Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Finally went down a pant size! After all these months and all these pounds I had lost I was in the same size for so long. I thought I was going to be trapped in those 28s forever...I must have really been squeezing into them tight when I started! :)
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    decruisers, I'm right there with you! Just last week I bought a pair of size 18 pants *without* the W...and they fit. (barely, but good enough for me). It's been 15+ years since I've been able to shop in the Misses section. I was honestly shocked at the selection in comparison to the Women's/ Plus section.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Ok. One scale victory and one NSV. On Saturday I hit 100lbs gone from my high in August (VSG 10/15/15), now at 102lbs, it's a bit surreal to see the number creeping so slowly towards the 199 mark.

I just had my blood work done for my annual physical. Last year, May 1, my triglycerides were 364. As of yesterday, they were 75! SEVENTY-FLIPPING-FIVE! I'm still in a haze over that one. Before they sent me a copy they left a message that my lipid panel was "normal". I couldn't fathom they came down THAT much. I keep opening the report and staring. EVERY value was in normal range (except iron, but I knew that was coming). I have been on 14k IU of vitamin D for YEARS because my numbers have NEVER been above a 7. (if you know about D levels, that's frightening low.) I can now try lowering that to 7k IU.

I'm in a bit of a haze. For me, this surgery was about regaining my health. The weight loss has been an added bonus. It has been a very welcomed side effect, but was not my primary reasoning for the surgery. Now, to see that I was able to so quickly reverse things I am so much happier than I was Saturday. And when I saw that 100lbs gone on Saturday, I was over the moon!
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    NSV - my pool towel now wraps around my body with no huge gaping holes :smiley:
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I managed to jog EIGHT miles today total. Four this morning with my husband and another four tonight on my own. The second round took a full minute longer but I still rocked it out!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Visited Coast Guard recruit training this week, did a pre-dawn spinning class with 42 eighteen to twenty-two year olds and their company commander. I held my own, even though I'm as old if not older than most of their parents. Felt great. Never dreamed I'd be able to do something like that again!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My NSV is that I stopped caring. I care about what I eat and how I feel, but I stopped caring about the number on the scale. First, I totally forgot my "19th of the month" mandatory weigh-in. Looking back, I've weighed once since February 19th. Second, someone asked me yesterday how much I weighed and that's when I realized that I hadn't weighed in forever and I really didn't know (or care) how much I weighed. I feel good and I look good and that's what matters to me now.
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wearing mediums. Haven't worn this size since my thirties...
    I'm closing in on 60.
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Completely shopping for clothes in the misses section now. Feels so good!
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this counts, but it felt like a victory to me so I'll throw it out there. I'm a messy car person and I'll usually throw stuff onto the floor of the passenger seat until I feel like cleaning it out. Well today I looked over and where there used to be candy wrappers, gas station burger wrappers, and soda bottles...there was just water bottles and empty protien shake containers. It was an unexpected reminder of how I've changed my daily life :)
  • cabennett99
    Options
    BOUGHT a 44" tuxedo for my sons wedding next month, replacing the 60" tuxedo I wore pre-op 18 months ago. It's time to rebuild my wardrobe!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    These are all such wonderful NSV. You should all be so proud of yourselves.
    I was over on another thread about stalls and stated I hadn't lost anything since March 8th. However when I reread the thread I saw all the NSV's I listed and thought it is time to revisit you all and for me to brag a bit.
    9 weeks ago I couldn't bike 0.62 miles now I am biking 5 miles. I had to use 2 canes to walk to my bike now I use one. Hope you don't mind.
    I had to move my van seat forward because my butt is smaller and my legs couldn't touch the gas pedal. Even at this more forward position, my tummy no longer touches the steering wheel.
    My pants are so big now that when I do walk I am stepping all over them.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My pants are so big now that when I do walk I am stepping all over them.

YES! This one! My husband was doing laundry over the weekend and was like, "What is with all this wear and tear on your pants legs?" :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @krissymae88 First of all, an NSV is ANYTHING you feel victorious about. I absolutely agree and can completely understand yours. My car is the same way. And I giggle now as I clean it out and find my random protein wrappers and drink bottles. My car used to be riddled with straw wrappers, fast food crap, stacks of napkins...so I get it.

My most recent NSV? Not being recognized...again. It was actually very funny. I went out with my brother, SIL, and their employees this past Saturday night. I've not seen their employees since July or August when I was still at my heaviest. One of their friends recognized me right away, "HOLY CRAP! You've lost a *kitten* TON of weight! Keep it up!" Another girl, Alisha, didn't recognize me. My SIL said we were over by her, so I walked over, she looked at me, smiled and said hello. I said hi. She turned away. My SIL came over and started to ask if she remembered me when their spritely little apprentice (tattoo studio) came prancing over, "Alisha, you remember Eric's sister, Nicole!" She spun around, wide eyed and told me she didn't recognize me and I looked great. My brother and another employee, Adam, had been outside smoking and they came in to sit down. Adam smiled and introduced himself, I chuckled and said "We've met, I'm Nicole, Eric's sister." He smiled and said, "Really? I'm sorry, I don't remember you. I only remember meeting his other sister." The sprite started giggling, "Adam! Eric only HAS one sister!"

I like not being recognized. lol
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My Director, who hasn't seen me since before surgery, looked at me and looked away truly not recognizing me. She kept hearing my voice, but when she turned around, she didn't see the me she knew. Finally, I spoke directly to her and she was gobsmacked. For a full minute, she just stared. And then she cried, because she was so happy.

I'm noticing my belly pooch is lessening. I doubt I'll have a flat belly without surgery, but it's nice to see it getting smaller.

I've started running just because I can. I don't mean "running for exercise" which I've been doing for a few months now, but running just because I can. I need to get from Point A to Point B. If I'm wearing the right shoes, I'll run just because I can. I'm feeling very "Forrest Gump" these days.
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just easily pulled on an old pair of jeans I haven't worn in probably 2 years and buttoned them, and I don't feel like I'm being sliced in two!
  • cabennett99
    Options
    Arm pits. They're back.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My daughter got engaged and I actually have no fear about looking for mother-of-the-bride dresses!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Officially have nothing in my closet that fits!
    And I met m son's future mother in law for the first time and didn't feel totally embarrassed by my size:)