Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    I set a new personal best 7 day distance...70 miles!

I might have also run my fastest 10 miles but my iPod conspired against me and lost my data.

Fantastic!

I HATE when that happens. Had to install a phone lock so that it would stop unlocking in my pocket

I'm so annoyed because I just bought it and it seems to be doing that same thing my old one was. I know that I was more than a minute faster than my usual 10k time when it crapped out. I'll just have to run fast again on Saturday.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    OT: Clothes are so weird. I think a lot of it is body composition (excess skin). I have to try everything on, because the differences in shirt brands/styles are never consistent, especially in these lower sizes. Never had much of an issue previously, because I literally didn't give a *kitten* how I looked.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @anbrdr NO KIDDING! It's part of the reason I love Goodwill so much! I can go in there and grab 20 different brands in the same size and see what fits. I've figured out which brands run a little bigger, which not so much...I KNOW in some brands, I'm still in a 12, and I'm ok with that, because I won't buy them! lmao!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    At my physical now and using a regular blood pressure cuff vs a large
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    So I bought this nice, heavy leather belt sometime before surgery. As I've lost weight, I've punched in new holes, and trimmed the end off of it to keep it looking nice. Today I looked at it and realized that there are no more manufacturer made holes on my belt. The ones on there now all came from my leather punch.

Freakin' awesome!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I need to trim another 2 inches off of the end. I wish I had kept the other trimmed pieces for a pic.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I need to trim another 2 inches off of the end. I wish I had kept the other trimmed pieces for a pic.
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jcavanna2 wrote: »
    I am glad Insaved my "skinny clothes" from
    when I lost weight years ago...I have thrown out all of my pre-op clothes for the most part, and not only buying new stuff but wearing my old "skinny clothes" some which still had tags - those are now getting too big and I have baggy-*kitten*..lol

I recently went through my dresser and bagged up all of the clothes that I don't currently wear. They will be too big, so might as well make some room for new stuff :) I have some smaller size jeans (that I saved from a few years ago) that I'm looking forward to wearing!

• jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Mandy_1982 that is the best feeling, isn't it??!! :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hate spending the money to replace everything; my feet even got narrower. Hate wanting to be more fashionable and putting forth a little effort in my appearance, a baggy black shirt and cargo shorts was thoughtless and easy.

I love this part! I have had SO much fun buying new clothes and shoes. I guess it's not so much a guy thing though, so I get it!

One thing I love - I go to a lot of concerts, and most of the time I could never buy a t-shirt that would fit. Now I can always find my size and I have a pretty good collection of concert t-shirts :-)

• anbrdr
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, it's fun, but now it's harder to find thrift store stuff in my size. Also, I'm cheap (and poor) and clothes are not, lol.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I totally get that too! Dropping 200 lbs and trying to stay properly clothed has not been cheap and I know that you know that struggle!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    For a long time my clothes were partitioned by size, and work/play/dress...I fit into nothing. I had this huge closet full of clothes I couldn't wear. The closet is still partitioned into work/play/dress...and it's full! hahahaha, and so are most of the two dressers I have! I have more clothes than ever, and yeah, thrift store, Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Old Navy are my mainstays. And shoes. OMG. I used to wear one pair of sandals all summer and one pair of shoes all fall and winter, with a pair of dress shoes just in case. I have so many shoes! My feet went from a double wide to a medium, and because the width came down I'm fitting into smaller sizes as well! I still hate to shop, but love all my pretties, lol!