Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So proud of all of you guys! You are all AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k tonight and finished 3rd in my age group...20th overall. I didn't walk and did my best time yet!

This is the first on road 5k I've done in more than 20 years.
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread! You all are such amazing inspirations! This week, I ordered company uniforms for the first time in my life. I'm a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and I HATE that my work clothes are close but never the same as my peers'. This was one huge step for me towards feeling like a real person.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Wow @rpyle111! What a wonderful way to reward yourself!!! Have fun!

Back in the USA!!! Sitting in the Miami airport waiting for my last flight on the trip. It will be good to sleep in my own bed tonight after 7 days sleeping in a tiny bed on a boat.

Had a great time, caught some beautiful fish, spent some quality time with my cousin, uncle and 12 new BraziIian friends!

I'll post some pics today or tomorrow!

Rob
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I ran a 5k tonight and finished 3rd in my age group...20th overall. I didn't walk and did my best time yet!

This is the first on road 5k I've done in more than 20 years.

Awesome! Congratulations, big winner!
    This week, I ordered company uniforms for the first time in my life. I'm a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and I HATE that my work clothes are close but never the same as my peers'. This was one huge step for me towards feeling like a real person.

Woohooo!! This is fantastic. I always hated being "othered" away from people in uniform environments, so this one really makes me smile for you.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hiking with my husband and he is struggling to keep up. It feels great to actually enjoy a 7 mile hike!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    I can now ... drive without my stomach touching the steering wheel with 10 to 12 inches to spare....
    My driver's seat used to be too tight and now the steering wheel is way too far away - a whole arms length - and it is impossible to fathom that my stomach used to fill that vast area!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    I ran twice today...morning and evening. A little over 6 miles total. I feel like superwoman!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I brought my daughter back to college yesterday. In August, I could only make one slow trip up three flights of stairs to her dorm room (empty handed). This time I made three trips in a row carrying bags/boxes without any problems! Yes, I was "listening" to the theme from Rocky in my head, lol!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    bcedl1982 wrote: »
    I brought my daughter back to college yesterday. In August, I could only make one slow trip up three flights of stairs to her dorm room (empty handed). This time I made three trips in a row carrying bags/boxes without any problems! Yes, I was "listening" to the theme from Rocky in my head, lol!

That's awesome!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    Both my wedding and engagement rings are too loose to wear, but I don't want to resize until I've finished losing and stabilized for a while.

I was digging through my jewelry box trying to find a placeholder and came across my high school senior class ring...it's too big too!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    New photos after 114 weight loss. I'm just getting started!!!!!
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You all are ROCKSTARS!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I can wear leather boots regular woman's boots calves are small enough to fit!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Only 5 more lbs to reach my goal of being 1/2 my body weight!
    Dropped my wedding rings off to be resized from a size 8 1/2 to a 6 1/2 :)
    Life is good
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Brand new to this group. I'm 4 1/2 months post-VSG. Chugging along nicely! Had an odd, but awesome NSV on Monday. There was a death in my extended family. Since my parents live out of town the obligatory visitation always falls to me. I got all dressed up, and headed there after work. Several people had no idea who I was. One of them is a cousin, haven't seen him in about 8 years, but we worked together...our desks next to each other, for more than five years. Neither him nor his wife recognized me at all. They even asked flat out, "I'm sorry, do we know you?" Another cousin's husband hasn't seen me in about 18 months. He had to ask his daughter who I was. My aunt kept wanting to stop people that just walked past me. I told her I was enjoying my new super power, the ability to hide in plain sight!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, but that's a great NSV
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    I can curl up in the fetal position and someone can wrap their arms around all of me, comfortably.
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For some reason I have hesitated to post soooo many of mine because I was embarrassed of all that I've given up. Many of them are small but put a big smile on my face...bending over to tie my shoes, fitting in patio chairs without worrying that I'll break them, meeting the weight limits of exercise equipment, being ABLE to do normal exercises. These things have made my quality of life sooo much better. However, yesterday I tried on the leather pants that I wore when I met my husband 16 years ago...not only did they fit, but they are too big!! I'm officially smaller than my husband has ever seen me. I feel like this allows me to hold my head higher. I've "undone" all of the unhealthy things that I've done to myself since he met me! Yay new chapter and still shrinking!
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Small one here, but big for my ego..bought a pair pants and the size did NOT have a W behind it B)