Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,662 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 17 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I foresee plenty of testing today and I definitely need to get some laundry started.

———————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,158 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, maybe you could share your recipe. Beans are very good for you.
    Jo, lots of work, good for you for finishing the weeding!
    Hi Irene, hope all is well.
    It's currently 61F, 16C Sunny early, then thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 73F, 23C. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
    I finished up a bluebird in stained glass yesterday, and got some clay pieces ready for bisque firing.
    I have a pre procedure (due in July) visit with the gastro PA this afternoon. Need to do some laundry, exercise, etc.
    Wishing all a happy 🐪 day. 🌞☁️🌩️🌂🕊️🍷
  • eku0
    Options
    ftue4kmkjolv.jpg
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I need to test a new (to me) scanner for work this morning. I'm sure there will be other things to check on as well, and there is a dryer full of laundry to fold.

Nice bluebird, Vix!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited May 30
    Options
    good morning
    It's currently 55F, 13C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 73F, 23C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. And we're picking up Will this afternoon for a grandma/grandpa day. A nice full day ahead with beautiful weather. What could be better.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. 🌞🕊️🌺😎🌟
  • parityanimal
    Options
    I THINK I remembered everything in the beans, but I generally wing it and just dump. I've estimated quantities on many items, but the main point is to make enough for a crowd, and I like to mix up the beans so there are a variety of textures and colors in the dish.

This dish is vegan, so that anyone at the party can enjoy it unless they are allergic to one of the ingredients. You won't miss the bacon.

Fiesta Baked Beans (serves a crowd!)

1 can (15 oz) Black Beans with liquid
    1 can (15 oz) Canneloni Beans (drained but not rinsed)
    1 can (15 oz) Chili Beans with liquid
    1 can (15 oz) Great Northern Beans (drained but not rinsed)
    1 can (15 oz) Heinz Vegetarion Beans with tomato sauce
    1 can (15 oz) Pinto Beans (drained but not rinsed)
    1 can (15 oz) Red Beans (drained but not rinsed)
    1 can (15 oz) Ranch Style Beans with liquid

If using fresh vegetables and or tomato sauce below, drain the black beans above to compensate, but be sure there is enough liquid so the beans won't be dry.

1/4 cup instant minced onion
    1/4 cup freeze dried chopped bell pepper
    1/8 cup freeze dried chopped jalapeno pepper (omit if desired)

1 Tablespoons garlic powder
    1 Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon ground ginger powder
    1 Tablespoon paprika (smoked, if available)
    1 Tablespoon ground turmeric
    1 teaspoon ground cardamom
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/3 cup tomato powder (sub small can of tomato sauce or some ketchup if desired)

1/2 to 1 cup dark brown sugar, to taste

Generous splash of apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar really)

Your favorite hot sauce, to taste, or you could add some red pepper flakes

3 to 4 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil

1 Tablespoon liquid smoke, any brand you like

Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly, in a large baking dish.

Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, for two hours. At this point the beans should be hot and well done, but if desired, and the beans aren't dry, you can turn the oven down to 225 Fahrenheit and let bake, covered, for another hour.

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 53F and raining.
    Vix-I like the bluebird. Have fun with Will.
    Hi Irene
    Ed-thanks for the bean recipe. All my kids are vegans, they should like this.
    I have a home energy assessment scheduled for tomorrow morning with HomeWorks energy.
    Hopefully we are already energy efficient.
    Have a good day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    hi everyone
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday!

We have 16 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 28 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Supper last night was just a very cheesy potato casserole and I had some meatballs with my serving.

Breakfast was cheese grits with some bacon on the side, and a banana.

Not sure what today will be like at work. Hoping for a slow day.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Wow, Ed, that is a crowd sized recipe, but sounds delicious. I copied it. Thanks. Hope you have a nice slow day today.
    Jo, we had a beautiful day yesterday, and got to play outside with Will. We had an energy assessment with our power co, shortly after we moved into our house, 10 years ago. It was pretty much energy efficient for it's time, and we bought all the energy efficient appliances. After they checked it out, they gave us some energy efficient light bulbs! 😊💡
    Irene, hope all is going well. Are you still doing the PT?
    It's currently 55F, 13C. Plentiful sunshine. High around 75F, 24C. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Another beautiful day. Our housecleaner is coming today, and I have some errands to run.
    Wishing all an easy day. Happy Friday! 🌞🕊️🌟☕🌺🍷
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 61F with a high of 79F and sunny.
    Vix-Our energy assessment went well. There were a few minor things that we can improve on.
    They gave us 2 surge protectors. We could have also gotten a new shower head (we just put a new one
    on) and a programable thermostat.(we already had one).
    Ed-I hope you had a slow day at work yesterday.
    Hi Irene.
    Nothing planned for today, will see what the day brings.
    Enjoy your day! :)

• eku0
    edited June 1
    Options
    good morning
    Jo, glad your assessment went well. Cool that they gave you surge protectors. 😊Enjoy your day.
    Hi Ed and Irene. Yay weekend!
    It's currently 64F, 18C. Sun and clouds mixed. High 81F, 27C. Winds light and variable.
    I have a haircut scheduled for noon, and then we'll go see our son and family after. Fun day. 💕🧸
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend. 🌞🌤️🍷🌺
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 22 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected mostly cloudy high of only 23 and 18% chance of precipitation.

The cats grumpily let me sleep in. Not really though, as they kept poking at me to get up and finally I did when it was time to feed them.

Lunch today will be leftover Chinese from what we picked up last night. Mine is shrimp egg foo yung and fried rice. Jason will have vegetarian Singapore Mei Fun noodles with tofu.

Still a large load of laundry to fold, and I should go out for groceries. This does not mean I will actually do either thng though. The grocery shopping is the most likely and will probably happen. LOL.

Jason may be heading up to Kentucky today but I'm not sure. He was concerned he might have to drive to North Carolina next week for some work stuff, so the Kentucky trip may have to wait.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    hi,
    well just wanted to say hi
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, your Chinese leftovers sound good. I don't have cats to wake me up, but I think the daylight is waking me early. I have some eye covers that I put on this morning to help me get an extra hour or so.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    I'm happy I found a hairdresser who is good with my hair, yay, nice haircut!
    Good to see the family yesterday. 💗
    It's currently 66F, 19C. Partly cloudy skies this morning will become overcast during the afternoon. High 79F, 26C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a relaxing Sunday. ☕🕊️☁️🍷🌺
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 22 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected high of 27 and 35% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers if it happens at all.

Still have that load of laundry to fold. Nachos (I made them) last night for our meal. Breakfast today was southern biscuits, sausage AND bacon (I was hungry) and a bit of butter and strawberry jam for the biscuits.

Might get out to the grocery again, for corn flakes and maybe some fruit, but neither is critical.

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 20 (C) partly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 29 and 40% chance of precipitation that could include thundershowers. It was raining when I got up, but stopped while I was eating breakfast.

Not sure what will be hot at work today. Still laundry to fold. LOL.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, thanks for the reminder, I need to do a load of laundry. Hope you have an interesting work day.
    Hi Irene and Jo.
    We had a quiet day yesterday. I read outside for a while to enjoy the weather.
    It's currently 67F, 19C. A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 84F, 29C. Winds light and variable. A bit warmer today.
    I have some things to do around the house and some errands to run.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week. 🌞🌺🌤️☁️🌂🍷🕊️🌟
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 65F with a high of 79F. Right now it is cloudy, but the sun is supposed to come out
    around 10am.
    Vix-I am glad you found a hairdresser that you like.
    Ed-I love leftover Chinese food. Get that laundry folded. ;)
    Irene-have you opened the pool yet?
    This morning I shampooed the living room rug. I couldn't believe how dirty the water was. I went
    over it a second time. I also plan to do a little weeding(it is a never ending job).
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    These Banking Emails Are Counterfeit

In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are sending out phishing emails that claim to be from many different banking organizations. By impersonating different banks, the cybercriminals hope to trick even more people into clicking on malicious links. The emails all have different images and text, depending on which bank the cybercriminals are impersonating. However, all the emails claim that you need to take urgent action and download an attachment.

No matter which email you receive, there will be a link to an attachment. If you click the link, the attachment will download and display a clickable image of a PDF logo. If you click the image, malware will begin installing on your device. This malware can then gather personal data and financial information and even steal email addresses from your email inbox. The malware can then send similar phishing emails to all of your email contacts!

Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a malware scam:

Scammers rely on creating a sense of urgency to trick you into clicking on links. If you receive an unexpected email, always stop and think before you click.

In this situation, the email claims to be from your bank.

Instead of clicking on a link in the email, you should contact your bank directly to verify if action is needed.

Be sure to follow your organization’s instructions regarding security updates and antivirus software. By keeping your software up to date, you can help protect your device from a malware infection.

The KnowBe4 Security Team

KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.