Options
1721722723724725727»

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, lots of pool days coming up.
    Jo and Ed, how great is that to pick fresh berries!
    I've started working on repairing my large stained glass piece. I hope I can fix it and get it done over the summer. I'm doing that at home, and will continue to work on other small pieces in class.
    It's currently 74F, 23C. Sunny. High near 85F, 29C. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. There was a quick rain shower overnight. That helped a bit.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌟🌻🌼😎🥤🕊️
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Malware Spreadsheet Spread

Scammers always look for ways to get you to make impulsive decisions. They usually scare or alarm you so that you react without thinking. In this week’s scam, cybercriminals send you an email with many urgent-sounding words that are designed to grab your attention immediately. The email looks like a payment invoice and contains an Excel attachment. It mentions that the attached forms need to be processed “as soon as possible” and that “penalties” will result from any payment delays.

If you open the attached Excel file, you’ll be presented with a pop-up window that instructs you to “Enable Editing” by clicking a button. If you click the button, the malware will begin installing on your computer. This particular malware is highly advanced. Once installed on your computer, it can steal user credentials and other personal information. The malware is designed to avoid being detected by your antivirus software. Once it has made its way onto your computer, it is very difficult to remove it.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a malware phishing scam:

Be cautious of emails that create a sense of urgency or fear. Phrases like "as soon as possible," "penalties," and other alarming language are common tactics used by scammers.

Never select “Enable Editing” or “Enable Content” on attachments from untrusted or unexpected sources. Selecting either of these options is a common way for malware to be installed.

Verify the legitimacy of any invoice or payment request by directly contacting the company using known contact information.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (C) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 35 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I am scheduled for periodontal surgery at 7:00 this morning. I'll be taking the entire day off from work.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    edited June 25
    Options
    good morning
    Good luck with your perio surgery this morning, Ed!
    It's currently 60F, 16C. Partly cloudy. High 91F, 33C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. 🥵
    Stained glass and clay for me today.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌞🌤️🌻🌼👩🏻‍🎨🕊️😎
    Irene and George!!!
    g125h5l3bvu1.png

And a very Happy Birthday to George!
    Hope you two are doing something fun today! 😊
  • parityanimal
    edited June 25
    Options
    Update:

Surgery seems to have gone well. I just have to be very careful about my mouth for the next week to 10 days. I had some gum grafting done on the upper front to, hopefully, take care of some seriously receding gums on a few teeth. No hot food for 24 hours at least, and no chewing for at least that long, and I'm supposed to keep it to soft foods and minimal chewing until we check it next week.

Well, I like yogurt and cottage cheese, and have some soft, canned peaches I can mix in. Surprisingly, chicken salad was one of the soft food suggestions on the list, so I may make a bowl of that from some boneless, skinless thighs I bought over the weekend. Without any crunchy veggies in it, probably just very small diced chicken, some chopped, boiled egg, and enough Hellman's to hold it together, salt and pepper to taste. I can have it without bread or crackers at first, until I'm allowed to chew again. Ice cream might be a good carb to have with it!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    The wedding was beautiful everything was really nice .
    Thanks Vix for the Anniversary and birthday wishes no big plans
    hi Ed hope you aren't to sore
    hi jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Ed-glad the surgery went well and I hope you are not in too much pain.
    Irene-Happy Anniversary and Happy birthday to George.
    Hi Vix.
    Currently 86F with a slight breeze.
    I am getting ready for my son and daughter-in-law to arrive tomorrow.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 21 (C) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 37 and 2% chance of precipitation. I would welcome some rain, especially if it would cool the temperature down a bit! I think that, other than getting the mail in, and the bins up after collection, I'll just try to stay indoors and recuperate. I will be working today, but not sure if it will be the whole day yet. I guess that depends on how I feel later.

The swelling doesn't feel so bad this morning, but my head is a bit fuzzy and I woke up with a headache. Hopefully, the prescription mega-dose of ibuprofen with breakfast will clear that up. If not, they did prescribe a few tramodol pills. I took one last night at bedtime but really don't like to take that kind of thing at all, and if I do take it, I prefer to do so only at bedtime.

The they gave me for inflammation is spiking my blood glucose, so I'm eating as few carbs as possible, which is a bit difficult since I'm stuck on soft foods. I still ate my banana for breakfast though. I may make a simple tuna salad or chicken salad for lunch, or maybe egg salad. I'd like mac and cheese but that is way too carbohydrate heavy right now.

The dosage on the methylprednisolone drops a bit each day, so that spiking should get better. Needless to say, I'm keeping a close eye on my blood glucose level while taking it. The first day, yesterday, should have been the worst for it.

Well, time to get ready for work.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    Ed, glad you got through the surgery. I had that done on my front bottom teeth years ago. It helped. All the medications can be hard on you. I always stop them as soon as possible. The prednisone is good and should help with the swelling. I hope you feel better soon.
    Irene, so glad you enjoyed the wedding! What joyous festivities!
    Jo, have a wonderful visit with your son and his family! Enjoy every moment!
    It's currently 76F, 24C. A mix of clouds and sun this morning followed by increasing clouds with showers developing this afternoon. Hot. High near 95F, 35C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%. I'm wearing one of my new tiered cotton dresses to keep cool!
    We're picking Will up from preschool this afternoon. It'll be fun.
    Wishing all a happy 🐫day! 🌞🌤️🌼🌻☔😎🕊️
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    spent the day in the pool tomorrow I go to pt I think I only have 2 more times to go really looking forward to being done.
    Ed i hope today was a better day for you
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 24 (C) sunny degrees with an expected cloudy high of 30, a bit cooler for sure, and 54% chance of precipitation. I say bring on the rain!

It appears I have become allergic to either the amoxicillin or the steroid, as I was developing a hot (over 101 degrees) red, sunburn-like area at the back of my neck and spreading to the middle back, despite never being out in the sun much. After phone consultation with the medical staff last night, they advised me to stop taking both, take some Benadryl, and we could re-group this morning. I am sure they will call me shortly to discuss next steps. Possibly a different antibiotic for a few days, but probably not any more of the steroid.

Got more testing to do this morning in my office.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning all
    Jo, enjoy your family!
    Irene, a day in the pool sounds nice. I'm sure you're getting tired of going to PT. I always ask for a printout of the exercises so I can continue doing them at home. It seems to help.
    Ed, yikes! Allergic reactions are not good. There are plenty of antibiotics out there, so hopefully they will find one that doesn't negatively affect you. Too bad about the steroids. They can be really helpful in the short term.
    There was a t-storm last night, we needed the rain. It's currently 68F, 20C. Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 87F, 31C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage appt this morning. Looking forward to that.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. 🌞🌤️🌻🌼🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 23 (C) foggy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 32 and 51% chance of precipitation.

I nevel did see any rain yesterday, but maybe today.

Jason should be home this evening from his business trip to the home office area. We'll see what's hot on the work front for me. Hoping for a really slow "Hey, I'm here anyway..." kind of day myself.

I'm really tired of nothing but soft food. Not that anything I've been eating has tasted bad. The ice cream last night for dessert was great, with small chunks of canned peach dumped on. But I'd love a cheeseburger or slice of pizza!

Dishwasher is running. I had potato soup for breakfast, with a banana.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Worked on a few things around the house yesterday, returned some things to TJMaxx.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning, and I need to stop by the library later. That's about it.
    All's quiet.
    It's currently 65F, 18C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 84F, 29C. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday, and a great weekend ahead. 🌞🌤️🌼🌻🕊️