Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,165 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, Pete got one of those scams a few weeks ago. We both checked what we had ordered, knew it wasn't ours and deleted it. That's cool that you could see the crescent shapes in the leaf shadows.
    Irene, hope you are having a relaxing day.
    Jo, the eclipse was supposed to be the best in New England. We had a 90% partial here, and some clouds, but we could still see it clearly. We picked Will up from preschool so he could see it too. We all went out a few times to see the different stages through the glasses. So much better than the box last time. 😎 Will also discovered ants in my orchid, so we took that outside, cleaned it all off with the hose. They must have built a nest in there, so I lost about 1/2 the roots trying to clean it, but we got it repotted with new soil.
    Craft day today, going to try to get there earlier.
    It's currently 49F, 9C A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 77F,25C. Summer afternoon! Winds light and variable.
    Wishing all a fine Tuesday. 🌞🌸πŸͺ»πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,680 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 14 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 24 and 19% chance of precipitation.

Hoping for a work day that's interesting, but not TOO interesting.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    edited April 10
    Options
    good morning
    Yesterday was busy. After a long craft day, we watched Lilly for a little while. Wow, she ran us around! It's so funny. We did about 10 activities in an hour or so, she wants to do everything! Her new phrase is "I'm done with this" and it's off to something else. 🀣🀣🀣
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning.
    It's currently 60F, 16C, (totally overcast). Mostly cloudy skies for today. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 75F, 24C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a happy πŸͺ day! β˜οΈπŸŒ‚πŸŒΈπŸͺ»
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    doing a Costco run today after I get off of the treadmill
    hope everyone has a great day
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 61F and sunny. I am enjoying this warmer weather.
    I have to make a stop at library. I got an email saying that they renewed a book that I had borrowed. I returned all my books
    on Monday. It was really busy and I just dropped the books into the return slot. I am thinking it was returned to the shelf without being scanned as returned.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, I hope you had a Goldilocks interesting day. πŸ˜‰
    Irene, what do you usually get at Costco? I always thought of it as a store where you have to buy large quantities.
    Jo, I hope the library straightens that out for you. It happens some times. I need to request some more books. Just finished The Lost Ticket, and A Quiet Life, and am reading Runaway Groomsman for something more light hearted.
    It's currently 48F, 9C. Cloudy skies with periods of rain this afternoon. Thunder possible. High near 70F, 21C. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Looks like it's going to be HOT next week.
    Wishing all a fine Thursday. β˜οΈπŸŒ‚πŸŒΈπŸͺ»
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

I had a dentist appointment early in this drizzly, cool day. We have 19 cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 22 and 58% chance of precipitation.

The dentist appointment went long because she offered the option of prepping for a crown this morning, rather than making a separate appointment for that later, even though this morning was officially my tooth cleaning appointment.

So I went ahead with the crown prep and have my temporary crown in place. I need to monitor how that feels as I may need a root canal on that tooth, and we'd rather have that done before attaching the permanent crown.

So today is a short work day. :)

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 60F and raining heavily, rain most of the day.
    Ed-I hope you don't need a root canal. I had one last year and used up my dental allowance for the year.
    Vix-Library book all sorted. It got put away without being scanned back in.
    Irene-I use to go to BJ's for bulk items, now that there only 2 of us, we don't use as much and don't have the space
    to store large quantities.
    Today is house cleaning, grocery shopping and a few other errands. The
    The stray cat that I am feeding, now sits at the door and waits for its food. It is still afraid of us, but doesn't run as
    far as he use too, progress.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees (feels like 9) with an expected windy high of 19 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I had trouble getting to sleep last night, because of soreness in my mouth from where the dentist was working yesterday, but that wasn't unexpected. It's a bit better this morning, and hopefully that will continue to improve over today and tomorrow.

I'm not sure how long I have to monitor before they decide whether to put the permanent crown on, but it will take some time for that crown to be made up and ready to apply anyway so no rush.

Then we may discuss a removable partial for where I had some teeth pulled years ago.

More dental fun ahead!

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, hope you're doing well.
    Ed, I like when the dentist can get extra done in one visit. I'm hoping he can make some small repairs when I go for my next cleaning.
    Jo, glad the library fixed it. Reminded me I need to request more books! My mother-in-law always fed stray cats. She took the last one in, I think my sister-in-law kept it. I need to run some errands today too. I want to see what kind of outdoor chair cushions they have at TJ Maxx, else might order them online. I'll check out a few other things while I'm there.
    It's currently 47F, 8C. Windy. A steady light rain this morning with showers continuing this afternoon. High 61F, 16C. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Higher wind gusts possible.
    Wishing all a happy Friday! πŸŒ§οΈπŸƒβ˜”πŸŒΈπŸͺ»
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    I get get my fruit and veggies there also I have gotten some clothing there very good quality there and the price is always good.
    Tomorrow we are heading up to PA for my niece's shower
    take care
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, have so much fun at your niece's wedding shower! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘°β€β™€οΈ
    Hi Jo and Ed.
    We bought the outdoor cushions at TJ Maxx. They had some turquoise Nautica brand on sale. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’Ί
    I foiled some of my stained glass pieces yesterday so they're ready for soldering on Tuesday. And I baked a spaghetti squash so I can have that for a few days.
    It was very windy yesterday, with lots of wind and rain overnight.
    It's currently 53F, 12C. A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. High 61F, 16C. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a wonderful weekend, full of joy! πŸƒπŸŒ€οΈπŸŒΈπŸͺ»πŸ·
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 13 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected sunny high of 24 and 1% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a lovely day to get my shopping done!

Last night I turned a pound of ground lamb into this shepherds pie. It browned up beautifully and tasted great. I have three servings left too.

But breakfast this morning was ham, eggs, and biscuits.

1jwvy175pqwr.png

lr1t70awdpuu.png

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning
    The shepherds pie looks really good, Ed.
    I went through some papers yesterday, always good to toss junk. I ordered some stuff online, trying to get ahead on presents.
    I'm not sleeping well. Up around 5 this morning after tossing and turning all night. Need to do something different.
    It's currently 61F, 16C, still dark out. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 77F, 25C, like summer. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
    I'm doing some laundry and cleaning today, changing the sheets, towels etc. Will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. πŸŒΈπŸŒ€οΈπŸ•ŠοΈ
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 14 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 29 and 1% chance of precipitation.

When I got up it was 10 (Celsius) and the the heat was kicking on, but the sun seems to be warming it up quickly.

I got the groceries yesterday, and since April 13 was National Peach Cobbler Day, I cobbled up these single serve peach cobbler desserts. They turned out delicious!

i89y2ixgvvdf.png

I may get out for a couple of additional things at the grocery today. We'll see.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently58F with a high of 60F and sunny.
    Ed-your shephard's pie and peach cobbler look so good.
    Vix-I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping.
    I made Boston cream pie yesterday and chicken cutlets this morning.
    Have a relaxing Sunday! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

We have 12 (Celsius) clear degrees with an expected sunny high of 29 and 2% chance of precipitation.

I could have used a longer weekend.

I did get more groceries yesterday, and a free cookie at a new shop.

We'll see what the work day brings.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, yum, peach cobbler! It was a fun-packed weekend.
    Jo, Boston cream pie sounds delicious too!
    Very enticing deserts!!!
    Irene, hope you enjoyed the wedding shower. What a fun thing to do!
    I had a busy day yesterday, did some cleaning, changed and washed all the bed clothing, daughter and family stopped by for a little while, and then we met our son and family at a small craft show at the fairgrounds. The craft fair was small, but the weather was beautiful, and it was great to see them. The baby and little ones get more adorable every day, so sweet.πŸ’—
    It's currently 59F, 15C, currently overcast. Sun and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 82F,28C. Summer weather! Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
    I have my glaucoma test this a.m., will see what else the day brings.
    Wishing all a bright shiny new week! πŸŒ€οΈπŸ’ƒβœ¨πŸ·
  • parityanimal
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Unsecured Security App

In this week’s scam, cybercriminals are spreading malware by using a fake security app. They send you a text message that says a large financial transaction has just occurred using your bank account. It instructs you to call a phone number if you have not authorized the transaction. Of course, the transaction never occurred, and the cybercriminals are trying to scare you into acting impulsively.

If you dial the number, you’ll be connected to a cybercriminal who will instruct you to download a security app. The app is disguised as an official McAfee Security product and is designed to take control of your device. If you install it, cybercriminals will use it to steal your data, and they will have complete control of your phone. Once they have control of your phone, they can install other malware and access your personal information.
    Β 
    Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a fake app scam:

Only download apps from an official source, such as the Google Play Store or the Apple Store. Apps available on official platforms are tested for security and are far less likely to be malicious.
    If you receive an unexpected text message regarding a large transaction, contact your bank directly using the information provided on their official website. Do not communicate using the information provided in the text message.Β 
    Always stop and think before taking action. Scammers use scare tactics to create a sense of urgency to get you to act without thinking.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4 dot com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Ed-thanks for the scam info.
    Irene-I hope you had a good time at the shower.
    Vix-Sounds like you had a great weekend with the family.
    It is 71F and I am going out to sit on the deck and read.