Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a like button because I'm liking all of these post!!

Here are some differences I've noticed:
    ~Painting my toenails is easy!
    ~I don't feel the need to wear a jacket over every top I put on to 'hide' my body
    ~I haven't had heartburn in months
    ~I can reach into my closet and grab anything and it FITS!!
    ~I don't mind having my picture taken
    ~I'm just happier with life in general
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    xp from another group...

I went to a yoga class this morning. I went inside and didn't drive back home. I put on a brave face when I heard the mooing and the fat comments. I spoke to people anyway. I managed to ignore the childish tittering when I stumbled. I said goodbye without bursting into tears. I didn't come home and have an anxiety attack. I didn't have a few drinks. I didn't emotionally eat. I didn't retreat into a book. I scheduled myself into another class.

To me: A pat on the back and a YAY ME!
    To them: F you. This is about me. For once, I'm making this about me. Not... Is hubby happy? Are the kids happy? Is this too expensive? Is anyone inconvenienced? Should I have been cleaning house? Did my fat make you uncomfortable? Nope, it's about me. Screw you.

Some NSVs are about what didn't happen. I didn't freak out. I didn't give in. I didn't give up. Go me.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ariesg27203
    ariesg27203 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2Poufs -- YAY, YOU!!!! That is wonderful!!! That is a HUGE NSV!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    2Poufs - way to go!! That's something to be happy and very proud of. Keep it going!!!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @2Poufs - Go, you! Haters to the left. Life is too short for petty people who are going to be jealous of you soon enough.

I signed up yesterday via Group for 5 kickboxing classes. Excited to try it out but I won't be able to go until next week because of our crazy holiday weekend plans.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    2Poufs, so sorry people are idiot asshats. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you! You go!
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think I need to start a journal for my NSVs - the pounds are moving slower for me than for some, but the changes in my energy level and body composition are nothing short of amazing. The latest good news -
    I am 2 pounds away from making my Driver's License truth rather than fiction!
    BMI down from 43 to 35.9
    Pants down from a snug 22 to a lose 18
    And the best - my twin sister (who I see almost every day) saw me at a distance in new clothes, and DID NOT recognize me until I called to her!

Many thanks to everyone here - this is such a positive and supportive group - what a great bunch of LOSERS!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Yaaa Greenbaymichk!! Great NSVs!

It just dawned on me this morning that I am 10lbs lighter than my husband! That hasn't happened since my pre-pregnancy years - like 1996 or something!
  • creepykbear
    creepykbear Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone's posts are so inspiring! Way to go 2Poufs!

I was wearing some comfy pants yesterday doing work around the house...put my phone in my pocket the the pants fell off! I was so amazed I had to go show my hubs :)
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Everyone's posts are so inspiring! Way to go 2Poufs!

I was wearing some comfy pants yesterday doing work around the house...put my phone in my pocket the the pants fell off! I was so amazed I had to go show my hubs :)

now that's an NSV - bet your husband enjoyed that one!

had my own NSV of sorts today -- could actually push the lawn mower faster than the self-propelled mode and in the past some days struggled to keep up

• sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I took my size 14 jeans off yesterday without unbuttoning them. Time for new jeans again ;)

today I hit a weight loss goal- I have now lost the combined weight of my 5yo twins. That feels awesome, as I struggle to pick them up together. Not sure how I carried all of that around 24/7 for so long.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sinderstorm, your post about losing the weight of your twin reminded me of an old post:

How much have you lost??

1 lb = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 lbs = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 lbs = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 lbs = an average human brain
    4 lbs = an ostrich egg
    5 lbs = a Chihuahua
    6 lbs = a human skin
    7.5 lbs = an average newborn
    8 lbs = a human head
    10 lbs = chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 lbs = an average house cat
    12 lbs = a Bald Eagle
    15 lbs = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 lbs = a sperm whale's brain
    20 lbs = a automobile tire
    23 lbs = amount of pizza the average American eats in a year
    33 lbs = a cinder block
    36 lbs = a mid-size microwave
    40 lbs = a 5 gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 lbs = an elephant's heart
    50 lbs = a small bale of hay
    55 lbs = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 lbs = an elephant's penis
    66 lbs = fats and oils the average American eats in a year
    70 lbs = an Irish Setter
    77 lbs = a gold brick
    80 lbs = World's Largest Ball of Tape
    90 lbs = newborn calf
    100 lbs = a 2 month old horse
    111 lbs = red meat the average American eats in a year
    117 lbs = an average fashion model
    118 lbs = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 lbs = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 lbs = newborn giraffe
    138 lbs = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 lbs = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 lbs = an average adult woman
    150 lbs = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 lbs = an average adult man
    200 lbs = 2 bloodhounds
    235 lbs = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 lbs = average football lineman
    400 lbs = a Welsh Pony
  • nursejenny1976
    nursejenny1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This may sound petty, but at the 4th of July parade yesterday, we ran into one of my former best friends. She didn't even recognize me- she recognized my DH, and then when she realized who I was, her jaw dropped. It felt good. Damn good.

• nursejenny1976
    nursejenny1976 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on this. I'm looking forward to those moments.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Kind of a silly NSV, but... For the first time in 15 years, I did a back flip. I was standing outside with the dog and though, "What the hell, give it a shot. Won't be the first wrist I've broken." I did it and hey! My body does remember how to do it. Being little again is going to be a lot of fun.
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Since my size 20W pants were sliding off I decided it was time to buy a couple of replacement pairs. I thought well lets try the 18W, still too big. I tried the 16W which fit OK but still a little baggy. I went over to the "regular" side of the store and grabbed a pair of 16s and they fit! First time in a long time I've been out of the Womens/Plus size department!
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Rpyle111 - Congrats on the BMI "no longer obese", whoo-hoo! I remember the first time seeing my Dr. writing the diagnoses obese in my chart, my heart sank.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I ran 6 miles Saturday!!
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    Was able to beautifully fit into a pair of junior's size 19 jeans over the weekend. I found them in an old bin of clothes from long, long ago. Lol.