Goals for Summer

Options

Replies

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed. My "running" speed is most people's walking speed. Just keep doing it.
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My goal for the summer, is to get to or under 190 lbs. To start eating healthier, continue with MFP, get in more exercise, don't take too much to heart, don't let my emotions rule what I eat. Ambitious I know but doable I'm sure.
    I've got a back surgery coming up - this will be my third! But I am not going to let it keep me down and I'm going to write myself inspirational quotes to help keep me motivated.

Trish
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Just hanging in there. Nothing special.
  • marekdds
    Options
    45th high school reunion Aug 1st, will be attending weighing less than I did in high school.
  • MHTret
    MHTret Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    45th high school reunion Aug 1st, will be attending weighing less than I did in high school.

Awesome! Bet your family is so very proud of you!!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    My plan is to hit my target 178. I was 198 June 1st, 189 today.
  • thistimekc
    thistimekc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's mid summer my goal by 9/6 is to break the 200# monster I am at 210# now
  • marekdds
    Options
    Great goals everyone and very doable.
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    ciacyrus29 wrote: »
    My goal for the summer, is to get to or under 190 lbs. To start eating healthier, continue with MFP, get in more exercise, don't take too much to heart, don't let my emotions rule what I eat. Ambitious I know but doable I'm sure.
    I've got a back surgery coming up - this will be my third! But I am not going to let it keep me down and I'm going to write myself inspirational quotes to help keep me motivated.

Trish

Some super goals.. I loll forward to see how u get on :-)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    thistimekc wrote: »
    It's mid summer my goal by 9/6 is to break the 200# monster I am at 210# now

Only 10lbs to go
    U got this xx
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    My plan is to hit my target 178. I was 198 June 1st, 189 today.

U can do this!! We are right behind you :)
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Now that August has started, I figure we should check in and see how we're progressing.

I'm biking 25 miles/week and really enjoying it. I've been pleasantly surprised how much improvement in both distance and speed I've managed so far. I've lost 8 pounds so I've still got some to go to hit the 15 I'm shooting for.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Now that August has started, I figure we should check in and see how we're progressing.

I'm biking 25 miles/week and really enjoying it. I've been pleasantly surprised how much improvement in both distance and speed I've managed so far. I've lost 8 pounds so I've still got some to go to hit the 15 I'm shooting for.

Well done Bill
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I'd like to lose a few of the last 7 lbs I need to lose but beyond that all my goals are really strength related. I'd like to get my DL to 200 lbs before summer is over and my bench press to 115lbs. The others will fall in place if I can push those two. I'm working towards a 5 mile walk/jog with the dog as well.

Wishing all of you good luck on your goals.

Hmmmm, I actually forgot about this thread. So far I've lost one of those 7 lbs, inched my bench up to 95lbs unassisted and I'm doing 175 dead lifts. I'm getting there but the longest walk the dog and I have done is still 4 miles........not sure why?

Great work everyone!!!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    The dog doesn't want to walk five miles, that's why. If you go out tomorrow without the dog you will go five miles or better.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    I would like to lose another 15 by August 8 when I have to go to a wedding that seems on the verge of outdoing William and Kate. I will have lost 50 pounds then. So that and more consistency in weighing food is my goal.

Well that hasn't happened. I lost 5 and then have been losing and gaining the same 3. It is killing me. All of a sudden, grinnding halt. The wedding is Saturday. Monday I am starting some new stuff to see if I can get this thing moving again.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I'm going to try to get my running speed up, so that my minutes per mile goes down by one. Kind of embarrassed at how slow I am, so I'll save that number in my head for now...
    Well, I'm getting a little faster. Not sure if I'll make the one minute less per mile, but it is better.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    The summer has gone by fast. It's August already. I put in for my 6 month's gym reimbursement from my health insurance since I hit 50 visits and $200 already. I'm pretty happy about that.
  • Giolis
    Giolis Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My goal is to just stay on track and not get lazy about maintaining and working out.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Giolis wrote: »
    My goal is to just stay on track and not get lazy about maintaining and working out.

great goal