Recent NSV?

Replies

• Ramla_J
    Ramla_J Posts: 14 Member
    Like someone else mentioned - I can cross my legs! this is huge for me.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and have had a few since my May surgery. The first was having to slide my car seat forward because my belly wasn't taking up the room anymore. I remember almost crying tears of happiness.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    I found a stray dog in my yard last week and went next door to ask my neighbor about it. When his wife came out she asked me where I lived. Because she didn't even recognize me. (I had also gotten a haircut, but still!)
  • Glnda5433
    Glnda5433 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 2 weeks post op and last night I showed my daughter that I could pull my foot up and rest it on my other leg..lol She kind of looked at me like "Ok?? why are you showing me this" (She is 14) I told her I couldn't do that before. Then she said nice job Mom...Gotta love those teen agers.
  • Gleno97
    Gleno97 Posts: 37 Member
    Had to order new work clothes because I was swimming in my old ones.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Wearing a pair of sandals with an ankle strap that doesn't dig in!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    edited August 2015
    The belt I just bought in July is on the last hole. Blew through 4 notches..
    And my car's driver's side feels roomier. no more leg rubbing on the door.

and a non-victory. My office chair now hurts my butt. guess I lost some padding in the upper legs and butt.
  • greenbaymichk
    greenbaymichk Posts: 85 Member
    198.8 this morning - One-derland, baby!!!!
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Haven't had surgery yet, still in the waiting/qualifying stage but after a month of logging, and another month of making diet changes and sticking to a calorie limit and boosting exercise: 10lbs down, 23 inches lost overall. My 4x clothes are getting looser, there are times that I actually feel full now (not a state of constant hunger), I was able to mow our yard without using the self propel feature on the mower and without taking a break d/t breathing issues and the best one- hubby was able to wrap his arms all the way around my shoulders for a hug for the first time in a long time.

Definitely motivation to keep going.
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    BMI under 30 today - no longer "obese"!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member

Sweet!!! Enjoy the day!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    I ran 5.5 miles!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member

Awesome accomplishment!!! Way to go!

• blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Got fitted for a real bra finally yesterday. I went from a 42J to a 34I - the fitter was astounded. Thought my purchase record was wrong but I assured her it was not. The new one only has 2 hooks in back. At first I was like 'No way is 2 hooks gonna do it' but it did! Now I have to wait 2 weeks for the color I ordered to come in. So exciting!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    I was a little tired of getting "new to me" clothes at the thrift store, so Friday night I went and bought a couple of new things at Target. My first surprise was trying on shirts - I grabbed the Large size, thinking I'd try it out just to try it (I usually wear XL), and it ended up being too big so I ended up getting a Medium instead. I don't think I've worn a medium ANYTHING since middle school. Secondly, I grabbed a pair of 12 jeans as an incentive to work toward (I'm in 14s now and they're a comfortable fit). Well, I tried those on last night just to see how far I need to go and they actually fit now! Granted, the material is a bit stretchy, but still!

Also, congrats on conquering the "obese" BMI label, @cabennett99!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    I was a little tired of getting "new to me" clothes at the thrift store, so Friday night I went and bought a couple of new things at Target. My first surprise was trying on shirts - I grabbed the Large size, thinking I'd try it out just to try it (I usually wear XL), and it ended up being too big so I ended up getting a Medium instead. I don't think I've worn a medium ANYTHING since middle school. Secondly, I grabbed a pair of 12 jeans as an incentive to work toward (I'm in 14s now and they're a comfortable fit). Well, I tried those on last night just to see how far I need to go and they actually fit now! Granted, the material is a bit stretchy, but still!

That's awesome!!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    I am going to buy a belt for the first time since I was a teenager. I have never needed a belt because I would never consider tucking my shirt into my pants. I'm now ready to consider that option and buy a white oxford shirt to tuck into my black pants, with a belt for the pants. I have always loved that look but never been able to wear it.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    I'm sitting on a plane right now...no extender needed. There's even room to spare!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    I'm sitting on a plane right now...no extender needed. There's even room to spare!

Thant's awesome! Congratulations!

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Such awesome updates from everyone! Congrats!