Quarterly Posts Ending June 30, 2015.

Options

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Pam - congratulations on the new addition to the family! That is one large baby all right! Good luck on the 17-day diet! I need to get serious again too1
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to shave 100 calories off my daily total for a few days and then go back to the normal level.

If you are eating out, the Outback's Simply Grilled Tilapia with steamed veggies comes in at less than 400 calories.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I finally got the NS website to accept the "gift" of $10 coupon code for the 50 Clicks.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Gee, my code worked the first time.
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I tried it the day I got the email and it would not accept it, saying the code was not recognized. I tried again with the same result. I called NS and they said the system had to be changed to recognize the code and for me to try again in a few days which I did. The old codes were 8 digit; the new codes had more digits. I was not the only one according to the Refugee site. Some of them got CS to add it manually but I was told to wait and check back after the changes had been made. The order summary lists it as 50 clicks or something like that instead of the usual code.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I was called to work but I decided to turn them down. It was a group of middle school students and I had other plans. If it had been a different group, I might have said "yes."

Off to have breakfast. May run around today as I did zero over the holiday.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Ah, middle school, never missed it for a minute! I actually taught in a junior high for all but my last year. The seventh graders would come in all scared and would be good at least the first couple months. I figured once they built the middle school that the seventh graders would be old hands by day one. The first year was okay, because the seventh graders had still come from elementary school. But I saw the writing on the wall and spent the year plotting my escape. Never dreamed we'd land in Baltimore. OR that I'd fall into something I'd do the rest of my life.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--I love it: "plotting my escape." Glad the "escape" worked out well for you. Individually, these kids can be great but put them together and it seems the "trouble makers" become the leaders. You can tell the difference in the class when they are absent.
  • Helene610
    Options
    I think I solved the mystery of why my code worked. I was busy that day and didn't get around to trying it for a couple of days. By then, they must have worked out the kinks. I'm having a good day so far. I've logged in breakfast, lunch and snack and I'm doing good with the water. I decluttered for 90 minutes and took the box I accumulated right to the thrift store. I have trash ready to go but it's closed on Tuesdays. I've got a long way to go but it's nice to see a little progress.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--Good job on the decluttering. I went to the city to have dinner with my niece. We had the tilapia at the Outback; it is so good!! On the way home, I got caught in a bad hail storm which turned to a bad rain.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Still recovering from the bad storm. I'm in the small area with power; 80% of the customers have no power. We had a horrible wind, hail, etc. with power lines down, homes damaged, trees down, and the hail was driven sideways by the wind with such force that it broke some windows. School is closed so now there is another day to make up. The way things are going we will be making up school until almost time for it to begin again. We now will be getting out on June 17. We begin first week of August.

I've had the usual Quaker Weight Control oatmeal for breakfast. I've been following my plan for a week and a half and selected my food at the Outback based upon nutritional info and calories. Its Simply Grilled tilapia with steamed veggies is fabulous.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - good job on the ordering! I'm glad to hear you have power.
  • Helene610
    Options
    Jean,,,If I get to Outback, I'll have to look for the tilapia. It's sounds delicious. I did my WI this morning and I've lost a pound. As a goal, I slected losing a pound a week so I'm happy I made it. If I want to do better, I need to talk myself into exercise. I did walk around the shopping center today so that;s a small start.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--The Outback has two Tilapia meals. One is Simply Tilapia which I had with the steamed veggies; the other is Tilapia with crabmeat.

I'm talking myself back into exercise of some type, but I'm not overdoing it until the cardiac people advise me as to what is appropriate following the procedure. I plan to just walk right now. As you said, exercise such as a walk around the shopping center is a start.
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sometimes, I skim the comments left in the message section of MFP. Some people have a sense of humor as shown in this post:

MsDimeo
    Its been almost 5 months now and the smart carbs still haven't made me smarter.

GoForthandBeAwesome
    Maybe they work like Icy Hot. Try rubbing one directly onto your head.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I'm taking Lola and Jessicat to the vet today for checkups. They are both already coralled and in carriers. Lola's one eye looked like it was running a little a few days ago. I really hope they don't want me to do eye drops. I'm not sure I could with her.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--I hope the visit to the vet goes successfully. I can't imagine putting eye drops in Midnight's eyes. I would need a treatment for the revenge he would render. Sounds like Lola is somewhat the same.

I'm just now getting around to eating breakfast. I got the urge to balance my accounts which delayed it. All is well. Tomorrow, I have to be up bright and early to take the car in for one of those recall notices. This car has been great; nothing required other than the routine maintenance and the recalls.

A sneak peak at the scale shows some progress, so let's hope Sunday confirms it. Now, to down the Quaker Weight Control oatmeal.
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm watching the first video of that weight loss summit thing I promoted earlier. You need to see the video of Gregg McBride, the first one to be interviewed. He went from over 450 pounds to his current skinny weight. He discusses a lot about mindless eating, etc. It focuses upon the mental state necessary for weight loss success.

http://www.rightmindrightweight.com/summit-expert-videos/

Gregg McBride shares with you his story of how he got to be 450 pounds. You will hear about his struggles on his weight loss journey to lose 250lbs AND what it takes to maintain his weight loss for the last 10 years.

As seen on the Today show, Gregg McBride is a motivational speaker, blogger, screenwriter and author (Weightless: My Life As A Fat Man And How I Escaped, Just Stop Eating So Much!) who used to tip the scales at over 450 pounds and finally took off his excess weight without fads, pills or surgery — and has kept the weight off for over a decade
  • Helene610
    Options
    I got home a short while ago from a trip to the dentist. You may recall that my dentist is in CT a 3 hour trip away. We left home at 8:3- so we could visit the family plot and trimmed the bushes around the stone. I strolled around the grounds a bit while DH worked. I'm logging my foods since I wasn't home to do it earlier.

Maryanne...I hope the vet visit went well.

Jean...I'll have to watch that clip tomorrow. Anybody watch Extreme WL this week. Chris worked with twins. It was really inspiring.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--It sounds as if you had a busy day. You are doing a great job of logging your food. I didn't see Extreme WL as I never think of watching it.

I'm off to the city today for a car recall and lunch with a friend. A peak at the scale shows downward progress! I'm now off to have breakfast and get ready to go as I have an 9:30am appointment and I need to leave by 8am. I'm having the usual Quaker Weight Control oatmeal.