Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So happy to read all of your NSVs. I've got a few of my own to throw out there...
    They include being able to cross my legs comfortably at my desk and elsewhere. I recently had a couple of weekend getaways and was able to walk all over the city and not turn into a sweaty mess. Saving money by not taking cabs was a bonus too.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Went for a dermatologist checkup today and got a regular size gown. It went all the way around, even when I was sitting. Woah!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Laurac727 wrote: »
    Stopped by TSA agent cause I didn't look like my drivers licience anymore, he said congrats but get a new licience lol

Funny! Had the same kind of thing last year. When my license needed to be renewed last summer I went in and insisted on a new picture. I had three different stores question if that was really me when doing a credit card transaction (I seriously love it when they ask to see ID!). One place told me to get the license picture updated before someone didn't believe the weight loss and thought I stole some credit cards. The guy at the DMV told me I didn't need a picture until this year and he would do it, but there was a cost for a "redo" picture (one where you want it but they don't require it) I had him ask his supervisor. When I explained it to her and she looked at the picture, then looked at me and told him to go ahead and take the picture but only charge me the renewal fee. :smiley:
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been comfortably crossing my legs and I went on 3 roller coasters!!!

Congrats! I am just starting the process of getting WLS but both of these are things I'm really looking forward to! My family seems to think I have a fear of roller coasters...but really my fear has always been not fitting in the seat.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I stopped at Target to pick up another water bottle to keep my water cold. As I was driving home I noticed some of the fast food places I would frequent. They included Subways, McDonalds and Baskin Robbins. Part of me wondered if I was missing something, but I am not. I am so happy I'm not ordering a whole grinder, a chicken sandwich with fries big and cookies + apple pies. And my favorite was chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robbins Double scoop on a large cone with sprinkles. I think that's a victory in and of itself.
  • mskimpel
    mskimpel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Being able to have room between my belly and the steering wheel driving ( my belly rubbed against the steering wheel ) . It's sure a lot easier driving now .
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my class ring today!! First time in over 25 years!! Class of 1983!!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Just put on a size 8 jeans!! 3r9xksqbs53s.jpg
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Whoooo!!! Go @tat2cookie! Nice!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was in my cousin's wedding and I wore a saree with a crop top and felt pretty good. I never could have done that before. (Thats me in the middle)

68vw4917x2z2.jpg
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    I was in my cousin's wedding and I wore a saree with a crop top and felt pretty good. I never could have done that before. (Thats me in the middle)

68vw4917x2z2.jpg
    Love it!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    Laurac727 wrote: »
    Stopped by TSA agent cause I didn't look like my drivers licience anymore, he said congrats but get a new licience lol
    Similar thing for me: applied for a home loan and got the third degree because my ID's from 175# ago look like a different person.

SIL just sent me a photo of myself with her kids (the one in my profile picture). Didn't realize I looked like that????
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Just put on a size 8 jeans!! 3r9xksqbs53s.jpg

@tat2cookie Congratulations! I had a similar experience yesterday evening, I was able to purchase a pair of jeans that were a size 4! I think in comparison they may be a 6 with other jeans brands but I was amazed I could even fit that size.
  • Athollass
    Athollass Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, at work, I needed to put on a gown and shoe covers before going into an isolation room. Before, I needed 2 gowns to cover my back side. Now one gown wraps all the way around! As for the shoe covers it is usually an awkward balancing act putting them on while standing in the hall. Rather undignified actually. But now I can easily put them on without all the huffing and puffing!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements today. I've lost 15" since surgery -- Hipee!!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Didn't have to wear an airplane seatbelt extender and rode a rollercoaster last month!
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had to purchase new clothes and had trouble finding small enough sizes. Toady at work one of my 22 year old co-workers asked if she could borrow some of my clothes. Wow now that's a first for me:)
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    My husband called me bony yesterday..... That was a first!!
  • Gleno97
    Gleno97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I had to punch 4 new holes in my belt so it would fit smaller!!! Now I'm on the last hole again and soon I'm going to have to punch a few more holes to make it smaller. For me that is very gratifying. I'm very happy with my new happier healthier lifestyle. Cheers folks.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ha, funny you mention that! I went looking for my leather punch this weekend and could not find it. Ended up buying a belt 6 inches shorter than the previous one, so I'd have room to shrink.