Goals for Summer

Options

Replies

• cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My main goal for this summer is to hit my target weight of 180 - SW: 247; CW: 207. I have 27 lbs more to go!
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    cdcllcga01 wrote: »
    My main goal for this summer is to hit my target weight of 180 - SW: 247; CW: 207. I have 27 lbs more to go!

U have done amazing!! I'm sure u will Achieve your goal :)
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks BBee!
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I want to get into biking and this one- total vanity, I want to stay at goal for 45 year high school reunion in July. (Yeah, I was fat in high school, hehe)
    You will totally crush that reunion. By that number reunion (and mine is coming up) so many people have gained weight, not that I revel in it, just that sometimes it's like Karma, and funny to see.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I know it is a little evil, but I won't be crushed if some of the ones that made my life a nightmare are chubby now.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I want to see that scale keep moving downward and by the end of the summer would like to kick my current jeans to the curb and be down a size.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I know it is a little evil, but I won't be crushed if some of the ones that made my life a nightmare are chubby now.

It is amazing how we carry some of that garbage with us for the rest of our lives. My 40 yr will come up next year and it would be very cool if I'm at the same weight I felt was fat when I graduated - it's all perspective!
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have outright avoided ALL my reunions, high school and college. Maybe I will look forward to going to the 45th when it comes up! I should be ready by then :smiley:

I have been hesitant to set goals too far in advance because they seem so unattainable. Meeting small milestones has been very rewarding for me this time around. I will set a goal of C25K, completing week 3 by the end of June. Wish me luck. I am NOT a runner so this is way out of my comfort zone. Maybe I will also throw in improving my swim time to 40 minutes/mile. Never said I was fast! Hahaha!

Count me in....and hold me accountable!
  • marekdds
    Options
    I think it is amazing that you are trying something so out of your comfort zone. You will be stunning at that next reunion.
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My summer goals are to continue to use MFP and FB to shake another 15 pounds. I am also working on very light weights. My biggest challenge is to stay injury free (my back and ankle take turns tormenting me)

Tina
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Injury free is a great goal!
  • TravelinGal7147
    TravelinGal7147 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Next week I drive North from Florida. So first goal is to 1. keep counting my calories and staying focused while driving. 2 Get at least 5000 steps while on the road then be up tp 10,000 per day by July 1. 3. Stay focused while visiting relatives. 4. keep on my plan while spending June & July in MA & Maine. 5. Be down at least 10 pounds from tomorrows weight by August 4 the day I leave for a month long trip to Europe. Actually I would like to be down 20 but I am trying to be realistic. 6. Here is the biggie - Return from trip within no more than 2 pounds more than the weight I am on August 4. Trying to be realistic - it may not be realistic to try and loose but since I will be walking a lot I can focus on at least staying stable. I put in the two pound caveat because if I weigh myself the day after i return home I may have retained water from flight so I will consider that a success. In order to do all of this I need to nurture my tendonitis - wear soft brace and supportive sneaks and do exercises.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My goal is to reach my target weight by Sept 1. SW:290, CW:202. Target is 175. So far, so good. Following a strict protein diet and daily interval cardio for 60 minutes. Feeling motivated! Thanks fitness pals.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Chamblisk.. Some super goals :)
    Tina .. Only 15lbs to go.. Fantastic
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    15 pounds is my SUMMER goal! Thankfully my personal goal isn't much more than that.
  • marekdds
    Options
    TravelinGal, those are some awesome goals. You can do it, just stay focused. Purple1105, 5 pounds a month is doable. Good luck to all.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I want to reach goal by Aug. 5 and stay there to wear a great dress I have to my 6th anniversary dinner in mid-Sept.
  • BBee5064
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I want to reach goal by Aug. 5 and stay there to wear a great dress I have to my 6th anniversary dinner in mid-Sept.

Super goal.. We look forward to sharing in your victory :)
  • sweetd6
    Options
    Next week I drive North from Florida. So first goal is to 1. keep counting my calories and staying focused while driving. 2 Get at least 5000 steps while on the road then be up tp 10,000 per day by July 1. 3. Stay focused while visiting relatives. 4. keep on my plan while spending June & July in MA & Maine. 5. Be down at least 10 pounds from tomorrows weight by August 4 the day I leave for a month long trip to Europe. Actually I would like to be down 20 but I am trying to be realistic. 6. Here is the biggie - Return from trip within no more than 2 pounds more than the weight I am on August 4. Trying to be realistic - it may not be realistic to try and loose but since I will be walking a lot I can focus on at least staying stable. I put in the two pound caveat because if I weigh myself the day after i return home I may have retained water from flight so I will consider that a success. In order to do all of this I need to nurture my tendonitis - wear soft brace and supportive sneaks and do exercises.

I've only been to Europe twice, but both times, I ate well (and drank!) and came back the same weight as I left. I swear their food is better - GMO's, hormones and pesticides are not allowed there, and their wine doesn't have sulfites (here, they are actually REQUIRED), plus you are moving so much with sight seeing, etc. Not that you can have a free for all eating fest and come back the same, but if you eat 3 normal meals a day and choose pretty much what you want, you will probably be OK.

• sweetd6
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've lost 5 of the 10 lbs. I was shooting for, but it's SO hard for me to lose and keep it off. I honestly lose about 1 1/2 lbs. per month, so I'm going to set a goal of those last stubborn 5 lbs. by September 1st, even though there are two vacations in that time period.