Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I was told by someone today that I'm so tiny, I'm disappearing!
  • 911Chrisy
    911Chrisy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last week I pulled out a box of old clothes because mine are now too loose. I was wearing a size 24 pant, now in 18's!!
    What the what!
    When did that happen.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    By the time I left, the whole situation felt cold and uncomfortable. It was like this was the first time he actually saw me as a real human.

Glad to hear things are turning around. Try to focus on the next steps, rather than the past, if that is possible. Having a healthy relationship with your grandparents (and your kids' great grandparents) is worth it.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @anbrdr: Sorry to hear about that situation. It's frustrating that your weight is what suddenly gains approval. My grandmother, who has since passed away, was very much like that as well. I loved her, but I also felt very judged by her the majority of my life. For what it's worth, you've been pretty amazing on this board, and I think you're a pretty cool person sight unseen. :)
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. :) I think our MFP family is a great group!

Yeah, I'm just saddened that it seems to be the physical appearance that has gained their approval, more than many of the accomplishments that actually matter in life. But I guess that's just human behavior. Ah well, It's not my problem, it's his in the long run.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just put on a pair of Levi's, 32" waist...I never imagined this would be possible. That's what I wore as a junior in high school 39 years ago. I'm stunned .zq2tzawf6fn0.jpeg
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Fantastic work
  • thisfathasgot2go
    thisfathasgot2go Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got rid of my size 18 pants as they are swimming on me now. Yay. 16's are baggy, but not as bad.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Get it, @cabennett99! Awesome.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    @anbrdr - grew up in a family of thin people also. My mom and sister have always been 100 lbs soaking wet. As I've aged I realized how much they excluded me because I wasn't a size 6. Now that I'm fit I feel a lot of resentment when they compliment me. I almost want to tell them to shove it sometimes. I'm also realizing how often I was excluded from group photos and activities through the years. I'm sure it will take time before this becomes my new normal but right now it's overwhelming at times. I can relate with you on the emotional detachment you're feeling.
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Ah well, It's not my problem, it's his in the long run.

Anbrdr -- this is so very true. And you have been great on this board.

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! You guys are all rockstars! Way to go! :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I realized just this week that my thighs are not rubbing together when I walk. It's actually kind of a fascinating feeling.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband is on night shifts this week for his work, and while I usually grab clothes the night before and put them in the bathroom, I forgot to last night. So I groped in the dark for pants and a sweater and quietly put them on. Then I realized my pants were too long. One of us had put a pair of DH's jeans in my drawer, and yet I pulled them up and buttoned them around me. Cue the tears- I have a husband who still wears the same 32x34 size jean he wore when we met 17 years ago. A few weeks ago I finally found I weighed less than he does for the first time in 15 years. I never dreamed that with my post-twin belly fluff and loose skin from weight loss I'd be able to button his jeans, yet here I am. And I'm wearing them because I can today ;) We're not going anywhere until tomorrow, and I've just cuffed the bottoms. Boyfriend cuts are back 'in' anyways. :smiley:
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved on 11/16 and had my first NSV this week....I went down a size and was able to wear some clothes I haven't worn for 2+ years. Nice feeling!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    No more X in my shirt size. Win!
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Soooooo happy!!! Carrying up the boxes of Christmas decorations from the basement this morning was easy. Crawling around behind the TV and disconnecting wires to the old stereo to get rid of it was likewise easy. So much in my life is easy, now that I'm 61 pounds lighter!!!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    These are all so heartwarming!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Well my victories are definitely NOT scale related. I am 3+ years post RNY. I reached my lowest weight two years ago and am currently about 10 pounds heavier. My BMI is mid normal, I am a size 8. I'm good with that, though I do like to see those scale numbers a bit lower. My big NSV is that I joined a gym last April and have muscles I didn't know existed (at least on me!) I had a horrible time getting to point that I could do the Arc Trainer machine (like the elliptical for the most part, but arms are stationary.) I am proud to say that I can easily do more than 30 minutes on that machine now and my speed and tension are higher than before, so the calorie is also more. The weights I lift have increased. My body is more toned than it has ever been--even when I was at my thinnest in my life. My senior year in high school I was a size 3 and about 105 pounds, no muscle. Definitely not strong. I can work out with the best of 'em and walk till the cows come home. It's hard to remember the days when I wore that size 24 and those 3X shirts. I never want to see that again! I have 3 sons and each of them has lost a tremendous amount of weight and we all work out together.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I had 2 NSV's today.... and it's only 9am :smile:
    1) My size 26 trousers actually fell down whilst I was walking to the car this morning - they are now sitting in a bag ready for charity and I have on a pair of size 24's :)
    2) I went lap swimming for the second week in a row ( which is actually a NSV in it's self) but today I felt that I had a lot more stamina and swam further and faster than last week. In fact I even did 30 second sprints against the clock in the last half an hour. I felt so good and FREE!!!