Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    A year ago I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs...
    Yesterday I jogged up four flights carrying a rug!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    How about shoveling snow for hours on end over 3 days and not really feeling strained, or sore; and back is fine! I will admit to being tired.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    So, my NSV for this week...I can shave my whole leg without having to bend, flip this way or that, squeeze till I can't breathe, and miss the whole backside stuff. I did the whole thing, easy peezy, in the shower. :D
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    10 minute miles suck, but I can do them!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Today, I bought size 8 jeans and officially reached the "150lbs lost" mark.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep 'em coming!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Went shopping the other day for some new dress clothes to wear to work. I'm in all size 8 pants and Medium tops. How does that happen????

I have never been a size 8 my entire adult life. I went from junior sizes into a size 12 as a teenager.

Single digits, y'all!!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I fly a lot for work so it has been amazing that I don't have to use a seat belt extender anymore.

But the best was this week when a man referred to me as "little" when he took the middle seat next to me.
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Everyone is such an inspiration!! I am super proud of you and your journeys!! Keep it up!! My NSV for the day... received my new driver's license yesterday...WOW!! I love my loop. ;)
    zufyvjtbb2w6.jpg
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You look great Klingerman!

We had a blizzard that dropped 18" of snow (yay Albuquerque lows) 10 days ago while my MIL was in town, and I was able to fit in the middle seat of DH's Subaru's backseat when we needed his AWD vehicle. Kicker: I had carseats on either side of me for our twins. I never dreamt any adult, much less ME, would have been able to fit between those carseats.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @klingerman73 you look like you've gotten younger over the years! @sinderstorm you turned what used to be a dreaded, humiliating moment (for all of us) into a victory! Big cheers to all who have posted!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of size 12 pants today...they were even a little loose! A year ago I was wearing a 24.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Had 3 surgeries 24 days ago. Today I was back on my tricycle and beginning to train for my 2017 bike challenge.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Nine hours on two planes yesterday. Completely comfortable! Went outside the airport during my layoff and actively looked for opportunities to walk rather than take a cab. It seems to be impossible to walk out of a major airport! Tomorrow I take a tiny plane out into the jungle for a week of fishing.

My gift to myself, as I never would have considered a trip like this two years ago.

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Wow @rpyle111! What a wonderful way to reward yourself!!! Have fun!
  • 64Leslo
    64Leslo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lmryoung wrote: »
    2 months out and My GERD is gone. I think my sleep apnea has improved since I have fallen asleep without my CPAP and managed to sleep through the whole night. My clothes are starting to look ridiculous on me.

I am 1 week out and this post excites me to no end. I can't wait to be off my CPAP!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Someone in the kitchen here at work just called me a 'string bean'. I'll take it. LOL
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Bought a bathing suit for my upcoming cruise. I had to return it because it was way too loose. The Wardrobe Replacement thing is fun and $uck$ at the same time. at least I'll have summer clothes, unless I drop even more sizes.
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Purchased a top in the Misses section today instead of Women's/Plus!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I can now tie my shoes, cross my legs, walk without gasping for breath, wipe my butt (I know this is TMI, but that was very hard for me) drive without my stomach touching the steering wheel with 10 to 12 inches to spare, and buy clothes at normal plus size stores instead of the giant size stores. My next size down will start me in the normal women's sizes.