How I'm doing....

Options
cindileeb
cindileeb Posts: 15 Member
Well, I ate in the middle of the night again, but less calories than the night before (I always add my middle of the night snacking to the following morning so it didn't push me over calories for the day).
The good news is I've stayed under my calorie goal for two days in a row!! That's big for me, I haven't done that in a while. Shooting for another day of that :)

Replies

• matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    having a tough few days, can't seem to break through this wall. My low was Sunday May31 down 89.5 pounds up since then at 86.5 pounds. I know its only 3 pounds but it takes so long to lose 3 pounds. Going to try and figure out a way to get the scale moving in the other direction again.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    cindileeb wrote: »
    Well, I ate in the middle of the night again, but less calories than the night before (I always add my middle of the night snacking to the following morning so it didn't push me over calories for the day).
    The good news is I've stayed under my calorie goal for two days in a row!! That's big for me, I haven't done that in a while. Shooting for another day of that :)

Awesome job staying under, you got this
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Way to go cindileeb!
    Going to try and figure out a way to get the scale moving in the other direction again.
    I know you will matthewsfive! Stay positive, don't let the fluctuation derail you! Not that you would, I think I'm projecting ;-).

I just got back from farmers market and had a few moments where I would see something yummy and "forget" that I am trying to adhere to a daily calorie goal. But I regained my memory and stuck to buying eggs and veggies. Yay!

• cindileeb
    Options
    having a tough few days, can't seem to break through this wall. My low was Sunday May31 down 89.5 pounds up since then at 86.5 pounds. I know its only 3 pounds but it takes so long to lose 3 pounds. Going to try and figure out a way to get the scale moving in the other direction again.
    Figuring out how this whole "quote" thing works. Your loss is soooo impressive! You'll kick those 3 lbs butt ASAP. It comes off faster when it hasn't been on there too long. :)
  • cindileeb
    Options
    CatAlii wrote: »
    Way to go cindileeb!

Thanks!!! ~Cindi

I just got back from farmers market and had a few moments where I would see something yummy and "forget" that I am trying to adhere to a daily calorie goal. But I regained my memory and stuck to buying eggs and veggies. Yay!
    Good for you!!! I find myself saying, "Oh, I'll get this for the kids, they'll love it." Who am I trying to kid? LOL Then I put it back down...
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My first stumbling block was getting a text from my daughter-in-law asking if I could keep my granddaughters for a week. Of course I said yes, but now I have to make sure to get my workouts in at home since my gym doesn't have a place for kids.

Going to dig out my workout videos--HELLO JILLIAN!
  • CatAlii
    Options
    JMRod wrote: »
    ...but now I have to make sure to get my workouts in at home since my gym doesn't have a place for kids.
    It's difficult trying to fit in exercise with kids. DVDs are a great idea. How about going for a hike with the grandkids? Or to a park where you can walk around the play area. That's what I did today. I found myself phone-surfing while my kids and their friends were playing at the park and realized I could be using that time better so I played with them a bit and then walked around the perimeter for a few laps. Then I came home and ate some cookies. Oy.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    @CatAlii way to keep control

• matthewsfive
    Options
    My first stumbling block was getting a text from my daughter-in-law asking if I could keep my granddaughters for a week. Of course I said yes, but now I have to make sure to get my workouts in at home since my gym doesn't have a place for kids.

Going to dig out my workout videos--HELLO JILLIAN!

You got this, your granddaughters will keep you busy. No worries
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    Had a better day yesterday, scale did start moving downward when i jumped on this morning. Can't stand how weight loss plays on my mind. It seems to be all i think about.

Glad to be at work today so i can focus on other things.

Wishing you all a great day.
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Beautiful day to ALL! I uploaded a few pictures to my profile this morning~ so that anybody that needs some encouragement can see where my journey began~ :)
    With nutrition, exercise and the support of this community, I know we can & will achieve health, wellness & friendship along the way. :)<3
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    SIERRANV1 wrote: »
    Beautiful day to ALL! I uploaded a few pictures to my profile this morning~ so that anybody that needs some encouragement can see where my journey began~ :)
    With nutrition, exercise and the support of this community, I know we can & will achieve health, wellness & friendship along the way. :)<3

WOW
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I managed to stay on track with calorie intake today (even though I ate ice cream!). More importantly I had an awesome workout on the elliptical that's sat as an art display in my basement for the past 2 years :smile: better still my 7 year old joined in & did her own thing (cartwheels & such) and sat with me to do stretching after I was done. Felt so good to connect with her through fitness. Looking forward to more of that !
  • JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    With my 17 pound gain since last October, I was worried that all my much smaller sized summer clothes from last year would be way too snug. Well, I tried on some shorts and while they were a bit more snug than last year, I could wear them!! I'm so relieved as I need them for our trip to Florida at the end of the month. I didn't really feel like shopping for bigger sizes--way to depressing.
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am having such a great week, since beginning with this group! I have tracked faithfully so far, and am inspired by all of the wonderful support this group is exuding! I personally had been in a funk for too many months previously, and just had a real challenging time getting the inspiration and momentum going again. It is amazing to me how just a few days of accountability to self & group has encouraged my good eating and tracking this week so far.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    I am having such a great week, since beginning with this group! I have tracked faithfully so far, and am inspired by all of the wonderful support this group is exuding! I personally had been in a funk for too many months previously, and just had a real challenging time getting the inspiration and momentum going again. It is amazing to me how just a few days of accountability to self & group has encouraged my good eating and tracking this week so far.

:)
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    N_Laplante wrote: »
    I managed to stay on track with calorie intake today (even though I ate ice cream!). More importantly I had an awesome workout on the elliptical that's sat as an art display in my basement for the past 2 years :smile: better still my 7 year old joined in & did her own thing (cartwheels & such) and sat with me to do stretching after I was done. Felt so good to connect with her through fitness. Looking forward to more of that !

this journey is always better if you have someone to share it with. :)
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    With my 17 pound gain since last October, I was worried that all my much smaller sized summer clothes from last year would be way too snug. Well, I tried on some shorts and while they were a bit more snug than last year, I could wear them!! I'm so relieved as I need them for our trip to Florida at the end of the month. I didn't really feel like shopping for bigger sizes--way to depressing.

just think by the end of the month you could be writing that the clothes fit great. There is a lot of time, you got this.
  • cindileeb
    Options
    I wish there was a "like" button in here on our messages. Sierranv1 I totally agree with you, this group is doing wonders for me!! I've tracked everything since Sunday. :) Thank you all!
  • CatAlii
    Options
    I've had a hard time getting my butt in gear and I, not only agree with you, but am so happy that we have so many supportive folks here. I feel like I will let all of you down if I give up so I'm determined to stick with it. A huge thank you to everyone!