-registration-fee-for-electric-cars/
    Illinois proposes $1K annual registration fee for electric cars

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/energy-drink-addiction-left-mom-with-pacemaker-at-32/
    Energy drink addiction left mom with pacemaker at 32

https://nypost.com/2019/05/08/scientists-on-the-verge-of-creating-100-percent-recyclable-plastic/
    Scientists on the verge of creating 100 percent recyclable plastic

Have a Good Sunday And Happy Mothers Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, the salad had a vinegrette dressing. Glad you can get your test results Monday.
    I think it's supposed to be rainy here again, though cooler then yesterday, only getting up to 62.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    There's a Preakness festival this weekend and they're supposed to be sending off hot air balloons at the Howard Co. Fairgrounds. We may go if the weather cooperates.
    I did laundry, but didn't clean yesterday, so may try to do that before we go.
    Happy Weekend, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    I hope they told me the truth, Anyway the hospital is a maze. My brother thinks he knows where it is, near the nutritionist he sees monthly. He is driving me Monday, The mid day parking can be a bit of a trek to the main entrance so just playing safe he will drop me by the entrance and then park the truck.

Our weather looks to be below normal and wet for the next several days.
    Too rainy for the festival...will see how it looks tomorrow or maybe next year!
    Not surprising that the weather is too wet especially for hot air balloons. Rain can add a substantial weight to them.

I was surprised that we are in a Helium shortage and that it is needed for certain things such as MRI machines. We have been squandering it in balloons and from what the news broadcast said there are only three suppliers and no way to manufacture it if (when) it runs out.

Have a Happy Mother Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    hi all, well Roger glad you will be getting some answers I am a little surprised that your Dr didn't call you back god luck with the results. Well it rained pretty hard last night not sure if I will be getting any raking done today and I know we are suppose to get a lot of rain tomorrow. Vix the festival sounds like fun. Jo we have had rain like every other day here it has been hard getting yard work done. take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Yesterday my brother tilled the garden beds and picked up topsoil, organic fertilizer and more while I planted the Dahlias we saved over winter from last year, There was a bit of a rush to get it done due to the forecast.

Getting the garden ready has been tough due to the rain, too much or too often.

Have a Nice Day, Stay Dry
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!
    It is currently raining here. I ran outside with my daughter this morning before the rain.
    I managed to do .58 of a mile. It is a start. We then went into the gym and I did 2 miles on the elliptical and some of the weight machines.
    My daughter took me to tea yesterday for Mother's day. It was fun. Today we had planned on going to SOWA market, but it was cancelled. So no plans for today. Hubby is working. They have a big project that needs to get done by Wednesday, so he has been putting in a lot of overtime.
    Roger-good luck with getting you test results on Monday. I would have thought the Dr. would call you with the results. Is this a doctor you have been going to for a while or someone new?
    I think I would lodge a complaint.
    Vix-The hot air balloon festival sounds like fun, I hope you get to go tomorrow.
    Hi Irene-how is Annie doing?
    Have aa good day and stay dry! :)
  • eku0
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi all. The hot air balloon festival was only for the weekend...rained out I guess, so maybe next year. :)
    You're doing great with all the exercise, Jo. Nice that you get to run with your daughter.
    Irene, I guess the yard work is getting rained out too!
    Roger, our weather is about like yours...rain and in the 50s for the next few days. I was surprised at the helium shortage too. Interesting all the research they're doing with gene therapies. I hoping for one to repair/replace cartilege! ;)
    I get to have a nice relaxing day today...will probably check out things to do in Sedona for our trip next week.
    Happy-Mothers-Day-Cards.png

• IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all ,happy mother's day Vix and Jo. I did finish the front yard got all the dirt leveled so now I need to plant grass but I need to wait until it stops raining. I still need to do the back yard but just I want to finish the front tomorrow I go back to the Dr for my shoulder hope he sees an improvement take care everyone. Annie is doing pretty good .Roger good luck tomorrow.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well if it stops raining today I plan on putting some lime down and maybe some grass seed not looking too good outside it is raining again. Roger good luck today hope you are able to read it. Well got to get ready for the Dr take care
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope you get a good report from the Dr.
    Roger-good luck getting your results today.
    Vix-I hear Sedona is beautiful.
    The sun is shining today. Hopefully I can get some work done in my flower beds. I bought a new trellis yesterday to replace one that had rotted.
    Have a good day!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Chilly and rainy here today with a high of 56.
    Good luck at the Dr today, Irene.
    Hope you get your results today, Roger, and that all's clear.
    Jo, have fun in your garden.
    We booked a jeep tour for next week. That should be fun, and the weather looks like it's mostly going to be nice. Looking forward to the scenery and art.
    I have a massage this morning, and errands to run today.
    Have a great day everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did post more humor a little while ago and then got distracted by news articles while eating Breakfast

Hi
    It is 45 degrees outside, The forecast high is in the 50s again. At the present moment there is no rain falling, the forecast is for rain off and on today. Update : there is a light rain falling.

https://www.studyfinds.org/drinking-six-cups-coffee-heart-disease/
    How Much Coffee Is Too Much? Drinking 6 Cups In A Day Is Bad For The Heart, Study Shows

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/may/11/all-fired-up-are-we-really-living-angrier-times
    The age of rage: are we really living in angrier times?
    In a world in which populists whip up anger that spreads on social media, it’s easy to conclude we have never been more furious

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/05/10/fbi-investigating-baltimore-city-ransomware-attack/
    FBI Investigating Baltimore City Ransomware Attack, As Internal Network Continues To Have Issues

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/02/19/baltimore-named-nations-most-dangerous-city-by-usa-today/
    Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/05/09/maryland-real-id-deadline-looms/
    66,300 Marylanders Could Lose Their Driver’s Licenses In June As REAL ID Deadline Looms, MVA Says

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article230191724.html
    In an NC swamp, researcher finds tree older than Christianity. Could there be more?

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!
    It is currently raining here. I ran outside with my daughter this morning before the rain.
    I managed to do .58 of a mile. It is a start. We then went into the gym and I did 2 miles on the elliptical and some of the weight machines.
    My daughter took me to tea yesterday for Mother's day. It was fun. Today we had planned on going to SOWA market, but it was cancelled. So no plans for today. Hubby is working. They have a big project that needs to get done by Wednesday, so he has been putting in a lot of overtime.
    Roger-good luck with getting you test results on Monday. I would have thought the Dr. would call you with the results. Is this a doctor you have been going to for a while or someone new?
    I think I would lodge a complaint.
    Vix-The hot air balloon festival sounds like fun, I hope you get to go tomorrow.
    Hi Irene-how is Annie doing?
    Have aa good day and stay dry! :)
    Hello Joanne
    OK, Weather cancellation for the SOWA Market ? I am tired of the rain and it is delaying the vegetable garden planting for my brother.

Congratulations of the running and Gym exercise.

This is a doctor that was brought in based on the Catscan that led to the MRI to the testing. Things happened fast the first day. It ran in order, My local Doctor to ER to Catscan to Emergency surgery to wanting a closer look thus a MRI. That led to another test a few days later on the 30th, once they could fit it in, Too many MRIs needed and not enough MRI machines :(

This is what I see for the doctor and they have a office around the corner from the hospital.
    Since I do not know surgeons or GI doctors....
    https://www.bing.com/search?q=gastromed+bridgewater+nj+reviews&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB

FWIW the Surgeon that did the emergency surgery was brought in by the hospital too.
    Good morning;
    Irene-I hope you get a good report from the Dr.
    Roger-good luck getting your results today.
    Vix-I hear Sedona is beautiful.
    The sun is shining today. Hopefully I can get some work done in my flower beds. I bought a new trellis yesterday to replace one that had rotted.
    Have a good day!
    I am hopeful, then with them I may need to research what they say on the Internet, I suspect a lot of technical terms and jargon.

Did You look at some of the plastic ones or just go with wood again. If wood I would have went with one that is rot and insect resistant.

Stay Warm and Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all. The hot air balloon festival was only for the weekend...rained out I guess, so maybe next year. :)
    You're doing great with all the exercise, Jo. Nice that you get to run with your daughter.
    Irene, I guess the yard work is getting rained out too!
    Roger, our weather is about like yours...rain and in the 50s for the next few days. I was surprised at the helium shortage too. Interesting all the research they're doing with gene therapies. I hoping for one to repair/replace cartilege! ;)
    I get to have a nice relaxing day today...will probably check out things to do in Sedona for our trip next week.
    Hi Vix
    As far as I know they either replace the joint or in the case of a torn Cartilage they remove the torn part.

They have a Quick Chek Balloon festival later in the year, I do not recall rain cancellations for that, Maybe less rain at that time of year ?

Our Garden work is getting rained out and the lawn is about due to be mowed again, much to wet right now.

I am thinking about just buying a new blade for it, The Cost on Amazon is near the price of having it sharpened & balanced or buying the apparatus to do it ourselves.
    Good morning.
    Chilly and rainy here today with a high of 56.
    Good luck at the Dr today, Irene.
    Hope you get your results today, Roger, and that all's clear.
    Jo, have fun in your garden.
    We booked a jeep tour for next week. That should be fun, and the weather looks like it's mostly going to be nice. Looking forward to the scenery and art.
    I have a massage this morning, and errands to run today.
    Have a great day everyone.
    I hope You are right, Currently the plan is for my brother to run me out and then hit the Grocery store on the way home since we will be passing it.

And now the rain has stopped again. The grocery store main item needs a rain free period to keep the 3 cases of water from getting water build up in them. 3 for $6 is to good a price to pass up even though we do not need them this week.

Interesting, a Jeep Tour, I wonder if they are using modern jeeps or the Old classical WWII jeeps ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger