Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,165 Member
    Options
    good morning
    Had a quiet day yesterday.
    Put a load of laundry in this a.m., will get my exercise done, and we're planning to stay with Maddie this afternoon while my son works from home. She's had a fever on and off the last couple of days (went to urgent care/taking tylenol), and a Dr appt tomorrow.
    It's currently 39F, 4C. Sunny to partly cloudy. High 63F, 17C. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all a bright, shiny new week. πŸŒ·βœ¨πŸ‘ΆπŸŒ€οΈ
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Started pulling weeds yesterday but we have so many it doesn't look like I did any.
    Vix if you ever decided you are going to sell your stained glass let me know
    Hi Ed and Jo
    hope everyone is doing good
    take care
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    SCAM OF THE WEEK:
    Tollway Turmoil

Scams that occur over text messaging are called smishing scams. This week, cybercriminals are using smishing to target motorists. They send a fake text message claiming that you have a toll due for driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The toll is not for a large amount, but the message says that if it isn’t paid immediately, you will be charged additional late payment fees.Β 

There is a link in the text message, and you are instructed to tap the link in order to settle your balance. However, the text message is actually from cybercriminals, and if you tap the link, it could take you to a fake payment website. Cybercriminals use fake websites to steal your login credentials, take your money, and install malware on your phone. Always stop and think before you click!Β 
    Β 
    Follow these tips to avoid falling victim to a smishing scam:

Be cautious when making a payment after receiving a text message. You should always visit the official website of the organization to make a payment instead of clicking the link in the message.

Always stop and question if a message is expected prior to taking action. If you have not recently driven on the tollway, Β receiving a message regarding paying a toll would be very suspicious.Β 
    This smishing scam targets drivers on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. But this sort of scam could target tollways in any location.
    The KnowBe4 Security Team
    KnowBe4.com

Stop, Look, and Think. Don't be fooled.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Currently 57F sunny, but chilly.
    My landscapers came today and did spring clean up. My yard looks pretty good now, except for the moss. We had so much rain
    this winter that there is a lot of moss on the lawn. Within the next few weeks the landscaper will get rid of the moss and then
    plant new grass seed. My job now is to keep the flower beds weeded; it is a never ending job.
    Vix-I hope Maddie feels better soon.
    Irene-Good luck with the weeding.
    Ed-I am proud of you for getting all the laundry done in one day. :)
    Have a great week! :)
  • eku0
    edited April 23
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, if there's a special suncatcher you'd like, let me know. I can make one for you. Good luck with the weeding.
    Ed, thanks for keeping us up with the scams.
    Jo, thanks, Maddie seemed fine yesterday, but not eating very much; glad they have a Dr. appt today. Good luck weeding your flower beds. Interesting that you get moss. Pete puts down a pre-emergent in the lawn which seems to keep a lot of the weeds away. Our grass is growing super fast because of the rain.
    Craft day today. I need to start a new stained glass project, and I think I have some glazing to do with the clay.
    It was fun staying with Maddie yesterday. She's so sweet. πŸ’—
    It's currently 36F, 2C. Plenty of sunshine. High 71F, 22C. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Lots of swings in the temperature this month!
    Wishing all a pleasant Tuesday. πŸŒžπŸ‘©β€πŸŽ¨πŸŒΈπŸŒ·
  • parityanimal
    edited April 23
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

We have 4 (Celsius) sunny, but chilly, degrees with an expected sunny high of 24 and 2% chance of precipitation.

Wow. I just earned the 9th anniversary badge on the myfitnesspal site! Can't believe it's been 9 years on here.

Biscuits and sausage gravy made a lovely, comforting breakfast on this chilly morning.

I've started sharing a new comic strip in the other thread.

Doctor appointment went well this morning. All my bloodwork looked fine.

Documentation and testing await.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Currently 60F and sunny. I sat on the deck and read for a while.
    Ed-I also earned my 9th year badge. I believe I started on MFP when NS stopped their forums. Congrats on the
    good blood work and Dr. visit.
    Vix-I am glad Maddie is doing better.
    Hi Irene-Are you still going to PT?
    Enjoy your evening. :)

• parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 24 and 4% chance of precipitation.

More testing awaits, and still some tweaking to the documentation.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    edited April 24
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, thanks for all the comic strips! Glad your Dr. appt and blood work was good.
    Jo, so nice to sit outside and read. πŸ“–πŸ˜Ž I'm glad Maddie's Dr. visit went well. They can increase the density of her formula, and give her more pureed food. She is healthy and growing well.
    Irene, I hope your PT is going well.
    I cut out a hummingbird in stained glass, and fashioned a flower pot, acorn, mushroom, and the beginnings of a bird house in clay yesterday.
    It's currently 57F,14C, mostly cloudy at the moment. Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 70F, 21C. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I have an acupuncture appt this morning.
    Wishing all a happy πŸͺ day. 🌷🌸πŸŒ₯οΈπŸŒ‚
  • parityanimal
    edited April 25
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

We have 11 (Celsius) sunny degrees with an expected mostly sunny high of 27 and 2% chance of precipitation.

The heat was on when I got up this morning, but the air conditioner will definitely be going later today. Today sounds like pretty much a repeat of yesterday, as far as weather goes.

Not sure how work will be. Jason and one of the programmers are down in South Carolina for a demo today. The software is definitely still a bit fragile but they are not going live with it yet, just a demo to show current progress and iron out some details on what is needed still for the final product, so hopefully it will go well.

I'll be working on documentation and trying to verify any issues they seem to encounter.

Dinner last night was a chicken pot pie, the same kind I had last week. Delicious again. I think I may have found my "go to" frozen pot pie.

Breakfast was some small sausage patties, over easy eggs, and whole wheat, low carb toast with butter and raspberry fruit spread.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Ed, hope you have a productive day. I never really liked writing documentation, but always put in the time to make sure it was accurate and well written. It makes life so much easier for users and future programming.
    Ran some errands yesterday. Went to the library and TJ Maxx after acupuncture. Exchanged books and picked up some spices and other little things .
    It's currently 45F, 7C. Cloudy skies. High near 55F, 13C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Definitely chillier than yesterday, which was a nice Springlike day.
    I may make some coleslaw today. Haven't had that in a while. Will see what the day brings.
    Wishing all a pleasant Thursday. πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ³β˜οΈπŸŒΈπŸŒ³

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning,
    I have pt today it seems to be helping. I go 2 days a week.
    I made an eye appt. It has been a couple of years since my last one.
    Yesterday it got to 73 sure was warm.
    Vix I am thinking for Christmas do you do anything like that?
    Take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

We have 14 (Celsius) partly cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 24 and 34% chance of precipitation.

Jason may spend some time in the main office today before driving home from South Carolina.

Biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    Irene, glad you PT is going well. I mostly make small suncatchers or they can be used for tree ornaments. Tree, Santa face, wise men, depends on what you'd like, I can probably find or make a pattern for it.
    Ed, I'm sure it'll be nice to have Jason back.
    I was invited to the volunteer luncheon today at the Westminster Senior Center (for running the clay group), should be fun with a few friends there.
    It's currently 46F, 8C. Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 64F, 18C. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing all an easy Friday. πŸŒžπŸŒ€οΈπŸŽ‰πŸ₯§
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

We have 16 (Celsius) cloudy degrees with an expected cloudy high of 25 and 3% chance of precipitation. Being cloudy it feels like a stronger chance, but we'll see.

Probably heading out for groceries today, and have Jason's trip laundry to fold. I washed it and started it in the dryer last night.

Otherwise, nothing really critical on today's to do list.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning
    No special plans for today. Always things to catch up with around the house.
    Maybe work on some stained glass.
    It's currently 49F, 9C, light rain just started. High 62F, 17F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Hot weather (in the 80s) rolling in tomorrow.
    Wishing all a fun filled weekend! πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚β˜”πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning
    I have to run out to return something at Walmart this a.m. Will see what else the day brings.
    It's currently 57F, 14C. Areas of patchy fog early. Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. High 84F, 29C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Hot through next weekend!
    Wishing all a peaceful Sunday. πŸ•ŠοΈπŸŒ«οΈπŸŒ₯️🌀️
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Currently 46F with a high of 71F.
    Yesterday my daughter and I went to a Japanese festival. It was fun to see the different costumes and all the young adults
    dressed as their favorite animae characters.
    Today we are power washing the front stairs and the white trim around the doors and garage and the walkway.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

We have 20 (Celsius) mostly cloudy degrees with an expected partly cloudy high of 27 and 1% chance of precipitation.

I was up late and didn't sleep well, but the cats rather ungraciously let me sleep in, mostly because I simply ignored them trying to get me up and about. I mentally promised Dinah that I would get up at 9:00 so that I would be awake enought to feed them at 9:30 and managed to keep that promise. So I'm still working on my tea, after a quick, light breakfast for myself and then feeding the cats.

I may get back out to Kroger today for something, but probably not. And it should be no surprise to anyone that there is still a dryer full of laundry to fold. LOL.

Dinner last night was super lazy. I had some warmed up meatballs, and baked beans and for Jason I made air fried steak cut fries from the freezer and he had baked beans too. I didn't really cook anything, it was all just heating things up. Even the dessert of tiny chocolate pie tarts was just pulled from the freezer and warmed up briefly in the microwave.

I might get to that laundry later. Might take a nap...

• IreneMurman
    Options
    Good morning.
    We had a little rain last night but it was all gone this morning. It looks like we are going to have a warm week.
    Take care everyone