Goals for Summer

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
my goal for summer I want to be a dress size smaller I'm UK size 18 ( goal size 16 or less) To up my daily steps to 10k ( I average 7k at the moment) What's are your goals?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cycling is my big goal for the summer - aiming for a new PB for distance covered on June 7th.
    An Audax event of 205km / 127miles taking in some of the biggest hills in Southern England.

Event could be fairly described as "an eating contest held in beautiful countryside" - the fuel required for an all day ride will be of epic proportions! :smiley:

Cycling is a great pastime for our age group and Audax events seem very popular with the "not quite so young as we used to be" crowd.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be a pant size smaller - US size 12. I'd also like my heart inflammation to be done with. I need to rest, not push myself, and take my anti-inflammatory. I would like to be able to start exercising again and getting my knee back into shape after my scope.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I want to get into biking and this one- total vanity, I want to stay at goal for 45 year high school reunion in July. (Yeah, I was fat in high school, hehe)
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to get my running speed up, so that my minutes per mile goes down by one. Kind of embarrassed at how slow I am, so I'll save that number in my head for now...
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone!! I'd just like to kick another 25 lbs. to the curb, and get back on my bike...which has been decorating the wall in my garage for far too long.
  • kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My goal is to see the number on the scale drop each month, by being consistent with my tracking and exercise. Not so worried about the amount of drop, because I know that if the number is going down I am doing something right.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Some super goals.. What if we check in every couple of weeks on this discussion to see how we are all doing?
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I'd like to also get back into biking. I need to repair my bike first. I'd also like to lose another 15 pounds over the summer.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Super
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying to lose 20 lbs by July 4th. Ive only taken off 7 so far so it may be a lofty goal but Im going to keep aiming for it!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose another 15 by August 8 when I have to go to a wedding that seems on the verge of outdoing William and Kate. I will have lost 50 pounds then. So that and more consistency in weighing food is my goal.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Ive been trying to lose 20 lbs by July 4th. Ive only taken off 7 so far so it may be a lofty goal but Im going to keep aiming for it!

Great goal.. Only 13lb to go... We will keep our fingers crossed x
  • BBee5064
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I would like to lose another 15 by August 8 when I have to go to a wedding that seems on the verge of outdoing William and Kate. I will have lost 50 pounds then. So that and more consistency in weighing food is my goal.

I'm sure will achieve your goal Nikki.. I support u all the way :)
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

I'm sure will achieve your goal Nikki.. I support u all the way :)

Thank you! It means a lot and helps a lot.
  • mommasrecipes
    mommasrecipes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So my goal for summer is to keep walking every day while I'm on a six week road trip! The trip will be awesome, and I'll get to visit with family and friends, not to mention see the country; Eating right, and finding places to do my walk will be challenging. I like Sijomial's idea: cycling and then fueling up with an abundance of good food. Yum:)
    sijomial wrote: »
    Cycling is my big goal for the summer - aiming for a new PB for distance covered on June 7th.
    An Audax event of 205km / 127miles taking in some of the biggest hills in Southern England.

Event could be fairly described as "an eating contest held in beautiful countryside" - the fuel required for an all day ride will be of epic proportions! :smiley:

Cycling is a great pastime for our age group and Audax events seem very popular with the "not quite so young as we used to be" crowd.

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    My goal is to find the right calorie mix for my body to lose weight. I am upping my calories Monday in an effort to not only fuel my body better given my level of exercise, but also urge it to let go of the fat. Hopefully, by the end of the summer, I will be losing at a better rate.

Connie
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm going to work on my bike this weekend and see if I can get it back into riding condition. :smile:
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My goal for summer is to keep the scale moving downward. I have an important anniversary this coming July (which is one of the reasons I started on MFP). This anniversary is a hurdle for me. In the past I would start a diet for an event and after the event I would go back to my old habits and guess what...the pounds would magically reappeared. BUT not this time. I am determined to enjoy my anniversary, enjoy and log my food and continue loosing till I reach my wei goal.From there I will go into maintenance. I have vowed to myself that this current weight-loss journey will be my last!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    U all have some great goals.. I look forward to seeing how we all progress
    :-)