Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,130 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, good for you for keeping up with the treadmill.
    Jo, hope you are getting some relaxing in.
    Ed, Hope all goes well with the new software.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. May run some errands after that.
    It's currently 55F,13C Areas of patchy fog early. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 79F, 26C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. ☕💆🏻‍♀️⛅🌺
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    well it is raining here again today and of course Sammie doesn't to walk in the rain I will have to spend more time on the treadmill.
    Pt went well yesterday they are doing different exercises hopefully I get my balance better I go again tomorrow.
    hope everyone has a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Yesterday we had rain all day. The sun finally came out around 5:30.
    Today is grocery shopping and a few odd jobs around the house.
    Have a great day! :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,572 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 18 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of only 21 and 90% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a great day to stay indoors.

Hoping we can mostly wrap up some stuff today. Should be busy regardless.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    edited May 17
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, I'm glad your PT is going well.
    Jo, good to have time to catch up.
    Ed, another rainy day. Here too.
    We had sunshine yesterday. That was nice. I went to the library then sat outside for a while to read.
    It's currently 61F, 16C. Overcast. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 73F, 23C. Winds light and variable.
    Our housecleaner is coming this morning. I will probably run some errands this afternoon.
    Wishing all a happy Friday and wonderful weekend ahead. ☕📖☁️🌂🌺
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Nothing on the agenda for today. Will probably look on the net for things to do in Asheville next week. Keep busy around the house.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 63F, 17C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 100%.
    Wishing all a great weekend. 🌺☕🌧️☔🍷
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    Just got back from our walk it is pretty warm out it is 66 walk without a hoodie it was nice be nicer if the sun would come out.
    No plans today except mass tonight
    Hi Jo ,Vix and Ed hope you all are having a great day
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 21 (Celsius) foggy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 70% chance of precipitation that could include afternoon thundershowers, especially after 2:00.

The cats let me sleep in until 9:00, which was nice, but then some issues came up with a work client so I had to wake Jason up at 9:15 to look into that. I just monitored the conversation in the group chat while I fed the cats and made my own breakfast, in case they needed me to do anything.

Things are still happening, so I'll keep monitoring the chat.

I may go out for groceries today, but tomorrow is probably looking better for that. My name was just mentioned in the chat!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 57F and cloudy and a bit chilly. My daughter and I went to a heritage festival.
    It was fun and we got a lot of free stuff, insulated water bottle with straw, eye glass cleaning cloth,
    chapstick, bandaid holder, hand sanitizer, pen, sunglasses and a few other things.
    Ed-I hope your work issues didn't take up too much of your weekend.
    Vix-are you going on vacation?
    Irene-it is nice to be able to walk without a jacket or hoodie.
    Tomorrow we are going out to breakfast and then to a flea market.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, glad you were able to get a walk in. 60s is nice for walking.
    Ed, hope work went well yesterday.
    Jo, heritage festival sounds like fun, lots of useful freebees! We're going to Asheville, NC for a few days next week. Just a quick get-away. Enjoy the flea market!
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High 76F, 24C. Winds light and variable.
    Hoping to see the 2 older little ones today. Maybe make a short list of things to do next week, didn't get around to that yesterday.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. ☁️🌥️🌺🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 19 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 26 and 80% chance of precipitation.

The worst of the rain may have already passed through, and there is no prediction for thunderstorms so that's good.

I spent about 4 hours watching the work stuff yesterday and helping where I could. After it was all taken care of the client company was thrilled with the improvement in efficiency that came to them along with the fix for an annoying bug that was introduced in the prior build. Fortunately that bug had not brought them to a stop, but the workaround for the bug was slowing them down a lot. While fixing the bug, the team had already added some speedups and better memory management to the product, and included those in the new build.

I did manage to get out, after work, to get some groceries and may slip out to Kroger today for the rest of the list.

We'll see.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 29 and 3% chance of precipitation.

Should be a good day at work. I have some documentation to update, and I'm sure there will be testing to do but hopefully nothing too critical.

• eku0
    edited May 20
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, glad work went well. Good to have happy clients.
    Played with the 2 little ones for a while yesterday, drawing, painting, Hungry Hippo. 💕
    It got a little sunny in the afternoon (yay sun!) and I read on the patio for a while. I'm currently reading "Next Year in Havana". It's good.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning, and getting ready for our trip, so don't worry if I'm not here for a few days.
    It's currently 59F, 15C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High near 80F, 27C. HOT! Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌫️☁️⛅🌟🕊️
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:

Government Phishing

Cybercriminals like to manipulate people into acting on impulse because anyone can fall for this trick, even government officials. In this week’s scam, a Russian hacking group is targeting members of the Polish government with an enticing phishing email. The email contains a link that claims to provide information about a mysterious person who has been in contact with Polish government authorities.

If you click it, the link redirects you through multiple websites before reaching an archive of .zip files. This archive contains a malicious file that is disguised as a photograph. If you open the file, a distracting image is displayed while the malicious software secretly downloads onto your device. Once installed, the malware can collect your sensitive data and send it back to the hackers.

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to similar scams:

Avoid clicking on links in emails, especially if the email is not expected.
    Phishing emails may contain alarming or sensitive topics to try and trick you into clicking on a link. Always be mindful any time an email is encouraging you to take action.

If an email seems suspicious, always follow your organization’s reporting policy. An email that is reported quickly can help to protect your organization from a larger phishing attack.

The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend .e really didn't do much we did take a ride around the lake the weather was beautiful.
    Today I hope to get out and pull weeds not fun but it needs to be done
    hi Ed ,Jo and Vix
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 62F with a high of 71F and cloudy.
    Vix-enjoy your get away.
    Ed-happy clients are always good.
    Irene-I think pulling weeds is my least favorite thing to do.
    I ran errands this morning and now have the rest of the day free, yay!
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Vix enjoy your trip
  • eku0
    edited May 21
    Options
    good morning
    Thanks, Irene and Jo.
    Sounds like you're busy, Ed.
    It's currently 61F,16C. Areas of patchy fog early. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 84F, 29C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a good week. 🌺🕊️🍷🌞
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 19 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 30 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Work should be fairly quiet today. Fingers crossed.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 80F with a very slight breeze. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. I may have to
    think about turning the AC on.
    I did a little weeding, but it was a little too hot for me.
    Have a great day! :)