Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,165 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, thanks for the info.
    Jo, isn't it nice to sit outside and read. I have a big sun hat and shaded reading glasses. I did the same yesterday. 😎
    My eye exam went well, eyes are stable from last year.
    Craft day today.
    It's currently 51F, 11C. Sunny. High near 75F, 24C.. Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a satisfying Tuesday. 🌸πŸͺ»πŸŒžπŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨πŸ·
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 15 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

We'll see what the work day brings.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    The shower was beautiful very classy they even had a piano player there I was so impressed .
    Thanks everyone for asking we now are looking into Camp bow wow for Sammie we would perfer her to be closer to us.
    take care Ed ,Vix and Jo
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 15% chance of precipitation.

Plenty to work on today with testing and documentation. It shouldn't be a boring day.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited April 17
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, is Sammie ok? I'm glad the shower was fun.
    Ed, busy, busy.
    Hi Jo.
    Yesterday I finished 2 glass mushroom suncatchers I've been working on. πŸ„ 😊 And we went to see Will practice for La Crosse, funny with 5 year olds! The park had a nice playground and Lilly ran me around there a bit. She's very adventurous. πŸ›
    It's currently 57F,14C. Cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 71F, 22C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    We're going to sign our health care directives today. And will see what else the day brings. I need to stop off at the library later.
    Wishing all a happy πŸͺ day. πŸŒ€οΈπŸŒ‚πŸ·
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning,
    Vix I am sorry we are looking for Sammie to stay while we go to the wedding in June. This place sounds amazing they even have cameras that we can check on her we won't be able to stay the whole wedding but at least we can go for a little while wedding starts at 3pm and the Camp bow wow closes at 7 so we will leave early.
    Hope everyone is having a great day
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 14 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 31 and 3% chance of precipitation.

We got a little rain last night, but it was nearly my bedtime. I had the rare treat of a chicken pot pie for my supper, as I actually found one at Ingle's with (per the label anyway) not TOO many carbs. It was very tasty, made with all white meat chicken. It wasn't in the regular frozen foods, but in one of the meat department bins. I don't remember what it cost, but it was better than most of the regular frozen pot pies so I'll say it was worth it, I guess. I really should make my own pot pies, and I do know how, but the ready made ones are just so convenient.

I'm sure there will be plenty to keep me busy at work today.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, glad Sammie's ok. I love weddings.
    Ed, when I was a kid, I loved frozen pot pies. They were a treat. Haven't had them since. Glad you found a good one.
    Hi Jo.
    We got our business taken care of yesterday and I stopped by the library to return/pick up books.
    It's currently 57F, 14C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High 72F, 22C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled for today, and see what the rest of the day brings.
    These are my recent stained glass projects (goofy Raven and 2 mushrooms)
    edcbhz7vfjw7.jpg
    n3tixyjl1v37.jpg
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. πŸ¦β€β¬›πŸ„πŸŒΈπŸͺ»
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 49F and raining.
    Vix-Your sun catchers are so cute.
    Ed-I love chicken pot pie.
    Hi Irene.
    We have a family of raccoons living under our deck. I was down in the basement yesterday and heard little squeaks, so I looked
    out the window and there was a raccoon looking back at me. She made a nest in the window well and had her babies there.
    I am hoping when they are big enough that they will move on. Then we will fill in the hole she made to get under the deck.
    Never a dull moment around here! :D
    Have a good evening. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 20 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 28 and 90% chance of precipitation. I think my joints agree with that forecast.

Great stained glass pieces, Vix!

I see some software changes have posted, so know what I'll be working on this morning!

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, have fun with the software changes, enjoy the warm weather.
    Jo, I guess you found some information to wait until they leave. I found these: https://www.peta.org/issues/wildlife/living-harmony-wildlife/raccoons/
    https://www.mspca.org/animal_protection/about-raccoons/
    Raccoons are scary if they're frightened. We caught one in a trap by mistake when we were trying to get rid of our groundhogs in our old house. It was hard to even release it from the trap. I guess you can scare them out through the window when the time comes.
    Hi Irene.
    I offered to help the manager of the local Senior Center to start a stained glass class here, so I got some start up information about equipment and costs and sent it to her, so she can look at it and have something to present to the board. It'll be nice if they can do it.
    My massage was good yesterday.
    It's currently 41F, 5C. A bit cooler today. Cloudy with occasional rain during the afternoon. High 61F, 16C. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
    Our housecleaner is coming this a.m., and we'll be picking up our grandson to spend the afternoon with us. 😊
    Wishing all an easy Friday. β˜οΈπŸŒ‚πŸŒΈπŸͺ»πŸŒ·πŸ·
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    We had a relaxing afternoon with our grandson yesterday and I baked a strawberry swirl cheesecake last night. We are going to our son's house today to celebrate our daughter-in-law and son-in-law's birthdays. (They are 2 weeks apart and we are meeting in the middle. ;) )
    It's currently 54F,12C. Partly cloudy. High 66F, 19C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend! πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸŒ€οΈπŸ·πŸŽ‚
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 20 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 25 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Despite yesterday's dire forecast (which was technically mostly accurate, at least on the precipitation chance) it was a lovely day, sunny for the majority. The 90% chance of precipitation did manifest, but only in the morning, when it was raining lightly while I finished my breakfast, and again late in the evening with a brief shower around 8:30 p. m. so overall a pretty nice day and not the cloudy, dismal day that I expected.

I'll probably grocery shop today, though I may check the forecast and put that off until tomorrow.

Breakfast was a country fried steak with biscuits and plenty of home made country gravy with just a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to jazz it up and plenty of black pepper.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning,
    Vix have fun at the birthday party very smart to hold them together.
    Ed and Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 51F and raining. Good day to stay in and read a book.
    Vix-have fun at the birthday celebration. Thanks for the info about the raccoons.
    Hi Irene and Ed.
    Enjoy the weekend! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have a cooler one today. Right now it's raining and 12 degrees Celsius. It's expected to rain most of the day, probably clearing up by 4:00 this afternoon when we may see some sun and a high of 16 Celsius.

A good day to do laundry. I'm sure Dinah will agree.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    Good Sunday morning,
    Vix i just saw your stain glass really nice do you sell them ?
    Hi Ed and Jo
  • eku0
    edited April 21
    Options
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene. I mostly put my stained glass up for decoration in my windows and give them as gifts. We are selling some at a local farm around the holidays to support the Senior Center.
    Ed, cooler here today too, but yesterday was pretty nice.
    Jo, it was wonderful to see everyone. πŸŽ‚πŸ’—
    It's currently 46F, 8C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High around 55F, 13C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    No special plans for today, will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. πŸŒ₯οΈπŸ•ŠοΈπŸŒΈπŸͺ»πŸŒ·
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

We have 6 (Celsius) fair degrees (feels like 4) with an expected partly cloudy high of 20 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I got all the laundry done yesterday. Two loads washed, folded, and put away all in the same day. That's rare for me to not leave a load in the dryer for a couple of days.

Plenty of testing and documentation to do today.