Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My recent NSV:

I joined a gym (again) and this time around I no longer feel embarrassed or ashamed of my weight or working out in front of other people. It really bothered me in the past and that's likely one of the reasons that I stopped going. No one cares about what I'm doing- everyone is just there doing their own thing.

Today for my work out I swam laps for 40 minutes, and I loved every minute of it. The time flies by way quicker when I'm swimming than when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. Haha. I do love to sweat it out on the machines though ;)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Mandy_1982 wrote: »
    My recent NSV:

I joined a gym (again) and this time around I no longer feel embarrassed or ashamed of my weight or working out in front of other people. It really bothered me in the past and that's likely one of the reasons that I stopped going. No one cares about what I'm doing- everyone is just there doing their own thing.

Today for my work out I swam laps for 40 minutes, and I loved every minute of it. The time flies by way quicker when I'm swimming than when I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. Haha. I do love to sweat it out on the machines though ;)

I'm impressed...I'm a terrible swimmer! I also blame being 140 pounds lighter on making it harder since I'm less buoyant now ;-).
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mandy_1982 wrote: »
    My recent NSV:

I'm impressed...I'm a terrible swimmer! I also blame being 140 pounds lighter on making it harder since I'm less buoyant now ;-).

Thank you! Haha, yes. The buoyancy probably does help.

Your running is impressive. Hopefully a year from now I'll be able to do some running :blush:
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am wearing my husband's t-shirt to bed. I haven't been able to do that since we met 12 years ago. :p
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Nothing like a fresh pair.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I set a new personal best 7 day distance...70 miles!

I might have also run my fastest 10 miles but my iPod conspired against me and lost my data.

Fantastic!

I HATE when that happens. Had to install a phone lock so that it would stop unlocking in my pocket