Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Benn chasing mile #2 (15 minute time limit) for a few weeks now. Finally caught it, and went on for another half mile in my 18 minute pre-lifting session. This is on the elliptical, I have not started running yet.
  • mmcevoyblackburn
    mmcevoyblackburn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I taught 4 Zumba classes in one day! Before getting sleeved, there would have been no way!
  • hockey7fan
    hockey7fan Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    We had cookies and punch night at Vacation Bible School and all I had was a glass of water. No fresh baked chocolate chip cookies made by our church chef who makes really good food.
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Laurac727 wrote: »
    Stopped by TSA agent cause I didn't look like my drivers licience anymore, he said congrats but get a new licience lol

That is too funny!
    Mine is a bought a dress in the Misses dept. It was an XXL but I was still thrilled!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    kc82 wrote: »
    Well - I'm 2 years out and although the NSV's are not as frequent, I still encounter them! My most recent? Fitting into the summer clothes I had last year! Usually every year I had to buy new clothes because (a) I either wore them out, or (b) I gained more weight.

I was nervous this summer that perhaps I had "filled out" some since last summer (even though my weight has been steady), and my clothes from last summer fit great, and some are even a little big! YAY!

That's awesome that you have maintained. Good going.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Way to go, @Trayjay33! That's awesome. I'm just striving for the day when I'm no longer obese.
  • SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm done from a 24/26/3x to a 18/20/1x in clothes. I still go for the larger sizes only to discover they are too big. I think it'll take some time for it to sink in.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Went hiking today for the first time in many years and it was GREAT!
  • Trayjay33
    Options
    Way to go, @Trayjay33! That's awesome. I'm just striving for the day when I'm no longer obese.

Thanks, you will get there before you know it!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have not had my surgery yet, but have lost enough that all of my shorts are falling off of me. It really makes me have second thoughts.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This may sound petty, but at the 4th of July parade yesterday, we ran into one of my former best friends. She didn't even recognize me- she recognized my DH, and then when she realized who I was, her jaw dropped. It felt good. Damn good.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    This may sound petty, but at the 4th of July parade yesterday, we ran into one of my former best friends. She didn't even recognize me- she recognized my DH, and then when she realized who I was, her jaw dropped. It felt good. Damn good.

Love this - way to go! Looking forward to some of those reactions myself.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have been comfortably crossing my legs and I went on 3 roller coasters!!!
  • Trayjay33
    Options
    I was uncomfortable driving my car and didn't realize that I had lost so much weight I needed to adjust the steering wheel. I had to pull the steering wheel out as far as it could go towards me so I could be more comfortable driving. It took a while for that to register.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Cleaned out my closet and now absolutely everything in there FITS!! Such a great feeling to be able to grab anything and know I can wear it comfortable.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I was almost late for work today trying to find a pair of pants that weren't so baggy that they'd fall off. Finally found a pair of nondescript gray slacks I haven't worn in over 10 years. It may be time for some "new" clothes, so it looks like I'll be hitting some consignment shops or thrift stores this weekend.